PDA

View Full Version : Lol not surprising osi decides he can suddenly play

DemandedAce
12-28-2011, 03:45 PM
He waits until now to suddenly be able to play but not down the brutal stretch. What a punk play second fiddle to jpp and trade him this offseason get this bum outta here

DragonSoul
12-28-2011, 03:55 PM
He waits until now to suddenly be able to play but not down the brutal stretch. What a punk play second fiddle to jpp and trade him this offseason get this bum outta herenot a simple boo-boo as most think.

DemandedAce
12-28-2011, 03:59 PM
He waits until now to suddenly be able to play but not down the brutal stretch. What a punk play second fiddle to jpp and trade him this offseason get this bum outta herenot a simple boo-boo as most think.

Seems like pretty convenient timing to me

DemandedAce

DemandedAce

DemandedAce

DemandedAce
12-28-2011, 04:00 PM

jakegibbs
12-28-2011, 04:00 PM
He waits until now to suddenly be able to play but not down the brutal stretch. What a punk play second fiddle to jpp and trade him this offseason get this bum outta here

Let's hope the stretch is just getting started. They have 5 games left if they win them all.

DemandedAce
12-28-2011, 04:01 PM
Holy abusive multiple posts I'm sorry about that

giantman8493
12-28-2011, 04:02 PM

He has to be healthy some time. Why not now? This is when he is healed.

TheReal_LT
12-28-2011, 04:16 PM

I agree...Hopefully he's healthy enough to make a difference come Sunday...welcome back OSI!

Ruttiger711
12-28-2011, 04:20 PM

Not flaming - but have you ever had an ankle injury?

DemandedAce
12-28-2011, 04:31 PM
I had surgery on both ankles following my junior year of football, i played the whole season with bum ankles because my accessory bone broke in both feet and my tendon was wrapped around the shards.

So yes, yes I have and I played on it. I know it's a LOT different at a professional level just is convenient timing, you guys all act like he is glorious now but how come there are only a select few of us that notice how awful he is against the run. He is a negative force on the field for us because we get gashed his side with the run, his stance and pressure run take him out of plays all the time, it's sack or nothing.

T-Murda84
12-28-2011, 04:37 PM
Also Plaxico Burress played the whole 2007 season with a bum ankle...Burress could of missed a ton of games that year, but he was mentally tough. As a Defensive End u are making hard cut to break into routes. Most of the time Osi is going forward and taking a wide angle. Plax had to make cuts and be precise in his route running.

Ruttiger711
12-28-2011, 04:38 PM
I had surgery on both ankles following my junior year of football, i played the whole season with bum ankles because my accessory bone broke in both feet and my tendon was wrapped around the shards.

So yes, yes I have and I played on it. I know it's different at a professional level just is convenient timing, you guys all act like he is glorious now but how come there are only a select few of us that notice how awful he is against the run. He is a negative force on the field for us because we get gashed his side with the run, his stance and pressure run take him out of plays all the time, it's sack or nothing.

well that's a resounding yes.

I'm definitely not a fan of Osi's antics - but i dont think sitting out for nothing benefits him at all.. he should want to play more and well to get what he wants in the future ... from another team of course, because it wont be here.

I just don't see what so convenient about coming back for the most intense game of the year.

Giantsin04
12-28-2011, 04:40 PM
Coughlin said he has been busting it trying to get back. Testing the injury, pushing it, and really trying to get out there. I don't put anything past Osi, but I'll go with Coughlin on this one.

DemandedAce
12-28-2011, 04:40 PM

So yes, yes I have and I played on it. I know it's different at a professional level just is convenient timing, you guys all act like he is glorious now but how come there are only a select few of us that notice how awful he is against the run. He is a negative force on the field for us because we get gashed his side with the run, his stance and pressure run take him out of plays all the time, it's sack or nothing.

I'm definitely not a fan of Osi's antics - but i dont think sitting out for nothing benefits him at all.. he should want to play more and well to get what he wants in the future ... from another team of course, because it wont be here.*

I just don't see what so convenient about coming back for the most intense game of the year.*

It's convenient because if he comes back now and blows up for two sacks this game and helps us make a deep run in the playoffs that helps his cause a lot more than being on a middling defense the whole season is my point. Also now he's trying to oneup JPP and I can't stand it, as T-Murd says plenty of players can play on it, Osi just chose not to like he chose to have knee surgery this preseason when doctors said he didn't need it.

DemandedAce
12-28-2011, 04:42 PM
Coughlin said he has been busting it trying to get back. Testing the injury, pushing it, and really trying to get out there. I don't put anything past Osi, but I'll go with Coughlin on this one.

Hmm, I hadn't heard that one. That does change it a little for me.

FBomb
12-28-2011, 04:44 PM
Osi is a diva. That being said, I hope he plays well enough to beat the Girls and raise his trade value.

BJacobs aka The Problem
12-28-2011, 04:45 PM
Meh, doesn't bother me as long as JPP is starting and doesn't have to move inside to DT on rushing downs.

Razur
Look...trade him ..keep him...either way his value is only going to be measured by his performance on the field...not on the bench..So...if he wants to be traded or wants a bigger contract..PROVE YOUR WORTH Osi !!!

Ruttiger711
Also Plaxico Burress played the whole 2007 season with a bum ankle...Burress could of missed a ton of games that year, but he was mentally tough. As a Defensive End u are making hard cut to break into routes. Most of the time Osi is going forward and taking a wide angle. Plax had to make cuts and be precise in his route running.

his was a high ankle sprain... kind of different

now THATs where i can see convenience... hurt just enough to never practice but still play like he did on Sundays.

threenout
12-28-2011, 04:51 PM
hopefully he is close to full strength so he can have a positive impact rather than getting pushed around like he did against Philly. Let's hope he plays well to enhance his trade value for next year's draft.

He will be traded for sure!

Ruttiger711
12-28-2011, 04:58 PM

I'm definitely not a fan of Osi's antics - but i dont think sitting out for nothing benefits him at all.. he should want to play more and well to get what he wants in the future ... from another team of course, because it wont be here.

I just don't see what so convenient about coming back for the most intense game of the year.

It's convenient because if he comes back now and blows up for two sacks this game and helps us make a deep run in the playoffs <font color="#0000FF" size="5">that helps his cause a lot more than being on a middling defense the whole season</font> is my point. Also now he's trying to oneup JPP and I can't stand it, as T-Murd says plenty of players can play on it, Osi just chose not to like he chose to have knee surgery this preseason when doctors said he didn't need it.

He can be on a middling defense and still be successful. Good play doesnt go unoticed... JPP is on this same middling defense and no one in the world isn't seeing what he's doing.

Like I said - I dont love Osi but you've quite a few assumptions going on without knowing the severity of the injury or his psyche for that matter.

Firenugget
12-28-2011, 05:02 PM
Hey, I'll take a healthy Osi, JPP, Tuck for a playoff push any day.

NYSPORTS
12-28-2011, 05:12 PM
Let's see if O$I has some bonus if the Giants make the playoffs.

Sarcasman
12-28-2011, 05:45 PM

You can say that again.

gmen46
12-28-2011, 06:01 PM

Yeah, well, Burress all but admitted in an interview he gave right after getting out of the Big House, last June that he really was dogging it during the week throughout most of that season.

As I've said a few times this season in response to this nonsensical "Osi is dogging it" trope, it makes no sense that he would fake injuries or do anything to prevent himself from having a monster year this year, since it became painfully evident to him last summer that he was not to see a new and better contract--either from the Giants or from another team--unless he performed exceedingly well this year.

You can't perform exceedingly well, or convince any other team to pay you tons of money if you're not playing, and especially if you're not playing BECAUSE YOU'RE INJURED!!

Contrary to what someone said in this thread, his playing well this Sunday is NOT going to overcome his missing 7 games the rest of the year, which prevented him from having a great season.

And suggesting he dogged it the past 4 games until he was sure we had a "chance" to make the playoffs, so "he could look good in the playoffs" suggests Osi has some magical Nostrodomos ability to see into the future and know Dallas would lose enough games during that stretch to make THIS game the deciding game.

Absurd, is the only polite way I can put it.

TuckYou
12-28-2011, 06:04 PM
I heard Coughlin had a man to man with him, like Tuck got man to man talks last week. If Tuck and Osi are out there flying around, with JPP doing backflips, we could win a superbowl. Im not joking either. When those guys are all 100% go mode, and Tolly off the bench, with Kiwi Boley and our secondary, we could win.

Buckeroo
12-28-2011, 06:38 PM
He waits until now to suddenly be able to play but not down the brutal stretch. What a punk play second fiddle to jpp and trade him this offseason get this bum outta here</P>

I have been saying this for a few weeks. I knew once he sawGiants had a legit chance for the playoffs he would return to practice. If they beat the Skins he would have been back at practice last week IMO. He may not play much this week but if the Giants win this weeknd he will be all up for the playoffs. He didnt wqnt to take an unecessary risk of further injury unless the playoffs were in sight. </P>

I may be wrong but this has been my stance for weeks now. </P>

DemandedAce
12-28-2011, 06:54 PM
He waits until now to suddenly be able to play but not down the brutal stretch. What a punk play second fiddle to jpp and trade him this offseason get this bum outta here</P>

*I have been saying this for a few weeks. I knew once he saw*Giants had a legit chance for the playoffs he would return to practice. If they beat* the Skins he would have been back at practice last week IMO. He may not play much this week but if the Giants win this weeknd he will be all up for the playoffs. He didnt wqnt to take an unecessary risk of further injury unless the playoffs were in sight. </P>

EXACTLY my feelings.

jomo
12-28-2011, 06:56 PM
Coughlin said he has been busting it trying to get back. Testing the injury, pushing it, and really trying to get out there. I don't put anything past Osi, but I'll go with Coughlin on this one.Coughlin will occasionally just stay quiet about a player but he doesn't just make things up for the press like that. It is not his style, he is a straight shooter. I believe Coughlin.

gmen46
12-28-2011, 08:50 PM

*I have been saying this for a few weeks. I knew once he saw*Giants had a legit chance for the playoffs he would return to practice. If they beat* the Skins he would have been back at practice last week IMO. He may not play much this week but if the Giants win this weeknd he will be all up for the playoffs. He didnt wqnt to take an unecessary risk of further injury unless the playoffs were in sight. </P>

What makes this comment nonsensical is that "the playoffs were in sight" before the Skins game.

They were "in sight" before the Jets game.

And the playoffs "are in sight" now.

If anything, going into the Skins game, we may have been knocked out if Dallas had won that week--or at least been knocked further back than we were before the Skins game.

Why would he wait all the way until the LAST week to jump in, unless he actually was too incapacitated to play until now?

By not playing in the first Cowboys game, the Skins game, and the Jets game, he was risking the Giants being knocked out of contention 1, 2, 3 weeks ago.

Why would he want to take that risk--if he were truly guilty of what you charge him with--if he were actually fit to play any of those weeks?

Nonsensical. And, obviously, you are not alone in your thinking on this.

You all are allowing your disgust with his handling of his contract complaints the past year cloud your rational mind.

He has hurt his chances for getting the kind of contract he wants, with EVERY GAME he misses. Can't you see that?

Buckeroo
12-28-2011, 09:00 PM

I have been saying this for a few weeks. I knew once he sawGiants had a legit chance for the playoffs he would return to practice. If they beat the Skins he would have been back at practice last week IMO. He may not play much this week but if the Giants win this weeknd he will be all up for the playoffs. He didnt wqnt to take an unecessary risk of further injury unless the playoffs were in sight. </P>

What makes this comment nonsensical is that "the playoffs were in sight" before the Skins game. They were "in sight" before the Jets game. And the playoffs "are in sight" now. If anything, going into the Skins game, we may have been knocked out if Dallas had won that week--or at least been knocked further back than we were before the Skins game. Why would he wait all the way until the LAST week to jump in, unless he actually was too incapacitated to play until now? By not playing in the first Cowboys game, the Skins game, and the Jets game, he was risking the Giants being knocked out of contention 1, 2, 3 weeks ago. Why would he want to take that risk--if he were truly guilty of what you charge him with--if he were actually fit to play any of those weeks? Nonsensical. And, obviously, you are not alone in your thinking on this. You all are allowing your disgust with his handling of his contract complaints the past year cloud your rational mind. He has hurt his chances for getting the kind of contract he wants, with EVERY GAME he misses. Can't you see that?</P>

Dont tell me what I think of his contract or my train of thought. I dont give a crap how he handled his contract. He didnt get what he wanted.....his problem.</P>

If they won the Skins game the playoffs would have been more of certain thing. So to follow suit he waited until they beat the Jets to start practicing. Just a thought. I dont like thinking that of any player. </P>

</P>