PDA

View Full Version : When was our last BIG home victory?

NoHuddle10
12-28-2011, 02:17 PM
Serious question here. I cant remember the last time the Giants won a BIG game at home. The Jets game doesnt count.

Any takers?????

MattMeyerBud
12-28-2011, 02:18 PM
Serious question here. I cant remember the last time the Giants won a BIG game at home. The Jets game doesnt count.

Any takers?????

this sunday?

dave56dj
12-28-2011, 02:19 PM
At the time Buffalo was playing very well - that would be it.

Oh and this SUNDAY.

NoHuddle10
12-28-2011, 02:22 PM
At the time Buffalo was playing very well - that would be it.

Oh and this SUNDAY.

I definitely dont consider the Buffalo win a big game or big win by any means.....

Going all the way back to the 2007 season, I cant remember the last time the Giants put on a show in a big game @ home....

Every big home game has been a huge disappointment. A couple almost wins at home in big games... 07 vs Pats, this year vs GB.

I will wait until someone gives me something... I need to know.

This is LONG PAST DUE!

bigblue4417
12-28-2011, 02:22 PM
1986 NFC Championship game

41-0 vs the Vikings

?

daynemustgo
12-28-2011, 02:23 PM
41-0 Vikings...11 years ago?

NoHuddle10
12-28-2011, 02:26 PM
I am looking through our past schedules now.... 2007-Current and I dont see one.

There have been at least 10 big wins since then on the road. ZERO at home....

This team owes the home crowd a BIG W this weekend. Its about 8 years over due.

Ntegrase96
12-28-2011, 02:27 PM
2008 vs the Panthers for the only December victory that sealed the number 1 seed overall.

I remember it because it was the day I bought my current TV and fell in love with the Sunday night broadcast because of the HD.

UK-Giantsfan
12-28-2011, 02:29 PM
probably week 16 of the 2008 season when we beat the Panthers in OT to seal the #1 seed ....when Ward ran for over 200 yards

( you beat me to it ! )

bigblue4417
12-28-2011, 02:31 PM
If you asked the question in reverse this page would already have 10 pages.

I just went back to 2000 and couldn't really find one. Going back through the schedule it's amazing how many games we lose at home. We have to have one of the worst home records over the past 5 years especially.

In all seriousness it was probably the NFC Championship game when we beat the Vikings. Seems like any other big home game we lost....Many playoff games and big games we screwed up at home.

On Monday we will revisit this....(praying)

NoHuddle10
12-28-2011, 02:31 PM
41-0 Vikings...11 years ago?

That has to be the last one.... Which is disgusting to think about...

How many big games have we won on the road since then?

2007 playoffs (all of them)

2007 season (went 7-1 on the road)

This year, Jets (playoffs on the line). Pats (ended their 31 game home win streak with Brady).

Was that game against the Ravens at home? The one where we rushed for over 200 yards?

What is the deal with this team playing at home? How are we so awful at home?

WE MUST PROTECT THIS HOUSE!!!!!!!!

bigblue4417
12-28-2011, 02:32 PM
I am looking through our past schedules now.... 2007-Current and I dont see one.

There have been at least 10 big wins since then on the road. ZERO at home....

This team owes the home crowd a BIG W this weekend. Its about 8 years over due.
Crazy right?

JJC7301
12-28-2011, 02:32 PM
At the time Buffalo was playing very well - that would be it. Oh and this SUNDAY. I definitely dont consider the Buffalo win a big game or big win by any means..... Going all the way back to the 2007 season, I cant remember the last time the Giants put on a show in a big game @ home.... Every big home game has been a huge disappointment. A couple almost wins at home in big games... 07 vs Pats, this year vs GB. I will wait until someone gives me something... I need to know. This is LONG PAST DUE!</P>

All the way back to Dec. 21, 2008 -- NY Giants def. Panthers to clinch NFC home field advantage throughout the playoffs. One of the best Giant games I ever saw:</P>

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-highlights/09000d5d80d88acf/NFL-GameDay-Panthers-vs-Giants-highlights</P>

NoHuddle10
12-28-2011, 02:35 PM
At the time Buffalo was playing very well - that would be it. Oh and this SUNDAY. I definitely dont consider the Buffalo win a big game or big win by any means..... Going all the way back to the 2007 season, I cant remember the last time the Giants put on a show in a big game @ home.... Every big home game has been a huge disappointment. A couple almost wins at home in big games... 07 vs Pats, this year vs GB. I will wait until someone gives me something... I need to know. This is LONG PAST DUE!</P>

All the way back to Dec. 21, 2008 -- NY Giants def. Panthers to clinch NFC home field advantage throughout the playoffs.* One of the best Giant games I ever saw:</P>

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-highlights/09000d5d80d88acf/NFL-GameDay-Panthers-vs-Giants-highlights</P>

You are right, this is definitely the last one... And maybe the only one of the decade! NTM it was over 3 years ago!!! How does a team who consistantly wins more than it loses, NEVER show up for the big home games?

WE MUST PROTECT THIS HOUSE!

bigblue4417
12-28-2011, 02:38 PM
I don't think anyone thinks about the Carolina game because of how bad that season ended...

http://blog.nj.com/eagles_main/2009/01/medium_medium_donovan-mcnabb-phone.jpg

Then again it didn't go to well after the 41-0 either. So technically I guess you're right. Then it goes all the way back to 00 so we have had 2 meaningful wins at home in the last decade. lol

Road Warriors!

TroyArcher
12-28-2011, 02:38 PM
41-0 Vikings...11 years ago? That has to be the last one.... Which is disgusting to think about... How many big games have we won on the road since then? 2007 playoffs (all of them) 2007 season (went 7-1 on the road) This year, Jets (playoffs on the line). Pats (ended their 31 game home win streak with Brady). Was that game against the Ravens at home? The one where we rushed for over 200 yards? What is the deal with this team playing at home? How are we so awful at home? WE MUST PROTECT THIS HOUSE!!!!!!!!</P>

</P>

Yes on the Ravens. I was at that game and it was great. </P>

NoHuddle10
12-28-2011, 02:43 PM
I don't think anyone thinks about the Carolina game because of how bad that season ended...

http://blog.nj.com/eagles_main/2009/01/medium_medium_donovan-mcnabb-phone.jpg

Then again it didn't go to well after the 41-0 either. So technically I guess you're right. Then it goes all the way back to 00 so we have had 2 meaningful wins at home in the last decade. lol

Road Warriors!

Road Warriors is great and all, but not when you have two straight win or go home games in your own house!

2 meaningful home victories in the last decade, and we are now asking for 2 in two weeks.....

They owe us... I will say it again...

WE MUST PROTECT THIS HOUSE!!!!!!

That needs to ALWAYS be our attitude @ home, but it seems as though a lot of our players dont care at all whether we play home or away. Most of them play more inspired on the road.... THIS MUST END!!!!

bigblue4417
12-28-2011, 02:49 PM
2 meaningful home victories in the last decade, and we are now asking for 2 in two weeks.....
Technically that was a road game.

JJC7301
12-28-2011, 02:51 PM
41-0 Vikings...11 years ago? That has to be the last one.... Which is disgusting to think about... How many big games have we won on the road since then? 2007 playoffs (all of them) 2007 season (went 7-1 on the road) This year, Jets (playoffs on the line). Pats (ended their 31 game home win streak with Brady). Was that game against the Ravens at home? The one where we rushed for over 200 yards? What is the deal with this team playing at home? How are we so awful at home? WE MUST PROTECT THIS HOUSE!!!!!!!!</P>

</P>

</P>

I was at that game, too, and it was a BEAUTIFUL thing to watch. That was 2008 which should have been our year as repeat champs, if it weren't for losing Strahan (retire), Osi (injury), Shockey (trade), and Plax (self-inflicted hunting wound) all in one year and wearing down at the end. </P>

We destroyed Baltimore (AFC runners-up to Steelers) at home; defeated the eventual SB champs (Steelers) in Pitt; beat the eventual NFC champs (Cards) in AZ; beat the Panthers (2nd best record in the NFC); and 1-1 against the Eagles (NFC runners-up to Cards). TALK ABOUT A HARD SCHEDULE! We beatALL of the best teams that year during the regular season, but got knocked out easily and quietly by Philly in our first game of the playoffs that year. At home. That stunk.</P>

JJC7301
12-28-2011, 02:54 PM

All the way back to Dec. 21, 2008 -- NY Giants def. Panthers to clinch NFC home field advantage throughout the playoffs. One of the best Giant games I ever saw:</P>

You are right, this is definitely the last one... And maybe the only one of the decade! NTM it was over 3 years ago!!! How does a team who consistantly wins more than it loses, NEVER show up for the big home games? WE MUST PROTECT THIS HOUSE!</P>

It is a shame. I would actually feel more positive about this upcoming game if we were playing it in Dallas. Honest to God.</P>

NoHuddle10
12-28-2011, 02:56 PM

I meant this Sunday and Round 1 of the playoffs if we get there. Both will be at home.

NoHuddle10
12-28-2011, 02:57 PM

*</P>

Yes on the Ravens.* I was at that game and it was great.* </P>

</P>

I was at that game, too, and it was a BEAUTIFUL thing to watch.* That was 2008 which should have been our year as repeat champs, if it weren't for losing Strahan (retire), Osi (injury), Shockey (trade), and Plax (self-inflicted hunting wound) all in one year and wearing down at the end.* </P>

We destroyed Baltimore (AFC runners-up to Steelers) at home; defeated the eventual SB champs (Steelers) in Pitt; beat the eventual NFC champs (Cards) in AZ; beat the Panthers (2nd best record in the NFC); and 1-1 against the Eagles (NFC runners-up to Cards).* TALK ABOUT A HARD SCHEDULE!* We beat*ALL of the best teams that year during the regular season, but got knocked out easily and quietly by Philly in our first game of the playoffs that year.* At home.* That stunk.</P>

That regular season was sooooo sweet. .. I am glad you mentioned the above. We were clearly the best team in the NFL that year. Oh what could have been.....

NYG 5
12-28-2011, 03:04 PM
2002 season finale against PHI to get into the playoffs.

2004 season finale against DAL

2005 Denver comeback (had a pretty good home record that year)

Then the carolina game, and that's about it.

Although all the Jets games the past 10 years have been decent. Gave the 2003 season some hope, put a win in the 2007 season, and extended the season to this unofficial playoff game on sunday. Those are all pretty much home games

NJBLUEBLOOD
12-28-2011, 03:07 PM
without looking, the last big win I can remember is the "win and in" vs the eagles. They gave out towels that night and gmen prevailed. Shockey in the corner of the endzone. We then proceeded to blow a big lead to niners in the wildcard. It was snowing that night in NJ. How's that memory for you?

daynemustgo
12-28-2011, 03:17 PM

*</P>

</P>

I was at that game, too, and it was a BEAUTIFUL thing to watch.* That was 2008 which should have been our year as repeat champs, if it weren't for losing Strahan (retire), Osi (injury), Shockey (trade), and Plax (self-inflicted hunting wound) all in one year and wearing down at the end.* </P>

We destroyed Baltimore (AFC runners-up to Steelers) at home; defeated the eventual SB champs (Steelers) in Pitt; beat the eventual NFC champs (Cards) in AZ; beat the Panthers (2nd best record in the NFC); and 1-1 against the Eagles (NFC runners-up to Cards).* TALK ABOUT A HARD SCHEDULE!* We beat*ALL of the best teams that year during the regular season, but got knocked out easily and quietly by Philly in our first game of the playoffs that year.* At home.* That stunk.</P>

the 2008 team that started 11-1 was the best giants team I ever saw. Plax shot himself, the Giants stomped Washington and then the wheels came off home against philly. I can still picture AP flailing away at westbrook.

bigblue4417
12-28-2011, 03:17 PM

I meant this Sunday and Round 1 of the playoffs if we get there. Both will be at home.
I like where your head is at!

JJC7301
12-28-2011, 03:19 PM

</P>

</P>

I was at that game, too, and it was a BEAUTIFUL thing to watch. That was 2008 which should have been our year as repeat champs, if it weren't for losing Strahan (retire), Osi (injury), Shockey (trade), and Plax (self-inflicted hunting wound) all in one year and wearing down at the end. </P>

We destroyed Baltimore (AFC runners-up to Steelers) at home; defeated the eventual SB champs (Steelers) in Pitt; beat the eventual NFC champs (Cards) in AZ; beat the Panthers (2nd best record in the NFC); and 1-1 against the Eagles (NFC runners-up to Cards). TALK ABOUT A HARD SCHEDULE! We beatALL of the best teams that year during the regular season, but got knocked out easily and quietly by Philly in our first game of the playoffs that year. At home. That stunk.</P>

That regular season was sooooo sweet. .. I am glad you mentioned the above. We were clearly the best team in the NFL that year. Oh what could have been.....</P>

It was funny because nobody (not that I remember) gave us much props for winnng the SB -- they saw us as a flash in the pan. Everybody was picking the Cowboys win the NFC in '08, and I was surprised because I saw the Giants not just as SB champs, but a team that hadn't even peaked with all of the young talent (SS, AB, Cofield, Boss) that added incredible depth to our team. </P>

We had the defense, WRs, RB, OL, QB on the rise. Losing Strahan, Osi, Plax, and Shockey in 1 year hurt A LOT. Hopefully we haven't missed our window of opportunity.</P>

daynemustgo
12-28-2011, 03:19 PM
without looking, the last big win I can remember is the "win and in" vs the eagles.* They gave out towels that night and gmen prevailed.* Shockey in the corner of the endzone.* We then proceeded to blow a big lead to niners in the wildcard.* It was snowing that night in NJ.* How's that memory for you?

i was in the box next to Jeff Lurie..wonderful day

JJC7301
12-28-2011, 03:23 PM

</P>

</P>

the 2008 team that started 11-1 was the best giants team I ever saw. Plax shot himself, the Giants stomped Washington and then the wheels came off home against philly. I can still picture AP flailing away at westbrook.</P>

The '86 and '90 Giants started off great too, and the '08 team really resembled those other great teams in professionalism, hustle, intensity, grit, composure, confidence, game-intelligence, and talent. The '08 team was too good to finish the way that they did. I really wish that Strahan had stayed1 more year to help on a repeat. And I wish that Plax never went to the city that night. But c'est la vie.</P>

'08 JUST WANTS ME TO MAKE ME BANG MY HEAD AGAINST MY DESK AND THEN AGAINST MY WALL. But, what can one do?</P>

SweetZombieJesus
12-28-2011, 03:24 PM
With playoff implications?

In 2008 when they beat the Panthers for the #1 seed (which both teams wasted anyway by losing in the divisional round).

When was the last time they won a home playoff game? 1/14/2001 NFC CG under Jim Fassel. 11 years ago.

Coughlin's never won a home playoff game.

Get yer voodoo dolls out and start poking

daynemustgo
12-28-2011, 03:27 PM

*</P>

</P>

the 2008 team that started 11-1 was the best giants team I ever saw. Plax shot himself, the Giants stomped Washington and then the wheels came off home against philly. I can still picture AP flailing away at westbrook.</P>

The '86 and '90 Giants started off great too, and the '08 team really resembled those other great teams in professionalism, hustle, intensity, grit, composure, confidence, game-intelligence, and talent.* The '08 team was too good to finish the way that they did.* I really wish that Strahan had stayed*1 more year to help on a repeat.* And I wish that Plax never went to the city that night.* But c'est la vie.</P>

'08 JUST WANTS ME TO MAKE ME BANG MY HEAD AGAINST MY DESK AND THEN AGAINST MY WALL.* But, what can one do?</P>

agreed. what could have/should have been.

NWKEffectElement
12-28-2011, 03:31 PM
2008 vs the Panthers for the only December victory that sealed the number 1 seed overall.

I remember it because it was the day I bought my current TV and fell in love with the Sunday night broadcast because of the HD.

I was going to say that game. You mite as well admit it was the Giants that you fell in love with because of that game.

Ntegrase96
12-28-2011, 03:36 PM

JJC7301
12-28-2011, 03:39 PM
With playoff implications?

In 2008 when they beat the Panthers for the #1 seed (which both teams wasted anyway by losing in the divisional round).

When was the last time they won a home playoff game? 1/14/2001 NFC CG under Jim Fassel. 11 years ago.
</P>

That was another game that I was at -- that was a FUN game.</P>

Weygand
12-28-2011, 03:51 PM
If you asked the question in reverse this page would already have 10 pages.

I just went back to 2000 and couldn't really find one. Going back through the schedule it's amazing how many games we lose at home. We have to have one of the worst home records over the past 5 years especially.

In all seriousness it was probably the NFC Championship game when we beat the Vikings. Seems like any other big home game we lost....Many playoff games and big games we screwed up at home.

On Monday we will revisit this....(praying)

The Denver game in 2005