PDA

View Full Version : Eli is the guy who has to step it up this season not the wr's

EA_Baracus
04-26-2009, 09:36 AM
He's gonna have to adjust to throwing to smaller targets and starting hitting guys in a position that they can get some rac yardage. The guys we have more than enough speed and ability to get open and make playsso I don't want to hear any excuses from the "Eli can do no wrong" crowd. All the talk and panicof thinking weneed an all pro #1wr is proof thatpeople don't have full confidence in Manning in my opinion. The comfort lobbing the ball in the vicinity of big targets in Plax and Toomer is gone.</P>

Pakman
04-26-2009, 09:41 AM
well thats exactly what my concern is Eli ...I dont think he can hit these targets consistently

But if eli can step it up we should be ok

Coach Carter
04-26-2009, 10:00 AM
He's gonna have to adjust to throwing to smaller targets and starting hitting guys in a position that they can get some rac yardage. The guys we have more than enough speed and ability to get open and make playsso I don't want to hear any excuses from the "Eli can do no wrong" crowd. All the talk and panicof thinking weneed an all pro #1wr is proof thatpeople don't have full confidence in Manning in my opinion. The comfort lobbing the ball in the vicinity of big targets in Plax and Toomer is gone.</p>

Dude, be careful, you can't say stuff like that around here. I completely agree with you, and I will take it one step further and say, if you need a 6'6" tree to catch your errant passes, then you were NOT deserving of all the the draft picks we gave up to get you and you did not deserve to be the number one overall pick of the draft. A first round QB, especially the first pick of the entire draft, should be able to make all throws and make the players around him better.

SmuGiant2008
04-26-2009, 10:37 AM
You guys are so ****ing stupid. If you dont like Eli then find a new team you crying little *****es. The guy won us a mother ****ing super bowl already... then led us to being the #1 team in the NFC the year after that. Not to mention he has never missed the playoffs since he became the full time starter. Some of you cry babies make me sick

YATittle1962
04-26-2009, 10:40 AM
He's gonna have to adjust to throwing to smaller targets and starting hitting guys in a position that they can get some rac yardage. The guys we have more than enough speed and ability to get open and make playsso I don't want to hear any excuses from the "Eli can do no wrong" crowd. All the talk and panicof thinking weneed an all pro #1wr is proof thatpeople don't have full confidence in Manning in my opinion. The comfort lobbing the ball in the vicinity of big targets in Plax and Toomer is gone.</p>

Nicks 6' 1"

Burress 6' 4"

3 inches is not that big of a difference especially with Nicks wingspan...

I am not saying Nicks is Burress by any stretch and Im not even a huge Nicks fan but.........

you guys sound like our receivers are 5' 5"

Giant Ant
04-26-2009, 10:43 AM
So, receivers getting consistent separation, catching the deep ball, and being open is not a concern. </P>

Adjusting the offense to compensate for the lack of a big time deep threat,and highlight the strengths we have is not a concern.</P>

Eli struggled at the end, yes, but saying that he is only one who has to improve is as myopic as saying only the receivers need to improve.</P>

eli#10nyg
04-26-2009, 10:44 AM
You guys are so ****ing stupid. If you dont like Eli then find a new team you crying little *****es. The guy won us a mother ****ing super bowl already... then led us to being the #1 team in the NFC the year after that. Not to mention he has never missed the playoffs since he became the full time starter. Some of you cry babies make me sick
</P>

lmfao. i think this is what they were afraid of, speaking their opinion and having some eli fan boy step up and smack them down. damn you fools, how dare you speak your opinion.</P>

eli#10nyg
04-26-2009, 10:46 AM
He's gonna have to adjust to throwing to smaller targets and starting hitting guys in a position that they can get some rac yardage. The guys we have more than enough speed and ability to get open and make playsso I don't want to hear any excuses from the "Eli can do no wrong" crowd. All the talk and panicof thinking weneed an all pro #1wr is proof thatpeople don't have full confidence in Manning in my opinion. The comfort lobbing the ball in the vicinity of big targets in Plax and Toomer is gone.</P>

</P>

our wideouts dropped alot of catchable balls this past season. someone had a link posted in one of the threads and our widouts really screwed eli over, and he still had decent numbers. that being said eli does choke at times, it gets frustrating, but not as frustrating as watching dave brown and kent graham single handedly lose games for us, so i'm still behind eli. he does need to step it up though.</P>

eli#10nyg
04-26-2009, 10:48 AM

<FONT size=5>Dude, be careful, you can't say stuff like that around here</FONT>. I completely agree with you, and I will take it one step further and say, if you need a 6'6" tree to catch your errant passes, then you were NOT deserving of all the the draft picks we gave up to get you and you did not deserve to be the number one overall pick of the draft. A first round QB, especially the first pick of the entire draft, should be able to make all throws and make the players around him better.
</P>

lol, yeah SMU, already smacked him down, lmao. you'd have better luck talking crap on eli to archie or peyton and coming away unscathed than you would around here, lol.</P>

LongIslandGiantFan
04-26-2009, 10:49 AM

<font color="#000000">Who cares if someone thinks Eli is terrible? Thats what these boards are for to discuss the NY Giants. Why don't you go outside for change and take a rest from these boards. You're getting way too upset over someone's opinion.</font>

Stoneroses63
04-26-2009, 10:52 AM
This is exactly what I've been trying to say all last night and today, and getting flamed for it. I agree you 100%. It's all on Eli next year. He has to turn into a different QB, a much better one.

Roosevelt
04-26-2009, 10:55 AM

Hold on their hoss.

While I agree an all, is there a bigger cry baby than you? [;)]

GiantsNASTAY
04-26-2009, 10:57 AM
It wasn't so much Eli was leading us... more like the team was carrying Eli. if you think about it Eli was one of the weakest links on the team.. Yes I admit Eli had a great 2007 playoff run.. but other than that when has Eli showed those abilities? He has to do some major improvements this year on consistency... IMO

YATittle1962
04-26-2009, 10:57 AM
you all sound like this is your first season watching football........

Since Del Shofner I cant think of another "#1" receiver up to PLax...........

relax Eli will be fine......yes Plax made some great catches and demanded double coverage and everything but his hands were nowhere near as good as Nicks .....

...and with Nicks wingspan he might as well be 6' 5"........

Im not saying he is Plax........but have some faith

LT= Lawrence Taylor
04-26-2009, 10:58 AM
<font color="#0000ff"><font size="3"><font size="6">I B</font><font color="#ff0000" size="6">ELI<font color="#0000ff">EVE

<font color="#000000"><font size="3">I just need some friends to jump on board</font></font>
</font></font></font></font>

Roosevelt
04-26-2009, 10:58 AM
This is exactly what I've been trying to say all last night and today, and getting flamed for it. I agree you 100%. It's all on Eli next year. He has to turn into a different QB, a much better one.

Exactly. Until he puts all 52 guys on his back and carries them over the end zone I'm wont be satisfied either. Brilliant.

Roosevelt
04-26-2009, 10:59 AM
Who let all these morons in?

YATittle1962
04-26-2009, 11:12 AM
<font color="#0000ff"><font size="3"><font size="6">I B</font><font color="#ff0000" size="6">ELI<font color="#0000ff">EVE

<font color="#000000"><font size="3">I just need some friends to jump on board</font></font>

LT im ridin shotgun.....

Nicks wingspan and magnetic hands makes him as good as a 6' 5" receiver.......

Eli will love this kid in the redzone.......

not to mention you cant press him

let them single cover this kid...they will get burnt all day

Pakman
04-26-2009, 11:21 AM

lmfaoooo ....you go find a new team

Eli needs to be more accurate point blank...

Bashum_Blue
04-26-2009, 11:29 AM

</P>

</P>

Only because you know best right? Why dont you stop watching football and go play with your lincoln logs or something. Eli is the Superbowl mvp, Been to the playoffs every year he's started a full year and one of the main reasons idiots like you are still Giants fans so get a grip on reality or just give up altogether. So sick of you ungrateful moronic fans. </P>

eli#10nyg
04-26-2009, 11:43 AM
<FONT color=#0000ff><FONT size=3><FONT size=6>I B</FONT><FONT color=#ff0000 size=6>ELI<FONT color=#0000ff>EVE

<FONT color=#000000><FONT size=3>I just need some friends to jump on board</FONT></FONT>
</FONT></FONT></FONT></FONT></P>

ordered my eli superbowl jersey last week![;)]</P>

eli#10nyg
04-26-2009, 11:44 AM
<FONT color=#0000ff><FONT size=3><FONT size=6>I B</FONT><FONT color=#ff0000 size=6>ELI<FONT color=#0000ff>EVE

<FONT color=#000000><FONT size=3>I just need some friends to jump on board</FONT></FONT>
</FONT></FONT></FONT></FONT>

LT im ridin shotgun.....

</P>

we got barden now too mother suckas, i hope he pans out, if so.....plax who?</P>

</P>

(he doesn't have plax's speed though, lol.)</P>

peerless
04-26-2009, 11:46 AM

</P>

what great QB dosent have a #1? and has won something?</P>

peerless
04-26-2009, 11:47 AM

Dude, be careful, you can't say stuff like that around here. I completely agree with you, and I will take it one step further and say, if you need a 6'6" tree to catch your errant passes, then you were NOT deserving of all the the draft picks we gave up to get you and you did not deserve to be the number one overall pick of the draft. A first round QB, especially the first pick of the entire draft, should be able to make all throws and make the players around him better.
</P>

or taking your team to the playoffs every years since becoming the stater</P>

TooEasy
04-26-2009, 11:48 AM

</p>

what great QB dosent have a #1? and has won something?</p>

Tom Brady before Randy Moss.

peerless
04-26-2009, 11:50 AM
So, receivers getting consistent separation, catching the deep ball, and being open is not a concern. </P>

Adjusting the offense to compensate for the lack of a big time deep threat,and highlight the strengths we have is not a concern.</P>

Eli struggled at the end, yes, but saying that he is only one who has to improve is as myopic as saying only the receivers need to improve.</P>

</P>

no none of that matter.......eli should be able to snap himself the ball drop back and then throw it to himself 50 yrds down the field with pinpoint accuracy</P>

peerless
04-26-2009, 11:54 AM
It wasn't so much Eli was leading us... more like the team was carrying Eli. if you think about it Eli was one of the weakest links on the team.. Yes I admit Eli had a great 2007 playoff run.. but other than that when has Eli showed those abilities? He has to do some major improvements this year on consistency... IMO</P>

you never saw any of elis many comebacks????????? or game tying drives??????</P>

lol idiot</P>

Hampton27 missed
04-26-2009, 01:02 PM
I had to lol at the Eli is the weak link comment. It just shows how much hatred you have for him and how much of an ulterior motive can affect someone's opinion.

nycsportzfan
04-26-2009, 01:07 PM
we got tremendous athletes now who can get the high throws and also very strong, nicks plays like hes 6-4, plus we got barden and beckum now, were set with the weapons, you add in smith and manningham, and are offense became a furture headache for defenses, i can't tell you enough how much we improved on offense today, and the days not over.

illmaticzeke
04-26-2009, 01:07 PM
I totally agree........Eli will have to be the one to step it up without a doubt.(PERIOD)

illmaticzeke
04-26-2009, 01:08 PM
we got tremendous athletes now who can get the high throws and also very strong, nicks plays like hes 6-4, plus we got barden and beckum now, were set with the weapons, you add in smith and manningham, and are offense became a furture headache for defenses, i can't tell you enough how much we improved on offense today, and the days not over.

Optomistic a bit eh? You don't know how any of these players are gonna be.

Harooni
04-26-2009, 01:21 PM

[Y]

illmaticzeke
04-26-2009, 01:23 PM
The fact is, until these players prove something to me, I will not jump the bandwagon. When the Giants drafted Moss, Manningham etc....everybody said the same thing about how they will make a huge impact and what not(alot simular to these threads about Nicks and Barden) and look what we got out of them..........

but trust me when i say this...I do believe in optomism.

LT= Lawrence Taylor
04-26-2009, 01:24 PM

LT im ridin shotgun.....

[Y]

Plus Barden is a tall and intimidating target.

I had some unhappy friends because "we didn't get Braylon! [:(] [:'(]" last night... lol

illmaticzeke
04-26-2009, 01:25 PM
and although I still want a proven WR...I still think these were the best picks for the Giants due to the current situation....Now its just a matter of waiting until training camp.

Harooni
04-26-2009, 01:26 PM
and although I still want a proven WR...I still think these were the best picks for the Giants due to the current situation....Now its just a matter of waiting until training camp.

isnt it up to Eli to find them open, hit them in stride and lower his throws so they are more catchable?

illmaticzeke
04-26-2009, 01:30 PM

isnt it up to Eli to find them open, hit them in stride and lower his throws so they are more catchable?

I kinda just feel like we know what we are getting out of Eli, he has been in this league long enough to basically see what he brings to the table come gametime so it's hard to say.....but yeah, he is definatly going to have to step it up, more so now I believe than ever before.

Hampton27 missed
04-26-2009, 01:38 PM

</P>

You do realize that Eli threw 20 TDs with Plax and Toomer rarely contributing? You do realize that the opportunities were limited with more of the running game being utilized? You do realize that there were horrible weather conditions for any QB to do well in which cut down those stats in big ways at the end of last year?</P>

Thats right, Eli should have played his best statistical year without his biggest receiving threats if it weren't for certain conditions and a meaningless game that entered into the equation. Sometimes I gotta wonder if you really watched the games or if you just like being part of that anti Eli crowd.....I'm guessing the latter.</P>

nycsportzfan
04-26-2009, 01:38 PM

Optomistic a bit eh? You don't know how any of these players are gonna be.
just very smart thats all, i have a gift, you didn't know? Were stocked up and thats that, every pick we made has excellnt college production and are all great at going up and getting it, trust me we got very good on offense in this draft, reese did exactly what i'd hoped, hes getting closer and closer to god like status around here, if you follow football draft as much as i do which is all yr long, mostly every day, than you'd know how good we did in this draft.

gumby742
04-26-2009, 01:40 PM
Eli has the next couple years to prove himself without Plax. I'm not even talking about going to the SB or the playoffs. He has to play well. Well enough to say, "Hey I'm doing all I can, it's the rest of the team that needs to show up."

There are plenty of QBs who have been successful, without having a stud #1. It's about time Eli shows us he's one of them and is worthy of his salary. If we struggle next year, is he going to be one of the people keeping us a float or will he struggle with the rest of the team.?

We have a great team now. Eli is in his prime and is no longer a young QB. The "he's getting better" excuse no longer holds water. With the money we're paying him he shoudl be good enough to play well without a stud WR - similar to what McNabb did for so many years in philly.

nycsportzfan

I kinda just feel like we know what we are getting out of Eli, he has been in this league long enough to basically see what he brings to the table come gametime so it's hard to say.....but yeah, he is definatly going to have to step it up, more so now I believe than ever before.
why do you think we drafted the guys we drafted? Reese knows how good eli is and what type of pass catchers makes eli at his best, and thats what he got.

Harooni

Thats all I am saying. of course the WR's have to cut down the drops ,run the right routes and get open. However Eli and gilbride have to step up as well.

illmaticzeke
04-26-2009, 01:43 PM

</p>

You do realize that Eli threw 20 TDs with Plax and Toomer rarely contributing? You do realize that the opportunities were limited with more of the running game being utilized? You do realize that there were horrible weather conditions for any QB to do well in which cut down those stats in big ways at the end of last year?</p>

Thats right, Eli should have played his best statistical year without his biggest receiving threats if it weren't for certain conditions and a meaningless game that entered into the equation. Sometimes I gotta wonder if you really watched the games or if you just like being part of that anti Eli crowd.....I'm guessing the latter.</p>

Its all good dude, Im allowed to have my opinions.....I find it funny that people have to stoop as low as saying Im anti Eli or not a fan because my opinion differs from theres......and Im a season ticket holder if you must know, Im actually probably one of the very few members from this board who had the oppurtunity to witness the Giants winning the Superbowl over the Pats live from Glendale, but you are right, I dont watch the games.

illmaticzeke
04-26-2009, 01:45 PM

Thats all I am saying. of course the WR's have to cut down the drops ,run the right routes and get open. However Eli and gilbride have to step up as well.

Yeah i agree with you dude, you are one of the few on this board who can see things from both sides of the fence, and value others opinions....much respect.

Hampton27 missed
04-26-2009, 01:46 PM

</P>

You do realize that Eli threw 20 TDs with Plax and Toomer rarely contributing? You do realize that the opportunities were limited with more of the running game being utilized? You do realize that there were horrible weather conditions for any QB to do well in which cut down those stats in big ways at the end of last year?</P>

Thats right, Eli should have played his best statistical year without his biggest receiving threats if it weren't for certain conditions and a meaningless game that entered into the equation. Sometimes I gotta wonder if you really watched the games or if you just like being part of that anti Eli crowd.....I'm guessing the latter.</P>

Its all good dude, Im allowed to have my opinions.....I find it funny that people have to stoop as low as saying Im anti Eli or not a fan because my opinion differs from theres......and Im a season ticket holder if you must know, Im actually probably one of the very few members from this board who had the oppurtunity to witness the Giants winning the Superbowl over the Pats live from Glendale, but you are right, I dont watch the games.
</P>

I didn't quote you, I quoted Harooni.</P>

illmaticzeke
04-26-2009, 01:48 PM
Oh....my bad dude.

Harooni
04-26-2009, 01:50 PM
Hampton im not anti-eli im Anti Eli going into his slumps toward the end of the seaosn and anti his adoring fan base.

but with Nicks ,hixon and Smith , Eli should be fine, all he has to do is control his wild high stuff. Nicks is the guy that can catch those throws Eli likes to throw behind the rec as well.

edwards hands and eli was a bad combo and reese knew it (thank god)

peerless
04-26-2009, 01:57 PM
Eli has the next couple years to prove himself without Plax. I'm not even talking about going to the SB or the playoffs. He has to play well. Well enough to say, "Hey I'm doing all I can, it's the rest of the team that needs to show up."

There are plenty of QBs who have been successful, without having a stud #1. It's about time Eli shows us he's one of them and is worthy of his salary. If we struggle next year, is he going to be one of the people keeping us a float or will he struggle with the rest of the team.?

We have a great team now. Eli is in his prime and is no longer a young QB. The "he's getting better" excuse no longer holds water. With the money we're paying him he shoudl be good enough to play well without a stud WR - similar to what McNabb did for so many years in philly.
</P>

you kill eli for his playoff game........but then say he needs to be more like mcnabb........mcnabb and eli looked prett much the same that game.........could it have been the weather?</P>

THEMASTER
04-26-2009, 01:59 PM

</P>

Man you opened the Eli can of worms....LOL. After the smoke cleared there is a tall capable receiver in the list of acquisitions. There is also some decent trading materials and of course that is always an option. Now to Eli. You are right, an improvement in play is necessary. Dropped balls by receivers is a smokescreen. The die is cast, we'll all have to wait and see how the chemistry of this team evolves this season. Plax is gone, new guys in the locker room, my opinion is that the team is gonna be improved. The key again will be if the offense can sustain drives and keep the defense off the field. If they dont, the Gmen will have a long season and a short post season like last year....the reverse discriminators (Eli lovers) will be all over you, but that just makes them come out and show themselves. The drama can be amusing at times so buckle up, the fun is about to start.</P>

gumby742
04-26-2009, 02:02 PM

</p>

you kill eli for his playoff game........but then say he needs to be more like mcnabb........mcnabb and eli looked prett much the same that game.........could it have been the weather?</p>

Huh? I'm not talking about ONE game. I'm talking about their careers. And I didn't kill Eli for that game. I killed Gilbride. Get your facts straight.

Why would i kill Eli for his performance when my expectations for his play is already pretty low. If i want to kill Eli, it's all relative to the salary he commands. If he's willing to take a pay cut - getting paid the same as .. oh i dunno ... Dan Orlovsky, you won't hear a peep out of me ... ever.

peerless
04-26-2009, 02:06 PM
no matter what eli does he will never be good enough for most on this board</P>

last year he lead the as a wild card throught hte playoffs and played lights out......he then went on to be the super bowl mvp......working magic late in the game</P>

</P>

the next season he made the pro bowl he had his best season stat wise yet........he had a 60% completion percentage.......he threw for over 3,000 yards and 21 td with 10 picks.....he went 12-4 one of hte best records the giants ever had in history</P>

b4 the season started the eli haters said he needs to be at 60% and ten picks or under.......everybody said he would never do that</P>

</P>

he did it still not enough never will be</P>

Hampton27 missed
04-26-2009, 02:09 PM
Hampton im not anti-eli im Anti Eli going into his slumps toward the end of the seaosn and anti his adoring fan base.

but with Nicks ,hixon and Smith , Eli should be fine, all he has to do is control his wild high stuff. Nicks is the guy that can catch those throws Eli likes to throw behind the rec as well.

</P>

No problem Harooni. I saw a much improved Eli last year and I saw a slump that had a lot to do with the whole team and coaching adjustments more than anything else. I'll put most of it on Eli in that playoff game though.</P>

I'm sorry that I can't dismiss seeing Eli keep us in most of our games for many of our games over the years. I also wont dismiss that our defense finally started earning their money with doing the same thing for the last year and a half.</P>

I honestly believe putting blame by not having Plax is a huge cop out. Plax wouldn't have done nothing in those windy games nor would any other wideout. The missing link was the RB catching passes out of the backfield and not utilizing a short passing game. There's more than one way to skin a cat and Gillbride couldn't figure it out last year for whatever reason.</P>

peerless
04-26-2009, 02:10 PM

</P>

you kill eli for his playoff game........but then say he needs to be more like mcnabb........mcnabb and eli looked prett much the same that game.........could it have been the weather?</P>

Huh? I'm not talking about ONE game. I'm talking about their careers. And I didn't kill Eli for that game. I killed Gilbride. Get your facts straight.

Why would i kill Eli for his performance when my expectations for his play is already pretty low. If i want to kill Eli, it's all relative to the salary he commands. If he's willing to take a pay cut - getting paid the same as .. oh i dunno ... Dan Orlovsky, you won't hear a peep out of me ... ever.
</P>

do you pay his salary? no so why do you care?</P>

he is asking for his market value.......if the giants dont want to pay them there are many teams that would be.......is he elite maybe not.........is he a franchise QB you better believe it</P>

look at the deal delhome.............would you rather somebody like that</P>

most of you people think qbs grow on tress..........it is so hard to get a quality guy</P>

look how long it took for some teams</P>

lions never had one...bengals took forever to get one....the skins? cowboys? saints? us b4 eli the list goes on and on</P>

gumby742
04-26-2009, 02:11 PM
no matter what eli does he will never be good enough for most on this board</p>

last year he lead the as a wild card throught hte playoffs and played lights out......he then went on to be the super bowl mvp......working magic late in the game</p>

</p>

the next season he made the pro bowl he had his best season stat wise yet........he had a 60% completion percentage.......he threw for over 3,000 yards and 21 td with 10 picks.....he went 12-4 one of hte best records the giants ever had in history</p>

b4 the season started the eli haters said he needs to be at 60% and ten picks or under.......everybody said he would never do that</p>

</p>

he did it still not enough never will be</p>

Here's the deal though. Play with numbers all you want, but i've been preaching this forever. It's all relative. Eli is one of the higest paid QBs in this league. Yet he has by far the least tangible to show for it - in terms of over-all success. Winning the SB is great, but you win and lose as a team. Trent Dilfer won a SB too. So did Doug Williams.

With Eli's salary, who's to say we wouldn't be better off with 3 or 4 additional stud players on either side of the ball and a true "game manager" at QB. Expectations rise with your price. There's a reason why people expect more out of 1st rounders.

GMENAGAIN
04-26-2009, 02:11 PM
He's gonna have to adjust to throwing to smaller targets and starting hitting guys in a position that they can get some rac yardage. The guys we have more than enough speed and ability to get open and make playsso I don't want to hear any excuses from the "Eli can do no wrong" crowd. <FONT size=4>All the talk and panicof thinking weneed an all pro #1wr is proof thatpeople don't have full confidence in Manning in my opinion.</FONT> The comfort lobbing the ball in the vicinity of big targets in Plax and Toomer is gone.</P>

</P>

I thought it was proof that a lot of people are dummies???</P>

gumby742
04-26-2009, 02:12 PM

</p>

you kill eli for his playoff game........but then say he needs to be more like mcnabb........mcnabb and eli looked prett much the same that game.........could it have been the weather?</p>

</p>

do you pay his salary? no so why do you care?</p>

he is asking for his market value.......if the giants dont want to pay them there are many teams that would be.......is he elite maybe not.........is he a franchise QB you better believe it</p>

look at the deal delhome.............would you rather somebody like that</p>

most of you people think qbs grow on tress..........it is so hard to get a quality guy</p>

look how long it took for some teams</p>

lions never had one...bengals took forever to get one....the skins? cowboys? saints? us b4 eli the list goes on and on</p>

Dude. Why do I care? Because we play in the salary cap era.

Harooni
04-26-2009, 02:15 PM

</p>

No problem Harooni. I saw a much improved Eli last year and I saw a slump that had a lot to do with the whole team and coaching adjustments more than anything else. I'll put most of it on Eli in that playoff game though.</p>

I'm sorry that I can't dismiss seeing Eli keep us in most of our games for many of our games over the years. I also wont dismiss that our defense finally started earning their money with doing the same thing for the last year and a half.</p>

I honestly believe putting blame by not having Plax is a huge cop out. Plax wouldn't have done nothing in those windy games nor would any other wideout. The missing link was the RB catching passes out of the backfield and not utilizing a short passing game. There's more than one way to skin a cat and Gillbride couldn't figure it out last year for whatever reason.</p>

I agree Eli has improved I have often said it. he also earned his probowl, all i need now is out play the opposing QB at home, while the opposing QB is facing the wind and a top 5 NYG def. its not a tall order , is it really too much to ask?

did Eli keep us in all those games or was it our D giving the ball back to them over and over. Certainly yes Eli was a big part in some.

peerless
04-26-2009, 02:16 PM

last year he lead the as a wild card throught hte playoffs and played lights out......he then went on to be the super bowl mvp......working magic late in the game</P>

</P>

the next season he made the pro bowl he had his best season stat wise yet........he had a 60% completion percentage.......he threw for over 3,000 yards and 21 td with 10 picks.....he went 12-4 one of hte best records the giants ever had in history</P>

b4 the season started the eli haters said he needs to be at 60% and ten picks or under.......everybody said he would never do that</P>

</P>

Here's the deal though. Play with numbers all you want, but i've been preaching this forever. It's all relative. Eli is one of the higest paid QBs in this league. Yet he has by far the least tangible to show for it - in terms of over-all success. Winning the SB is great, but you win and lose as a team. Trent Dilfer won a SB too. So did Doug Williams.

With Eli's salary, who's to say we wouldn't be better off with 3 or 4 additional stud players on either side of the ball and a true "game manager" at QB. Expectations rise with your price. There's a reason why people expect more out of 1st rounders.
</P>

what else do you excpect pro bowl and mvp every year? 70% compeletion rating........or wins and losses</P>

i think his wins losses speak for themself...........he hasnt had a lossing season his whole carrer.....i dont get it i really dont.</P>

doug williams threw for over 300 yards and 3 or 4 tds in that game dont really know what you are trying to prove throwing that name out there</P>

Wes
04-26-2009, 02:18 PM

Nicks 6' 1"

Burress 6' 4"

3 inches is not that big of a difference especially with Nicks wingspan...

I am not saying Nicks is Burress by any stretch and Im not even a huge Nicks fan but.........

you guys sound like our receivers are 5' 5"
</P>

</P>

Heh..no Nicks isnt Plax..hes good though. Only time will tell but my bet is that Nicks will turn out to be the real deal and will improve Elis game. I tihnk Nicks is gonna shock alot of people this year by stepping in and destroying some Def backs. I tihnk the NFL is gonna find out that Nicks should of ben the 1st WR taken in this draft. Britt got a good deal in Tenn though, hes gonna have a good year too. nicks and britt will turn out to be the better drafted WR especially due to their situations. Both will get solid play time but they are on teams with good Defs and solid run games. Also good QBs.</P>

If Eli cant run this offense with all of this then I dunno what else to do other than find a new QB lol. You cant get much better than a top 5 Def, top 5 Run game and alot of 1st 2nd and 3rd round drafted WRs. BUT I tihnk Eli will be fine and with an ofseason to prepare they will all do well togther but Nicks is a stud and is gonna take the NFL by storm. Sintim too.</P>

giantsfan420
04-26-2009, 02:20 PM

</P>

No problem Harooni. I saw a much improved Eli last year and I saw a slump that had a lot to do with the whole team and coaching adjustments more than anything else. I'll put most of it on Eli in that playoff game though.</P>

I'm sorry that I can't dismiss seeing Eli keep us in most of our games for many of our games over the years. I also wont dismiss that our defense finally started earning their money with doing the same thing for the last year and a half.</P>

I honestly believe putting blame by not having Plax is a huge cop out. Plax wouldn't have done nothing in those windy games nor would any other wideout. The missing link was the RB catching passes out of the backfield and not utilizing a short passing game. There's more than one way to skin a cat and Gillbride couldn't figure it out last year for whatever reason.</P>

I agree Eli has improved I have often said it. he also earned his probowl, all i need now is out play the opposing QB at home, while the opposing QB is facing the wind and a top 5 NYG def. its not a tall order , is it really too much to ask?

did Eli keep us in all those games or was it our D giving the ball back to them over and over. Certainly yes Eli was a big part in some.
</P>

i like Jon Gruden's opinion way more than yours. prob, no offense, bc he is in the nfl and knows schemes and player personnel. He said and I quote "Eli is as good as any qb in the league hands down." Yeah, he makes mistakes, yea he gets in slumps...i mean i guess your right. since he is the qb of the team you root for, it is a slap in the face that he isnt perfect. who the heck does he think he is not throwin 100 yrd tds on every single play...oh yeah i forgot, he won super bowl mvp, has led us to the playoffs every year hes started, he outplayed, somehtn u said ud like to see him do, in the followin order.</P>

garcia, romo, favre, and brady.</P>

He's earned our respect and loyalty, so maybe just maybe those slumps u hate, he hates too. and maybe just maybe, those slumps u hate, those fans you remark about hate them too. its just we're not completely lame in the fact that we expect perfection, and we know hes tryin his best. id agree wit u if he had the romo complex, worried about his apperance and celeb status, he dont. u never hear nethin bout this guy except his work ethic. </P>

We're set at qb for a long time, and i, for one, couldnt be happier</P>

Harooni
04-26-2009, 02:22 PM

</p>

No problem Harooni. I saw a much improved Eli last year and I saw a slump that had a lot to do with the whole team and coaching adjustments more than anything else. I'll put most of it on Eli in that playoff game though.</p>

I'm sorry that I can't dismiss seeing Eli keep us in most of our games for many of our games over the years. I also wont dismiss that our defense finally started earning their money with doing the same thing for the last year and a half.</p>

I honestly believe putting blame by not having Plax is a huge cop out. Plax wouldn't have done nothing in those windy games nor would any other wideout. The missing link was the RB catching passes out of the backfield and not utilizing a short passing game. There's more than one way to skin a cat and Gillbride couldn't figure it out last year for whatever reason.</p>

</p>

i like Jon Gruden's opinion way more than yours. prob, no offense, bc he is in the nfl and knows schemes and player personnel. He said and I quote "Eli is as good as any qb in the league hands down." Yeah, he makes mistakes, yea he gets in slumps...i mean i guess your right. since he is the qb of the team you root for, it is a slap in the face that he isnt perfect. who the heck does he think he is not throwin 100 yrd tds on every single play...oh yeah i forgot, he won super bowl mvp, has led us to the playoffs every year hes started, he outplayed, somehtn u said ud like to see him do, in the followin order.</p>

garcia, romo, favre, and brady.</p>

He's earned our respect and loyalty, so maybe just maybe those slumps u hate, he hates too. and maybe just maybe, those slumps u hate, those fans you remark about hate them too. its just we're not completely lame in the fact that we expect perfection, and we know hes tryin his best. id agree wit u if he had the romo complex, worried about his apperance and celeb status, he dont. u never hear nethin bout this guy except his work ethic. </p>

We're set at qb for a long time, and i, for one, couldnt be happier</p>

ok so why when talking about Eli do most analysts say "not the most accurate QB"

if its just me and some haters making things up?

LT= Lawrence Taylor
04-26-2009, 02:23 PM

</p>

</p>

i like Jon Gruden's opinion way more than yours. prob, no offense, bc he is in the nfl and knows schemes and player personnel. He said and I quote "Eli is as good as any qb in the league hands down." Yeah, he makes mistakes, yea he gets in slumps...i mean i guess your right. since he is the qb of the team you root for, it is a slap in the face that he isnt perfect. who the heck does he think he is not throwin 100 yrd tds on every single play...oh yeah i forgot, he won super bowl mvp, has led us to the playoffs every year hes started, he outplayed, somehtn u said ud like to see him do, in the followin order.</p>

garcia, romo, favre, and brady.</p>

He's earned our respect and loyalty, so maybe just maybe those slumps u hate, he hates too. and maybe just maybe, those slumps u hate, those fans you remark about hate them too. its just we're not completely lame in the fact that we expect perfection, and we know hes tryin his best. id agree wit u if he had the romo complex, worried about his apperance and celeb status, he dont. u never hear nethin bout this guy except his work ethic. </p>

We're set at qb for a long time, and i, for one, couldnt be happier</p>

Yes, he did outplay Garcia, Romo, Favre, and Brady in 2007.

But all of those games were on the road.

I love Eli. He is my favorite player on the team and I fully appreciate what he has done for this team since he came in. But I would like to see him have some more consistency late at home. If we are gonna have home field, I would like for him to do a little better at home in the playoffs.

Harooni
04-26-2009, 02:27 PM
I love Eli. He is my favorite player on the team and I fully appreciate what he has done for this team since he came in. But I would like to see him have some more consistency late at home. If we are gonna have home field, I would like for him to do a little better at home in the playoffs.

guys like 420 will never understand that, they are too much in love with his family name.

We are not saying Eli sucks or he needs to go. but that is what they hear when we are honest. Eli has improved Eli is a good QB,Eli is a hard worker, however Eli needs to step it up at home and control his high throws from time to time.

Funny thing is Eli knows it but his fans don't (or at least hate to admit it)

blueomaha
04-26-2009, 02:27 PM

last year he lead the as a wild card throught hte playoffs and played lights out......he then went on to be the super bowl mvp......working magic late in the game</p>

</p>

the next season he made the pro bowl he had his best season stat wise yet........he had a 60% completion percentage.......he threw for over 3,000 yards and 21 td with 10 picks.....he went 12-4 one of hte best records the giants ever had in history</p>

b4 the season started the eli haters said he needs to be at 60% and ten picks or under.......everybody said he would never do that</p>

</p>

he did it still not enough never will be</p>agreed...they would never tell you but fans around the league would love to have a team as good as the Giants...including Eli...giants fans need to stop b******* at each other because we all want the same thing...a championship...and the NYG have just as good a chance of going to the sb as any team in the nfl.................................stay blue

gumby742
04-26-2009, 02:28 PM

</p>

</p>

</p>

what else do you excpect pro bowl and mvp every year? 70% compeletion rating........or wins and losses</p>

i think his wins losses speak for themself...........he hasnt had a lossing season his whole carrer.....i dont get it i really dont.</p>

doug williams threw for over 300 yards and 3 or 4 tds in that game dont really know what you are trying to prove throwing that name out there</p>

What I expect is his performance - and not stat wise - to be indicative of the amount of money the Giants are paying him. If you get paid 100 million, you better show that you're worth it.

Struggling to prove yourself when the team you're is great, is not what I call convincing. We win and lose as a team. I must of heard that 10 million times.

Half the Giants fans think Eli is a fraud. The rest of the NFL thinks Eli is a fraud. Yes I'm generalizing. Where there's smoke, there's usually fire. I'm not saying Eli is a fraud, but something is not right. You don't hear these questions surrounding the other QBs of his payscale do you? Absolutely not.

illmaticzeke
04-26-2009, 02:28 PM
Of course this is me just speculating but does it seem that Eli plays a much better game when he has a big time WR...It's almost like he is more comfortable in just knowing that he is there instead of having a bunch of young talent on the field.

illmaticzeke
04-26-2009, 02:30 PM

guys like 420 will never understand that, they are too much in love with his family name.

We are not saying Eli sucks or he needs to go. but that is what they hear when we are honest. Eli has improved Eli is a good QB,Eli is a hard worker, however Eli needs to step it up at home and control his high throws from time to time.

So true dude, if you have any disbelief about Eli you are anti Eli or not a true Giant fan...lmao

giantsfan420
04-26-2009, 02:30 PM

</P>

</P>

i like Jon Gruden's opinion way more than yours. prob, no offense, bc he is in the nfl and knows schemes and player personnel. He said and I quote "Eli is as good as any qb in the league hands down." Yeah, he makes mistakes, yea he gets in slumps...i mean i guess your right. since he is the qb of the team you root for, it is a slap in the face that he isnt perfect. who the heck does he think he is not throwin 100 yrd tds on every single play...oh yeah i forgot, he won super bowl mvp, has led us to the playoffs every year hes started, he outplayed, somehtn u said ud like to see him do, in the followin order.</P>

garcia, romo, favre, and brady.</P>

He's earned our respect and loyalty, so maybe just maybe those slumps u hate, he hates too. and maybe just maybe, those slumps u hate, those fans you remark about hate them too. its just we're not completely lame in the fact that we expect perfection, and we know hes tryin his best. id agree wit u if he had the romo complex, worried about his apperance and celeb status, he dont. u never hear nethin bout this guy except his work ethic. </P>

We're set at qb for a long time, and i, for one, couldnt be happier</P>

ok so why when talking about Eli do most analysts say "not the most accurate QB"

if its just me and some haters making things up?
</P>

ur missin the point. u think i dont know hes not accurate on some throws? i even saidf he looked like he was throwin lefty in the playoff game...point being...WE ACCEPT IT BC OF HIS WORK ETHIC AND DRIVE... i mean all hes done is win us a super bowl in the most dramatic of fashion, worked his *** off, and NEVER said ANYTHING contoversial about our team. ur right, the fact that hes high on some throws make him overrated and the eli fans wrong...or maybe, ur the only one takin this stance. no one wants inaccurate throws, but u mean to tell me u dont trust eli to work on that, hes still relatively young. he has maybe 8 to 10 years, left and all ehs done is improve in every year and turn this team from a 4-12 team to a super bowl winner. yea, ur point still doesnt hold water</P>

*edit notes, harooni got it wrong again, he targeted me, somethin when i did to him, he reported to the mods. and I do know hes not accurate, im just not about to take ur lame stance bc of it. go find more half naked pics of tiki barber and leave the football talk to the grown ups. jerk</P>

peerless
04-26-2009, 02:31 PM

</P>

</P>

</P>

what else do you excpect pro bowl and mvp every year? 70% compeletion rating........or wins and losses</P>

i think his wins losses speak for themself...........he hasnt had a lossing season his whole carrer.....i dont get it i really dont.</P>

doug williams threw for over 300 yards and 3 or 4 tds in that game dont really know what you are trying to prove throwing that name out there</P>

What I expect is his performance - and not stat wise - to be indicative of the amount of money the Giants are paying him. If you get paid 100 million, you better show that you're worth it.

Struggling to prove yourself when the team you're is great, is not what I call convincing. We win and lose as a team. I must of heard that 10 million times.

Half the Giants fans think Eli is a fraud. The rest of the NFL thinks Eli is a fraud. Yes I'm generalizing. Where there's smoke, there's usually fire. I'm not saying Eli is a fraud, but something is not right. You don't hear these questions surrounding the other QBs of his payscale do you? Absolutely not.
</P>

you do realize you get more covrage of the team in you market right????????? you dont hear the critisim of other teams because they are not on local radio and tv</P>

go to other boards and there are people just like you on all of them</P>

Odan
04-26-2009, 02:32 PM
I'm not putting the success of our entire Offense on Eli's shoulder's this year. We just drafted 2 rookie wideouts, which history shows, will struggle in their first year. for example, Calvin ''MEGATRON'' Johnson struggled in his rookie year. It's seriously unrealistic to think Eli is suddenly transforming into Tom Brady, or his Brother now, or that he has to.

Eli has to be sharp, but these kids need to learn and become pros as well.

LT= Lawrence Taylor
04-26-2009, 02:33 PM

So true dude, if you have any disbelief about Eli you are anti Eli or not a true Giant fan...lmao

lol

He's part of the team, so it's fair to criticize him when it is deserved... that's my view

NY_Eli
04-26-2009, 02:34 PM

*</p>

*</p>

Here's the deal though.* Play with numbers all you want, but i've been preaching this forever.* It's all relative.* Eli is one of the higest paid QBs in this league.* Yet he has by far the least tangible to show for it - in terms of over-all success.* Winning the SB is great, but you win and lose as a team.* Trent Dilfer won a SB too.* So did Doug Williams.

With Eli's salary, who's to say we wouldn't be better off with 3 or 4 additional stud players on either side of the ball and a true "game manager" at QB.** Expectations rise with* your price.* There's a reason why people expect more out of 1st rounders.*
</p>

what else do you excpect pro bowl and mvp every year?* 70% compeletion rating........or wins and losses</p>

i think his wins losses speak for themself...........he hasnt had a lossing season his whole carrer.....i dont get it i really dont.</p>

doug williams threw for over 300 yards and 3 or 4 tds in that game dont really know what you are trying to prove throwing that name out there</p>

What I expect is his performance - and not stat wise - to be indicative of the amount of money the Giants are paying him.* If you get paid 100 million, you better show that you're worth it.

Struggling to prove yourself when the team you're is great, is not what I call convincing.* We win and lose as a team.* I must of heard that 10 million times.*

Half the Giants fans think Eli is a fraud.* The rest of the NFL thinks Eli is a fraud.* Yes I'm generalizing.* Where there's smoke, there's usually fire.* I'm not saying Eli is a fraud, but something is not right.* You don't hear these questions surrounding the other QBs of his payscale do you?* Absolutely not.

superbowl mvp

Hampton27 missed
04-26-2009, 02:34 PM

</P>

</P>

If he had Westbrook, he surely would have outplayed Mcnabb at home. Westbrook drew the double team or spy in that playoff game because of what he did in the previous game. Plax or any other wideout would NOT be a big threat under those conditions. From what I heard, the winds did die down in the second half of the playoff game and that is when the Giants decided to run out the clock.</P>

The defense better start stopping teams on 3rd and long. Right now that is their achilles heal. The defense only started playing well for the past year and a half and I'd rather see our offense with the ball at the end of the game.</P>

Harooni
04-26-2009, 02:35 PM
ur missin the point. u think i dont know hes not accurate on some throws? i even saidf he looked like he was throwin lefty in the playoff game...point being...WE ACCEPT IT BC OF HIS WORK ETHIC AND DRIVE... i mean all hes done is win us a super bowl in the most dramatic of fashion, worked his *** off, and NEVER said ANYTHING contoversial about our team. ur right, the fact that hes high on some throws make him overrated and the eli fans wrong...or maybe, ur the only one takin this stance. no one wants inaccurate throws, but u mean to tell me u dont trust eli to work on that, hes still relatively young. he has maybe 8 to 10 years, left and all ehs done is improve in every year and turn this team from a 4-12 team to a super bowl winner. yea, ur point still doesnt hold water</p>

*edit notes, harooni got it wrong again, he targeted me, somethin when i did to him, he reported to the mods. and I do know hes not accurate, im just not about to take ur lame stance bc of it. go find more half naked pics of tiki barber and leave the football talk to the grown ups. jerk</p>

you go for personal attacks , i don't that is where i am better than you, when you feel you have to protect Eli you all go for the personal attack. That is a sign of poor intellect and football knowledge.

I guess its how you were raised, maybe you got bullied in school.

gumby742
04-26-2009, 02:42 PM

</p>

</p>

</p>

what else do you excpect pro bowl and mvp every year? 70% compeletion rating........or wins and losses</p>

</p>

you do realize you get more covrage of the team in you market right????????? you dont hear the critisim of other teams because they are not on local radio and tv</p>

go to other boards and there are people just like you on all of them</p>

Watch the national news, he national media or whatever. They KNOW that Eli Manning is a hotly debated topic. Why is it that when talking about Eli Manning things are always, "I know he has problems, but ... &lt;insert good things here&gt;". Even amongst the fans from other teams? Hey, if Eli Manning was a Steeler and he was making the money he has here, and performs marginally better, I'd think he's over-rated too.

Do you think there's any sort of discussion when Big Ben is being talked about? How about Brady? Rivers? Peyton? Heck, Ryan, Cutler, etc. No. Pretty much everyone knows they're good.

Eli is in the same shoes as McNabb is in - except even more so. McNabb has always had problems. But in at least in his prime, McNabb was a top QB in the league with no arguments.

You're kidding yourself if you think this kind of scrutiny is only local.

YATittle1962
04-26-2009, 02:42 PM
ur missin the point. u think i dont know hes not accurate on some throws? i even saidf he looked like he was throwin lefty in the playoff game...point being...WE ACCEPT IT BC OF HIS WORK ETHIC AND DRIVE... i mean all hes done is win us a super bowl in the most dramatic of fashion, worked his *** off, and NEVER said ANYTHING contoversial about our team. ur right, the fact that hes high on some throws make him overrated and the eli fans wrong...or maybe, ur the only one takin this stance. no one wants inaccurate throws, but u mean to tell me u dont trust eli to work on that, hes still relatively young. he has maybe 8 to 10 years, left and all ehs done is improve in every year and turn this team from a 4-12 team to a super bowl winner. yea, ur point still doesnt hold water</p>

*edit notes, harooni got it wrong again, he targeted me, somethin when i did to him, he reported to the mods. and I do know hes not accurate, im just not about to take ur lame stance bc of it. go find more half naked pics of tiki barber and leave the football talk to the grown ups. jerk</p>

you go for personal attacks , i don't that is where i am better than you, when you feel you have to protect Eli you all go for the personal attack. That is a sign of poor intellect and football knowledge.

whos talkin trash about the DSRL???!!!!!!!!

Ill crack skulls [:@]

giantsfan420
04-26-2009, 02:44 PM
ur missin the point. u think i dont know hes not accurate on some throws? i even saidf he looked like he was throwin lefty in the playoff game...point being...WE ACCEPT IT BC OF HIS WORK ETHIC AND DRIVE... i mean all hes done is win us a super bowl in the most dramatic of fashion, worked his *** off, and NEVER said ANYTHING contoversial about our team. ur right, the fact that hes high on some throws make him overrated and the eli fans wrong...or maybe, ur the only one takin this stance. no one wants inaccurate throws, but u mean to tell me u dont trust eli to work on that, hes still relatively young. he has maybe 8 to 10 years, left and all ehs done is improve in every year and turn this team from a 4-12 team to a super bowl winner. yea, ur point still doesnt hold water</P>

*edit notes, harooni got it wrong again, he targeted me, somethin when i did to him, he reported to the mods. and I do know hes not accurate, im just not about to take ur lame stance bc of it. go find more half naked pics of tiki barber and leave the football talk to the grown ups. jerk</P>

</P>

thats not a personal attack? this comin from the duche bag who said "i like to instigate people to gett em angry, its funny to me" I personally think that 40 thou plus posts, and ur consistent refutation of people and there appreciation for eli shows me poor intellect and football knowledge. U are so smart tho with ur eli is inaccurate, i mean thats never been discussed before.</P>

Harooni- 40 tho plus posts, revolving around makin people angry, pictures of half naked men, and all the lies u spew out on here</P>

Giantsfan420- supports his qb despite his short comings. </P>

I could care less what u think, i personally am done with you. i wsant even tryin to start a fight really just dont understand ur process in thinkin ur the only one who notices the inaccurate throws. ALL OF US DO, we just support our qb...u bash him then bash others for supportin him.</P>

werent u the one who also said, we d never win a super bowl wit eli, that we ere a laughin stock for the trade we made to get hiim, and we should try and trade him? Yeah, I HAVE POOR FOOTBALL INTELLECT. LMFAO, AT U, NOT WIT U, AT U, Pathetic</P>

Mua Dib
04-26-2009, 02:45 PM
So, receivers getting consistent separation, catching the deep ball, and being open is not a concern.* </P>

Adjusting the offense to compensate for the lack of a big time deep threat,*and highlight the strengths we have is not a concern.</P>

Eli struggled at the end, yes, but saying that he is only one who has to improve is as myopic as saying only the receivers need to improve.</P>lol. don't bother. The MB has everybody we drafted starting next year and all recieving for over a thousand yards.

Harooni
04-26-2009, 02:49 PM
420 is not even smart enough to realize my avatars and pics are jokes so why would anyone entertain his opinions, many times you have thrown NYG's under the bus to put the blame off the QB position, so don't act all high and mighty. You like Eli good, i never said no one should , i even understand after the dave browns and up and down collins. But don't try hating on me becuase i refuse to drink the he is great koolaid. He is a little above avg QB with a great team around him, #1 rushing attack, and top 5 defense. you see it anyway you want to but don;t attack others who dont share your opinion.

bandwgn86
04-26-2009, 02:52 PM

</P>

lol..if he had got a number one you pobably woulda posted something like "thank god we got a #1 we needed some one to catch Eli's poor passes" you haters are funny..</P>

BeatYale
04-26-2009, 02:55 PM

This is such a stupid theory. A guy that has been playing football his entire life has to suddenly 'adjust' to throwing to different sized receivers? If anyone here actually believes that -they are as stupid as you.

You some kind idiot that thinks 1" = 1' ?

I'm not going to single out Burress or Toomer, because this is how it is for any WR in the league regardless of height. Almost every catch is made with 2 feet on the ground and without the need to extend their arms fully. The big plays we see downfield and lobs near goalline are more likely to involve the WR (6'5 or even 5'9) to stretch himself out for the ball, because these situations usually require that. The knack for being able to get after the ball in the air is more important than the perk of being significantly taller than the CB.

If you want yards after the catch you should be lobbying for the Giants to change their offense to one more like that Cardinals and Eagles run in which crossing patterns are used often. Our vertical offense isn't built for that.

You are a moron. Go get a STD from your mother.

giantsfan420
04-26-2009, 02:56 PM
420 is not even smart enough to realize my avatars and pics are jokes so why would anyone entertain his opinions, many times you have thrown NYG's under the bus to put the blame off the QB position, so don't act all high and mighty. You like Eli good, i never said no one should , i even understand after the dave browns and up and down collins. But don't try hating on me becuase i refuse to drink the he is great koolaid. He is a little above avg QB with a great team around him, #1 rushing attack, and top 5 defense. you see it anyway you want to but don;t attack others who dont share your opinion.
</P>

i never said u shuold think he is all powerful, i just dont get ur input. u look for threads to start in with this same ol bs. u think i dont want eli to get better, u think i think u dont want eli to get better..ur a jerkoff str8 up. i oculd care less if those pics are a joke, u do it consistently which leads me to believe ur battlin somethin in ur mind. </P>

i dont l;ike u, and a lot of people dont like you, not bc of ur opinion...but bc u try and push ur opinion on others, make fun of em if they dont. i dont care if u like eli or not...i just find it highly hypocrital u sayin anythin besides "i was dead wrong on my assessment of eli manning. he helped win a super bowl, got super bowl mvp. I could not have been any more incorrect and for thtat i am sorry for takin 2 yrs of peoples lives tellin them how wrong they were, when really i was the one wrong" but u dont, u stick wit ur guns. People he legit told me "i like to instigate with people, it gets them angry and thats funny to me"
WHAT KIND OF PITIFUL DESPERATE PATHETIC LOSER DOES THAT? YET, FOR UR PIGEON SIZED BRAIN, U THINK I DISLIKE U BC ELI IS INACCURATE. NO I DISLIKE U BC UR A TOOL AND U HAVE NO BUSINESS SAYIN ANYTHIN REGARDIN ELI MANNING AFTER TWO YEARS OF UR "OPINION" THAT COULDNT HAVE BEEN ANY MORE WRONG&lt; AND OFTEN MISTAKEN FOR HATRED.</P>

nah bro, then u say i personally attack u, but u tell me and i quote, i am better than you, you must have been bullied and u have poor intellect.</P>

WOW U DONT EVEN KNOW HYPOCRACY. I, for the record, think we are all awesome, even u. i m not better than u or ne one, but u go on keepin that thinkin up, bc u must have such a happy life. 40,000 posts reeks of no one to love or lovin u, ur politics regardin eli prove the same point. I, if anythin, feel sorry for you. but wait, its eli mannings fault, figured id save u the next post, loser</P>

Harooni
04-26-2009, 02:57 PM
No one hates Eli manning, Not one fan here said he should be benched or cut.

gumby742
04-26-2009, 02:58 PM

</p>

lol..if he had got a number one you pobably woulda posted something like "thank god we got a #1 we needed some one to catch Eli's poor passes" you haters are funny..</p>
………………..,-~*’`¯lllllll`*~,
…………..,-~*`lllllllllllllllllllllllllll¯`*-,
………,-~*llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll*-,
……,-*lllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll lllll.\
….;*`lllllllllllllllllllllllllll,-~*~-,llllllllllllllllllll\
…..\lllllllllllllllllllllllllll/………\;;;;llllllllllll,-`~-,
…...\lllllllllllllllllllll,-*………..`~-~-,…(.(¯`*,`,
…….\llllllllllll,-~*…………………)_-\..*`*;..)
……..\,-*`¯,*`)…………,-~*`~.………….../
……...|/.../…/~,…...-~*,-~*`;……………./.\
……../.../…/…/..,-,..*~,.`*~*…………….*...\
…….|.../…/…/.*`...\...……………………)….)¯`~,
…….|./…/…./…….)……,.)`*~-,……….../….|..)…`~-,
……/./.../…,*`-,…..`-,…*`….,---…...\…./…../..|……...¯```*~-
…...(……….)`*~-,….`*`.,-~*.,-*……|…/.…/…/…………\
…….*-,…….`*-,...`~,..``.,,,-*……….|.,*...,*…|…...\
……….*,………`-,…)-,…………..,-*`...,-*….(`-,…

Harooni
04-26-2009, 03:00 PM
</p>

i never said u shuold think he is all powerful, i just dont get ur input. u look for threads to start in with this same ol bs. u think i dont want eli to get better, u think i think u dont want eli to get better..ur a jerkoff str8 up. i oculd care less if those pics are a joke, u do it consistently which leads me to believe ur battlin somethin in ur mind. </p>

i dont l;ike u, and a lot of people dont like you, not bc of ur opinion...but bc u try and push ur opinion on others, make fun of em if they dont. i dont care if u like eli or not...i just find it highly hypocrital u sayin anythin besides "i was dead wrong on my assessment of eli manning. he helped win a super bowl, got super bowl mvp. I could not have been any more incorrect and for thtat i am sorry for takin 2 yrs of peoples lives tellin them how wrong they were, when really i was the one wrong" but u dont, u stick wit ur guns. People he legit told me "i like to instigate with people, it gets them angry and thats funny to me"
WHAT KIND OF PITIFUL DESPERATE PATHETIC LOSER DOES THAT? YET, FOR UR PIGEON SIZED BRAIN, U THINK I DISLIKE U BC ELI IS INACCURATE. NO I DISLIKE U BC UR A TOOL AND U HAVE NO BUSINESS SAYIN ANYTHIN REGARDIN ELI MANNING AFTER TWO YEARS OF UR "OPINION" THAT COULDNT HAVE BEEN ANY MORE WRONG&lt; AND OFTEN MISTAKEN FOR HATRED.</p>

nah bro, then u say i personally attack u, but u tell me and i quote, i am better than you, you must have been bullied and u have poor intellect.</p>

WOW U DONT EVEN KNOW HYPOCRACY. I, for the record, think we are all awesome, even u. i m not better than u or ne one, but u go on keepin that thinkin up, bc u must have such a happy life. 40,000 posts reeks of no one to love or lovin u, ur politics regardin eli prove the same point. I, if anythin, feel sorry for you. but wait, its eli mannings fault, figured id save u the next post, loser</p>

you jealous of my post count take em. and dont feel sorry for me, i am 32 and semi retired and drive a mercedes with a wife and 7year old son. you are a 20 year old brat.

bandwgn86
04-26-2009, 03:01 PM

</P>

lol..if he had got a number one you pobably woulda posted something like "thank god we got a #1 we needed some one to catch Eli's poor passes" you haters are funny..</P>

………………..,-~*’`¯lllllll`*~,
…………..,-~*`lllllllllllllllllllllllllll¯`*-,
………,-~*llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll*-,
……,-*lllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll lllll.\
….;*`lllllllllllllllllllllllllll,-~*~-,llllllllllllllllllll\
…..\lllllllllllllllllllllllllll/………\;;;;llllllllllll,-`~-,
…...\lllllllllllllllllllll,-*………..`~-~-,…(.(¯`*,`,
…….\llllllllllll,-~*…………………)_-\..*`*;..)
……..\,-*`¯,*`)…………,-~*`~.………….../
……...|/.../…/~,…...-~*,-~*`;……………./.\
……../.../…/…/..,-,..*~,.`*~*…………….*...\
…….|.../…/…/.*`...\...……………………)….)¯`~,
…….|./…/…./…….)……,.)`*~-,……….../….|..)…`~-,
……/./.../…,*`-,…..`-,…*`….,---…...\…./…../..|……...¯```*~-
…...(……….)`*~-,….`*`.,-~*.,-*……|…/.…/…/…………\
…….*-,…….`*-,...`~,..``.,,,-*……….|.,*...,*…|…...\
……….*,………`-,…)-,…………..,-*`...,-*….(`-,…

</P>

thats some good art right there..</P>

gumby742
04-26-2009, 03:01 PM
</p>

i never said u shuold think he is all powerful, i just dont get ur input. u look for threads to start in with this same ol bs. u think i dont want eli to get better, u think i think u dont want eli to get better..ur a jerkoff str8 up. i oculd care less if those pics are a joke, u do it consistently which leads me to believe ur battlin somethin in ur mind. </p>

WHAT KIND OF PITIFUL DESPERATE PATHETIC LOSER DOES THAT? YET, FOR UR PIGEON SIZED BRAIN, U THINK I DISLIKE U BC ELI IS INACCURATE. NO I DISLIKE U BC UR A TOOL AND U HAVE NO BUSINESS SAYIN ANYTHIN REGARDIN ELI MANNING AFTER TWO YEARS OF UR "OPINION" THAT COULDNT HAVE BEEN ANY MORE WRONG&lt; AND OFTEN MISTAKEN FOR HATRED.</p>

nah bro, then u say i personally attack u, but u tell me and i quote, i am better than you, you must have been bullied and u have poor intellect.</p>

WOW U DONT EVEN KNOW HYPOCRACY. I, for the record, think we are all awesome, even u. i m not better than u or ne one, but u go on keepin that thinkin up, bc u must have such a happy life. 40,000 posts reeks of no one to love or lovin u, ur politics regardin eli prove the same point. I, if anythin, feel sorry for you. but wait, its eli mannings fault, figured id save u the next post, loser</p>

LOL. Holy cow dude.

giantsfan420
04-26-2009, 03:02 PM
No one hates Eli manning, Not one fan here said he should be benched or cut.
</P>

u've said he should be traded, and u've personally tried to start fights with people over eli manning. purposefully, there is no way around that and should be a bannable offense. but whatever, listen my bad for freakin out, hung over and draft day. u really didnt say anthng at all, but bc of ur posts pre superbowl, i just despise you. bc of ur admitted tryin to make people angry, i despise you. i wish i didnt, i love everything, but you. especially when u feel u can even say anythin about him here, that right shuold be removed like giggles should be. anythin else cool, not eli, simply bc uve spewed garbage about him that would take 3 normal human beings to do. 40, 000 posts...dont know whats worse, ur eli hypocracy, or the fact u still get into fights w people on here after 40,000 posts. thats like livin to 40 yrs old and still pickin fights wit 12 yr olds...</P>

GiantD46
04-26-2009, 03:03 PM

</p>

</p>

</p>

</p>

you do realize you get more covrage of the team in you market right????????? you dont hear the critisim of other teams because they are not on local radio and tv</p>

go to other boards and there are people just like you on all of them</p>

Watch the national news, he national media or whatever. They KNOW that Eli Manning is a hotly debated topic. Why is it that when talking about Eli Manning things are always, "I know he has problems, but ... &lt;insert good things here&gt;". Even amongst the fans from other teams? Hey, if Eli Manning was a Steeler and he was making the money he has here, and performs marginally better, I'd think he's over-rated too.

Do you think there's any sort of discussion when Big Ben is being talked about? How about Brady? Rivers? Peyton? Heck, Ryan, Cutler, etc. No. Pretty much everyone knows they're good.

Eli is in the same shoes as McNabb is in - except even more so. McNabb has always had problems. But in at least in his prime, McNabb was a top QB in the league with no arguments.

You're kidding yourself if you think this kind of scrutiny is only local.

Actually Mid way through the season this year everyone was getting on Ben because he was causing alot of sack and turnovers from holding the ball so long. Alot of people talk about Rivers being a whiny little man who can't keep his head under control.

Harooni
04-26-2009, 03:03 PM
</p>

LOL. Holy cow dude.

lol yeah a eli fan with big issues, he takes this mb and thinks its real life.

bandwgn86
04-26-2009, 03:04 PM
</P>

i never said u shuold think he is all powerful, i just dont get ur input. u look for threads to start in with this same ol bs. u think i dont want eli to get better, u think i think u dont want eli to get better..ur a jerkoff str8 up. i oculd care less if those pics are a joke, u do it consistently which leads me to believe ur battlin somethin in ur mind. </P>

WHAT KIND OF PITIFUL DESPERATE PATHETIC LOSER DOES THAT? YET, FOR UR PIGEON SIZED BRAIN, U THINK I DISLIKE U BC ELI IS INACCURATE. NO I DISLIKE U BC UR A TOOL AND U HAVE NO BUSINESS SAYIN ANYTHIN REGARDIN ELI MANNING AFTER TWO YEARS OF UR "OPINION" THAT COULDNT HAVE BEEN ANY MORE WRONG&lt; AND OFTEN MISTAKEN FOR HATRED.</P>

nah bro, then u say i personally attack u, but u tell me and i quote, i am better than you, you must have been bullied and u have poor intellect.</P>

WOW U DONT EVEN KNOW HYPOCRACY. I, for the record, think we are all awesome, even u. i m not better than u or ne one, but u go on keepin that thinkin up, bc u must have such a happy life. 40,000 posts reeks of no one to love or lovin u, ur politics regardin eli prove the same point. I, if anythin, feel sorry for you. but wait, its eli mannings fault, figured id save u the next post, loser</P>

you jealous of my post count take em. and dont feel sorry for me, i am 32 and semi retired and drive a mercedes with a wife and 7year old son. you are a 20 year old brat.
</P>

when you do a lane change do you signal...i find people that drive merc's don't. i hate that lol</P>

giantsfan420
04-26-2009, 03:05 PM
</P>

</P>

i thought u didnt personally atack peopel? oh for the record people, harooni once told me he owned a nightclub, was an agent, was a lawyer, a doctor, i forgot what his other multiple personalities said, i think he was governor too...lmfao! whatever ur job is u cant do it well spendin all ur time bhind a computer screen on the nygmb. lmfao. LMFAO. </P>

giantsfan420
04-26-2009, 03:06 PM
drivin a merceded "D"enz on Sims life doesnt constitute him drivin one in reality. lol, he has 7 jobs but sits behind the nyg mb for 6 hours at a time...

Harooni
04-26-2009, 03:07 PM
Wow i'm honered he is so jealous of my life. lol well when you don't spend you day hung over and 420 ing it up. you would be surprised that you can post and run a business also when your not high.

GiantD46
04-26-2009, 03:09 PM

How is anyone supposed to know if your really into men or not? I also thought .....and still think they are not jokes.

As far as having a good rushing attack and a good D....is that not what you see with most successfull QBs?
As fr as I recall Pittsburg has a pretty good run game...and a pretty good D this year also.
I also seem to recall Rivers having a few good RBs and a good D...
same goes for Mat Ryan, and many other QBs in the league.

Harooni
04-26-2009, 03:11 PM

How is anyone supposed to know if your really into men or not? I also thought .....and still think they are not jokes.

As far as having a good rushing attack and a good D....is that not what you see with most successfull QBs?
As fr as I recall Pittsburg has a pretty good run game...and a pretty good D this year also.

the point is are they great qb's? you all have to realize we are not saying he sucks. but he benefits from a good team just like any other QB would.

Harooni
04-26-2009, 03:13 PM

<font size="5">Dude, be careful, you can't say stuff like that around here</font>. I completely agree with you, and I will take it one step further and say, if you need a 6'6" tree to catch your errant passes, then you were NOT deserving of all the the draft picks we gave up to get you and you did not deserve to be the number one overall pick of the draft. A first round QB, especially the first pick of the entire draft, should be able to make all throws and make the players around him better.
</p>

lol, yeah SMU, already smacked him down, lmao. you'd have better luck talking crap on eli to archie or peyton and coming away unscathed than you would around here, lol.</p>

lmao

giantsfan420
04-26-2009, 03:13 PM
i have a wonderful life with lovin parents, go to a fun school with a bunch of loyal, trustworthy friends. i've often been mistaken for Jesus (or Manson) because of my hair, I am in shape, bike to school even tho I have a ranger truck, that got for 3000 dollars after insistin my rich parents by me a corvette when i was younger. I do not need materials, and am goin to be a teacher that is dedicated to having people morally develop, hopefully i can get my masters sooner than later so I can go for my doctrates and teach at a university. I have been datinga beautiful girl who may not be that bright, but is unbelievably caring and genuine. </P>

Trust me, I have no reason to be jealous ofyou in any way shape or form. you represent a lot of what is wrong to me, people who have fun at the expense of others anger. I dont get jealous of upathological, compulsive liars...sorry. just me.</P>

and by the way, eli manning ROCKS! so stoked we got him, i knew he woiuldnt let us down. i remember we argued about this before, you, for all ur negativism and loathin of eli manning, could not have enjoyed the super bowl the same way as the true die hard fans did. i mean, u just couldnt have. i remember also, more than several people agreein with me. so whatever, keep on personally attackin me, it rolls right off me</P>

Dannywoods1
04-26-2009, 03:15 PM
I read this whole thread. It's clear some hate eli and some love him. Simply he won us a superbowl that is all i ask for from my qb i dont care about stats or his completion percentage. He is a winner enough said.

giantsfan420
04-26-2009, 03:17 PM
I read this whole thread. It's clear some hate eli and some love him. Simply he won us a superbowl that is all i ask for from my qb i dont care about stats or his completion percentage. He is a winner enough said.
</P>

i agree. i d love to see him complete his game, but i am more than satisfied with how the giants have been throughout the last 4 years. People forget we dealt with the loss of tiki, shockey, olineman, lavar arrington, plax...it goes on and on, but the giants and eli, have been nothin but professional in this day and age, which is unheard of.</P>

cant wait for next season, know eli works so hard at his craft, i amconfident he will work on his shortcomings</P>

GiantD46
04-26-2009, 03:18 PM

the point is are they great qb's? you all have to realize we are not saying he sucks. but he benefits from a good team just like any other QB would.

And your point gets redundant. How are you judging a "great QB" is a great Qb the guy who throws for 400dys/gm with 3tds...and then when a play needs to be made in the last 2 min of the game he disapeers....(McNabb and Romo come to mind)
or do you go by what Accorsi says about a QB..."the only way to measure a Qb is with 2 min left in a game and you have to put your team in the endzone, can he get it done....(Ben and Eli come to mind.

giantsfan420
04-26-2009, 03:18 PM

</P>

harooni, u said eli sucked for every year he was in the nfl before the superbowl win, then after that bc u say u were wrong, u thought u deserve a free pass. u dont, ur a hypocritcal person who knows nothin about football, and thats going by YOUR TRACK RECORD. </P>

Dannywoods1
04-26-2009, 03:21 PM
Eli manning is a part of the nfl movement for an active generation.... what more can you ask for from a guy?

Harooni
04-26-2009, 03:23 PM
Eli manning is a part of the nfl movement for an active generation.... what more can you ask for from a guy?

lol, he is a nice humble guy. we know that.

Dannywoods1
04-26-2009, 03:28 PM
Harooni your a funny person. Your opinions are so biased but at the same time you tell eli lovers they are wrong. So your<span class="hw">contradict</span>ing yourself and i just wanted to thank you for the laugh today ;-)

<div class="pseg">v. con·tra·dict·ed, con·tra·dict·ing, con·tra·dicts </div>v.tr.<div class="ds-list">1. To assert or express the opposite of (a statement).</div><div class="ds-list">2. To deny the statement of. See Synonyms at deny (http://www.thefreedictionary.com/deny).</div>3. To be contrary to; be inconsistent with

giantsfan420
04-26-2009, 03:32 PM
Harooni your a funny person. Your opinions are so biased but at the same time you tell eli lovers they are wrong. So your<SPAN class=hw>contradict</SPAN>ing yourself and i just wanted to thank you for the laugh today ;-)

<DIV class=pseg>v. con·tra·dict·ed, con·tra·dict·ing, con·tra·dicts </DIV>v.tr.
<DIV class=ds-list>1. To assert or express the opposite of (a statement).</DIV>
<DIV class=ds-list>2. To deny the statement of. See Synonyms at deny (http://www.thefreedictionary.com/deny).</DIV>

3. To be contrary to; be inconsistent with
, </P>

be careful, even though he legit started with the personal attacks, and mockin of others, he may report you to the mods. I m expectin to have a message from the mods. im gonna lay off him now, i thank you tho dude, u were right on everythin u've said and ur point is clear and valid. lay off him, hes said he likes to get giants fans mad because it amuses him and is funny. i thought thats what cowboy trolls say but apparently hes a giants fan</P>

Harooni
04-26-2009, 03:34 PM
Harooni your a funny person. Your opinions are so biased but at the same time you tell eli lovers they are wrong. So your<span class="hw">contradict</span>ing yourself and i just wanted to thank you for the laugh today ;-)

<div class="pseg">v. con·tra·dict·ed, con·tra·dict·ing, con·tra·dicts </div>v.tr.<div class="ds-list">1. To assert or express the opposite of (a statement).</div><div class="ds-list">2. To deny the statement of. See Synonyms at deny (http://www.thefreedictionary.com/deny).</div>3. To be contrary to; be inconsistent with

I'm a giant fan, not an Eli manning fan first, i would root for ron dayne if he was our QB but don't expect me not to point out his flaws.

and its so funny how much people love him no matter what, even Eli know he needs to step up. its not about being right or wrong. My brother is a big Eli fan but I'm not, we all have players we like more than others.

Harooni
04-26-2009, 03:36 PM

<div class="pseg">v. con·tra·dict·ed, con·tra·dict·ing, con·tra·dicts </div>v.tr.
<div class="ds-list">1. To assert or express the opposite of (a statement).</div>
<div class="ds-list">2. To deny the statement of. See Synonyms at deny (http://www.thefreedictionary.com/deny).</div>

, </p>

even though he legit started with the personal attacks,</p>

i personally attacked him? lol eli fans love making stories huh.

Dannywoods1
04-26-2009, 03:42 PM

I'm a giant fan, not an Eli manning fan first, i would root for ron dayne if he was our QB but don't expect me not to point out his flaws.

and its so funny how much people love him no matter what, even Eli know he needs to step up. its not about being right or wrong. My brother is a big Eli fan but I'm not, we all have players we like more than others.

Than Go Giants! I hope Eli can live up to YOUR expectations. For everyone else's sake.

Dannywoods1
04-26-2009, 03:43 PM

<div class="pseg">v. con·tra·dict·ed, con·tra·dict·ing, con·tra·dicts </div>v.tr.
<div class="ds-list">1. To assert or express the opposite of (a statement).</div>
<div class="ds-list">2. To deny the statement of. See Synonyms at deny (http://www.thefreedictionary.com/deny).</div>

, </p>

Your at it again... Im an eli fan.... and i don't make up stories read my posts.

Harooni
04-26-2009, 03:44 PM

, </p>

Your at it again... Im an eli fan.... and i don't make up stories read my posts.

So when did i personally Attack you? or are you both friends? lol

Hampton27 missed
04-26-2009, 03:49 PM
I guess Gumby doesn't realize that a QB who doesn't go to the team that actually drafts him will have more scrutiny and be under a microscope more than any other. He also doesn't realize that in turn it will bring the backers to be more protective as well.

Dannywoods1
04-26-2009, 03:50 PM

, </p>

UGHHH u misunderstood i'm sorry i did not spell it out for a child. What you did was when you said eli lovers make up stories was piss off a group of people who are eli fans. Not all of eli lovers make up stories. Your just hilarious though... LMAO thanks for another laugh.

Harooni
04-26-2009, 03:54 PM

, </p>

UGHHH u misunderstood i'm sorry i did not spell it out for a child. What you did was when you said eli lovers make up stories was piss off a group of people who are eli fans. Not all of eli lovers make up stories. Your just hilarious though... LMAO thanks for another laugh.

lol oh the irony

Dannywoods1
04-26-2009, 04:00 PM

, </p>

lol oh the irony

You probably think Daniel Murphy should be cut as well.

Harooni
04-26-2009, 04:03 PM
You probably think Daniel Murphy should be cut as well.

Not sure he is an everyday starter (right now), I love his bat but his glove gives me some serious concerns.

giantsfan420
04-26-2009, 04:25 PM
got his autograph in spring trainin, had front, I MEAN FRONT row seats right next to the mets dugout. got pics wit manuel and joked wit him to put me in at bat. murphies got a live bat.</P>

but yes u did harooni. u did it in ur clever ploy. u said u dont personallyatack, but then u told me u were better than me. i had poor intellect, and was the victaim of bullies...lol</P>

u must a forgot that huh</P>

giantsfan420
04-26-2009, 04:29 PM
and for the record dude, u are entitled to ur opinion, but sayin hes inaccurate over and over is reminicent of ur pre eli super bowl days. just get over it, im not makin up stories ur not, its just we all know he has problems with accuracy.</P>

but u d rather have another qb? i mean i know eli, and u do too, s workin his butt off to fix that part of his game.</P>

thats all hes done his whole career besides lead us to the playoffs and win a super bowl, fix his flaws.</P>

first, it was his throwin mechanics, i think hes moved up leaps and bounds in his delivery.</P>

then it was his demeanor, yeah i think he solved that problem.</P>

point being, he knows it too, as fans we shuold support him. u may be doin that, u just do it in the most inapplicable way that infuriates others. combine that with yuor mentality in which u say " i like to make giants fans mad its funny" and u see why u get these posts directed at ur response continually? its hypocritcal for u to say anythin bout eli considerin how u acted prior</P>

Harooni
04-26-2009, 04:32 PM
got his autograph in spring trainin, had front, I MEAN FRONT row seats right next to the mets dugout. got pics wit manuel and joked wit him to put me in at bat. murphies got a live bat.</p>

but yes u did harooni. u did it in ur clever ploy. u said u dont personallyatack, but then u told me u were better than me. i had poor intellect, and was the victaim of bullies...lol</p>

u must a forgot that huh</p>

that was only in defense to your attack, I never seek posters out and say things to persoanlly insult him. saying eli isn;t great is not an attack though im sure hard core eli fans feel it is.

look why cant we be grown up and argue and disagree without the mudslinging.

i have great debates with many who love Eli without the name calling and personal insults.

maybe we are more alike then you think, maybe thats why we argue.

as for murph i got lucky a friend of my fathers got me 2nd row seats in the left field box at the astro's game in houston becuase he knew i was a met fan. i was feet from murph and his glove was pathetic.

but no doubt his bat is awesome and his fielding has improved since last year. maybe with some time he could be an everyday guy like wright.

RoanokeFan
04-26-2009, 04:36 PM
well thats exactly what my concern is Eli ...I dont think he can hit these targets consistently

But if eli can step it up we should be ok

Eli just needs to keep improving his accuracy

giantsfan420
04-26-2009, 04:39 PM
got his autograph in spring trainin, had front, I MEAN FRONT row seats right next to the mets dugout. got pics wit manuel and joked wit him to put me in at bat. murphies got a live bat.</P>

but yes u did harooni. u did it in ur clever ploy. u said u dont personallyatack, but then u told me u were better than me. i had poor intellect, and was the victaim of bullies...lol</P>

u must a forgot that huh</P>

that was only in defense to your attack, I never seek posters out and say things to persoanlly insult him. saying eli isn;t great is not an attack though im sure hard core eli fans feel it is.

look why cant we be grown up and argue and disagree without the mudslinging.

i have great debates with many who love Eli without the name calling and personal insults.

maybe we are more alike then you think, maybe thats why we argue.

as for murph i got lucky a friend of my fathers got me 2nd row seats in the left field box at the astro's game in houston becuase he knew i was a met fan. i was feet from murph and his glove was pathetic.

but no doubt his bat is awesome and his fielding has improved since last year. maybe with some time he could be an everyday guy like wright.
</P>

i never really argued that u shuoldnt have ur opinion, but can u at least understand as to why i and others take offense to when u say anythin bout eli? i was even mad when u made that post sayin u were sorry and he is a great qb...its just ur persona and u worked hard to get it there. which is another reason why me and u consistently butt heads. murphys glove is not gold glove material, and he already has some basic plays turned error, but its young in the season. the mets will get goin here soon...</P>

Harooni
04-26-2009, 04:43 PM
i never said he was a bust qb or a great qb, only that i was wrong that the trade was not worth it, because one could argue 1 sb win was worth the trade, even though i did and still think Bigben was the better qb to draft instead of that trade.

this is what i dont get, i get so much heat yet plenty of other posters called him a bust. i guess its becuase i manned up and stuck around. i was wrong that i thought eli could never get us a SB and i admitted it and many would not they would have just switched names.

Pierce4Pres
04-26-2009, 04:51 PM

</P>

Then one could argue that as fans, maybe some of us are not deserving of the Lombardi and watching our team win a SB. </P>

It's ALWAYS a team effort. A team fails when it's core breaks down. Our D line was banged up and missing Osi last season. There is not ONE single player that can be blamed for last season end result. Now Plax did do a good job of messing things up, but we had opportunities we didn't capitalize on and it wasn't all about Eli. Granted, he needs to improve. There is no question. But putting the comps all on Eli is not fair. He's only one guy. Last I saw, he's a pretty acurate QB and he has improved on accuracy, Ints from 07. On paper he doesn't look as good, but you can't negate drops and injuries or the fact that he's already helped us get a ring.</P>

gumby742
04-26-2009, 04:55 PM

</p>

Then one could argue that as fans, maybe some of us are not deserving of the Lombardi and watching our team win a SB. </p>

It's ALWAYS a team effort. A team fails when it's core breaks down. Our D line was banged up and missing Osi last season. There is not ONE single player that can be blamed for last season end result. Now Plax did do a good job of messing things up, but we had opportunities we didn't capitalize on and it wasn't all about Eli. Granted, he needs to improve. There is no question. But putting the comps all on Eli is not fair. He's only one guy. Last I saw, he's a pretty acurate QB and he has improved on accuracy, Ints from 07. On paper he doesn't look as good, but you can't negate drops and injuries or the fact that he's already helped us get a ring.</p>

You're talking as if he's still a rookie. He's in his prime now.