PDA

View Full Version : Time of Possession at Dallas - How Do We Repeat It?

chasjay
12-28-2011, 11:52 AM
The Giants had possession for 34:19 against Dallas 25:41 and won by 3 points. Did Dallas score more than they should have or did we score less than we should have? I think Dallas scored more than they should and I expect our defense will hold their point total down this time.

How do we ensure taking time of possession again? When I looked this up, I was surprised that we had the ball that long back in week 14. I guess I had forgotten.

b_ELI_eve
12-28-2011, 12:21 PM
It's a simple answer, but like most things, easier said than done. Run the ball and don't drop passes

burier
12-28-2011, 12:24 PM
The Giants had possession for 34:19 against Dallas 25:41 and won by 3 points. Did Dallas score more than they should have or did we score less than we should have? I think Dallas scored more than they should and I expect our defense will hold their point total down this time.

How do we ensure taking time of possession again? When I looked this up, I was surprised that we had the ball that long back in week 14. I guess I had forgotten.

The cowboys scored too much because we couldnt cover anybody and guys were running open for TDs. If we cut that out we'll be ok.

MikeIsaGiant
12-28-2011, 01:04 PM
They scored 14 points in 2 stupid plays that must have taken up around 20 seconds. Goes to show

Ntegrase96
12-28-2011, 01:10 PM

Typically Dallas has possession of the ball slightly longer than their opponent, while the Giants typically have the ball less than half the time.

Dallas scored quickly, but I don't think they scored 'too much'.

In the 3 times Jason Garrett's offense has faced off with the Giants and Perry Fewell's defense, they have not scored less than 33 points.

G-Man67
12-28-2011, 01:12 PM
i wouldn't read too much into that ... Dallas hit some big plays and it's just human nature to be more conservative when you get the lead ... it was on us to have the ball and make the comeback

mattpl908
12-28-2011, 01:48 PM
By not turning the ball over and keeping our D off the field.

Denaliman316
12-28-2011, 04:06 PM
Run game like the old days, pound them with Jacobs and send Bradshaw later.

Short passes underneath.

Score TDs in Redzone.

JJC7301
12-28-2011, 04:55 PM
It's a simple answer, but like most things, easier said than done. Run the ball and don't drop passes</P>

+1. Yep. The run game has been better over the past few weeks, and hopefully we can keep it going. I don't know if it was because Petrus and Boothe have played more, or what. But whatever it is, keep it going.</P>