PDA

View Full Version : Does it scare anyone else...

Rudyy
12-28-2011, 11:06 PM
That everybody (the media) is picking us to win this game? I kinda wanted to be underdogs because we seem to play better with our backs up against the wall..
Does this worry anyone else?

giant.slo
12-28-2011, 11:10 PM
Don't know about NY but nationally they picked us more last week than Jets so we will be just fine.

If there won't be a classic no show from our players we win.

JJC7301
12-28-2011, 11:14 PM
Yep. This team does NOT play when well when favored and they have not been good at home for a while now. They play much better as the underdog and experts (and us) questioning them.

Well, it's time for the Giants to end that crap anyway. Start winning at home and make the damn playoffs for the first time in 3 years.

stormblue
12-28-2011, 11:15 PM
the favorite/underdog only matters to Vegas or
your local STIB (short term investment broker)

it does not have any bearing on the outcome of the game.

so no ; being the favorite doesn't bother me at all.

giantsfan420
12-28-2011, 11:17 PM
does anyone know the line on this game?

i remember after we lost to DC, a fan made a post about how the cowboys were 7-1 favorites to win the east, the eagles were 11-1 favorites, and the giants were 30-1 favorites. looks like some giants fans may get a very nice payday. i was seriously considering putting 1000 down on the gmen.

but anyone know the line for this game, does vegas have us as favorites?

touchdown44
12-28-2011, 11:19 PM
That everybody (the media) is picking us to win this game? I kinda wanted to be underdogs because we seem to play better with our backs up against the wall..
Does this worry anyone else?

it scares everyone.. who is a giants fan

stormblue
12-28-2011, 11:31 PM
does anyone know the line on this game?

i remember after we lost to DC, a fan made a post about how the cowboys were 7-1 favorites to win the east, the eagles were 11-1 favorites, and the giants were 30-1 favorites. looks like some giants fans may get a very nice payday. i was seriously considering putting 1000 down on the gmen.

but anyone know the line for this game, does vegas have us as favorites?

g-men minus 3

Yankees807
12-28-2011, 11:39 PM
The health of Nicks and Mham are a bit concerning bc we need all hands on deck to win this one. Ballard is def out. Nicks said he couldnt really dig in or be effective deep against the Jets. Just when I thought guys were comin back more nagging injuries pop up. I really hope Osi suits up too.

stormblue
12-28-2011, 11:39 PM
actually , these two teams have a habit of going right down to the last play of the game.

so minus 3 is a bad number cuz if we win by 3 with a last minute field goal it would just be a push.

and don't forget that the giants could also play for a tie in overtime.....cuz a tie will also win the division, run the clock out without even kicking a field goal.

i personally think we should handle them
easily , but i think -3 is a bad number.

now if you can con your stib into -2.5
that would be worth it.

gmen0820
12-28-2011, 11:50 PM
Past nine weeks have shown that you should take the points in Giants games. 7-2 if you do, only losses NY+4 vs. SF and NY+7 vs NO.

As for the season: 10-4-1 if you take the points with in a game with the Giants.

Public fade, division game, freezing weather, I'm taking the points. Guarantee you Vegas has the line at 3.5-5 by Sunday as a way to even out the public.

NYfanatic
12-28-2011, 11:56 PM
Yea I am picking the cowboys to have the "Momentum" I say for this game.
Only one still not picking us is Skip Bayless and Walter Football.com