PDA

View Full Version : Nicks w/hammy issue!?

Sundown
12-28-2011, 11:56 AM
Wtf !! I'm sure he'll play but damn he hasn't been right for a few weeks now!!

scf424
12-28-2011, 12:00 PM
Pretty sure a hamstring issue doesn't cause you to drop perfectly thrown balls.

Redeyejedi
12-28-2011, 12:07 PM
Nicks is the Justin Tuck of the offense.Plays but always has some sort injury.Its really frustrating.

Lack of practice might make u drop a ball though

YATittle1962
12-28-2011, 12:18 PM
Nicks is the Justin Tuck of the offense.Plays but always has some sort injury.Its really frustrating.

yeah he needs to clean that up quick.....its very disappointing

funny thing is a couple months ago I watched him take 55 balls from the Jugs machine at many different velocities .....and he didnt miss one......catching many of them one handed.....

obviously this has nothing to do with catching a ball in the game .....but this kids hands are fantastic ....so frustrating to see him do this in games

this is a great clip of him with Chris Carter

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UcP-zlWysik

volume a little low but a great clip none the less.....this is the only copy I could find

Sundown
12-28-2011, 12:47 PM

yeah he needs to clean that up quick.....its very disappointing

funny thing is a couple months ago I watched him take 55 balls from the Jugs machine at many different velocities .....and he didnt miss one......catching many of them one handed.....

obviously this has nothing to do with catching a ball in the game .....but this kids hands are fantastic ....so frustrating to see him do this in games

this is a great clip of him with Chris Carter

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UcP-zlWysik

volume a little low but a great clip none the less.....this is the only copy I could find

I guess the only other explanation is mental. Not sure what's going through his mind or personal issues but I hope he gets it resolved soon.

burier
12-28-2011, 01:41 PM
I think Revis just ate his lunch saturday like revis does to most WRs.

Nicks is a big boy. He can take an *** whoopin. Right now Revis is just a better player than Nicks. The cowboys dont have anything close to Revis and we don't have to play the jets again so all is well.

G-Stan
12-28-2011, 01:58 PM
I didn't see Nicks just dropping balls on Sunday. Reavis was having a love affair with him, all over him yanking and pulling his arms and body all over the place.

But it was like he wasn't even given Reavis a challenge, just allowed him to yank him around.

G-Man67
12-28-2011, 02:02 PM
he'll play, if he wasn't obviously limping off, which i certainly didnt see, then maybe just a tweak to the hammy problem from a month or so ago ... and if he don't drop any passes ... he'll help us even if he doesn't have 5th gear

ryan12
12-28-2011, 02:47 PM
I didn't see Nicks just dropping balls on Sunday. Reavis was having a love affair with him, all over him yanking and pulling his arms and body all over the place.

But it was like he wasn't even given Reavis a challenge, just allowed him to yank him around.

i agree 100% he was raping him

barran21
12-28-2011, 02:49 PM
If he's out, we are in trouble, Eli has looked HORRIBLE the last 2 weeks....

Wes
12-28-2011, 02:58 PM
nicks is a beast and hes fine...i dont think the drops will be a long term thing. I think he gets excited sometimes...he dominates DBs...cept revis lol</P>

but hes a damn good WR AND hes fine</P>

dave56dj
12-28-2011, 02:59 PM
Comparing nicks to tuck in terms of injuries is MAYBE fair although nicks has missed ONE game - Tuck has missed 4 so barely.

Now in terms of production its ridiculous - Nicks has 71 catches over 1000 yards and 7 td's to tucks 4 sacks - CMON MAN.

Also - yes nicks has had some bad drops the lat two weeks - but the truth is the wash game was a poor one and then the best corner in the league git the best of him - Hakeem can straight ball - let it go.

JJC7301
12-28-2011, 03:23 PM
Nicks is the Justin Tuck of the offense.Plays but always has some sort injury.Its really frustrating. Lack of practice might make u drop a ball though</P>

+1. Nicks always has some injury...just like Tuck and just like Shockey used to.</P>

G4L
12-28-2011, 04:33 PM
Anyone catch Mike Garafolo's tweet on Nicks hammy: 'Nicks had said last month a new stretching routine helped his hammy. Said he didn't get the chance to do the same routine past two weeks.'</P>

My question is why the hell not?</P>

MG also tweeted that the hammy issue came up in the first quarter and took away his deep routes against the jets and affected his releases.</P>

burier
12-28-2011, 04:50 PM
Anyone catch Mike Garafolo's tweet on Nicks hammy:* 'Nicks had said last month a new stretching routine helped his hammy.* Said he didn't get the chance to do the same routine past two weeks.'</P>

My question is why the hell not?*</P>

*MG also tweeted that the hammy issue came up in the first quarter and took away his deep routes against the jets and affected his releases.</P>

convenient story.

jakegibbs
12-28-2011, 04:56 PM
I think Revis just ate his lunch saturday like revis does to most WRs.

Nicks is a big boy. He can take an *** whoopin. Right now Revis is just a better player than Nicks. The cowboys dont have anything close to Revis and we don't have to play the jets again so all is well.

Not so fast about Revis. Didn't you see the 2 dropped TD passes in the Redskin debacale?

Denaliman316
12-28-2011, 04:57 PM
I really hope he's ok. We need him out there. It's a must win game he needs to tape it up tight and go. Just his presence draws double coverage.

rainierjef
12-28-2011, 04:58 PM
and this is why some posters think we should look at wideout in FA/Draft we have a good core but what good is it if their playing injured we have to keep the guns hot add more ammo imho