PDA

View Full Version : 2012 Mock... Rounds 1-5

Shockeyitus
12-28-2011, 02:47 PM
Round 1 - Vontez Burfict, ILB - Arizona State.... Ray Lewis Junior!! This guy is an absolute freight train running straight for the ball carriers. Kuechly would be a better fit for our team, but he will be way gone by the 20's. I feel teams are nervous that Burfict may be a bit of a "wild card", but if he falls to us in the 20's it is a cant pass.</P>

Round 2 - DJ Fluker, RT - Alabama..... MASSIVE!!! K-Mac is getting old, but lets not forget the amazing career he has put together. Fluker is a beast at RT and was a major reason Trent Richardson was able to get loose. I give Beatty one more season to prove that he can handle the job at LT. </P>

Round3 - Tyler Eifert, TE - Notre Dame..... TE is a major issue with the Giants. Dwayne Allen would be a great talent to our offense, but I doubt he will fall to us in the third. With that said Eifert is a guy with great size 6'6" 245. Best of all, the sky is the limit!! He sat behind Rudolph for a season and then stepped in when Rudolph got hurt. Played in a pro style offense and with his size, it would make him an instant red zone threat. </P>

Round 4 - Doug Martin, RB - Boise State..... Love this kid! A build between Ahmad Bradshaw and Ray Rice. Runs north/south and with Bradshaws in ability to stay healthy for an entire season, the Giants need someone to split the carries. Better speed than Bradshaw and is a good receiver out of the backfield. Good pick, considering that Jacobs may not be back next year.</P>

Round 5 - Olivier Vernon, DE - The U..... A lot of people dont know enough about this kid. But, in his sophemore year of 2010 he was a budding star at Miami with 40 tackles, 6 sacks while splitting time with guys like Allen Bailey, Adewale Ojomo and Marcus Robinson. In 2011, he was suspended for 6 games this year for accepting cash from Nevin Shapiro</P>

Spizi
12-28-2011, 04:55 PM
meh not a real big fan of this mock. I'm too scared of Burfict in the first

gmen0820
12-28-2011, 05:03 PM
Devon Still or Luke Kuechly, Vinny Curry, Nate Potter, Doug Martin, Matt Reynolds

Shockeyitus
12-28-2011, 10:10 PM
Devon Still or Luke Kuechly, Vinny Curry, Nate Potter, Doug Martin, Matt Reynolds</P>

Devon Still is a serious talent, but I dont see the Giants grabbing another DT high in this draft. Kuechly will be gone by the time we pick. Although, if he is there then absolutely! I feel like Curry would be a nice fit, but not in round two... bigger needs. Potter is a solid choice in round three and Doug Martin is a great pick! Reynolds not crazy about. </P>

gmen0820
12-28-2011, 10:18 PM
Devon Still or Luke Kuechly, Vinny Curry, Nate Potter, Doug Martin, Matt Reynolds</P>

Devon Still is a serious talent, but I dont see the Giants grabbing another DT high in this draft. Kuechly will be gone by the time we pick. Although, if he is there then absolutely! I feel like Curry would be a nice fit, but not in round two... bigger needs. Potter is a solid choice in round three and Doug Martin is a great pick! Reynolds not crazy about. </P>I love Still. I really think we will prioritize DT this year. I'm obsessed with Vinny Curry, I don't see him getting past the 2nd, I don't even see him making it to us in the second, I'm just being hopeful. I love Potter as well and I really like Doug Martin.

ELIistheFRANCHISE
12-29-2011, 02:13 AM
Round 1 - Vontez Burfict, ILB - Arizona State.... Ray Lewis Junior!! This guy is an absolute freight train running straight for the ball carriers. Kuechly would be a better fit for our team, but he will be way gone by the 20's. I feel teams are nervous that Burfict may be a bit of a "wild card", but if he falls to us in the 20's it is a cant pass.</P>

Round 2 - DJ Fluker, RT - Alabama..... MASSIVE!!! K-Mac is getting old, but lets not forget the amazing career he has put together. Fluker is a beast at RT and was a major reason Trent Richardson was able to get loose. I give Beatty one more season to prove that he can handle the job at LT. </P>

Round*3 - Tyler Eifert, TE - Notre Dame..... TE is a major issue with the Giants. Dwayne Allen would be a great talent to our offense, but I doubt he will fall to us in the third. With that said Eifert is a guy with great size 6'6" 245. Best of all, the sky is the limit!! He sat behind Rudolph for a season and then stepped in when Rudolph got hurt. Played in a pro style offense and with his size, it would make him an instant red zone threat. </P>

Round 4 - Doug Martin, RB - Boise State..... Love this kid! A build between Ahmad Bradshaw and Ray Rice. Runs north/south and with Bradshaws in ability to stay healthy for an entire season, the Giants need someone to split the carries. Better speed than Bradshaw and is a good receiver out of the backfield. Good pick, considering that Jacobs may not be back next year.</P>

Round 5 - Olivier Vernon, DE - The U..... A lot of people dont know enough about this kid. But, in his sophemore year of 2010 he was a budding star at Miami with 40 tackles, 6 sacks while splitting time with guys like Allen Bailey, Adewale Ojomo and Marcus Robinson. In 2011, he was suspended for 6 games this year for accepting cash from Nevin Shapiro</P>
Hey itus...
Heres my opinion
BPA BPA BPA BPA BPA! JK LOL...well not really
but heres my position on your draft order, of course, completely my own opinion...

Burfict....I, like you, would take kuechly over burfict every single time. But you are right, he will NOT be there. If DB kirkpatrick is there, from bama, that would be tough between him and burfict.

RT I disagree with bc I believe they are grooming James brewer for the rt of the future, as petrus for guard of the future. we groom OL very well.

I would do JPP backflips on spikes if Martin was there at rd 4, but his bowl game performance put a stamp on him that he will be drafted in the first 2 rds.

IMO!

myles2424
12-29-2011, 06:01 AM
1.LB-Luke kuechly
2.DT- Jerel worthy
3.WR- Jordan white
4.RB-Isaiah Pead

FA- BPA (Oline,DT,S)

Spizi
12-29-2011, 04:39 PM
1.LB-Luke kuechly
2.DT- Jerel worthy
3.WR- Jordan white
4.RB-Isaiah Pead

FA- BPA (Oline,DT,S)

Idk who white is it everything else I would love. we don't need a WR. Still got Barden and jernigan

Shockeyitus
12-30-2011, 09:14 AM
A guy that could be a fantastic pick up is Travis Benjamin from The U! Blazing speed and is an outstanding returner. 5-7 round, this would be a steal!</P>

Barden is done! Jernigan is still raw and needs a lot of coaching. </P>

TheEnigma
12-30-2011, 10:24 AM
Here's my guess for a possible Reese Draft. Of course, everything is going to get thrown out the damn window when some team overreaches for a QB lol...

1. Whitney Mercilus, DE, Illinois - JPP has served us well being able to take over the DE spot for Osi and Tuck. As much as I love Tuck and Osi, I worry about both of their futures in regards to injury and contract issues (Osi!). Needs to work on his run game but that can be fixed. Oh and he's really fast at getting to the QB.

2. Kevin Zeitler, G, Wisconsin - Both spots at G have their own issues. LG is still up for grabs next season due to Petrus and his pass blocking issues and I highly doubt Boothe will ever land an actual starting job on this team, more so because the coaching staff just doesn't want to give him one. While Snee has been a phenomenal player for us at RG, he has looked a bit old out there at times with his play seeming to decline. Zeitler might not start on day 1 but he would be quality depth on a team that has suffered O-line injuries in recent year.

3. Emmanuel Acho, LB, Texas - A solid player at the LB spot with instincts, he could either be the eventual MLB of the future or a possible option at SOLB instead, moving Kiwi back into the DE rotation like he should be at.

4. Donnie Fletcher, CB, Boston College - The future at Cornerback looks a bit shady. There's no telling how TT will look when he comes back from his injury or if he even will be with us. Prince has looked good and then bad at moments, especially with his game speed. Even then, CB depth is always good. Fletcher is 6'1, 200lbs, and from Boston College. As everyone knows, that's one of the big places the Giants go to for scouting. It just all adds up to me.

5. George Bryan, TE, N.C. State - One of the better blocking TE's in the draft, he could serve as a decent alternative to Ballard and a good 2nd. Even if Ballard does become "that" guy, I don't feel good with Pascoe and Beckum as our TE's.

6. Chris Owusu, WR, Stanford - A gamble pick here in the 6th round, Owusu has the physical tools at 6'2 and a 4.46 40 to become a productive WR but has been an underachiever this season. Perhaps coming to one of the better receiving corps in the league could help him out.

7. Marc Tyler, RB, USC - One of the bigger RB's in the draft, he was suspended for the first game of the season and was also infamous with that TMZ moment when he was drunk. The more I think about this kid, he seems like a future Jacobs who could benefit from a good OL and also has a tendency to have problems keeping his mouth shut :).

myles2424
12-30-2011, 03:42 PM
1.LB-Luke kuechly
2.DT- Jerel worthy
3.WR- Jordan white
4.RB-Isaiah Pead

FA- BPA (Oline,DT,S)

Idk who white is it everything else I would love. we don't need a WR. Still got Barden and jernigan white is a guy that's going to be getting alot of hype come draft time.....but,with nicks being inured every year & ham being inconsistent and a FA,barden hasn't shown anything to be worth a starter & jerrnigan hasn't even seen the field......another WR wouldn't be a bad idea...

deekay7685
01-01-2012, 06:51 PM
Flucker has not declared and may need a year on the bench before he can start.
Eifert will be gone by the late 2nd round so we must take him there.
I prefer Polk (r2) or Turbin (r3) over Martin if this pick is to replace Jacobs.
Vernon is not a good fit as a 4-3 de and like many U players is overrated. he deserves a lower grade.
i prefer Julian Miller- de (WVU) in the middle rounds than Vernon.

mosoundguy
01-02-2012, 02:35 AM

Round*3 - Tyler Eifert, TE - Notre Dame..... TE is a major issue with the Giants. Dwayne Allen would be a great talent to our offense, but I doubt he will fall to us in the third. With that said Eifert is a guy with great size 6'6" 245. Best of all, the sky is the limit!! He sat behind Rudolph for a season and then stepped in when Rudolph got hurt. Played in a pro style offense and with his size, it would make him an instant red zone threat. </P>

Fluker is a Sophomore and not elligable for the draft this year.

Redeyejedi
01-02-2012, 02:41 AM
1.LB-Luke kuechly 2.DT- Jerel worthy 3.WR- Jordan white 4.RB-Isaiah Pead FA- BPA (Oline,DT,S) Idk who white is it everything else I would love. we don't need a WR. Still got Barden and jernigan</P>

Jordan White vs Purdue 2011 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5eDz-CTPar8)<SPAN style="DISPLAY: inline! important; FLOAT: none; WORD-SPACING: 0px; FONT: 13px/15px arial, sans-serif; TEXT-TRANSFORM: none; COLOR: rgb(51,51,51); TEXT-INDENT: 0px; WHITE-SPACE: normal; LETTER-SPACING: normal; TEXT-ALIGN: left; orphans: 2; widows: 2; -webkit-text-size-adjust: auto; -webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px"><SPAN class=Apple-converted-space></SPAN></SPAN></P>

<SPAN style="DISPLAY: inline! important; FLOAT: none; WORD-SPACING: 0px; FONT: 13px/15px arial, sans-serif; TEXT-TRANSFORM: none; COLOR: rgb(51,51,51); TEXT-INDENT: 0px; WHITE-SPACE: normal; LETTER-SPACING: normal; TEXT-ALIGN: left; orphans: 2; widows: 2; -webkit-text-size-adjust: auto; -webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px"><SPAN class=Apple-converted-space>Jordan White vs Toledo 2011 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fH7xre6znRc)</SPAN></SPAN></P>

Shockeyitus
01-03-2012, 09:47 AM

Round3 - Tyler Eifert, TE - Notre Dame..... TE is a major issue with the Giants. Dwayne Allen would be a great talent to our offense, but I doubt he will fall to us in the third. With that said Eifert is a guy with great size 6'6" 245. Best of all, the sky is the limit!! He sat behind Rudolph for a season and then stepped in when Rudolph got hurt. Played in a pro style offense and with his size, it would make him an instant red zone threat. </P>

Fluker is a Sophomore and not elligable for the draft this year.</P>

</P>

You're wrong Colonel Sanders.... He is a RS Sophemore. </P>

deekay7685
01-03-2012, 12:46 PM
here's my first try at the mock draft this season. i know it's early.

1) KEUCHLY-MLB (BC)
2) EIFERT- TE (NDU)
3/ trade OSI) TURBIN- RB (Utah)
3) KROBINSON-SLB (UTex)
4) JHOWARD -DT (Fla) or DWOLFE- DT (Cin)
4/Cofield comp) AJACKSON-CB/PR (CPoly) or HAYWARD-CB (Vandy)
5) JMILLER- DE (WVU)
6) JALLEN- OT (Illi)
7) JLOONEY-OG (Wake)

Sign RT- BGIANCOMINI to replace McKenzie

Redeyejedi
01-03-2012, 12:51 PM

Round 5 - Olivier Vernon, DE - The U..... A lot of people dont know enough about this kid. But, in his sophemore year of 2010 he was a budding star at Miami with 40 tackles, 6 sacks while splitting time with guys like Allen Bailey, Adewale Ojomo and Marcus Robinson. In 2011, he was suspended for 6 games this year for accepting cash from Nevin Shapiro</P>Dont like Burfict, Eifert goes early 2nd round if he comes out at all.Doug Martin goes way before the Giants pick in the 4th round.

Redeyejedi
01-03-2012, 12:51 PM

Round 5 - Olivier Vernon, DE - The U..... A lot of people dont know enough about this kid. But, in his sophemore year of 2010 he was a budding star at Miami with 40 tackles, 6 sacks while splitting time with guys like Allen Bailey, Adewale Ojomo and Marcus Robinson. In 2011, he was suspended for 6 games this year for accepting cash from Nevin Shapiro</P>Dont like Burfict, Eifert goes early 2nd round if he comes out at all.Doug Martin goes way before the Giants pick in the 4th round.

critters
01-03-2012, 01:13 PM
Fluker is sticking around for his redshirt junior year. Speaking of Alabama, Donta Hightower is the LB we should take with our first pick. He has good speed, is great against the run, no character issues and can play standing up or with his hand in the ground. Most importantly he comes from the best defensive system in college football so he'll be excellent at "quarterbacking" the defense... not to mention he's an SEC guy, the conference they actually play defense in. Kuechly will get mowed in the NFL. Having a guy that can play in the middle or on the line would be huge for us.

I've seen a few mock drafts having us take Lamar Miller with our first pick. This will be disastrous. I think Donta Hightower is THE first pick, but I also think there will be a bigger dropoff at MLB then there will be at RB in the later rounds. There's a chance that Miller could be available in the 2nd round and if not, Bernard Pierce or Montee Ball could be available in the 3rd and would be great gets.

deekay7685
01-03-2012, 02:44 PM
if Eifert declares he could go early 2nd. to me he is the best all around te (receiver & in-line blocking). if he doesn't slip in the lower 2nd round then try to sign GOlsen another ND TE.
take CPolk with 2nd pick.

critters
01-03-2012, 08:14 PM
BTW, LOVE the Vernon pick. He's also on my wishlist in the later rounds. He's an under the radar guy that could have some major upside. I've seen that guy straight up embarrass OL.

Shockeyitus
01-05-2012, 04:41 PM
Fluker is sticking around for his redshirt junior year. Speaking of Alabama, Donta Hightower is the LB we should take with our first pick. He has good speed, is great against the run, no character issues and can play standing up or with his hand in the ground. Most importantly he comes from the best defensive system in college football so he'll be excellent at "quarterbacking" the defense... not to mention he's an SEC guy, the conference they actually play defense in. Kuechly will get mowed in the NFL. Having a guy that can play in the middle or on the line would be huge for us.

I've seen a few mock drafts having us take Lamar Miller with our first pick. This will be disastrous. I think Donta Hightower is THE first pick, but I also think there will be a bigger dropoff at MLB then there will be at RB in the later rounds. There's a chance that Miller could be available in the 2nd round and if not, Bernard Pierce or Montee Ball could be available in the 3rd and would be great gets.

</P>

Giants arean organization that love to take guys with a lot of "upside"... I really like your Hightower pick, but I think the upside and grit that Burfict brings to the game, makes him a can't pass guy. If for any reason Kuechly and Burfict were gone, than I would not be disappointed with the Hightower pick. </P>

Also, I wouldn't be surprised if the Giants were to draft these guys in the first. Only, if they were to fall.. </P>

WR - Michael Floyd, Notre Dame</P>

CB - Dre Kirkpatrick, Alabama</P>

RB - Trent Richardson, Alabama (obviously!!)</P>

***or just trade down to someone that wants to move up. </P>

critters
01-05-2012, 05:16 PM
I'd sh!t skittles if we could land Trent, but he'll be long gone. I think Dre will be gone as well but he's also got TONS of upside. Which if you have followed him closely, it's really the only reason he's projected in the first round. He hasn't exactly been lighting it up quite yet. But he's got great size and speed and loves to play physical. There's another corner that plays for Alabama named Dequan Menzie that is a bit under the radar and could be a good mid round get.. Some would argue he has played better than Dre, but Dre has WAY more upside.

I'd love to have Floyd as well. Dude is INSANE. Great hands, great speed, great size. Eli's life would be pretty easy. The only thing is, with the emergence of Cruz, I'm not sure we need a WR enough to warrant using a first round pick. If I'm right in thinking the only way we take a WR is if it's a little late in the draft, BJ Cunningham (Mich St) could be a guy to watch for. Jarius Wright is going to be a player in the NFL as well IMO... not sure where he projects though.

Shockeyitus
01-06-2012, 06:08 PM
Mark Ingram is the talent that Richardson is.... However, people projected him to go in the mid first round and he fell to the bottom. If he makes it past KC or Dallas (picks 11, 14 respectively), then Giants should seriously consider moving up to get him. But, recent history proves that the Giants will stand put.

mikeq672
01-06-2012, 09:40 PM
Love Burflict, he plays with an attitude and could be the leader of this team for the next 10 years. He doesnt have the bad attitude off the field and isnt a trouble maker that people think he is, hes actually a pretty good guy from what Ive heard from my buddy at ASU. He just plays with a ton of passion. He was told to pull it back some this year and it shows because hes hesitant and thinking too much.

The guy is a freak of an athlete, ton of speed at LB, hits like Ray Lewis. Ray Lewis has off field problems too, you guys saying you wouldnt have wanted him?

Osi_baby
01-07-2012, 04:21 AM
Love Burflict, he plays with an attitude and could be the leader of this team for the next 10 years. He doesnt have the bad attitude off the field and isnt a trouble maker that people think he is, hes actually a pretty good guy from what Ive heard from my buddy at ASU. He just plays with a ton of passion. He was told to pull it back some this year and it shows because hes hesitant and thinking too much.

The guy is a freak of an athlete, ton of speed at LB, hits like Ray Lewis. Ray Lewis has off field problems too, you guys saying you wouldnt have wanted him?

man i couldn't agree more. Burfict is a beast. i want him to be a giant so badly after watching this highlight reel.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d7achvXsy3Q

1) he looks like he's running down hill all the time
2) he eats running backs alive
3) never gets knocked back
4) plows through the offensive line
5) is a sure sure tackler
6) has a P.O. Box address in the backfield

imagine a healthy clint sintim and burfict playing together behind a JPP... let the paramedics sort em out

mikeq672
01-07-2012, 12:53 PM

man i couldn't agree more. Burfict is a beast. i want him to be a giant so badly after watching this highlight reel.

1) he looks like he's running down hill all the time
2) he eats running backs alive
3) never gets knocked back
4) plows through the offensive line
5) is a sure sure tackler
6) has a P.O. Box address in the backfield

imagine a healthy clint sintim and burfict playing together behind a JPP... let the paramedics sort em out

You lost me at the clint sintim comment, I think hes done here but i agree with everything else.

And most underrated part of watching that video is noticing that everytime hes the first one to the ball carrier, he wraps up and drives through, doesnt try to just come in and throw a shoulder like everyone else seems to try and do now a days.

Redeyejedi
01-07-2012, 03:19 PM

man i couldn't agree more.* Burfict is a beast.* i want him to be a giant so badly after watching this highlight reel.

1)* he looks like he's running down hill all the time
2)* he eats running backs alive
3)* never gets knocked back
4)* plows through the offensive line
5)* is a sure sure tackler
6)* has a P.O. Box address in the backfield

imagine a healthy clint sintim and burfict playing together behind a JPP...* let the paramedics sort em out
Thats the problem with Burfict he is a highlight real guy not a good football player.
2011 all I saw was a guy that freelanced completely ignoring the called defense. Rarely ever showed any gap discipline. Constantly was out position leading to ASU getting gashed on the ground. Leaving his feet to tackle way to much to go for the big hit.A player that is still the exact same player when he came into college as he was when he left it.He never improved ,he never took to coaching and has below average instincts for a LB.
The truth Is I was a big fan of Burfict coming into this season.I spent a lot of time working his 2010 games.I saw flaws on his gametape and ignored them because Everything I read was that the guy was going to mature.He was going to be a film junkie and really improve his game.I didnt see anything like that this season.His play was worse then it was the previous years.

Raptor22
01-07-2012, 06:12 PM

man i couldn't agree more.* Burfict is a beast.* i want him to be a giant so badly after watching this highlight reel.

1)* he looks like he's running down hill all the time
2)* he eats running backs alive
3)* never gets knocked back
4)* plows through the offensive line
5)* is a sure sure tackler
6)* has a P.O. Box address in the backfield

imagine a healthy clint sintim and burfict playing together behind a JPP...* let the paramedics sort em out
Thats the problem with Burfict he is a highlight real guy not a good football player.
2011 all I saw was a guy that freelanced completely ignoring the called defense. Rarely ever showed any gap discipline. Constantly was out position leading to ASU getting gashed on the ground. Leaving his feet to tackle way to much to go for the big hit.A player that is still the exact same player when he came into college as he was when he left it.He never improved ,he never took to coaching and has below average instincts for a LB.
The truth Is I was a big fan of Burfict coming into this season.I spent a lot of time working his 2010 games.I saw flaws on his gametape and ignored them because Everything I read was that the guy was going to mature.He was going to be a film junkie and really improve his game.I didnt see anything like that this season.His play was worse then it was the previous years.
pwn'd

Right now I think Burfict hold the title of most overhyped/rated prospect.

Also, I think Sintim's done in the NFL. He tore the same ACL twice in less than a year. Which is a shame, because he was looking great in preseason.

If he manages to come back fully... dude would be a freakin' warrior.

Osi_baby
01-07-2012, 06:30 PM
ya those are all valid points jedi. i wish the guy could get his head in the game to go with his freakish skills. we need a beast like that.

sintim is such a heartbreaking story. his career was going to be so bright. something around the likes of a demarcus ware, even though some might find that to be a preposterous comparison.

michaelkhan3
01-10-2012, 12:10 AM

I kinda agree with your LB analysis I'm not as high on Kuechly as most people, He doesn't have a lot of speed or strength but he is very smart and gets into good positions I' just not sure if he holds up that well as an NFL MLB He reminds me of Greg Jones tones of tackles but I don't know if he will be great in the NFL. I like Hightower a bit better he doesn't have a lot of speed either but he can get around well enough I really like his power and he plays on an absolute monster of a defense he is never get that amount of tackles with all the other great players around him.

Burfict split on he is scary in two ways:
For opposing Offenses: he is really fast and hits like a truck
For us: He has been a bit of a trouble maker and has been out of position a lot

The more I think about Burfict the more I want him as a giant if this guy gets his head down and learn the game from our coaches and not give away stupid penalties then we might have the next Patrick Willis but it is a risk