PDA

View Full Version : Kruunch's Media Hysteria Mock

Kruunch
04-22-2013, 10:19 AM
Based on late day media hysteria rising and falling board predictions (ala CBS) ...

1) Bjoern Werner (DE)

2) Justin Pugh (OT)

3) John Bostic (LB)

4) Shamarko Thomas (S)

5) Marcus Lattimore (RB)

6) Nick Kasa (TE)

7) John Lotulelei (LB)

7) Micah Hyde (CB)

ryan12
04-22-2013, 10:54 AM
i like it although i wouldnt wait until last pick to take cb i would take one no lower than 4th rd

GiantPride13
04-22-2013, 12:24 PM
Based on late day media hysteria rising and falling board predictions (ala CBS) ...

1) Bjoern Werner (DE)

2) Justin Pugh (OT)

3) John Bostic (LB)

4) Shamarko Thomas (S)

5) Marcus Lattimore (RB)

6) Nick Kasa (TE)

7) John Lotulelei (LB)

7) Micah Hyde (CB)

I would jump on board for this mock. love your 1, 2, 4, and 6 pick. and dont see a pick that i would hate.

if i had any critism its of the lattimore pick. i like him as a player but his cronic injurys scare me away from him. could grab a good back with much less injury risk in the 5th. Maybe a Zac Stacy, Mick Gillesee, kenjon barner, or Latavious Murray

Carter.525
04-22-2013, 12:28 PM
picks 1 & 3 are money..

Kruunch
04-22-2013, 12:33 PM
I would jump on board for this mock. love your 1, 2, 4, and 6 pick. and dont see a pick that i would hate.

if i had any critism its of the lattimore pick. i like him as a player but his cronic injurys scare me away from him. could grab a good back with much less injury risk in the 5th. Maybe a Zac Stacy, Mick Gillesee, kenjon barner, or Latavious Murray

Lattimore is a flyer pick ... 1st round potential (if he can stay healthy) in a 5th round pick. Not much wasted if he can't. Additionally his running style would definitely compliment Wilson (he's a power back) and the split carries might limit the liability.

Kruunch
04-22-2013, 12:37 PM
i like it although i wouldnt wait until last pick to take cb i would take one no lower than 4th rd

I agree but I went with need over greed here. The Giants have their starting CBs this year (and their depth) and they aren't afraid to start rookie CBs (so if CWeb is gone in 2014, they draft one next year high up).

Micah Hyde is also a guy they've brought in and is the prototypical size the Giants love in a CB. But while he's listed as a CB, he's really being translated into a FS (and supposedly is a ST monster).

shane4177
04-22-2013, 05:16 PM
Can I join the hysteria also.....

1 Xavier Rhodes CB
2 Damotre Moore DE
3 Khaseem Greene OLB
4 Bacarri Rambo FS
5 Earl Watford G
6 Corey Fuller WR
7 Latavius Murray RB
7 Kwame Geathers DT

Toadofsteel
04-22-2013, 05:35 PM
If it were truly media hysteria, it would look like this:

1) Alec Ogletree LB Georgia
2) Alec Ogletree LB Georgia
3) Alec Ogletree LB Georgia
4) Alec Ogletree LB Georgia
5) Alec Ogletree LB Georgia
6) Alec Ogletree LB Georgia
7) Alec Ogletree LB Georgia

Carter.525
04-22-2013, 05:42 PM
If it were truly media hysteria, it would look like this:

1) Alec Ogletree LB Georgia
2) Alec Ogletree LB Georgia
3) Alec Ogletree LB Georgia
4) Alec Ogletree LB Georgia
5) Alec Ogletree LB Georgia
6) Alec Ogletree LB Georgia

great mock.. tons of value here

qndarius3
04-22-2013, 07:06 PM

1) Bjoern Werner (DE)

2) Justin Pugh (OT)

3) John Bostic (LB)

4) Shamarko Thomas (S)

5) Marcus Lattimore (RB)

6) Nick Kasa (TE)

7) John Lotulelei (LB)

7) Micah Hyde (CB)

Lots of love for the Cuse!

Sovereign
04-22-2013, 08:18 PM
I like it. We can't pass on a high round CB though. Even if Corey magically turns good again we still have no future aside from Prince. And as we can see from last year it doesn't matter how good you are if the other CB sucks.

Kruunch
04-24-2013, 09:39 AM
I like it. We can't pass on a high round CB though. Even if Corey magically turns good again we still have no future aside from Prince. And as we can see from last year it doesn't matter how good you are if the other CB sucks.

In 2011 he was a Top 5 CB in the league. CWeb has had up and down years prior to last year and when challenged has risen to the occasion. Plus it's a contract year for him in 2013.

I think he plays stellar in 2013 and we draft a CB high in 2014 (after CWeb leaves via FA). Just my take on how it goes down.

TAILGATIN'
04-24-2013, 11:32 AM
Can I join the hysteria also.....

1 Xavier Rhodes CB
2 Damotre Moore DE
3 Khaseem Greene OLB
4 Bacarri Rambo FS
5 Earl Watford G
6 Corey Fuller WR
7 Latavius Murray RB
7 Kwame Geathers DT
That hysteria all right.. I doubt any of those players in rounds 1-4 are there in that corresponding round.

Kruunch
04-26-2013, 12:01 AM
Well I got the right player ... Wrong round.

Pugh is going to be a good RT for us for a long time. Not a sexy pick but a needed one. He can also play guard and center.

Wonder how the rest will unfold.

G-Men Surg.
04-26-2013, 01:11 AM

Pugh is going to be a good RT for us for a long time. Not a sexy pick but a needed one. He can also play guard and center.

:)

myles2424
04-26-2013, 02:12 AM

You were right about him in the 2nd....sheriff Floyd & Pugh in the 2nd could've very well happened.....if not Larry warford,etc....

Kruunch
04-26-2013, 08:44 AM
You were right about him in the 2nd....sheriff Floyd & Pugh in the 2nd could've very well happened.....if not Larry warford,etc....

Yeah it was a little odd that the Giants jumped the gun on him so quickly.

Obviously they (and everyone else) knew there was going to be a run on OL and the Giants jumped into the feeding frenzy. But past that, I think the Giants got a really good player and someone they desperately needed. Look at the Cowboys, Bears and Chargers jumping the gun on players that are VERY iffy at their positions (or in Travis Frederick's case, a late second round prospect at Center).

My biggest pinge of regret on the night was watching Xavier Rhodes and Bjoern Werner slide past us.