PDA

View Full Version : Anyone see Chris Canty after the safety???

ELIistheFRANCHISE
12-28-2011, 06:20 PM
"BALL GAME...BALL GAME...WE RUN NY, WE RUN NY!!!"

I was fired up, screaming with him, walking around my house yelling at Rex ryan on the flat screen hahaha

Firenugget
12-28-2011, 06:50 PM
Yeah, well the guy has only made like 2-3 plays all year...

rainierjef
12-28-2011, 07:04 PM

2-3 more than you.

Sigh* im sorry you didnt deserve that im just tired of poster ripping every single player cause they didnt make a play here or there, what matter is that he came up and fought for a much need two points at a time when we needed it. I
People hate osi fine but osi brings sack/fumbles and rotation to a game we must win, im rooting for him minus the hate let reese and co. deal with his not playing wether it was due to injury or hold out after the season. We need all hands on deck sunday.

Does anyone know the status of herzlich manningham or ballard?

Firenugget
12-28-2011, 07:07 PM

2-3 more than you.

Sigh* im sorry you didnt deserve that im just tired of poster ripping every single player cause they didnt make a play here or there, what matter is that he came up and fought for a much need two points at a time when we needed it. I
People hate osi fine but osi brings sack/fumbles and rotation to a game we must win, im rooting for him minus the hate let reese and co. deal with his not playing wether it was due to injury or hold out after the season. We need all hands on deck sunday.

Offer me the money he's getting. I'll make more plays guaranteed.

ELIistheFRANCHISE
12-28-2011, 09:17 PM

2-3 more than you.

yeah, I bet you will! <------ that is supposed to be in red

shotcalla39
12-28-2011, 09:17 PM

Cantu tries his best and is an outstanding player.... If he played at his defensive end position in the 3-4... Blame Reese for his mediocrity or Sheridan and FEWELL for not utilizing him better

JJC7301
12-29-2011, 12:22 AM

Cantu tries his best and is an outstanding player.... If he played at his defensive end position in the 3-4... Blame Reese for his mediocrity or Sheridan and FEWELL for not utilizing him better
I never thought he was all that great on Dallas. He's OK, but he hasn't not achieved much during his Giant's tenure.

touchdown44
12-29-2011, 02:27 AM
its not a DT's job to score touch downs.
Its not even his job to sack the quarterback.
Unless you watch the coaches tape of every game its kind of hard to know exactly how good of a season he is having., I have seen him make a good amount of plays in the run game.. I think he is a pretty good player for the jints

ELIistheFRANCHISE
12-29-2011, 02:33 AM
Unless you watch the coaches tape of every game its kind of hard to know exactly how good of a season he is having., I have seen him make a good amount of plays in the run game.. I think he is a pretty good player for the jints
agreed, overpaid? yes, but I do appreciate canty's play.

greenca190
12-29-2011, 02:44 AM
We would all notice a significant drop in our DT play if he wasn't here.

BrianK
12-29-2011, 10:25 AM

This^

G-Man67
12-29-2011, 10:41 AM
Can'ty did make a huge play, but certainly he has not lived up to his contract and that makes him more rippable than other players

having said that, this is a what have you done for me lately league, so if he plays well for the remainder of the season ... all can be easily forgiven!! ... plus we can't blame him totally, it was probably us paying to much ... he probably wasn't the player we thought he was

burier
12-29-2011, 10:52 AM
he's definately a good player.

He over paid though if you look at his production and he does take plays off.

I'd ask him to take a pay cut.

Was very pumped though after the safety when he was yelling that it was our town and that we run NY

TrueBlue2180
12-29-2011, 10:58 AM

This^

Agreed. I like Canty. Has not a top DT and is making too much money, but he's a solid player. I really hope Linval and Marvin Austin develop (after he gets healthy of course).

Joe Morrison
12-29-2011, 11:04 AM
Can'ty did make a huge play, but certainly he has not lived up to his contract and that makes him more rippable than other players

having said that, this is a what have you done for me lately league, so if he plays well for the remainder of the season ... all can be easily forgiven!! ... plus we can't blame him totally, it was probably us paying to much ... he probably wasn't the player we thought he was

He's a DT and plays solid week after week, what more do you want from the guy, it's not a very exciting postion where he gets to light it up and go get the qb, but when he gets his shots he is a factor.</P>

Raptor22
12-29-2011, 11:06 AM
Guys, you DO realize that Canty's job in this defense is to draw blockers to free up the ends. For him (and guys like him), the goal isn't necessarily to show up in the box score. How many of JPP's sacks are set up because Canty drew the double team leaving a 1-on-1 for JPP? That is a good play for Canty. Its a TEAM sport, don't ya know.

Despite that, he has still batted passes down, pressured, hurried, and sacked QB's. Canty has been the Giants best DT for the past 2 years, since he has played healthy.

Oh well. People have already formed their opinions of him based on a year in which he played injured.

Tony Bruno
12-29-2011, 11:08 AM

2-3 more than you.

I think Canty is ok... For what we pay him I sure woud have had a better FA LB's or DB's.. We are thin at tackle though but still he is overpaid but is a decent player...

RoanokeFan
12-29-2011, 11:11 AM

He's a damn good interior lineman whose job, in part, is to make it easier for the ends to get to the QB.

Firenugget
12-29-2011, 11:13 AM
Guys, you DO realize that Canty's job in this defense is to draw blockers to free up the ends. For him (and guys like him), the goal isn't necessarily to show up in the box score. How many of JPP's sacks are set up because Canty drew the double team leaving a 1-on-1 for JPP? That is a good play for Canty. Its a TEAM sport, don't ya know.

Despite that, he has still batted passes down, pressured, hurried, and sacked QB's. Canty has been the Giants best DT for the past 2 years, since he has played healthy.

Oh well. People have already formed their opinions of him based on a year in which he played injured.

He gets pushed off the ball like a girl. Who said anything about box score?

Firenugget
12-29-2011, 11:13 AM

He's a damn good interior lineman whose job, in part, is to make it easier for the ends to get to the QB.

What games have you been watching all year?

G-Man67
12-29-2011, 11:16 AM

He's a DT and plays solid week after week, what more do you want from the guy, it's not a very exciting postion where he gets to light it up and go get the qb, but when he gets his shots he is a factor.</P>

i'm not saying he is a bad player, just an average player that is paid great player money

and part of the reason we paid him (and this was our mistake) what we paid him was that he was supposed to be a disruptive force and he has not been that very often

all you really have to do is watch tape on Cofield with us last year and on Can'ty with us this year and then it will be crystal clear ... Cofield was consistently more disruptive

last year Cofield had 39 solo tackles vs. Canty's 29 this year and Cofield has deflected 12 passes over this year and last year combined vs. Canty's 4 deflections ... Cofield also had one more sack last year vs. Canty this year

i'm not saying it's awful for a DT, but he has not lived up to what we paid him and you could make the argument that we lost the younger Cofield due to overpaying Can'ty, so simply not a good deal for the G-Men and i think that opens him up for some criticism, but listen if he goes out vs. his old team and plays great this week ... hey, i'm all about results and i don't put blinders on ... he just has not shown me enough yet

jakegibbs
12-29-2011, 11:35 AM

2-3 more than you.

DNP, LP, DNP in that order.

RoanokeFan
12-29-2011, 11:38 AM

What games have you been watching all year?

We all have opinions, right?

TroyArcher
12-29-2011, 03:02 PM

He is supposed to get a push. A major issue with the run defense this year is the lack of push from our defensive tackles. Cofield has been missed. Canty is more suited to play Defensive End.

Tony Bruno
12-29-2011, 03:10 PM
He is no Suh thats for sure...

Kase-1
12-29-2011, 03:22 PM

He is supposed to get a push. A major issue with the run defense this year is the lack of push from our defensive tackles. Cofield has been missed. Canty is more suited to play Defensive End.You guys are funny.

Canty is having one of the best seasons for DT's in the NFL. He's having a better season than Darnell Dockett, Suh, Tommie Harris, Sedrick Ellis, Jon Babineaux, Mike Patterson, Jon Henderson, Kevin Williams, Kelly Gregg, Fred Robbins, Cofield, etc, etc.

Yet because our GM signed him to a bad contract all of you guys are way too ready to pack him up and ship him out of town, when all he's done is played damned well, stuck to the LOS and makes plays at or behind the line. If we had a MIKE LB then maybe his good play would result in more stops, but since Goff has been out our run D has suffered GREATLY

Tony Bruno
12-29-2011, 03:26 PM

He is supposed to get a push. A major issue with the run defense this year is the lack of push from our defensive tackles. Cofield has been missed. Canty is more suited to play Defensive End.You guys are funny.*

Canty is having one of the best seasons for DT's in the NFL.* He's having a better season than Darnell Dockett, Suh, Tommie Harris, Sedrick Ellis, Jon Babineaux, Mike Patterson, Jon Henderson, Kevin Williams, Kelly Gregg, Fred Robbins, Cofield, etc, etc.

Yet because our GM signed him to a bad contract all of you guys are way too ready to pack him up and ship him out of town, when all he's done is played damned well, stuck to the LOS and makes plays at or behind the line.* If we had a MIKE LB then maybe his good play would result in more stops, but since Goff has been out our run D has suffered GREATLY

LOL!!! Canty is that you??? I hope to god you are not saying that he doing that good??? Suh??? Come on man!!! Suh has 8 less takles and missed 2 games...

Kase-1
12-29-2011, 03:35 PM

He is supposed to get a push. A major issue with the run defense this year is the lack of push from our defensive tackles. Cofield has been missed. Canty is more suited to play Defensive End.You guys are funny.

Canty is having one of the best seasons for DT's in the NFL. He's having a better season than Darnell Dockett, Suh, Tommie Harris, Sedrick Ellis, Jon Babineaux, Mike Patterson, Jon Henderson, Kevin Williams, Kelly Gregg, Fred Robbins, Cofield, etc, etc.

Yet because our GM signed him to a bad contract all of you guys are way too ready to pack him up and ship him out of town, when all he's done is played damned well, stuck to the LOS and makes plays at or behind the line. If we had a MIKE LB then maybe his good play would result in more stops, but since Goff has been out our run D has suffered GREATLY

LOL!!! Canty is that you??? I hope to god you are not saying that he doing that good??? Suh??? Come on man!!! Suh has 8 less takles and missed 2 games...And Suh has also been nothing but a letdown off of the field while Canty is the exact opposite.

God Forbid someone sticks up for players like Rolle or Canty, LOL

OK, maybe the Suh comparison was a little much, but who knows what would have happened in those 2 games, none the less you guys are going in way too hard on Canty. Is it his fault JReese blindly threw bags of money at him to sign for his hometown team??

Just because he isnt in the Pro Bowl and racking up double digit sacks as a hybrid 1/3 Tech DT doesnt mean he isnt having a great year. Him AND Linval are both having overlooked seasons, and us as Giants fans think nothing is happening or that theyre getting beat, but in actuallity the fact that we have no MLB let alone our best run stopper is killing us in the run game

ELIistheFRANCHISE
12-29-2011, 03:48 PM

He is supposed to get a push. A major issue with the run defense this year is the lack of push from our defensive tackles. Cofield has been missed. Canty is more suited to play Defensive End.You guys are funny.*

Canty is having one of the best seasons for DT's in the NFL.* He's having a better season than Darnell Dockett, Suh, Tommie Harris, Sedrick Ellis, Jon Babineaux, Mike Patterson, Jon Henderson, Kevin Williams, Kelly Gregg, Fred Robbins, Cofield, etc, etc.

Yet because our GM signed him to a bad contract all of you guys are way too ready to pack him up and ship him out of town, when all he's done is played damned well, stuck to the LOS and makes plays at or behind the line.* If we had a MIKE LB then maybe his good play would result in more stops, but since Goff has been out our run D has suffered GREATLY

LOL!!! Canty is that you??? I hope to god you are not saying that he doing that good??? Suh??? Come on man!!! Suh has 8 less takles and missed 2 games...And Suh has also been nothing but a letdown off of the field while Canty is the exact opposite.

OK, maybe the Suh comparison was a little much, but who knows what would have happened in those 2 games, none the less you guys are going in way too hard on Canty.* Is it his fault JReese blindly threw bags of money at him to sign for his hometown team??

Just because he isnt in the Pro Bowl and racking up double digit sacks as a hybrid 1/3 Tech DT doesnt mean he isnt having a great year.* Him AND Linval are both having overlooked seasons, and us as Giants fans think nothing is happening or that theyre getting beat, but in actuallity the fact that we have no MLB let alone our best run stopper is killing us in the run game

Yea I guess Canty was supposed to say "No JR keep all the cash, dont want to upset the fans!"
I like canty, he is overpaid, but it aint his fault. I brought up the question, has he played DE at all this year, if we had a solid mike backer the running yardage from opposing teams would not be as much.

Kase-1
12-29-2011, 03:55 PM

Yet because our GM signed him to a bad contract all of you guys are way too ready to pack him up and ship him out of town, when all he's done is played damned well, stuck to the LOS' and makes plays at or behind the line.* If we had a MIKE LB then maybe his good play would result in more stops, but since Goff has been out our run D has suffered GREATLY

LOL!!! Canty is that you??? I hope to god you are nbgot saying that he doing that good??? Suh??? Come on man!!! Suh has 8 less takles and missed 2 games...And Suh has also been nothing but a letdown off of the field while Canty is the exact opposite.

OK, maybe the Suh comparison was a little much, but who knows what would have happened in those 2 games, none the less you guys are going in way too hard on Canty.* Is it his fault JReese blindly threw bags of money at him to sign for his hometown team??

Just because he isnt in the Pro Bowl and racking up double digit sacks as a hybrid 1/3 Tech DT doesnt mean he isnt having a great year.* Him AND Linval are both having overlooked seasons, and us as Giants fans think nothing is happening or that theyre getting beat, but in actuallity the fact that we have no MLB let alone our best run stopper is killing us in the run game

Yea I guess Canty was supposed to say "No JR keep all the cash, dont want to upset the fans!"
I like canty, he is overpaid, but it aint his fault. I brought up the question, has he played DE at all this year, if we had a solid mike backer the running yardage from opposing teams would not be as much.I'm a Canty fan (I'm a fan of all nflers from the Tri-State) but its PAINFULLY obvious we overpayed. He's not gonna see DE time in our scheme cause 3-4de to 4-3dt is a relativley easy transition but everyone that looks past what we're forced to see on tv knows Canty and Linval are having nice years

Tony Bruno
12-29-2011, 04:05 PM

I like them both lets get that striaght but to think about a guy with Cantys size he should be mauling those Olineman... Last I checked were ranked near the bottom in stopping the run... If I recall stopping the run is on the DTs more than the DEs right??? Now I will say having rookie LBs dont help Canty and Joseph but I think we have more issues with LBs... Im mean to have a guy like KIWI (who is way better with his hand int he dirt) IMO should be playing MLB if anywhere but the guys at DE will not allow him to be there... Ive seen him sniff many run plays out that Id have him in the middle due to size, span, another pass rusher when called, and anything you want to add..

Rolle is one of the best D players we have... He has been playong out of position all year.. Thisnk back last year when we had him at the LOS... He was a terror...

Kase-1
01-02-2012, 12:21 PM
<font color="#FF0000">Oh man if last night proved anything, it proved that Chris Canty Sucks!!!</font>

LOL

lttaylor56
01-02-2012, 12:33 PM
Canty is the Man! It was great seeing Jerry Jones wallow again. Poor *******.