PDA

View Full Version : Looking back at the 2010 NFL Draft. . .

RagTime Blue
12-29-2011, 12:46 AM
I think it's safe to say that JPP is a stud. But looking back to one of the least popular picks ever seen on these boards. . .

1. Who were you hoping we'd pick during the days leading up to the draft?
2. While we were on the clock, who were you hoping we'd pick?
3. What were your thoughts on the pick when it was announced?

For me,

1. I liked CJ Spiller and Earl Thomas. Wasn't a big McClain fan.
2. I was hoping for Mike Iupati when we ended up picking JPP.
3. I was largely unaware of JPP, but knew the rap on him was that he's raw, a workout-warrior, not ready to contribute, and had high "bust potential".

Here's to being wrong! [B]

NYfanatic
12-29-2011, 12:51 AM
I was shocked since I saw all the people say he was high "Bust" potential. So I was mad at the pick. But then again he proved us wrong. Go JPP!

GiantWarfare
12-29-2011, 01:03 AM
I think it's safe to say that JPP is a stud.* But looking back to one of the least popular picks ever seen on these boards. . .

1.* Who were you hoping we'd pick during the days leading up to the draft?
2.* While we were on the clock, who were you hoping we'd pick?
3.* What were your thoughts on the pick when it was announced?

For me,

1.* I liked CJ Spiller and Earl Thomas.* Wasn't a big McClain fan.
2.* I was hoping for Mike Iupati when we ended up picking JPP.*
3.* I was largely unaware of JPP, but knew the rap on him was that he's raw, a workout-warrior, not ready to contribute, and had high "bust potential".

1. Spiller, McClain, Iupati

2. Iupati, Pouncey, Bulaga, Morgan (anyone of those)

3. Umm??? Who? (didn't scout him at all, so I knew nothing about him aside from him being considered by the experts as a project with high-risk high-reward potential)

But ever since he stepped on the field for us, I've been down w/ JPP!

Fav player hands down

ELIistheFRANCHISE
12-29-2011, 01:05 AM
I was shocked since I saw all the people say he was high "Bust" potential. So I was mad at the pick. But then again he proved us wrong. Go JPP!

I remember that day..I was listening on the radio that driving back from 29 palms (US Marine) and heard the raiders pick Rolando mcclain at 8 and was devastated. Then we picked JPP and I wont lie, I was like "WHO!?" "ANOTHER DE!" "IDIOTS!" but man oh man....being wrong never felt so good!!

jhamburg
12-29-2011, 01:47 AM
Do that draft over again and I think JPP goes first overall, right?

gmen0820
12-29-2011, 02:01 AM
I wanted to trade back and get Dan Williams. With the extra second rounder, I wanted to trade up to the early second where it was presumed Carlos Dunlap would go.

Dunlap went late second though. So I loved the DT/DE combo, I just would have done it differently. I lived Carlos Dunlap. I had him as my second DE, behind Derrick Morgan.

Spizi
12-29-2011, 02:07 AM
1. McClain or Spiller
2. Weatherspoon
3. WTF?!?! NO!!

myles2424
12-29-2011, 02:24 AM
I think it's safe to say that JPP is a stud.* But looking back to one of the least popular picks ever seen on these boards. . .

1.* Who were you hoping we'd pick during the days leading up to the draft?
2.* While we were on the clock, who were you hoping we'd pick?
3.* What were your thoughts on the pick when it was announced?

For me,

1.* I liked CJ Spiller and Earl Thomas.* Wasn't a big McClain fan.
2.* I was hoping for Mike Iupati when we ended up picking JPP.*
3.* I was largely unaware of JPP, but knew the rap on him was that he's raw, a workout-warrior, not ready to contribute, and had high "bust potential".

1.McClain,Earl Thomas,Weatherspoon
2.Weatherspoon.....but the words "i have a funny feeling we're going to take that DE from USF here" came out of my mouth....
3.well we must have a plan for a LB through FA....I didn't cry over it, I immediately forgot about the guys I was hoping for,did more research on JPP & embraced it......& thought we went all in with that pick and Reese & co better hope it works or they'll be bashed left & right if spoon or Derrick morgan turn into beasts....

I'd say we made the right move.....

I haven't questioned our 1st round picks for awhile now, it's our mid-late round stuff that makes me cringe...

Bohemian
12-29-2011, 02:31 AM
I remember being in my little Ottawa basement apart following the tracker on the web, and hoping that McClain would be our MLB to resolve the position once and for all. I usually do a lot of reading prior to the draft, so I was very well aware of the supreme talent that is JPP, he actually reminds me of Osi coming out of college, as he too was a fairly unknown commodity. I am always a 'wait and see' kind of draft guy, because I have massively wrong, as in thinking that Ron Dayne was going to be our Jerome Bettis... and wondering how Tom Brady was ever able to slip to such a late pick. I was happy with the JPP pick, but I was more concerned that we did not follow it up with a true quality MLB, as I was not impressed at all with the Dillard pick.

I remember that I was really hoping for a LBs Sean Lee, Brandon Spikes, Darryl Washington, Pat Angerer. I recall that almost everyone on this board was up in arms about Sean Weatherspoon.

All in all, I can't complain with having JPP. Now, lets see how Prince develops, and here is hoping that he becomes what he is expected to become... the franchise's shutdown corner for the next decade.

TheEnigma
12-29-2011, 03:33 AM
For the 1st round of 2010, I really wanted Bulaga and thought it was a realistic possibility of us selecting him. Had we taken him, I think we would of been pleased with having one of the better OT's in football right now. Of course, the JPP pick has been better so far but Bulaga would of been ok.

For 2011, I clamored for and really wanted Tyron Smith. As anyone who's watched his games this year, he's already one of the best tackles in football. Sure, he's had a few bad games but the kid is only 20. When that option went out the window, I thought we'd grab Mark Ingram at the #19 spot since I assumed Prince would be off the board before hand. Ingram looks good and doesn't get the credit because he's playing for the Saints who can afford to not use him. Jury is still out on Prince obviously until next year.

myles2424
12-29-2011, 04:47 AM
For the 1st round of 2010, I really wanted Bulaga and thought it was a realistic possibility of us selecting him. Had we taken him, I think we would of been pleased with having one of the better OT's in football right now. Of course, the JPP pick has been better so far but Bulaga would of been ok.

For 2011, I clamored for and really wanted Tyron Smith. As anyone who's watched his games this year, he's already one of the best tackles in football. Sure, he's had a few bad games but the kid is only 20. When that option went out the window, I thought we'd grab Mark Ingram at the #19 spot since I assumed Prince would be off the board before hand. Ingram looks good and doesn't get the credit because he's playing for the Saints who can afford to not use him. Jury is still out on Prince obviously until next year. about Ingram......idk why the saints even wasted there time drafting the guy.....their passing game works so well having a 1st round RB is such a waste.....and the little that they do run, they do just fine with Thomas & sproles......Ingram will rot in new Orleans, it's a shame..

NYSPORTS
12-29-2011, 06:44 AM
Was thinking Iupati and forget who else.

Was NOT a fan of the Spiller posse.

tonyt830
12-29-2011, 07:54 AM
I know I was a fan of Weatherspoon, Spiller, Thomas, Iupati and Pouncey and did not think the Giants should draft another DE. If anything, I thought Derrick Morgan was a more complete DE.

I'm glad I was wrong and only an armchair GM---LOL!!

blueomaha
12-29-2011, 07:55 AM
1 Spiller and Ingram
2 Ingram
3 had no clue on JPP....steal of the draft...