PDA

View Full Version : Mathias Kiwanuka: We are looking to pitch a SHUTOUT!

ELIistheFRANCHISE
12-28-2011, 08:24 PM
Kiwi sounds awfully confident...very anxious to see our Giants come out and play this weekend.

http://www.giants101.com/2011/12/28/mathias-kiwanuka-new-york-giants-defense-looking-to-pitch-a-shutout-sunday/

DragonSoul
12-28-2011, 08:28 PM
Just read that myself. Eh not a big fan of it. Almost all their talk has gone unto deaf ears. As mostly every time they barked, they got put in the pen w/o food.

FlyingTruck
12-28-2011, 08:35 PM
Just read that myself. Eh not a big fan of it. Almost all their talk has gone unto deaf ears. As mostly every time they barked, they got put in the pen w/o food.If it's Rolle or Tuck talking I really don't care. Kiwi actually shows up and plays usually.

Defcon4
12-28-2011, 08:39 PM
C'mon guys. Our defense is capable of a lot fo things pitching a shut out is not one of them. I'm no trolling I'm being a realist. I'll consider limiting the Cowboys to three TDs an impressive victory for this defense.

FBomb
12-28-2011, 08:40 PM
Oh no! I guess "shut up fatboy" doesn't apply to Giants players?</P>

Please, let's just handle our business without all the talking!!</P>

sinn fein
12-28-2011, 08:52 PM
shutout. seriously?

GiantWarfare
12-28-2011, 09:19 PM
lol hahahah

shutout????

Please.

I'd love nothing but to eat crow on this but I'm quite sure I won't have to...

Buckeroo
12-28-2011, 09:24 PM
some of you may be taking that quote out of context. </P>

I think he is saying that on defense you are always trying to prevent the other team from scoring. Its a basic defensive goal......</P>

I dont think he was being arrogant about it at all....</P>

JJC7301
12-28-2011, 09:46 PM
Just read that myself. Eh not a big fan of it. Almost all their talk has gone unto deaf ears. As mostly every time they barked, they got put in the pen w/o food.
+1. Let the other team do the talking in the papers and over the airways. Giants should do their talking on the field.

It ain't bragging if you can do it, but in the Giants case they should stop bragging.

YATittle1962
12-28-2011, 09:51 PM
its all about context

'If we play a complete game from beginning to end, we'll pitch a shutout," Kiwanuka said. "Which is what our goal is."

Mathias is not a smack talk guy

and in no way shape or form was this "bragging"

M0rbid
12-28-2011, 09:58 PM
This defense couldn't even shutout the Deadskin.

ELIistheFRANCHISE
12-28-2011, 10:09 PM
its all about context

'If we play a complete game from beginning to end, we'll pitch a shutout," Kiwanuka said. "Which is what our goal is."

Yeah he wasnt bragging, just speaking of the D's potential when they play on all cylinders.

Buckeroo
12-28-2011, 10:12 PM
its all about context 'If we play a complete game from beginning to end, we'll pitch a shutout," Kiwanuka said. "Which is what our goal is." Mathias is not a smack talk guy and in no way shape or form was this "bragging"</P>

no doubt</P>

</P>

Bigbluereckingcrew
12-28-2011, 10:19 PM
Well the feagles almost did it, y not,,,,

krygny
12-28-2011, 10:57 PM
STFU and play.

G-Men Surg.
12-28-2011, 11:23 PM
its all about context

Correct .

Weygand
12-29-2011, 12:33 AM
Kiwi sounds awfully confident...very anxious to see our Giants come out and play this weekend

Which quarter?

BklynBlue
12-29-2011, 06:50 AM
Kiwi sounds awfully confident...very anxious to see our Giants come out and play this weekend.

http://www.giants101.com/2011/12/28/mathias-kiwanuka-new-york-giants-defense-looking-to-pitch-a-shutout-sunday/

I like Kiwi, and he is rarely the one to bark. That being said, I wish they would all shut up and come out and play the game.

Buckeroo
12-29-2011, 07:00 AM
still cant believe that some of you guys think Kiwi is talking smack when he is obviously being taken out of context to what a defense, any defenses, basic goal is. That is to keep the other team from scoring. EVERY defense in NFL wants to pitch a shut out. Thats how the game plan is supposed to go right?? Just like each offensive series is "supposed" end in a score. </P>

Kiwi is not talk trash and he is not blatanly saying that Dallas isnt going to score. A little common sense here works wonders...</P>

</P>

</P>

</P>

chasjay
12-29-2011, 07:36 AM
Kiwi is just a victim of the media Sound Bite World. The focus of the reports is not on all the "if's" and other qualifiers Kiwi used - they jump straight on the "shutout" part. A player can't depend on the media to convey his true meaning - they'll only convey the headline words.

Of course I wish he hadn't given them the opportunity to twist his words that way.

SweetZombieJesus
12-29-2011, 08:30 AM
Holding anybody under 40 is an accomplishment for this defense.

Redeyejedi
12-29-2011, 08:46 AM
Has the definition of shutout been changed to giving up 30 points because then yes they will pitch a shutout

OrangeGiant
12-29-2011, 08:53 AM
One good game and now were capable of pitching a shutout. I know he wasn't really talking smack, but the way this defense has played this year, it's best to just let the play do the talking. Like last week. </P>

Players get their motivation anyway they can. Yes, playing for the division and the playoffs or bust should be motivation enough. Not that this is serious bulletin board material, but I'd rather it not have been said. Antrell Rolle says we'd beat the Skins 99 out of 100 times before the game and what happens? They get motivated and beat us. The Jets talk crap all week and cover up the SB banners. What happens? The defense plays the best game of the season.</P>

It was 1 game against a team who offensively really doesn't scare anyone. Let's shut Dallas out Sunday, and then talk after.</P>

barran21
12-29-2011, 08:57 AM
Typical Giants talking too much, they gave fueled the Deadskins who just loss to the Vikqueens, and now they giving the Cowboys bulletin board material....

GameTime
12-29-2011, 09:00 AM
still cant believe that some of you guys think Kiwi is talking smack when he is obviously being taken out of context to what a defense, any defenses, basic goal is. That is to keep the other team from scoring. EVERY defense in NFL wants to pitch a shut out. Thats how the game plan is supposed to go right?? Just like each offensive series is "supposed" end in a score. </P>

Kiwi is not talk trash and he is not blatanly saying that Dallas isnt going to score. A little common sense here works wonders...</P>

</P>

Exactly Buckeroo...</P>

Kiwi's statement is taken totally out of context and anyone who thinks other wise is not really comprhending what he is saying. </P>

Its not BB material and its not trash talk. When the heck has Kiwi ever talked trash?? Never..</P>

</P>

OrangeGiant
12-29-2011, 09:10 AM
This is the point from the article, below. As benign as the comments really were-this is how it will be twisted:</P>

Although Kiwi's comment is far from trash talk, you can be assured it will be twisted and presented to the Cowboys in a manor that leads them to believe his words were "we're going to pitch a shutout on Sunday night." Of course they were not, but again, this is the Twitter age and lesser comments were made out to be far worse (want an example? Turn on TMZ any day and see for yourself</P>

Dont even give them anything that can be twisted. Just play the game.</P>

</P>

</P>

Moss#83
12-29-2011, 09:11 AM
Oh the irony in this thread...