PDA

View Full Version : Rate Tollefson's Play this year?

giantsfan420
12-28-2011, 10:42 PM
How do you guys feel he has played so far this year?

I saw some one else say that he sucks.

I was just wondering what fellow Giants fans think of his play?

I think he is an avg. player that has contributed and played the role he's been asked to pretty well. He's not an all star by any means, probably not even more than an avg. player. But, I still think he's done a good job for the Giants this year considering he was cut and then asked back onto the squad I believe.

What do you guys think?

YATittle1962
12-28-2011, 10:43 PM
Dave is all heart

absolute quality depth at DE

he has played very well

5 sacks is a career high for him

JJC7301
12-28-2011, 10:46 PM
He makes some plays and sacks every year. I'm glad that we have him on our team.

giantsfan420
12-28-2011, 10:47 PM
Dave is all heart

absolute quality depth at DE

he has played very well

5 sacks is a career high for him

I agree. good quality depth. nothing more, I wouldnt want him being our full time starter. but as an off the bench, role player, guy brings heart and does a pretty good job.

B-Red22
12-28-2011, 10:47 PM
Tolly has always been one of my favorite players because he is just all heart, the dude loves to play the game. I was upset when we didnt' resign him earlier this year right away. He provides great depth at DE

giantsfan420
12-28-2011, 10:48 PM
Tolly has always been one of my favorite players because he is just all heart, the dude loves to play the game. I was upset when we didnt' resign him earlier this year right away. He provides great depth at DE
+1

Drez
12-28-2011, 10:49 PM
For what he is, which is a back up DE, he gets an A. </P>

As YA said, he's all heart and motor. He isn't spectacular at anything, but adequate (and not much more than that) at both run stopping and pass rushing. We'd be in trouble if we had to rely on him as a starter for an extended time, but he's a great guy to have in the rotation. He's one of those invisible cogs that helps things to keep running.</P>

GiantWarfare
12-28-2011, 10:49 PM
Tolly's been doing more than fine

He's a scrapper, and he hustles, gives quality minutes when he's out there while helping to give JPP & Co a breather and he's invaluable on ST...

Couldn't have asked more from him

giantman8493
12-28-2011, 10:53 PM
I think he is the most underrated player on this defense. I think he can start on most other teams.

Buckeroo
12-28-2011, 10:56 PM
he plays hard and is a good back up DE.

giantsfan420
12-28-2011, 11:06 PM
so, this question is to everyone but specifically a poster like YA who is renowned around here because of his high football iq and general knowledge of football especially giants football...

would any of you say his play this year "sucks"? is that stance a fair representation of his play this year?

gmen0820
12-28-2011, 11:09 PM
You seriously made a thread to try to disprove my stance that I already know is a minority opinion? Congrats man

YATittle1962
12-28-2011, 11:18 PM
You seriously made a thread to try to disprove my stance that I already know is a minority opinion? Congrats man

whats yr stance?...out of curiosity

YATittle1962
12-28-2011, 11:21 PM
so, this question is to everyone but specifically a poster like YA who is renowned around here because of his high football iq and general knowledge of football especially giants football...

would any of you say his play this year "sucks"? is that stance a fair representation of his play this year?

I absolutely would not say he sucks.....

the guys is in no way the most talented cat on this line but he plays with more heart than most of the starters

he is smart and scrappy.....he will fight you until the echo of the whistle

he would start on some teams

gmen0820
12-28-2011, 11:28 PM

whats yr stance?...out of curiosityI said he's sucked, which was a statement made because of the discussion of the return of Osi.

People got mad for saying he's sucked, when I throw that term around loosely, and everyone has their own interpretation on it, so when it becomes a premise of an argument, it really is a no win situation. My reasoning is that from the games I've watched and rewatched, I see a player struggling in run support and pass rushing, but a kid with a great motor and a lot of heart (this can all be read in the thread), and because of that, I even said that a player like Osi, who I regard very highly, if he can't match Tolly's heart and motor, I wouldn't put him in the game.

Tolly, I see as a backup caliber player who has had to play way more than anticipated. Because of that, and his snap total (50%), I would call him more then just an overachieving backup this year, and more of a bad starter. Just my stance, and I realize it is in the minority.

EDIT: And for the record, I said 'has sucked'.

jomo
12-28-2011, 11:30 PM
so, this question is to everyone but specifically a poster like YA who is renowned around here because of his high football iq and general knowledge of football especially giants football... would any of you say his play this year "sucks"? is that stance a fair representation of his play this year? I absolutely would not say he sucks..... the guys is in no way the most talented cat on this line but he plays with more heart than most of the starters he is smart and scrappy.....he will fight you until the echo of the whistle he would start on some teams.......and don't forget his contributions on special teams. [Y] I have to say that we are getting great value for our money with Tolley.

blueomaha
12-28-2011, 11:46 PM
Tollefson has a lot of fight in him and can play with the big boys...like him a lot....

Harooni
12-28-2011, 11:50 PM
better and cheaper than osi , a stud who can play the run also. great #3 guy behind jjp and tuck

giantsfan420
12-29-2011, 12:09 AM
yeah I agree with most people.

and gmen0820 don't flatter yourself. you said he sucked, I wanted to see how other people viewed it bc Tollefson is rarely talked about. Your opinion just gave me the idea to see how people viewed his play.

and I don't remember seeing you say anything about your opinion was the minority, you just stated he sucks. So I wanted to see what fellow giants fans said. If I had tried to make it about you I would have said in the OP "gmen0820" said he sucks and not "i saw another giants fan say he sucks, what do you guys think"

no need to get all defensive lol, just wanted to see what some respectable, intelligent football/giants fans thought about Tollefson bc he rarely gets any sort of credit, let alone the credit he deserves.

I think its fair to say that 99% of the people who've commented here share similar sentiments, and not one person besides you claims he sucks.

giantsfan420
12-29-2011, 12:10 AM
so, this question is to everyone but specifically a poster like YA who is renowned around here because of his high football iq and general knowledge of football especially giants football... would any of you say his play this year "sucks"? is that stance a fair representation of his play this year? I absolutely would not say he sucks..... the guys is in no way the most talented cat on this line but he plays with more heart than most of the starters he is smart and scrappy.....he will fight you until the echo of the whistle he would start on some teams.......and don't forget his contributions on special teams. [Y] I have to say that we are getting great value for our money with Tolley.
+1

giantsfan420
12-29-2011, 12:11 AM

whats yr stance?...out of curiosityI said he's sucked, which was a statement made because of the discussion of the return of Osi.

People got mad for saying he's sucked, when I throw that term around loosely, and everyone has their own interpretation on it, so when it becomes a premise of an argument, it really is a no win situation. My reasoning is that from the games I've watched and rewatched, I see a player struggling in run support and pass rushing, but a kid with a great motor and a lot of heart (this can all be read in the thread), and because of that, I even said that a player like Osi, who I regard very highly, if he can't match Tolly's heart and motor, I wouldn't put him in the game.

Tolly, I see as a backup caliber player who has had to play way more than anticipated. Because of that, and his snap total (50%), I would call him more then just an overachieving backup this year, and more of a bad starter. Just my stance, and I realize it is in the minority.

gmen0820:
As much as Tollefson sucks this year he does have a motor...
He can play DE and DT because that's his position. It doesn't mean he plays it well. He has a nice motor and that's about it. He is awful against the run and nothing special against the pass as well.

i just wanted to see if ur opinion matched others. thats all. ur entitled to ur opinion like im entitled to disagree with it and see if others feel the same way u do. nothing personal at all.

gmen0820
12-29-2011, 12:16 AM

gmen0820:
As much as Tollefson sucks this year he does have a motor.Yup, sucks this year. The past tense of that is 'has sucked'.

gmen0820
12-29-2011, 12:18 AM
i just wanted to see if ur opinion matched others. thats all. ur entitled to ur opinion like im entitled to disagree with it and see if others feel the same way u do. nothing personal at all.Okay, I never said you weren't entitled to those rights.

giantsfan420
12-29-2011, 12:19 AM
i just wanted to see if ur opinion matched others. thats all. ur entitled to ur opinion like im entitled to disagree with it and see if others feel the same way u do. nothing personal at all.Okay, I never said you weren't entitled to those rights.

i know. u just made a post about "i made this thread directed at you" when that wasnt the case at all. i wanted to see if others felt the same way as u.

but lets not hijack the thread into a me vs u deal,

curious to see how people view tollefson. he's an underrated aspect of our d imo, he never gets the credit he deserves and has done whats asked of him pretty damn well

gmen0820
12-29-2011, 12:20 AM

i know. u just made a post about "i made this thread directed at you" when that wasnt the case at all. i wanted to see if others felt the same way as u.

but lets not hijack the thread into a me vs u deal,

curious to see how people view tollefson. he's an underrated aspect of our d imo, he never gets the credit he deserves and has done whats asked of him pretty damn wellI said you made this thread to disprove my stance. Never did I say it was directed at me.