PDA

View Full Version : JPP/UMENYOR***

gianta
12-28-2011, 05:46 PM
What happens to JPP if Osi plays Sunday??

I hope Coughlin realizes that JPP is the one that needs to play DE.I don't know how else to use Osi,but the Giants will have to figure that out.

Firenugget
12-28-2011, 05:48 PM
They go back to the original idea of rotating and staying fresh. It's a good thing.

DemandedAce
12-28-2011, 05:50 PM
They better just establish a rotation so that JPP can be a critical component in the fourth quarter, that being said they better not detract from his game just to get Osi some snaps

gianta
12-28-2011, 05:56 PM
They go back to the original idea of rotating and staying fresh. It's a good thing.

I hope you are right.

TuckYou
12-28-2011, 05:59 PM
Osi and Tuck can split.BACKFLIPS ALL NIGHT

Defcon4
12-28-2011, 06:08 PM
It's a great problem to have. I want JPP on running downs for sure. Bring Osi in on 3rd and long situations.

jomo
12-28-2011, 06:14 PM
It's a great problem to have. I want JPP on running downs for sure. Bring Osi in on 3rd and long situations.It is not a problem at all. JPP plays most downs, Osi gives him a rest every once in a great while.

Firenugget
12-28-2011, 06:25 PM
*per JPP on Osi being back... "It's good, now I can get a chance to rest" "It's good, that rest will help me alot, 80 snaps a game is alot". "Doesn't matter if I start or not, I'm still gonna play hard no matter what".

So there you have it.

fourth&forever
12-28-2011, 07:07 PM
*per JPP on Osi being back... "It's good, now I can get a chance to rest" "It's good, that rest will help me alot, 80 snaps a game is alot". "Doesn't matter if I start or not, I'm still gonna play hard no matter what".

So there you have it.

I love JPP. Talented and no ego.

gmen46
12-28-2011, 07:21 PM

So there you have it.

Again, thank god for JPP's high school health teacher (aka, football coach), for brow beating him onto the gridiron.

G-Men Surg.
12-28-2011, 07:22 PM
What happens to JPP if Osi plays Sunday??

I hope Coughlin realizes that JPP is the one that needs to play DE.I don't know how else to use Osi,but the Giants will have to figure that out.

What happens ?!?! The krackens finally will be together and ready to let them loose!

daynemustgo
12-28-2011, 07:36 PM
How quickly many of us forget how much damage Osi can do. If he's healthy, the sky is the limit for the DLine.

G-Men Surg.
12-28-2011, 07:51 PM
How quickly many of us forget how much damage Osi can do. If he's healthy, the sky is the limit for the DLine.
No doubt about it ! He seems like always quietly has very good games against the cowpies ! No better time IMO to have Osi back !

SweetZombieJesus
12-28-2011, 07:54 PM
There is no way in hell that Osi reclaims the starting spot. That ship has sailed.

Osi sees time in relief and maybe in NASCAR where all our rushing DEs are on the field at once.

fourth&forever
12-28-2011, 08:00 PM

So there you have it.

Again, thank god for JPP's high school health teacher (aka, football coach), for brow beating him onto the gridiron.
What an incredible beginning for him.
I feel extremely fortunate to have watched Taylor, Carson, Banks etc.
Perhaps JPP will spark a return to defensive excellence. I dearly miss it.

julez
12-28-2011, 08:19 PM
kinda curious, but does JPP get any good pressure from the DT spot?
Ive only seen him sack the qb from the DE spot

BlueSanta
12-28-2011, 08:20 PM

But thats not at all what they did before. Osi played right end and JPP spent most his time at other spots along the line. So essentially he filled in for others, usually at the dt position. His stats suffered at that position as well.

Its needs to change. JPP should be in for most of the downs. He has earned it.

Ive been saying it for 2 years now, Osi is a situational player. He should be on the field for passing downs only. He has high value as a edge rusher on passing downs and low value in just about every other situation.

gmen46
12-28-2011, 08:24 PM

So there you have it.

What an incredible beginning for him.
I feel extremely fortunate to have watched Taylor, Carson, Banks etc.
Perhaps JPP will spark a return to defensive excellence. I dearly miss it.

It is my belief he will.

And Tuck should return to his best level of play next year, and potentially for the next 3-4 years as well.

Hopefully, we retain Kiwi with one more contract. And, even though many here hate the role he's been placed in this year, it's my belief that if he continues in his "tween" role of LB/DE, he will complete a mighty powerful threesome in our front 7 for several years to come.

Add at least a very good MLB, and we will be fearsome, no lie.