PDA

View Full Version : Kruunch's 2013 Final Mock

Kruunch
04-05-2013, 11:44 AM
With the only milestone remaining being the April 10th locals workout (mostly late round and / or UDFA prospects) draft boards are mostly solidified. Projections have been made, targets sighted and we all await with baited breath. So without further ado, my final mock for the 2013 NFL Draft (complete with alternative picks):

1) Damontre Moore (DE) - Having addressed the DT position thoroughly for 2013, I think the Giants are going DE in the first round. I don't think Werner falls to us and Tank Carradine's ACL is going to make picking him in the first prohibitive at best. Datone Jones projects as more of a 3-4 DE (or 4-3 DT) so they don't go there. I really like Alex Okafor (my preferred pick), however I think the Giants will see Moore as a young Osi who they are looking to replace. Accordingly, the Giants desperately need a speed rusher on the outside and this goes hand in hand with their publicized plans to swap JPP to the strong side. Alt Pick: Alex Okafor (DE)

2) Khaseem Greene (LB) - I'm really iffy on this pick due to both Greene being projected as a WILL backer (which we have multiples of) and the fact that his weakness is stacking/shedding which makes his versatility limited to WILL backer only. However he is an absolute ball hawk and the Giants finally feel pressured enough to dedicate a high pick to the LBing corps. With Arthur Brown roaring up the charts (my preferred pick here), I think he is gone by this pick leaving Green as the next highest projected LBer. Accordingly, the Giants have already had Greene in for a workout. Alt Pick: David Amerson (CB).

3) Brian Winters (OT/OG) - This would be the really smart pick for the Giants. They need stability and answers on the oline. This was helped by the second contract signing of Will Beatty and the re-signing of Kevin Boothe. Now they need to address both their RT spot and the possible departure of Chris Snee after the 2013 season. Brian Winters has played mostly LT, but projects as a RT or OG and is considered one of the true five position offensive linemen in the draft. There are stength concerns with Winters (9 reps at the Combine before a pec strain stopped his lifting and no lifting at his pro day). The OL depth in the draft drops off sharply after Winters so this is where we improve. Alt Pick: Ryan Swope (WR)

4) Blidi Wreh-Wilson (CB) - Does Wilson fall to the fourth round? Most likely not. A bit raw but athletically gifted and the kind of size the Giants like at the corner spot. Breaks well on the ball which makes him a really good candidate as a zone corner. Struggles in man coverage a bit and is though of as more of a project than starting potential which may have him slip a bit. He also has a little injury history from 2011 which I believe he's proven he's past but again, may make him slip just a tad. If that scenario plays out and he's available in the fourth for us, I think we pounce on him. Alt Pick: JJ Wilcox (S)

5) Nick Kasa (TE) - Wait ... we just signed Brandon Myers and have Pascoe and Robinson, why are we drafting a TE?! Bear Pascoe has proven a reliable lunch-pail type of player but his longevity as a Giant is nearing an end. Eventually the Giants are going to want to get younger here and find a player with a bit more upside than Pascoe. Nick Kasa translates as the exact type of lowkey TE the Giants love to develop (even going so far as being compared to Kevin Boss). Alt Picks: Marcus Lattimore (RB) / Bennie Logan (DT)

6) Denard Robinson (WR) - Converted QB with blazing speed. In the era of tricked up offenses, I can see the Giants taking a late round flyer on a joker type player. Think Antwan Randel-El. Alt Picks: Dewayne Cherrington (DT) / Jonathan Stewart (LB) / Rontez Miles (S)

7) Miguel Maysonet (RB) - Late round prospect to push Darell Scott in camp. Offers so-so straight line speed but flashes explosive power and acceleration for his size (think Bradshaw). Already been invited to the Giants' April 10th locals workout. Alt Pick: Gilbert Pena (DT) / Steve Beauharnais (LB)

7) Patrick Omameh (OG) - Michigan OG that's already been worked out by the Giants. Alt Pick: Nick Williams (WR) / Vinston Painter (OT)

Carter.525
04-05-2013, 12:49 PM
If Werner is gone and JR wants a DE, I could see Moore as the pick.. I wouldn't hate it, the rest is a slam dunk!!

Toadofsteel
04-05-2013, 01:09 PM
I can get behind any draft that doesn't pick ogletree in the first. The fact that this is a really good draft just helps things even more.

titwio
04-05-2013, 01:11 PM
Glad I'm not the only one that had a mock with Wreh-Wilson in the 4th. I made mine before his pro day though and he did seem to improve from his combine and have an impressive workout. I think he goes in the 3rd imo.

All in all though it's a pretty solid mock. I wouldn't be mad if it went down something like this. I like a lot of those guys.

Kruunch
04-05-2013, 02:19 PM
Glad I'm not the only one that had a mock with Wreh-Wilson in the 4th. I made mine before his pro day though and he did seem to improve from his combine and have an impressive workout. I think he goes in the 3rd imo.

All in all though it's a pretty solid mock. I wouldn't be mad if it went down something like this. I like a lot of those guys.

I agree that Wreh-Wilson in the fourth might be a tad of a stretch. Especially given the position he plays and his impressive Combine / Pro Day.

Hope springs eternal though!

Kruunch
04-08-2013, 09:21 AM
If Werner is gone and JR wants a DE, I could see Moore as the pick.. I wouldn't hate it, the rest is a slam dunk!!

Yeah I see Moore kind of as the consolation pick myself.

nycsportzfan
04-08-2013, 12:11 PM
With the only milestone remaining being the April 10th locals workout (mostly late round and / or UDFA prospects) draft boards are mostly solidified. Projections have been made, targets sighted and we all await with baited breath. So without further ado, my final mock for the 2013 NFL Draft (complete with alternative picks):

1) Damontre Moore (DE) - Having addressed the DT position thoroughly for 2013, I think the Giants are going DE in the first round. I don't think Werner falls to us and Tank Carradine's ACL is going to make picking him in the first prohibitive at best. Datone Jones projects as more of a 3-4 DE (or 4-3 DT) so they don't go there. I really like Alex Okafor (my preferred pick), however I think the Giants will see Moore as a young Osi who they are looking to replace. Accordingly, the Giants desperately need a speed rusher on the outside and this goes hand in hand with their publicized plans to swap JPP to the strong side. Alt Pick: Alex Okafor (DE)

2) Khaseem Greene (LB) - I'm really iffy on this pick due to both Greene being projected as a WILL backer (which we have multiples of) and the fact that his weakness is stacking/shedding which makes his versatility limited to WILL backer only. However he is an absolute ball hawk and the Giants finally feel pressured enough to dedicate a high pick to the LBing corps. With Arthur Brown roaring up the charts (my preferred pick here), I think he is gone by this pick leaving Green as the next highest projected LBer. Accordingly, the Giants have already had Greene in for a workout. Alt Pick: David Amerson (CB).

3) Brian Winters (OT/OG) - This would be the really smart pick for the Giants. They need stability and answers on the oline. This was helped by the second contract signing of Will Beatty and the re-signing of Kevin Boothe. Now they need to address both their RT spot and the possible departure of Chris Snee after the 2013 season. Brian Winters has played mostly LT, but projects as a RT or OG and is considered one of the true five position offensive linemen in the draft. There are stength concerns with Winters (9 reps at the Combine before a pec strain stopped his lifting and no lifting at his pro day). The OL depth in the draft drops off sharply after Winters so this is where we improve. Alt Pick: Ryan Swope (WR)

4) Blidi Wreh-Wilson (CB) - Does Wilson fall to the fourth round? Most likely not. A bit raw but athletically gifted and the kind of size the Giants like at the corner spot. Breaks well on the ball which makes him a really good candidate as a zone corner. Struggles in man coverage a bit and is though of as more of a project than starting potential which may have him slip a bit. He also has a little injury history from 2011 which I believe he's proven he's past but again, may make him slip just a tad. If that scenario plays out and he's available in the fourth for us, I think we pounce on him. Alt Pick: JJ Wilcox (S)

5) Nick Kasa (TE) - Wait ... we just signed Brandon Myers and have Pascoe and Robinson, why are we drafting a TE?! Bear Pascoe has proven a reliable lunch-pail type of player but his longevity as a Giant is nearing an end. Eventually the Giants are going to want to get younger here and find a player with a bit more upside than Pascoe. Nick Kasa translates as the exact type of lowkey TE the Giants love to develop (even going so far as being compared to Kevin Boss). Alt Picks: Marcus Lattimore (RB) / Bennie Logan (DT)

6) Denard Robinson (WR) - Converted QB with blazing speed. In the era of tricked up offenses, I can see the Giants taking a late round flyer on a joker type player. Think Antwan Randel-El. Alt Picks: Dewayne Cherrington (DT) / Jonathan Stewart (LB) / Rontez Miles (S)

7) Miguel Maysonet (RB) - Late round prospect to push Darell Scott in camp. Offers so-so straight line speed but flashes explosive power and acceleration for his size (think Bradshaw). Already been invited to the Giants' April 10th locals workout. Alt Pick: Gilbert Pena (DT) / Steve Beauharnais (LB)

7) Patrick Omameh (OG) - Michigan OG that's already been worked out by the Giants. Alt Pick: Nick Williams (WR) / Vinston Painter (OT) Its a very solid mock my friend.. I woulden't mind if it went down like this.. I'm pretty sure rumours are Maysonet is possilby a 3rd or 4th rd pick now, and Wreh Wilsons size/speed combonation will ensure him of top 3rds probably, but i love the value and most of the players, like Greene, Kasa, Maysonet, Wreh Wilson..etc

Kruunch
04-08-2013, 12:16 PM
Its a very solid mock my friend.. I woulden't mind if it went down like this.. I'm pretty sure rumours are Maysonet is possilby a 3rd or 4th rd pick now, and Wreh Wilsons size/speed combonation will ensure him of top 3rds probably, but i love the value and most of the players, like Greene, Kasa, Maysonet, Wreh Wilson..etc

Really, you think Maysonet goes in the 3rd or 4th? I guess if a team is desperate for a RB but didn't think he was that highly rated (he's listed as a UDFA in a lot of projections I've seen).

Yeah I highly doubt Wilson lasts that long ... I can only hope that with all of the CBs getting gobbled up in FA that there might be a glut of a market thus lowering his value (this draft is deep in CBs). That and it was his original draft grade and a lot of teams might have him locked in at that still.

Wishful thinking I know.

nycsportzfan
04-08-2013, 01:59 PM
Really, you think Maysonet goes in the 3rd or 4th? I guess if a team is desperate for a RB but didn't think he was that highly rated (he's listed as a UDFA in a lot of projections I've seen).

Yeah I highly doubt Wilson lasts that long ... I can only hope that with all of the CBs getting gobbled up in FA that there might be a glut of a market thus lowering his value (this draft is deep in CBs). That and it was his original draft grade and a lot of teams might have him locked in at that still.

Wishful thinking I know. According to numerous reports, teams are really falling for Maysonet, and Mel Kiper said he expects him off teh board in the 3rd 4th range... Hes impressing in visits i guess... Theres gonna be a ton of people by the way that go much higher then there ranking suggests, and its why i stick with my personal rankings as much as i can, and try(key word try) not to let others sway my opinion, because to be honest, mostly all of us, including anyone not in the NFL war rooms themselves are wrong as far as where and when these guys go...

Kruunch
04-08-2013, 02:09 PM
According to numerous reports, teams are really falling for Maysonet, and Mel Kiper said he expects him off teh board in the 3rd 4th range... Hes impressing in visits i guess... Theres gonna be a ton of people by the way that go much higher then there ranking suggests, and its why i stick with my personal rankings as much as i can, and try(key word try) not to let others sway my opinion, because to be honest, mostly all of us, including anyone not in the NFL war rooms themselves are wrong as far as where and when these guys go...

It's all opinion at the end of the day :D

GiantPride13
04-08-2013, 02:57 PM

7) Patrick Omameh (OG) - Michigan OG that's already been worked out by the Giants. Alt Pick: Nick Williams (WR) / Vinston Painter (OT)

love the mock. would be extremely satisfied if they went in this direction. the only think i would change is gowith your alternate picks in the 2nd and 4th.

i like amerson and think that greene is extremely overvalued in the 2nd. and with a CB in the second id rather see wilcox in the 4th.

Kruunch
04-08-2013, 03:29 PM
love the mock. would be extremely satisfied if they went in this direction. the only think i would change is gowith your alternate picks in the 2nd and 4th.

i like amerson and think that greene is extremely overvalued in the 2nd. and with a CB in the second id rather see wilcox in the 4th.

Why overvalued? My only concern with Greene is that he can't play another position past the WILL.

Otherwise, yeah I wouldn't mind going in that direction (except for the fact that our LBing woes will continue).

Sovereign
04-09-2013, 12:17 AM
I don't want Moore but he's a good worst case scenario pick. Other than that I'd rather take Wilson in the 2nd where he'll actually go but not bad.

Kruunch
04-09-2013, 08:51 AM
I don't want Moore but he's a good worst case scenario pick. Other than that I'd rather take Wilson in the 2nd where he'll actually go but not bad.

I kinda agree about Moore (I'd rather have Okafor personally) but I could see Moore's speed really appealing to the Giants.

I highly HIGHLY doubt Wreh-Wilson goes in the second. This draft (and FA) is just too stacked at CB for a two year project to be selected that high (imo of course).

Having said that, I do think he goes before we pick in the 4th (I'm thinking mid to high third myself).

GiantPride13
04-09-2013, 11:45 AM
Why overvalued? My only concern with Greene is that he can't play another position past the WILL.

Otherwise, yeah I wouldn't mind going in that direction (except for the fact that our LBing woes will continue).

Hes not in the same league as the guys projected int eh first two rounds. (Brown, Minter, Ogletree, maybe even Sio)

I love Rutgers and love picking up their players but he isnt as physical or versatile as the other guys. Like you said he is only a WILL. He isnt a big hitter and saw him miss alot of tackles. Also although i love/ed the big east its not he same competition level of Brown/Minter/Ogletree and they look better in film and in the combine. I project him no earlier than the 3rd.

As far as our loathsome LB Issues. Its JWills time to step up and i think he becomes a star this year. Conner is a younger chase Blackburn with better athletics and tacking ability although i wouldnt mind a veteran like urlacher in there to rotate with him / lead the defense. As long as Rivers stays healthy hes a valuable player but there is such a huge ? about him staying healthy.

Kruunch
04-09-2013, 12:29 PM
Hes not in the same league as the guys projected int eh first two rounds. (Brown, Minter, Ogletree, maybe even Sio)

I love Rutgers and love picking up their players but he isnt as physical or versatile as the other guys. Like you said he is only a WILL. He isnt a big hitter and saw him miss alot of tackles. Also although i love/ed the big east its not he same competition level of Brown/Minter/Ogletree and they look better in film and in the combine. I project him no earlier than the 3rd.

As far as our loathsome LB Issues. Its JWills time to step up and i think he becomes a star this year. Conner is a younger chase Blackburn with better athletics and tacking ability although i wouldnt mind a veteran like urlacher in there to rotate with him / lead the defense. As long as Rivers stays healthy hes a valuable player but there is such a huge ? about him staying healthy.

I don't disagree with your general summary but I strongly disagree about him not being in the "same league" as the others that were mentioned. I have my preferences but Greene is definitely in the same tier in my mind.

I would love to get Brown in the second but his stock has sky rocketed since the end of the season.

I'm not a Minter fan (I don't want a LBer who is a liability in coverage ... period) and I think the only difference between Ogletree and Greene is about two inches of height (and strength of opponents). They're basically the same player (both positives and negatives).

Sio Moore is kind of the joker. I consider Greene more of a play maker than Moore but I think Moore has a better chance to transition to an MLB or SAM at some point. So pick your poison there.

I'm hopeful we get some decent play out of Connor but I'm not holding my breath (he has yet to prove he's actually a full time starter). Same with Keith Rivers staying healthy.

BlessedinBlue22
04-09-2013, 12:34 PM
I don't believe we have to be that desperate to select a DE in the first. Ogletree MLB would appear to be the more "need" pick. Moore to me is the DE i believe is most likely to be a bust in the NFL. Ran a 4.95 supposedly too, ugk. If it's not werner, ansah or okafor then we go pass, and most likely ogletree, we were at his Pro Day, so he's probably in strong consideration. Brian Winters also under performed at the combine, i believe something like only 9 reps on the bench? Your best pick is Greene and he's not really a MLB. Wilson will most likely be gone by the fourth too. I think we go backwards with this draft lol.

Kruunch
04-09-2013, 12:39 PM
I don't believe we have to be that desperate to select a DE in the first. Ogletree MLB would appear to be the more "need" pick. Moore to me is the DE i believe is most likely to be a bust in the NFL. Ran a 4.95 supposedly too, ugk. If it's not werner, ansah or okafor then we go pass, and most likely ogletree, we were at his Pro Day, so he's probably in strong consideration. Brian Winters also under performed at the combine, i believe something like only 9 reps on the bench? Wilson will most likely be gone by the fourth too. I think we go backwards with this draft lol.

Wait ... going for a DE in the first is "desperate" but getting Ogletree in the first isn't (not to mention the unlikelihood of us drafting a LBer in the first)?

Not to mention that Ogletree is a one trick pony... he'd be a turnstile as an MLB or SAM and we have tons of WILLs so why would we draft him? Especially when we get the exact same player a round later in Greene (a guy we've worked out I might add).

And did you really just hold up a 40 time for a DE? Seriously?! If he's running 40 yards, it's a loss ... no matter how fast he is.

Regarding Winters ... he stopped his bench at the Combine because of a pec strain ... not because he couldn't lift more than that (which I believe I addressed). He's considered a very strong OT/OG prospect (strength wise) ... just hasn't had a chance to prove it on the official stage (good for us if he drops due to that).

I agree about Wilson ... wishful thinking :D

TCHOF
04-09-2013, 12:57 PM
I don't believe we have to be that desperate to select a DE in the first. Ogletree MLB would appear to be the more "need" pick. Moore to me is the DE i believe is most likely to be a bust in the NFL. Ran a 4.95 supposedly too, ugk. If it's not werner, ansah or okafor then we go pass, and most likely ogletree, we were at his Pro Day, so he's probably in strong consideration. Brian Winters also under performed at the combine, i believe something like only 9 reps on the bench? Your best pick is Greene and he's not really a MLB. Wilson will most likely be gone by the fourth too. I think we go backwards with this draft lol.

We ARE desperate at DE.

BlessedinBlue22
04-09-2013, 01:21 PM
We ARE desperate at DE.

Still have Tuck, Kiwi, JPP, Tracy and Ojomo. I Rather Okafor over Moore, Okafor can play run and pass rush. I believe we can find a DE in the later rounds like a Quanterus Smith or Devin Taylor. It's not the end of the world if we don't draft a DE in the first

Kruunch
04-09-2013, 02:02 PM
Still have Tuck, Kiwi, JPP, Tracy and Ojomo. I Rather Okafor over Moore, Okafor can play run and pass rush. I believe we can find a DE in the later rounds like a Quanterus Smith or Devin Taylor. It's not the end of the world if we don't draft a DE in the first

With regards to our DE situation ... Kiwi is situational and Tracy has barely cracked the rotation. Ojomo hasn't even dressed for a game.

Considering the priority of the position over how we've historically treated the LBer position (especially the MIKE backer) I definitely we go for DE in the first over LBer. But yeah nothing is the end of the world, except the end of the world.

With regards to Okafor vs. Moore I agree with you ... I prefer Okafor as well. I just see the Giants going for the guy who is being touted as the faster edge rusher.

We'll see how it plays out.

GiantPride13
04-09-2013, 02:58 PM
With regards to our DE situation ... Kiwi is situational and Tracy has barely cracked the rotation. Ojomo hasn't even dressed for a game.

Considering the priority of the position over how we've historically treated the LBer position (especially the MIKE backer) I definitely we go for DE in the first over LBer. But yeah nothing is the end of the world, except the end of the world.

With regards to Okafor vs. Moore I agree with you ... I prefer Okafor as well. I just see the Giants going for the guy who is being touted as the faster edge rusher.

We'll see how it plays out.

While i agree with you that we cant be to reliant on him bc hes so inexperienced in the NFL, and i think a 1st round DE is the way the GMen go this year, they could have Ojomo on the CRUZ timeline. Looked great in Preseason then sat out a year (injury) and then take the NFL by storm. They could be utilizing the same type of surprise moe with him. He was a beast in the preseason, take it for what you will.

I also do not think we go LB in the 1st, Reese build through DL and DBs over LB. LB ahs always been a secondary concern of his, and its worked so i trust him.

I agree with both of you of Okafor more than Moore as well. it has baffled me how okafor fell from a mid first round to a 2nd rounder on so many boards without doing anything wrong. He hasn't under-performed, haven't heard anything bad about his interviews, has great tape and measurable but for some reason he has slipped. I feel like other DEs slipping has somehow pushed him down, which it shouldnt

GiantPride13
04-09-2013, 02:59 PM
With regards to our DE situation ... Kiwi is situational and Tracy has barely cracked the rotation. <font size="5">Ojomo hasn't even dressed for a game.</font><br>
<br>
Considering the priority of the position over how we've historically treated the LBer position (especially the MIKE backer) I definitely we go for DE in the first over LBer. But yeah nothing is the end of the world, except the end of the world.<br>
<br>
With regards to Okafor vs. Moore I agree with you ... I prefer Okafor as well. I just see the Giants going for the guy who is being touted as the faster edge rusher.<br>
<br>
We'll see how it plays out.<br><br>While i agree with you that we cant be to reliant on him bc hes so inexperienced in&nbsp;the&nbsp;NFL, and i think a 1st round DE is the way the GMen go this year, they could have Ojomo on the CRUZ timeline. Looked great in Preseason then sat out a year (injury) and then take the NFL by storm. They could be&nbsp;utilizing&nbsp;the same type of&nbsp;surprise&nbsp;move with him. He was a beast in the preseason, take it for what you will.<br><br>I also do not think we go LB in the 1st, Reese build through DL and DBs over LB. LB ahs always been a secondary concern of his, and its worked so i trust him.&nbsp;<br><br>I agree with both of you of Okafor more than Moore as well. it has baffled me how okafor fell from a mid first round to a 2nd rounder on so many boards without doing anything wrong. He hasn't&nbsp;under-performed,&nbsp;haven't&nbsp;heard anything bad about his interviews, has great tape and&nbsp;measurable&nbsp;but for some reason he has slipped. I feel like other DEs slipping has somehow pushed him down, which it shouldnt<br><br><br>

Kruunch
04-09-2013, 03:37 PM
I agree with both of you of Okafor more than Moore as well. it has baffled me how okafor fell from a mid first round to a 2nd rounder on so many boards without doing anything wrong. He hasn't under-performed, haven't heard anything bad about his interviews, has great tape and measurable but for some reason he has slipped. I feel like other DEs slipping has somehow pushed him down, which it shouldnt

Didn't workout at the Combine and had a mediocre Pro Day.

And he's now being projected as a mid to late second rounder (at least on CBS). Being able to grab Okafor in the second round would be amazing.

I think a lot of people are sleeping on him (but I've been known to be wrong about college players before ... *cough* Burfict)

TAILGATIN'
04-09-2013, 05:07 PM

All the cr@p you gave me for wanting ogle in the 1st and now u have Greene in the 2nd? I realize its not the JR mentality to take a LBer in the first few rounds, but I hope that mindset goes down the toilet this year. Obviously u feel a little of the same way i do. Nice mock btw.

Kruunch
04-10-2013, 09:07 AM
All the cr@p you gave me for wanting ogle in the 1st and now u have Greene in the 2nd? I realize its not the JR mentality to take a LBer in the first few rounds, but I hope that mindset goes down the toilet this year. Obviously u feel a little of the same way i do. Nice mock btw.

I never gave you **** for picking Ogletree in the first ... I may have disagreed with you but I don't think it's a garbage pick and early on Ogletree was one of my first round choices as well (albeit the 4th choice).

I think you're misunderstanding my mock. This mock isn't about what *I* want. It's about what I think the Giants want.

And the Giants already worked out Khaseem Greene. This tells me that they're looking for ...

1) A LBer early (picks 1-3).
2) Speed over power

I believe that Brown, Greene and Sio Moore are on their radars. I'd love Brown ... I'd be ok with either Greene or Moore but I think those guys don't improve us enough over what we currently have compared to Brown who can play all three LBer spots.

I do feel the same way you (and many Giants fans feel) in that we need to desperately raise our level of LBer play.

However I don't think the Giants go with a LBer in the first ... I just don't see one that I think excites them that much.

GiantPride13
04-10-2013, 12:04 PM
Didn't workout at the Combine and had a mediocre Pro Day.

And he's now being projected as a mid to late second rounder (at least on CBS). Being able to grab Okafor in the second round would be amazing.

I think a lot of people are sleeping on him (but I've been known to be wrong about college players before ... *cough* Burfict)

Ah ic never saw Texas Pro Day Results.

Kruunch
04-11-2013, 09:18 AM
Ah ic never saw Texas Pro Day Results.

Okafor doesn't have quite the explosion that Tuck had earlier in his career but I see him as being more consistent than Tuck.

The two speed rushers I've seen of note in this draft (who are specifically 4-3 DEs) are Tank Carradine and Damontre Moore. Carradine has the ACL issue and Moore just doesn't impress me as a speed rusher but I could see the appeal for the Giants.

TCHOF
04-11-2013, 11:15 AM

Tuck is shot, and Tracey and Ojomo have shown nothing to indicate that they can be consistent and productive NFL starters. This is a very thin DE corps for a team whose entire defense depends on the pass rush.

GiantPride13
04-11-2013, 12:27 PM
Okafor doesn't have quite the explosion that Tuck had earlier in his career but I see him as being more consistent than Tuck.

The two speed rushers I've seen of note in this draft (who are specifically 4-3 DEs) are Tank Carradine and Damontre Moore. Carradine has the ACL issue and Moore just doesn't impress me as a speed rusher but I could see the appeal for the Giants.

Not the biggest Moore fan but he was a top 5 pick before the combine so there is something there. I see him more of a 3-4 OLB than a 4-3 DE. Im sick of those tweener guys, not the giants Fit (KIWI being the exception)

Love Tank but not in the 1st. His ACL injury is a concern but these days its not that big of a deal. In the 2nd he would be a steal. is an athletic freak and a monster off the edge. especially is he is the #3-4 DE for the GMen he would be allowed time to heal and not aggravate his knee and learn behind some great DEs

GiantPride13
04-11-2013, 12:29 PM
Tuck is shot, and Tracey and Ojomo have shown nothing to indicate that they can be consistent and productive NFL starters. This is a very thin DE corps for a team whose entire defense depends on the pass rush.

Tucks had 2 down years but this year will tell if he is done or not.

Tracy hasnt shown anything.

Ojomo has shown alot. he had a great Preseason but wasnt ready. Could be on the Cruz path. have a good preseason then sit and take the NFL by storm the next year. I think the Giants are high on him and expect him to contribute this year

Kruunch
04-11-2013, 12:32 PM
Not the biggest Moore fan but he was a top 5 pick before the combine so there is something there. I see him more of a 3-4 OLB than a 4-3 DE. Im sick of those tweener guys, not the giants Fit (KIWI being the exception)

Love Tank but not in the 1st. His ACL injury is a concern but these days its not that big of a deal. In the 2nd he would be a steal. is an athletic freak and a monster off the edge. especially is he is the #3-4 DE for the GMen he would be allowed time to heal and not aggravate his knee and learn behind some great DEs

I tend to agree ... and Damontre Moore would definitely be a small 4-3 DE at his current weight. But if that means he can motor around OTs, I'm fine with that.

Now watch the Giants draft Eifert in the first :popcorn:

GiantPride13
04-12-2013, 12:38 PM
I tend to agree ... and Damontre Moore would definitely be a small 4-3 DE at his current weight. But if that means he can motor around OTs, I'm fine with that.

Now watch the Giants draft Eifert in the first :popcorn:

HAHA hey the kids a stud just not at all what we need and defiantly to high at 19. but i appreciate the satire

Kruunch
04-12-2013, 01:00 PM
HAHA hey the kids a stud just not at all what we need and defiantly to high at 19. but i appreciate the satire

Could have said the same thing about Wilson last year.

ELI_HOF_NYG
04-12-2013, 02:42 PM
moore in the 1st would be an awful pick, would rather see rhodes, trufant, werner, etc.

Kruunch
04-12-2013, 03:00 PM
moore in the 1st would be an awful pick, would rather see rhodes, trufant, werner, etc.

I would definitely prefer Rhodes or Werner over Moore. I just doubt they're available when we pick.

Trufant I see as the CB equivalent to Moore. Doesn't excite me, but doesn't make me grit my teeth either. "Safe" pick is how I view both of them.

Kruunch
04-25-2013, 02:52 PM
Still going with these picks today :)

G-Men Surg.
04-25-2013, 03:36 PM

I'm all in. Great mock draft bro.

Kruunch
04-25-2013, 03:40 PM
I'm all in. Great mock draft bro.

Thanks!

If we grab Werner in the first and Brown in the second this would be an absolute home run.