PDA

View Full Version : Cruz says Giants receivers going "No Sleeeves": against Boys...........

FBomb
12-28-2011, 08:25 PM
Sorry, no link....was just watching TWIF and they were talking to VC.</P>

It was an answer to a question Howard Cross asked about all the drops. He said it was a lack of focus and may be due to the change in weather.</P>

TIME TO MAN UP!!!!!</P>

DragonSoul
12-28-2011, 09:19 PM
Not sure how not having sleeves will keep them focused if its cold. Wouldn't they be concentrating more on the coldness then the ball lol?

krygny
12-28-2011, 09:49 PM
O-linemen and D-linemen are real big on showing off their guns, especially on the coldest days. It proves nothing other than you're too pig-headed to give yourself every advantage you can.

And as for WRs? Well, you're supposed to catch a football the same way you catch any other ball - with your hands, not your arms. So there's that.

Wear the underarmor and stay warm and loose.

the_fish62
12-28-2011, 09:57 PM
I loved showing mine off, I never wore sleeve.

RobCarpenter
12-28-2011, 10:03 PM
O-linemen and D-linemen are real big on showing off their guns, especially on the coldest days. It proves nothing other than you're too pig-headed to give yourself every advantage you can.

And as for WRs? Well, you're supposed to catch a football the same way you catch any other ball - with your hands, not your arms. So there's that.

Wear the underarmor and stay warm and loose.
</P>

+1</P>

I've always thought this shirtless stuff was stupid. Give yourself...and your team every adavntage you can.</P>

Buckeroo
12-28-2011, 10:06 PM
not gonna be that cold. above freezing....

JJC7301
12-28-2011, 11:04 PM
Go out there with a jacket if need be. Who cares about being sleeveless on a cold day? The Pack thought that the Giants were going to be bugged out by the cold weather in the NFC Championship game, and it was the Giants that played better that game. Don't expect the Cowboys to be intimidated by going sleeveless.

krygny
12-28-2011, 11:44 PM
Go out there with a jacket if need be. Who cares about being sleeveless on a cold day? The Pack thought that the Giants were going to be bugged out by the cold weather in the NFC Championship game, and it was the Giants that played better that game. Don't expect the Cowboys to be intimidated by going sleeveless.
IIRC, Strahan wore underarmor that game. And why shouldn't he? Man enough to be called a ***** with a 10-table ring.

gmen0820
12-28-2011, 11:46 PM
Not sure how not having sleeves will keep them focused if its cold. Wouldn't they be concentrating more on the coldness then the ball lol?Doesn't the cold heighten awareness?

gmen0820
12-28-2011, 11:51 PM
Go out there with a jacket if need be. Who cares about being sleeveless on a cold day? The Pack thought that the Giants were going to be bugged out by the cold weather in the NFC Championship game, and it was the Giants that played better that game. Don't expect the Cowboys to be intimidated by going sleeveless.http://usversusthem.files.wordpress.com/2008/01/green-bay-bikini-girls.jpg

JJC7301
12-28-2011, 11:52 PM
IIRC, Strahan wore underarmor that game. And why shouldn't he? Man enough to be called a ***** with a 10-table ring.

Yep, Strahan thought it was nuts to go out in that game without sleeves and I agree with him.

JJC7301
12-28-2011, 11:53 PM
Go out there with a jacket if need be. Who cares about being sleeveless on a cold day? The Pack thought that the Giants were going to be bugged out by the cold weather in the NFC Championship game, and it was the Giants that played better that game. Don't expect the Cowboys to be intimidated by going sleeveless.http://usversusthem.files.wordpress.com/2008/01/green-bay-bikini-girls.jpg
Those 3 hotties are probably deceased from pneumonia.

gmen0820
12-28-2011, 11:56 PM
Those 3 hotties are probably deceased from pneumonia.:(

touchdown44
12-29-2011, 12:21 AM
those under armour sleeves are slippery, if the ball hits them it can slip right off. cotton is better in my opinion

ShakeNBake
12-29-2011, 12:42 AM
Not sure how not having sleeves will keep them focused if its cold. Wouldn't they be concentrating more on the coldness then the ball lol?Doesn't the cold heighten awareness?

Cold heightens awareness but your body also reduces blood flow to the extremities and the first to go are the hands and feet. Gotta keep warm.

Harooni
12-29-2011, 02:11 AM
this is interesting because rumor has it Weatherford intends to go into the game bottomless.

Bread
12-29-2011, 02:15 AM
Those 3 hotties are probably deceased from pneumonia.Classy.

DragonSoul
12-29-2011, 02:33 AM
this is interesting because rumor has it Weatherford intends to go into the game bottomless.

1 - leave it harooni to find this.

2 - thought we couldn't post half naked men/women. I protest!

greenca190
12-29-2011, 02:42 AM
Sorry, no link....was just watching TWIF and they were talking to VC.</P>

It was an answer to a question Howard Cross asked about all the drops.* He said it was a lack of focus and may be due to the change in weather.</P>

TIME TO MAN UP!!!!!</P>

I know running backs don't wear long sleeves to reduce the amount of fumbles.

Makes sense to me. Really don't think we need to look so deep into it though.

greenca190
12-29-2011, 02:45 AM

I like knowing our punter is capable of kicking the **** out of Romo.

ToomerFORtheBomb
12-29-2011, 03:05 AM
I love it. Being that the Cowboys are from Texas and used to the heat, this is really a mental thing. While they are in their long sleeves and still freezing there butts off, they will see the Giants with no sleaves and somewhere in their subconcious will be the idea that maybe they can't play in cold weather.

People can call this foolish pride or stupid but I think it's pretty clever actually.

greenca190
12-29-2011, 03:52 AM
I love it. Being that the Cowboys are from Texas and used to the heat, this is really a mental thing. While they are in their long sleeves and still freezing there butts off, they will see the Giants with no sleaves and somewhere in their subconcious will be the idea that maybe they can't play in cold weather.

People can call this foolish pride or stupid but I think it's pretty clever actually.

Am I the only one who thinks it's more so for ball possession more than anything?

dinz
12-29-2011, 07:57 AM
On Nfl live, looking at weather, it said 43 degrees, cant see that at 820 at night, but maybe a warm front coming in?? Whos the resident weather person out here? :)

krygny
12-29-2011, 08:20 AM
Low 40s, 25% chance of rain, winds SSW 8 mph.

http://forecast.weather.gov/MapClick.php?marine=0&amp;site=OKX&amp;zmx=1&amp;zmy=1&amp;FcstTyp e=graphical&amp;cl=407241741732

jakegibbs
12-29-2011, 08:38 AM
Not sure how not having sleeves will keep them focused if its cold. Wouldn't they be concentrating more on the coldness then the ball lol?

Coat their hands & arms with stick up then you'd have to pry the balls loose from them. The old players did that a lot.

jakegibbs
12-29-2011, 08:39 AM

Coat their hands & arms with stick um then you'd have to pry the balls loose from them. The old players did that a lot.

C1010
12-29-2011, 03:36 PM
Im pretty sure the O and D line also avoid sleeves because the opposing team can easily grab and grip the sleeves.

G-Man67
12-29-2011, 03:41 PM
i could see no sleeves helping with ball security after the catch

but during the catch would seem to be more of a gloves/no gloves debate since they should be using their hands to catch the ball and not their body/arms

jjj45
12-29-2011, 03:44 PM
lol what a stud

yatitle
12-29-2011, 03:53 PM
Low 40s, 25% chance of rain, winds SSW 8 mph.

http://forecast.weather.gov/MapClick.php?marine=0&amp;site=OKX&amp;zmx=1&amp;zmy=1&amp;FcstTyp e=graphical&amp;cl=407241741732

Not exactly the O Lineman and Tuck going sleeveless in NFC championship in Green bay