PDA

View Full Version : The reason why myself & everyone else is being so hard on Nicks lately..

NYG4lifeNYK
12-28-2011, 07:25 PM
Is because this guy isn't just a very good receiver, he's a GREAT, elite receiver & I thought he would step into the top 5 this season.

For mostly anyone else 71 REC, 1,116 yards, 6 TD's is a really good season.

Nicks has the capability of being an 85+ REC, 1,200-1300+, 13+ TD receiver in this league.

That's the only reason for the criticism & I think everyone else sees it like that.

jomo
12-28-2011, 07:39 PM
Is because this guy isn't just a very good receiver, he's a GREAT, elite receiver & I thought he would step into the top 5 this season.

Nicks has the capability of being an 85+ REC, 1,200-1300+, 13+ TD receiver in this league.

That's the only reason for the criticism & I think everyone else sees it like that.
I agreee with your points and frustration. He has had more lack of concentration this year than in the past. I wonder if something is going on in his personal life or maybe he's still trying to adjust to so many double teams..............doesn't know what to do when he pops free...................or maybe he's trying too hard to live up to the expectations. Let's hope for a stellar return to form on Sunday. Go Nicks! GO GIANTS!!

fourth&forever
12-28-2011, 07:39 PM
He's previously proven to have great hands. Yeah dropping so many is concerning. Makes me wonder if he needs glasses.

Buckeroo
12-28-2011, 07:45 PM

</P>

thats obvious Bro. If he sucked no one would care...</P>

</P>

</P>

jomo
12-28-2011, 07:47 PM
Is because this guy isn't just a very good receiver, he's a GREAT, elite receiver &amp; I thought he would step into the top 5 this season.

That's the only reason for the criticism &amp; I think everyone else sees it like that.
</P>

</P>

</P>That's not true on these boards. Sinorice Moss sucked and people here cared alot. [:D]

TheEnigma
12-28-2011, 07:51 PM
There's no doubt that Nicks needs to step up and get this catching issue solved. Really, the entire receiving core as a whole needs to work on this. It always seems we have one or two guys down in the slumps. Cruz had his period, Ballard did in the middle of the season, and now it's Nicks.

One thing that people need to appreciate more about Nicks though is the fact he took so much attention away from Cruz and helped him have his break out season.

Buckeroo
12-28-2011, 07:52 PM
Is because this guy isn't just a very good receiver, he's a GREAT, elite receiver &amp; I thought he would step into the top 5 this season.

That's the only reason for the criticism &amp; I think everyone else sees it like that.
</P>

</P>

</P>

That's not true on these boards. Sinorice Moss sucked and people here cared alot. [:D]</P>

true.....but they didnt care that he sucked they cared why he was still on the team......</P>

NYG4lifeNYK
12-28-2011, 07:56 PM

I agreee with your points and frustration. He has had more lack of concentration this year than in the past. I wonder if something is going on in his personal life or maybe he's still trying to adjust to so many double teams..............doesn't know what to do when he pops free...................or maybe he's trying too hard to live up to the expectations. Let's hope for a stellar return to form on Sunday. Go
Nicks! GO GIANTS!!

+1

Some people say it's the gloves he's been using? lol.. who knows but wasn't he previously using the white ones? Aha

NYG4lifeNYK
12-28-2011, 07:56 PM

</p>

thats obvious Bro. If he sucked no one would care...</p>

</p>

</p>That's not true on these boards. Sinorice Moss sucked and people here cared alot. [:D]

Lord knows.... hahaha

NYG4lifeNYK
12-28-2011, 07:58 PM
There's no doubt that Nicks needs to step up and get this catching issue solved. Really, the entire receiving core as a whole needs to work on this. It always seems we have one or two guys down in the slumps. Cruz had his period, Ballard did in the middle of the season, and now it's Nicks.

One thing that people need to appreciate more about Nicks though is the fact he took so much attention away from Cruz and helped him have his break out season.

It really is eerie that when one player has a drop they come like flies to a dumpster... they come in bunches... such HUGE drops with Nicks though which is why it's the most frustrating &amp; magnified.

jomo
12-28-2011, 07:58 PM

</P>

</P>

</P>That's not true on these boards. Sinorice Moss sucked and people here cared alot. [:D]

Lord knows.... hahaha
lol how many threads did we endure on that one NYG4life? Over a three year period, they could probably be counted in the hundreds!

NYG4lifeNYK
12-28-2011, 08:02 PM

</p>

</p>

</p>That's not true on these boards. Sinorice Moss sucked and people here cared alot. [:D]

Lord knows.... hahaha
lol how many threads did we endure on that one NYG4life? Over a three year period, they could probably be counted in the hundreds!

Honestly....... well over 100...(in one season!) much to my chagrin I defended Sinorice because I felt he had a skill set that wasn't be utilized in this personnel.

lmao... I ate mounds of crow.. don't exactly know what happened with Sinorice other than he was a smurf... Watch the poster named smurf show up out of no where now [:D]

Roosevelt
12-28-2011, 08:05 PM

Reminiscent of others being tough on Eli when he struggles, no?

Now let's see if anyone looks to place the blame for Nicks' slump elsewhere.

TuckYou
12-28-2011, 08:07 PM

</P>

</P>

</P>

That's not true on these boards. Sinorice Moss sucked and people here cared alot. [:D]</P>

I think they cared because he was a 2nd round pick we moved up to get. Kinda like Barden, a 3rd round pick we moved up to get. If you move up to get someone you really covet them and think they are worth it. Moss had great hands, but I guess could not get the seperation needed to become an NFL receiver. </P>

AceOspadZ4
12-28-2011, 08:11 PM
Outside of Calvin Johnson, Larry Fitzgerald, and (a healthy) Andre Johnson there is no other receiver I'd rather have than Hakeem Nicks. Obviously you'd like to see the drops eliminated but it happens. TO was known to have bad drops and even though everyone hated him , you can't deny he was an all-time great receiver in this league. You can't teach natural talent and Nicks is loaded with it

scf424
12-28-2011, 08:14 PM
It's just a concentration issue. It doesn't help that he had Revis on him, who, no doubt, stepped his game up due to Cruz/Nicks calling him out.

I've said it before, Nicks will get his against Dallas, their secondary absolutely cannot cover the guy, he regularly eats Terrence Newman's lunch.

daynemustgo
12-28-2011, 08:25 PM

so when Mario drops TDs (SF, DALL) you dont get as mad because he isn't what you would consider to be top tier?

chasjay
12-28-2011, 08:26 PM

There is a point in there, Rosie, but it isn't quite as cut and dried as you make it sound. There are many more external influences that can affect any particular play by a QB than that of a WR. I do accept that Eli is too talented to be throwing 25 picks a year - which I think was your main point.

NYG4lifeNYK
12-28-2011, 08:27 PM

so when Mario drops TDs (SF, DALL) you dont get as mad because he isn't what you would consider to be top tier?

Come on now I never said that... I just said we expect more from Nicks because of the talent that's there which is why he's our #1

chasjay
12-28-2011, 08:31 PM

</p>

</p>

A+ - if you like your comments dry (and I do), jomo's your guy

gmen46
12-28-2011, 08:45 PM

</P>

*</P>

*</P>That's not true on these boards. Sinorice Moss sucked and people here cared alot. [:D]

Where is GWAT when we need him?

How dare you diss Moss like that! Why, if only he had an opportunity............

Roosevelt
12-28-2011, 09:28 PM

There is a point in there, Rosie, but it isn't quite as cut and dried as you make it sound. There are many more external influences that can affect any particular play by a QB than that of a WR. I do accept that Eli is too talented to be throwing 25 picks a year - which I think was your main point.

Hey Chas,

No doubt what you said is true. Eli should not be a 25 INT QB. He is indeed better then that, and if he's throwing that many, he's not playing as well as he should.

But my main point is that the OP is doing what others have done to Eli when he's not playing his best. And there's nothing wrong with that.

jomo
12-28-2011, 11:25 PM

</P>

</P>

A+ - if you like your comments dry (and I do), jomo's your guy
Grazie! [B]

JJC7301
12-28-2011, 11:55 PM
Nicks is good enough. I more concerned about getting AB or BJ back up to 1,200+ yards rushing for one of them.

dinz
12-29-2011, 08:02 AM
If he catches the winning ball on sunday, i will be happy.

jakegibbs
12-29-2011, 08:36 AM

</P>

*</P>

*</P>That's not true on these boards. Sinorice Moss sucked and people here cared alot. [:D]

My Goodness a name from the past. How quickly they come & go. Did Moss put up any career stats worthy of conversation? Don't ever remember him having any big years. Another JR blunder huh....

jakegibbs
12-29-2011, 09:15 AM

If he makes the 2 catches he dropped for TD's against the skins he'd have 73 rec 1201 yds & 8 TDs.

Buckeroo
12-29-2011, 10:04 AM

If he makes the 2 catches he dropped for TD's against the skins he'd have 73 rec 1201 yds &amp; 8 TDs.</P>

but he didnt.....so whats the point???</P>

if I won the lottery last week I'd be a millionair.....but I didnt so I am still broke...</P>

</P>