PDA

View Full Version : Mock draft with 49ers trade

DarceChoke
04-07-2013, 01:00 PM
I've said it before but predicting trades is near impossible and a huge waste of time... Now that the disclaimer has been made, I'm doing it anyway and you can skip this if you don't want to read it haha.

The 49ers have way too many draft picks and will be looking to do some maneuvering in this years draft. It may mean trading up or acquiring picks in next years draft. In this Mock I have them trading up to 19 to select either Barkevious Mingo or Jarvis Jones to make their pass rush even more deadly; whichever of them gets past the steelers. Or maybe even Vaccaro if he drops.

The 19th pick is worth 875 points. So the giants would recieve the 34th (second round 560pts), 61th (late second round 292pts), and 157 (5th round 28pts).

That would leave the 49ers with two first round picks, 2 thirds, 2 4ths and so on.

The giants selections look like this:

Round 2 (34): Arthur Brown (LB): He will be a MLB in the NFL if he can stay at 240lbs but could play any LB position and should be an immediate starter over a journeyman type Dan Connor. Amazing athlete, good at stacking and shedding, good in coverage, all around solid player.

Round 2 (49): Tank Carradine (DE): Giants get a first round prospect at the middle of the second here. Their has been a lot of hype lately about Tank going into the bottom of round 1 but I just don't see it happening with his injury. Would give us our Bookend to JPP going foward.

Round 2 (61): Larry Warford (G): with Boothe only on a 1 year deal and Chris Snee aging, offensive guard is a pretty big need. Larry Warford would be a huge upgrade and I think he could beat out Boothe in his rookie year. That would move Boothe to the backup to all the interior positions which would give us amazing depth on the interior.

Round 3 (81): Baccari Rambo (S): with Stevie Brown on a one year tender and Rolles huge contract (which could be cut next year) Saftey is a much bigger need then it is perceived to be. Rambo would have a year to develop and would provide some depth his rookie year.

Round 4 (116): Tharold Simon (CB): I'm surprised he isn't mocked higher consistently. I thought he played well for LSU after the departure of Claiborne. Great size and decent hips for a CB his size.

Round 5 (152): Oday Aboushi (OT/G): competition at RT with Brewer. Could even move to guard opposite Warford if Chris Snee retires or moves on after his contract is up.

Round 5 (157): Walter Stewart (LB/DE): would need to put on weight to be a full time 4-3 DE but at this point in the draft his value is as a developmental situational pass rusher. I think the giants coaching staff could get the most out of this kid and develop him into a solid pass rusher over time. Depends if he checks out medically because of a spinal condition he was born with but he's been playing with it all his life. Could be an absolute steal here if he does.

Round 6: Best TE, DT, KR
Round 7: Miguel Maysonet (RB): My guy out of Stony Brook. Giants have shown some interest, would be good depth.
Round 7: whoever the top Undrafted FA is that the giants want to secure.

With this many picks I could see Reese trading around in the mid rounds with some late round picks but I'm not going to predict all that.

Carter.525
04-07-2013, 02:53 PM
I like the idea, heck I like the idea of Arthur Bown at #19.. I feel much better with Tank at #49 then #19

ELI_HOF_NYG
04-07-2013, 07:30 PM
I've said it before but predicting trades is near impossible and a huge waste of time... Now that the disclaimer has been made, I'm doing it anyway and you can skip this if you don't want to read it haha.

The 49ers have way too many draft picks and will be looking to do some maneuvering in this years draft. It may mean trading up or acquiring picks in next years draft. In this Mock I have them trading up to 19 to select either Barkevious Mingo or Jarvis Jones to make their pass rush even more deadly; whichever of them gets past the steelers. Or maybe even Vaccaro if he drops.

The 19th pick is worth 875 points. So the giants would recieve the 34th (second round 560pts), 61th (late second round 292pts), and 157 (5th round 28pts).

That would leave the 49ers with two first round picks, 2 thirds, 2 4ths and so on.

The giants selections look like this:

Round 2 (34): Arthur Brown (LB): He will be a MLB in the NFL if he can stay at 240lbs but could play any LB position and should be an immediate starter over a journeyman type Dan Connor. Amazing athlete, good at stacking and shedding, good in coverage, all around solid player.

Round 2 (49): Tank Carradine (DE): Giants get a first round prospect at the middle of the second here. Their has been a lot of hype lately about Tank going into the bottom of round 1 but I just don't see it happening with his injury. Would give us our Bookend to JPP going foward.

Round 2 (61): Larry Warford (G): with Boothe only on a 1 year deal and Chris Snee aging, offensive guard is a pretty big need. Larry Warford would be a huge upgrade and I think he could beat out Boothe in his rookie year. That would move Boothe to the backup to all the interior positions which would give us amazing depth on the interior.

Round 3 (81): Baccari Rambo (S): with Stevie Brown on a one year tender and Rolles huge contract (which could be cut next year) Saftey is a much bigger need then it is perceived to be. Rambo would have a year to develop and would provide some depth his rookie year.

Round 4 (116): Tharold Simon (CB): I'm surprised he isn't mocked higher consistently. I thought he played well for LSU after the departure of Claiborne. Great size and decent hips for a CB his size.

Round 5 (152): Oday Aboushi (OT/G): competition at RT with Brewer. Could even move to guard opposite Warford if Chris Snee retires or moves on after his contract is up.

Round 5 (157): Walter Stewart (LB/DE): would need to put on weight to be a full time 4-3 DE but at this point in the draft his value is as a developmental situational pass rusher. I think the giants coaching staff could get the most out of this kid and develop him into a solid pass rusher over time. Depends if he checks out medically because of a spinal condition he was born with but he's been playing with it all his life. Could be an absolute steal here if he does.

Round 6: Best TE, DT, KR
Round 7: Miguel Maysonet (RB): My guy out of Stony Brook. Giants have shown some interest, would be good depth.
Round 7: whoever the top Undrafted FA is that the giants want to secure.

With this many picks I could see Reese trading around in the mid rounds with some late round picks but I'm not going to predict all that.

love it, nice job. my cousins went to Stony so I have a soft spot for maysonet but I think zac stacy would be the better pick if both are still on the board. I like rontez miles in the 6th or 7th as well. I would also take a flyer on lawrence okoye in the late rounds. no footbal experience but big, fast and explosive. he opened a lot of eyes at the regional combine, this kid is gonna be drafted for the freak athleticism alone. nice job once again.

gmen0820
04-07-2013, 07:44 PM
The old points system is near irrelevant, but you did make the disclaimer anyway. Not bad.

If Werner is there at 19, I'd rather stay put.

ELI_HOF_NYG
04-07-2013, 08:20 PM
The old points system is near irrelevant, but you did make the disclaimer anyway. Not bad.

If Werner is there at 19, I'd rather stay put.

not sold on werner,,would be very happy if this draft played out this way.