PDA

View Full Version : Giants Peaking at just the right time- Getting Physical

BParcells777
12-28-2011, 01:13 PM
The Jets are a pretty physical team and we manhandled them.....DESTROYED them but for a few bad Ref calls.

Romo and the Cowboys are anything but a physical team......They could get blown off the field by
halftime.

We are priming the pump at the very best moment, and Tuck who has not been himself since that fat slob from Dallas tripped him last year..........is FINALLY playing like his old self

If Osi, Ballard and Manningham come back for the playoffs, and Da'Rel Scott emerges ........KATTY BAR the DOOR!!!!

Add to this there are rumors in the press we are going to offer an ASST HC/DC job to Spagnuolo

The future has suddenly turned much much brighter.......I look forward to another ICE Bowl and re-match with New England.........do NOT want to go back to that noisy Hell hole in New Orleans :O(

UK-Giantsfan
12-28-2011, 01:15 PM
have you been drinking meths again Jack ?

like your optimism though

burier
12-28-2011, 01:16 PM
The Jets are a pretty physical team and we manhandled them.....DESTROYED them but for a few bad Ref calls.

Romo and the Cowboys are anything but a physical team......They could get blown off the field by
halftime.

We are priming the pump at the very best moment, and Tuck who has not been himself since that fat slob from Dallas tripped him last year..........is FINALLY playing like his old self

If Osi and Manningham come back for the playoffs, and ........KATTY BAR the DOOR!!!!

Add to this their are rumors in the press we are going to offer an ASST HC/DC job to Spagnuolo

The future has suddenly turned much much brighter.......I look forward to another ICE Bowl and re-match with New England

You're actually at the begining of truth here. We're whipped the Jets but can we do it two weeks in a row?

Also The Pats aren't comming out this year. Defense is too weak.

MikeIsaGiant
12-28-2011, 01:18 PM
LMAO. he's back.

Good post though, but don't get too optimistic about New England doing jack ****. Honestly, I can see them dipping 1st round.

BParcells777
12-28-2011, 01:19 PM

halftime.

If Osi and Manningham come back for the playoffs, and ........KATTY BAR the DOOR!!!!

Add to this their are rumors in the press we are going to offer an ASST HC/DC job to Spagnuolo

The future has suddenly turned much much brighter.......I look forward to another ICE Bowl and re-match with New England

You're actually at the begining of truth here. We're whipped the Jets but can we do it two weeks in a row?

Also The Pats aren't comming out this year. Defense is too weak.

New England's D is not as bad as the Stats show.....due to their high scoring offense they have to give the football back to opponents very very often.......they will be there, but will WE?

JJC7301
12-28-2011, 01:23 PM
I watching SNY and someone was saying how Fewell just kept it simple against the Jets and that's why the D didn't look so lost. I hope that he'll keep keeping it simple.</P>

The run game has beem more consistent, too. I'm worried about Ballard not being out there, but I THINK the Giants will pull this game out. If they look good doing it, then I'll have more faith in them for the playoffs. </P>

Let's worry about this game first. After all of the injuries this year and overhaul of the o-line, the playoffs will be a nice surprise.</P>

burier
12-28-2011, 01:25 PM
I watching SNY and someone was saying how Fewell just kept it simple against the Jets and that's why the D didn't look so lost.* I hope that he'll keep keeping it simple.</P>

The run game has beem more consistent, too.* I'm worried about Ballard not being out there, but I THINK the Giants will pull this game out.* If they look good doing it, then I'll have more faith in them for the playoffs.* </P>

Let's worry about this game first.* After all of the injuries this year and overhaul of the o-line, the playoffs will be a nice surprise.</P>

Whats funny is it took the defensive mastermind 16 weeks to figure out that he needed to simplify the defense.

mattpl908
12-28-2011, 01:34 PM
Lets hope the momentum gets carried to the most important game of the season and we don't come out flat as ****. It'd be a huge plus if we get more of our weapons back as well. Dallas is in the same position as us so they know what they have to do. I'm hoping romos hand isn't 100% that would be a HUGE factor as well. If the D shows up like they did last week it'd make a lot of things easier. And finally lets hope the fans show up and go crazy. Manning has to also step up for this one.

Go big blue !

JJC7301
12-28-2011, 02:25 PM
I watching SNY and someone was saying how Fewell just kept it simple against the Jets and that's why the D didn't look so lost. I hope that he'll keep keeping it simple.</P>

The run game has beem more consistent, too. I'm worried about Ballard not being out there, but I THINK the Giants will pull this game out. If they look good doing it, then I'll have more faith in them for the playoffs. </P>

Let's worry about this game first. After all of the injuries this year and overhaul of the o-line, the playoffs will be a nice surprise.</P>

Whats funny is it took the defensive mastermind 16 weeks to figure out that he needed to simplify the defense.</P>

Agreed.</P>

Buckeroo
12-28-2011, 02:35 PM

halftime.

If Osi, Ballard and Manningham come back for the playoffs, and Da'Rel Scott emerges ........KATTY BAR the DOOR!!!!

Add to this there are rumors in the press we are going to offer an ASST HC/DC job to Spagnuolo

The future has suddenly turned much much brighter.......I look forward to another ICE Bowl and re-match with New England.........do NOT want to go back to that noisy Hell hole in New Orleans :O(
</P>

Good win vs the Jets but they are a mediocre team just like the Giants. </P>

Peaking?? Have you seen the passing game the last two weeks??</P>

Osi.....has BS written all over him. He was waiting until the Giants had a shot at the playoffs before he would get back to practice. If he comes back he should be the back up. </P>

Scott emerge??....what before this coming Sunday??/</P>

Lots of "ifs" there but I like the positive twist you put on things...</P>

</P>

Carnage929
12-28-2011, 02:37 PM
and Tuck who has not been himself since that fat slob from Dallas tripped him last year..........is FINALLY playing like his old :O(

I believe that was two years ago. Flozell was on the Steelers last year.

BParcells777
12-28-2011, 02:48 PM

halftime.

</p>

Good win vs the Jets but they are a mediocre team just like the Giants. </p>

Peaking?? Have you seen the passing game the last two weeks??</p>

Osi.....has BS written all over him. He was waiting until the Giants had a shot at the playoffs before he would get back to practice. If he comes back he should be the back up. </p>

Scott emerge??....what before this coming Sunday??/</p>

Lots of "ifs" there but I like the positive twist you put on things...</p>

</p>

</p>

The Jets are mediocre but Physical.....that was my point

There was no need to air it out this past week........it was good we worked the running game
I'm still optimistic Scott will get the rock and emerge in the post season.....but its a minor issue

We are peaking I feel it.....yes Eli dragged us to 7-7 but NOW the physicality of the rest of the team is emerging........at long last and in the nick of time

I was posting on Sportswrath this pre-season I thought Cruz had Pro Bowl potential......everyone thought me crazy.....I have a good feeling about this kid Scott too

Buckeroo
12-28-2011, 02:51 PM

halftime.

</P>

Osi.....has BS written all over him. He was waiting until the Giants had a shot at the playoffs before he would get back to practice. If he comes back he should be the back up. </P>

</P>

</P>

There was no need to air it out this past week........it was good we worked the running game
I'm still optimistic Scott will get the rock and emerge in the post season.....but its a minor issue

We are peaking I feel it.....yes Eli dragged us to 7-7 but NOW the physicality of the rest of the team is emerging........at long last and in the nick of time

I was posting on Sportswrath this pre-season I thought Cruz had Pro Bowl potential......everyone thought me crazy.....I have a good feeling about this kid Scott too

</P>

would love to see Scott make a move as well. </P>

They didnt air it out vs the Jets becuase Eli and his crew were only 9 for 27. </P>

They need to get back to the passing game that was there before the Skins game...</P>

</P>

JimC
12-28-2011, 02:52 PM
I watching SNY and someone was saying how Fewell just kept it simple against the Jets and that's why the D didn't look so lost. I hope that he'll keep keeping it simple.</p>

The run game has beem more consistent, too. I'm worried about Ballard not being out there, but I THINK the Giants will pull this game out. If they look good doing it, then I'll have more faith in them for the playoffs. </p>

Let's worry about this game first. After all of the injuries this year and overhaul of the o-line, the playoffs will be a nice surprise.</p>

Whats funny is it took the defensive mastermind 16 weeks to figure out that he needed to simplify the defense.

It probably took him that long to figure out the players didn't have the aptitude to pick up the scheme after 16 weeks of trying.

BParcells777
12-28-2011, 03:00 PM

halftime.

</p>

Good win vs the Jets but they are a mediocre team just like the Giants. </p>

Peaking?? Have you seen the passing game the last two weeks??</p>

Osi.....has BS written all over him. He was waiting until the Giants had a shot at the playoffs before he would get back to practice. If he comes back he should be the back up. </p>

Scott emerge??....what before this coming Sunday??/</p>

Lots of "ifs" there but I like the positive twist you put on things...</p>

</p>

</p>

</p>

would love to see Scott make a move as well. </p>

They didnt air it out vs the Jets becuase Eli and his crew were only 9 for 27. </p>

They need to get back to the passing game that was there before the Skins game...</p>

</p>

I'm not concerned....the Jets are good pass defenders, Eli had an off game, everyone is entitled, there were a lot of tipped balls and drops

We passed supremely well all season.....you think all of a sudden that dis-appears??........think again

Buckeroo
12-28-2011, 03:11 PM

halftime.

</P>

</P>

</P>

</P>

They didnt air it out vs the Jets becuase Eli and his crew were only 9 for 27. </P>

They need to get back to the passing game that was there before the Skins game...</P>

</P>

I'm not concerned....the Jets are good pass defenders, Eli had an off game, everyone is entitled, there were a lot of tipped balls and drops

We passed supremely well all season.....you think all of a sudden that dis-appears??........think again
</P>

No I dont think it dissappears all of a sudden. I want it back. Its been gone for two weeks.</P>

If they make it three weeks in a row with a poor passing attack then we'll all betalking about next year. Eli and his crew have to get back on track. Its as simple as that. </P>

</P>

BParcells777
12-28-2011, 03:27 PM
I would not say its been gone for 3 weeks

2 maybe

The team has been concentrating on the running game and that was a priority if you want to make a playoff run

they always knew they just had to win either Wash or Jets and then beat Dallas to get in....so they had some room to play around a bit.....the end result is we are now running with authority

On the D side we were getting torched because of the lack of pressure....pressure has returned in spades (thus all the interceptions)

We are perfectly positioned now to make a deep deep deep run into the playoffs.......God willing we will bring home another Silver Chalice ...........rough up GB in their house and move on to Indianapolis.........kind of poetic justice Eli collects another MVP in his brothers house while his brother is broken.

I'm sure Archie and his wife will find their way easily to their suite in the Lucas Oil Stadium........and their will be lots of smiling on the private Jet home to New Orleans.

Buckeroo
12-28-2011, 03:38 PM

2 maybe

The team has been concentrating on the running game and that was a priority if you want to make a playoff run

they always knew they just had to win either Wash or Jets and then beat Dallas to get in....so they had some room to play around a bit.....the end result is we are now running with authority

On the D side we were getting torched because of the lack of pressure....pressure has returned in spades (thus all the interceptions)

We are perfectly positioned now to make a deep deep deep run into the playoffs.......God willing we will bring home another Silver Chalice ...........rough up GB in their house and move on to Indianapolis.........kind of poetic justice Eli collects another MVP in his brothers house while his brother is broken.

I'm sure Archie and his wife will find their way easily to their suite in the Lucas Oil Stadium........and their will be lots of smiling on the private Jet home to New Orleans.

</P>

3weeks in a row IF they suck with the passing game vs Dallas. They didnt lose to the Skins on purpose because they knew they could beat the Jets. They played like crap vs the Skins and let Grossman walk all over them. Although vs the Skins the Giants O lost that game. </P>

A couple of games of over 100 yards is not running with authority. They are running pretty good right now however. </P>

How are they in perfect position to make a deep deep run in the playoffs?? They arent even IN the playoffs yet and the defense has had 1 really good game so far?? Also why would Eli need "poetic justice" towards his brotherPeyton. That is a ridiculous statment. You have Eli collecting another SB MVP and the Giants arent even in the playoffs yet!! Calm down there skippy....</P>

Lets see if they beat Dallas first. </P>

Bigbluereckingcrew
12-28-2011, 03:43 PM
I watching SNY and someone was saying how Fewell just kept it simple against the Jets and that's why the D didn't look so lost.* I hope that he'll keep keeping it simple.</P>

The run game has beem more consistent, too.* I'm worried about Ballard not being out there, but I THINK the Giants will pull this game out.* If they look good doing it, then I'll have more faith in them for the playoffs.* </P>

Let's worry about this game first.* After all of the injuries this year and overhaul of the o-line, the playoffs will be a nice surprise.</P>

1++++

BParcells777
12-28-2011, 03:47 PM

2 maybe

</p>

3weeks in a row IF they suck with the passing game vs Dallas. They didnt lose to the Skins on purpose because they knew they could beat the Jets. They played like crap vs the Skins and let Grossman walk all over them. Although vs the Skins the Giants O lost that game. </p>

A couple of games of over 100 yards is not running with authority. They are running pretty good right now however. </p>

How are they in perfect position to make a deep deep run in the playoffs?? They arent even IN the playoffs yet and the defense has had 1 really good game so far?? Also why would Eli need "poetic justice" towards his brotherPeyton. That is a ridiculous statment. You have Eli collecting another SB MVP and the Giants arent even in the playoffs yet!! Calm down there skippy....</p>

Lets see if they beat Dallas first. </p>

I've got a little Nostradamus in me.......ignore me......then after the Giants win t he SB and Eli is MVP you can come back and pay homage

lgwgiantlov
12-28-2011, 03:56 PM
Let's not forget that our boys in blue have done
great things against Dallas in Dallas but have lost at home in the Meadowlands. We need to all keep positive thoughts sent to Eli, Hakeem,
Brandon, Victor, Ahmad, et al. They know and we their devoted and loyal fans know this win is crucial!
Romo's hand is an issue, this is true, but keep in mind, this guy played with a concussion and fractured ribs!

JJC7301
12-28-2011, 04:02 PM

halftime.

</P>

</P>

</P>

</P>

</P>

</P>

No I dont think it dissappears all of a sudden. I want it back. Its been gone for two weeks.</P>

If they make it three weeks in a row with a poor passing attack then we'll all betalking about next year. Eli and his crew have to get back on track. Its as simple as that. </P>

</P>

</P>

What scares me is that Eli does not have a good record at home (in the weather) in December, as far asI remember. I wish that this game were in Dallas.</P>

lgwgiantlov
12-28-2011, 04:21 PM
Manningham would be most welcome back.
but truthfully, hasn't been that effective all season

JJC7301
12-28-2011, 04:49 PM
Manningham would be most welcome back. but truthfully, hasn't been that effective all season</P>

Well, he's been injured plus (on the positive side) Cruz came along.</P>

Even before Cruz I was never comfortable with MM being our # 2 -- too many drops. That's why I wanted either SS or Plax to be resigned for 1 year to hold the fort. But we have Cruz, so no worries.</P>

NYSPORTS
12-28-2011, 05:46 PM
have you been drinking meths again Jack ?

like your optimism though

He's a strange one.

Buckeroo
12-28-2011, 06:43 PM

2 maybe

</P>

3weeks in a row IF they suck with the passing game vs Dallas. They didnt lose to the Skins on purpose because they knew they could beat the Jets. They played like crap vs the Skins and let Grossman walk all over them. Although vs the Skins the Giants O lost that game. </P>

A couple of games of over 100 yards is not running with authority. They are running pretty good right now however. </P>

How are they in perfect position to make a deep deep run in the playoffs?? They arent even IN the playoffs yet and the defense has had 1 really good game so far?? Also why would Eli need "poetic justice" towards his brotherPeyton. That is a ridiculous statment. You have Eli collecting another SB MVP and the Giants arent even in the playoffs yet!! Calm down there skippy....</P>

Lets see if they beat Dallas first. </P>

I've got a little Nostradamus in me.......ignore me......then after the Giants win t he SB and Eli is MVP you can come back and pay homage
</P>

I would never pay homage to a ridiculous poster such as you........</P>

maybe come up with something constructive like how they can beat Dallas at home where they have been lame all season.</P>

Impress me with that Nostradumbo</P>

BParcells777
12-28-2011, 08:26 PM
think if you read the title of this post you have all the information you need

we just need to be more physical than them.......and all else will fall into place

I'm not worried

Tommy_Ribs
12-28-2011, 09:05 PM

halftime.

Jack - it is going to take more than a good win against a crummy JETs team for me to feel that the GIANTs are peaking.

Our Pass defense is downright awful and a great QB (Which is all we'll face from here on out) still can light us up.

But I hope you are right. I hope we can beat Dallas, and then let the chips fall where they may.

Tommy_Ribs
12-28-2011, 09:05 PM

halftime.

Jack - it is going to take more than a good win against a crummy JETs team for me to feel that the GIANTs are peaking.

Our Pass defense is downright awful and a great QB (Which is all we'll face from here on out) still can light us up.

But I hope you are right. I hope we can beat Dallas, and then let the chips fall where they may.

Buckeroo
12-28-2011, 09:15 PM

we just need to be more physical than them.......and all else will fall into place

I'm not worried
</P>

According to your title you think they are peaking...</P>

many posters think they are not. </P>

scf424
12-28-2011, 09:18 PM
Good thing is, Jacobs and Bradshaw have been playing PISSED the past couple of weeks, especially Jacobs.

The big guy seems to have a special place in his heart for Dallas.

Not a better week to dominate on the ground (or at least commit to establish a running game) and open up the play action for Eli.

bleedinblue27
12-28-2011, 09:29 PM
Peaking?? really?? lets just hope they win one more game!!! JUST WIN BABY!!

BParcells777
12-29-2011, 08:47 AM

I'm not worried
</p>

According to your title you think they are peaking...</p>

many posters think they are not. </p>

I saw a physicality in the win over the Jets I have not seen since the days of the Krakken........even then we did not have a punishing ground game

All the pieces are falling into place (xcept Ballard unfortunately- someone will have to step up and take his place).......we are peaking at exactly the right moment

Tommy- The missing part was not the DBs......it was the lack of pressure.......the pressure is back in SPADES

barran21
12-29-2011, 08:53 AM
Peaking? lol......winning a few games in a row would be peaking the Giants are inconsistent team...

GameTime
12-29-2011, 08:55 AM

I'm not worried
</P>

According to your title you think they are peaking...</P>

many posters think they are not. </P>

I saw a physicality in the win over the Jets I have not seen since the days of the Krakken........even then we did not have a punishing ground game

All the pieces are falling into place (xcept Ballard unfortunately- someone will have to step up and take his place).......we are peaking at exactly the right moment

Tommy- The missing part was not the DBs......it was the lack of pressure.......the pressure is back in SPADES
</P>

agree that they are or were more physical last week but top say they are peaking is a stretch. The offense is certainly NOT peaking at all. Especially the pass game. 1 passing TD and 4 picks in the last3 games = not peaking. Nicks has a hamstring, Ballard hasa knee, Manningham has a knee, Barden is invisible, Beckum is bull****, Cruz on fire, Thomas is invisible. They suck at the screen play and the Hynoski has yet to really be a reliable dump off. With all that said I like them to beat the Cowboys but to say they are peaking as a teamis silly at this point....</P>

BParcells777
12-29-2011, 09:39 AM
there were a lot of dropped passes (not something that will continue).....Eli was a bit off

You still have Cruz and Nicks out there, and Ballard may play with a brace.....shixx he is so slow it wont matter....its his brain size ans soft hands that gets him to open spots/completions not his feet

besides.........if we keep running like this Coughlin could get open Dallas will be so fixated on run stop.

GMENAGAIN
12-29-2011, 10:35 AM
We have not had a single blowout win this year, and I don't expect this week to be any different. It will be anyone's game in the 4th quarter.

The only place where we don't at least have a puncher's chance to win is in NO - we have zero chance of beating NO at home

GameTime
12-29-2011, 10:39 AM
there were a lot of dropped passes (not something that will continue).....Eli was a bit off

You still have Cruz and Nicks out there, and Ballard may play with a brace.....shixx he is so slow it wont matter....its his brain size ans soft hands that gets him to open spots/completions not his feet

besides.........if we keep running like this Coughlin could get open Dallas will be so fixated on run stop.
</P>

the Giants D didnt stop Felix Jones last time and they ceratinly did nothing to stop the passing game. One "good" game vs the Jets who are a far cry from the Cowboys in both passing and running doesnt convince me of anything. Why would Dallas be fixed on the 32nd ranked running game??? </P>

Your optomism is great but your perspective is skewed. Wh</P>