PDA

View Full Version : OSI IS A SELFISH JERK

NYGiantsFan56
12-29-2011, 09:27 AM
I guess I should be happy Osi returned to practice yesterday but after reading this report I am convinced Osi has been dogging it.Why? You dont go from a report last weekend where it said he has no push off on his leg from his high ankle sprain to showing up 7 days later in top form on the field. Something doesn't jive. I remember Strahan had a high ankle sprain and he was hampered for a good portion of the season. Either this guy had a miracle healing or he dogged it and now just wants to get on the field for contract purposes. THIS GUY IS NOT A TEAM PLAYER. HE IS ALL FOR HIMSELF. I guess you decide!!!!!</P>
<H1 class=entry-title>Giants' Osi Umenyiora back to practice, blazing up the field</H1>
<H5>Published: Wednesday, December 28, 2011, 9:25 PM Updated: <SPAN class=updated title=2011-12-29T08:59:40Z>Thursday, December 29, 2011, 3:59 AM</SPAN></H5>
<DIV class=author_info sizset="45" sizcache="0">http://media.nj.com/avatars/787.png (http://connect.nj.com/user/mgarafol/index.html)<SPAN class=author_byline sizset="46" sizcache="0">By <SPAN class="author vcard" sizset="46" sizcache="0">Mike Garafolo/The Star-Ledger (http://connect.nj.com/user/mgarafol/index.html)</SPAN><SPAN style="DISPLAY: none; VISIBILITY: hidden" class="source-org vcard"><SPAN class="org fn">The Star-Ledger</SPAN></SPAN> </SPAN></DIV>
<DIV class=clear></DIV>
<DIV id=EntryStats class=box_gray_gray_ol sizset="0" sizcache="86">
<DIV class=box_top_left></DIV>
<DIV class=box_top_right></DIV>
<DIV class=box_content sizset="0" sizcache="86">
<DIV id=m_fb_like><?xml:namespace prefix = fb ns = "http://www.facebook.com/2008/fbml" /><fb:like class=" fb_edge_widget_with_comment fb_iframe_widget" href="http://www.nj.com/giants/index.ssf/2011/12/giants_osi_umenyiora_back_to_p.html" action="recommend" show_faces="true" font="verdana" width="440"><SPAN></SPAN></fb:like></DIV>
<DIV id=m_buttons sizset="14" sizcache="74">
<DIV id=m_comment sizset="14" sizcache="73"><SPAN class=bubble></SPAN></DIV>
<DIV class=pad></DIV></DIV>
<DIV class=clear0></DIV></DIV>
<DIV class=box_bottom_left></DIV>
<DIV class=box_bottom_right></DIV></DIV>
<DIV class=entry-content sizset="57" sizcache="0">
<DIV class="entry_widget_large entry_widget_right"><SPAN class=adv-photo-large>http://media.nj.com/giants_impact/photo/10392947-large.jpg</SPAN></DIV>
<DIV class="entry_widget_large entry_widget_right"><SPAN class=adv-photo-large><SPAN class=photo-data><FONT size=2><SPAN class=byline>Andrew Mills/The Star-Ledger</SPAN><SPAN class=caption>Giants defensive end Osi Umenyiora seemed in top form at practice today at the Timex Performance Center.</SPAN></FONT></SPAN></SPAN></DIV>

After playing more than 100 snaps against the Jets, Jason Pierre-Paul was very happy to see Osi Umenyiora on the practice field yesterday, taking some plays away from him.</P>

“Yeah, I need that rest,” Pierre-Paul said.</P>
<P sizset="60" sizcache="0">And the Giants (http://www.nj.com/giants/) need Umenyiora, who hadn’t played or practiced since suffering a high-ankle sprain against the New Orleans Saints on Nov. 28. But given the enormity of Sunday’s game against the Dallas Cowboys plus this being perhaps his last chance to make an impression before another offseason push for a new contract, Umenyiora appears set to make his return.</P>

In top form, apparently.</P>

“He’s faster than ever,” linebacker Mathias Kiwanuka said when asked how Umenyiora looked.</P>

Considering he has seven sacks in eight games this season, that’s promising for the Giants.</P></DIV>

NJ10
12-29-2011, 09:45 AM
I dont care, he is back and that is good news. I see him making some plays on Sunday to help us win and that is all that matters. Next year he will be gone so lets get what we can out of him. A nice strip sack on Romo, whacking him on his hand causing a fumble and putting him out of the game would be nice.

GameTime
12-29-2011, 09:46 AM
I have been saying that for a few weeks that he was waiting until the Giants were either in the playoffs or very close to getting in. If they beat the Skins he would have been practicing last week. Of course I have no way of validating that but its just a gut feeling. He knows he is most likelygone next year so why risk injury except for the playoffs. I hate to think that about Osi but......</P>

TrueBlue07
12-29-2011, 09:47 AM
<div><span class="996284413-29122011"><font size="2">I've been yelling for a few
weeks now that O$i is dogging it. Everything seemed so fishy about the
situation. He jogged off the field on his own accord in New Orleans, he had a
high ankle sprain that every week was reported as the same. Sorry, but even
high ankle sprains get better from week to week, you're not as hurt in week 3-4
as you were in week 1. All of the reports on O$i were from "a source familiar
with the situation", never anyone specific. Maybe he figured "why play at less
than 100% and not produce like I know I can if the team will hold it against me
in contract talks?". Maybe it was out of spite, at this point we'll prob never
get the true answer. All I care about now is him not disrupting JPP, hopefully
he can contribute in some form down the stretch, and then we can trade him for
an asset. I also want to trade him so we control where he goes. Otherwise you
can put money on it, this guy will be a Jet in 2013.</font></span></div>

NYGiantsFan56
12-29-2011, 09:50 AM
I dont care, he is back and that is good news. I see him making some plays on Sunday to help us win and that is all that matters. Next year he will be gone so lets get what we can out of him. A nice strip sack on Romo, whacking him on his hand causing a fumble and putting him out of the game would be nice.

</P>

YOUR RIGHT. GET WHAT WE CAN GET OUT OF HIM AND GET RID OF HIM. NOT A GUY YOU NEED IN LOCKERROOM. ANY EXTRA MONEY SHOULD GO TO TUCK. THE GUY HAS BEEN PLAYING HURT ALL YEAR. HE IS A TRUE GIANT</P>

NYGiantsFan56
12-29-2011, 09:52 AM
I have been saying that for a few weeks that he was waiting until the Giants were either in the playoffs or very close to getting in. If they beat the Skins he would have been practicing last week. Of course I have no way of validating that but its just a gut feeling. He knows he is most likelygone next year so why risk injury except for the playoffs. I hate to think that about Osi but......</P>

</P>

You have proven to be 100% correct!!!!!!!!!!! The article says it all</P>

NYGiantsFan56
12-29-2011, 09:54 AM
<DIV><SPAN class=996284413-29122011><FONT size=2>I've been yelling for a few weeks now that O$i is dogging it. Everything seemed so fishy about the situation. He jogged off the field on his own accord in New Orleans, he had a high ankle sprain that every week was reported as the same. Sorry, but even high ankle sprains get better from week to week, you're not as hurt in week 3-4 as you were in week 1. All of the reports on O$i were from "a source familiar with the situation", never anyone specific. Maybe he figured "why play at less than 100% and not produce like I know I can if the team will hold it against me in contract talks?". Maybe it was out of spite, at this point we'll prob never get the true answer. All I care about now is him not disrupting JPP, hopefully he can contribute in some form down the stretch, and then we can trade him for an asset. I also want to trade him so we control where he goes. Otherwise you can put money on it, this guy will be a Jet in 2013.</FONT></SPAN></DIV>

</P>

The guy is a dog. Get what we can get and show him the door. I agree that we should pick where he goes. trade the jerk</P>

GameTime
12-29-2011, 09:57 AM
<DIV><SPAN class=996284413-29122011><FONT size=2>I've been yelling for a few weeks now that O$i is dogging it. Everything seemed so fishy about the situation. He jogged off the field on his own accord in New Orleans, he had a high ankle sprain that every week was reported as the same. Sorry, but even high ankle sprains get better from week to week, you're not as hurt in week 3-4 as you were in week 1. All of the reports on O$i were from "a source familiar with the situation", never anyone specific. Maybe he figured "why play at less than 100% and not produce like I know I can if the team will hold it against me in contract talks?". Maybe it was out of spite, at this point we'll prob never get the true answer. All I care about now is him not disrupting JPP, hopefully he can contribute in some form down the stretch, and then we can trade him for an asset. I also want to trade him so we control where he goes. Otherwise you can put money on it, this guy will be a Jet in 2013.</FONT></SPAN></DIV>

</P>

yeah sucks doesnt it...</P>

but as you say get something for him and if he is selfish enough he will play great for himself and hopefully the Giants can benefit from that....</P>

</P>

OrangeGiant
12-29-2011, 10:03 AM
Who knows what the situation really is/was with his ankle. TC says he's been working his butt off to get back so I'll give him the benefit of the doubt, I guess.</P>

Either way, the guy misses games every year with injuries. Yes, when healthy, he can make a big impact on the game with his strip sack ability. But he isn't always healthy and he is pretty one dimentional as a DE.</P>

That being said, I am glad he's back and hopefully he stays healthy and can make an impact if the Giants win Sunday and move on. I don't think he's back next year, so we should get his best play moving forward.</P>

SweetZombieJesus
12-29-2011, 10:36 AM
this will be Osi's farewell tour.

Vtgmenfan89
12-29-2011, 10:46 AM
I gotta be honest.....I dont know how excited I am that he's back, unless it's strictly as a situational player. he does not deserve to have his starting spot back unless it's to do just that, start and then come out for JPP. When we had osi tuck and jpp all healthy our d-line played awful. I don't know if it's how they're being used or what but it did not work well....my only hope is that Osi actually steps up and brings it in hopes of getting into the playoffs and getting another championship. That's more important than big money, right?

chizz
12-29-2011, 10:48 AM
here we go again .

lionjune
12-29-2011, 10:50 AM
SO WHO STARTS SUNDAY OSI OR JPP?</P>

I mean i know who i want to start thats for sure</P>

yatitle
12-29-2011, 10:53 AM

Then I hope he has 4 more games after this one.

NYSPORTS
12-29-2011, 10:54 AM
Does he have bonus dollars in his contract if the Giants make the playoffs?

Maybe it will raise his trade value and market value?

Joe Morrison
12-29-2011, 10:59 AM
Does he have bonus dollars in his contract if the Giants make the playoffs? Maybe it will raise his trade value and market value?</P>

OSI has 7.5 sacks and 2 forced fumbles is 8 games of part time, I would love to see him in Romo's face this weekend.</P>

Firenugget
12-29-2011, 11:01 AM

Yep.

Joe Morrison
12-29-2011, 11:01 AM

</P>

Start OSI, JPP, KIWI and TUCK, let JPP and KIWI stay up and roam the line in the middle before the snap and let the fireworks begin.</P>

Tony Bruno
12-29-2011, 11:02 AM
I think he knows JPP is a beast and really is trying to put on a show for the next team to grab him.. Either way if we didnt have JPP Id be upset but to think we would actually just give Osi his position back after all JPP has done is a serious coaching blunder...

If anything Osi should be sharing time with a banged up Tuck... I like Osi and JPP coming off the edges...

But Osi will probably be gone along with Jacobs next year...

Ruttiger711
12-29-2011, 11:02 AM
SO WHO STARTS SUNDAY OSI OR JPP?</p>

I mean i know who i want to start thats for sure</p>

</p>

Start OSI, JPP, KIWI and TUCK, let JPP and KIWI stay up and roam the line in the middle before the snap and let the fireworks begin.</p>

Romo would have no choice but to crap his pants seeing this.

NJGianttech
12-29-2011, 11:03 AM
Wow I hate that Osi gets on these boards is overwhelming. When you consider the contributions he has made on our behalf in the past I would think that people would understand him wanting to get paid more money. Oh well thats new york for you. I think Osi's return is 1 of the best things that could have happened to the giants this week. I don't care if he was faking injuries or not, he's back now answer me that's all that matters. Besides to say that he was faking injuries is pure speculation. The good thing is JPP can get some rest now. The pass rush will be stronger than it was last week and the chances of romo being stripped sack has greatly increased. Glad to have the man back.

Mod_C
12-29-2011, 11:09 AM
Wow I hate that Osi gets on these boards is overwhelming. When you consider the contributions he has made on our behalf in the past I would think that people would understand him wanting to get paid more money. Oh well thats new york for you. I think Osi's return is 1 of the best things that could have happened to the giants this week. I don't care if he was faking injuries or not, he's back now answer me that's all that matters. Besides to say that he was faking injuries is pure speculation. The good thing is JPP can get some rest now. The pass rush will be stronger than it was last week and the chances of romo being stripped sack has greatly increased. Glad to have the man back.

Osi brought it on all by himself though. His tantrum over his contract was absurdly ill advised. Then he said he won't play for the Giants without being paid or traded. He got neither, which was only a surprise to Osi and his handlers, and then he "opted" to have surgery, and then he had the ankle issue. SO, it's not hard to imagine fans thinking he's making good on his threat.

Having said all of that, if he's now healthy and intends on giving 100% that is truly good news heading into the game that defines the entire season and is a gateway to the playoffs.

burier
12-29-2011, 11:09 AM
where's MMB to get all huffy about the suggestion that player might be dogging it?

Firenugget
12-29-2011, 11:11 AM

It's not hate. It's the reality of a situation that he created and WILL revisit this off season. So yeah, I'm happy he's playing too. That doesn't mean that I'm foolish enough to believe that all is well.

Ruttiger711
12-29-2011, 11:15 AM
The only reason I doubt Osi would be faking it is because it serves him NO benefit... The more good play that he could be seen making is the way for him to get the money he wants from another team. (To me its a guarantee that hes not with the Giants next year)

This is assuming Osi is capable of rational thought though...

Buckeroo
12-29-2011, 11:16 AM
Osi said something aa whileback when he was hurt another time or having some kind of internal issue. I will paraphrase here..it was something like: "There is more to life then football. This is just a game and its not who I am". As much as I get what he is saying I hate when football players say this, and he is not the first nor the last. You know what Osi.....This is your life right now and should be your focus 100%..if its not then be on your way and good luck with what eve you really want to do.</P>

If a player treast as "just a game" then he will not even come close to his potential and even give a crap 100% of the time IMO. I like Osi and what he has done but I dont like hearing that. </P>

Its not just a game...its your job....it pays you huge money.....52 other guys and coaches depend on you. </P>

You want to have other aspirations in life and thats great but while you are a football player....be a football player100%.....</P>

</P>

RoanokeFan
12-29-2011, 11:22 AM
Osi said something aa whileback when he was hurt another time or having some kind of internal issue. I will paraphrase here..it was something like: "There is more to life then football. This is just a game and its not who I am". As much as I get what he is saying I hate when football players say this, and he is not the first nor the last. You know what Osi.....This is your life right now and should be your focus 100%..if its not then be on your way and good luck with what eve you really want to do.</p>

If a player treast as "just a game" then he will not even come close to his potential and even give a crap 100% of the time IMO. I like Osi and what he has done but I dont like hearing that. </p>

Its not just a game...its your job....it pays you huge money.....52 other guys and coaches depend on you. </p>

You want to have other aspirations in life and thats great but while you are a football player....be a football player100%.....</p>

</p>

+1

jakegibbs
12-29-2011, 11:26 AM
<DIV><SPAN class=996284413-29122011><FONT size=2>I've been yelling for a few weeks now that O$i is dogging it.* Everything seemed so fishy about the situation. He jogged off the field on his own accord in New Orleans, he had a high ankle sprain that every week was reported as the same.* Sorry, but even high ankle sprains get better from week to week, you're not as hurt in week 3-4 as you were in week 1.* All of the reports on O$i were from "a source familiar with the situation", never anyone specific.* Maybe he figured "why play at less than 100% and not produce like I know I can if the team will hold it against me in contract talks?".* Maybe it was out of spite, at this point we'll prob never get the true answer.* All I care about now is him not disrupting JPP, hopefully he can contribute in some form down the stretch, and then we can trade him for an asset.* I also want to trade him so we control where he goes.* Otherwise you can put money on it, this guy will be a Jet in 2013.</FONT></SPAN></DIV>

</P>

The guy is a dog. Get what we can get and show him the door. I agree that we should pick where he goes. trade the jerk</P>

Is a trade possible next year I thought he was an unrestricted free agent after this season. Was I wrong? If I'm wrong I hope he lights it up & the Giants go all the way & maybe he'll bring a high draft pic or trade for a solid MLB.

Go OSI GO

Ruttiger711
12-29-2011, 11:28 AM
<div><span class="996284413-29122011"><font size="2">I've been yelling for a few weeks now that O$i is dogging it. Everything seemed so fishy about the situation. He jogged off the field on his own accord in New Orleans, he had a high ankle sprain that every week was reported as the same. Sorry, but even high ankle sprains get better from week to week, you're not as hurt in week 3-4 as you were in week 1. All of the reports on O$i were from "a source familiar with the situation", never anyone specific. Maybe he figured "why play at less than 100% and not produce like I know I can if the team will hold it against me in contract talks?". Maybe it was out of spite, at this point we'll prob never get the true answer. All I care about now is him not disrupting JPP, hopefully he can contribute in some form down the stretch, and then we can trade him for an asset. I also want to trade him so we control where he goes. Otherwise you can put money on it, this guy will be a Jet in 2013.</font></span></div>

</p>

The guy is a dog. Get what we can get and show him the door. I agree that we should pick where he goes. trade the jerk</p>

Is a trade possible next year I thought he was an unrestricted free agent after this season. Was I wrong? If I'm wrong I hope he lights it up &amp; the Giants go all the way &amp; maybe he'll bring a high draft pic or trade for a solid MLB.

Go OSI GO

Pretty sure hes got another year left. I'm hoping for a nice trade.

Sundown
12-29-2011, 11:30 AM
So long as he causes havok in the backfield, I couldn't careless. He'll be gone next season.

OrangeGiant
12-29-2011, 11:31 AM
Osi said something aa whileback when he was hurt another time or having some kind of internal issue. I will paraphrase here..it was something like: "There is more to life then football. This is just a game and its not who I am". As much as I get what he is saying I hate when football players say this, and he is not the first nor the last. You know what Osi.....This is your life right now and should be your focus 100%..if its not then be on your way and good luck with what eve you really want to do.</P>

If a player treast as "just a game" then he will not even come close to his potential and even give a crap 100% of the time IMO. I like Osi and what he has done but I dont like hearing that. </P>

Its not just a game...its your job....it pays you huge money.....52 other guys and coaches depend on you. </P>

You want to have other aspirations in life and thats great but while you are a football player....be a football player100%.....</P>

</P>

Good point. It's like they say, when a player starts talking about retiring, he's already retired mentally. Not that he's talking about retiring, but talk like that certainly doesn't instill any confidence in me that he is giving it 100%, that is for sure.</P>

</P>

NJGianttech
12-29-2011, 11:31 AM
Firenugget

I agree with you that in that maybe Osi should have gone about the making a demand for more money in a better way. I agree with you in that Osi's demand for more money created an issue. But not between Osi and the New York Giants. The issue is more so between Osi and New York Giant fans. For some strange reason, many fans think that Osi's demand for more money has created problems in the lockerroom but everything that I have heard coming from Osi's coaches and teamates have been positive. So yes, all may not be well but I don't think all is bad either.

JJC7301
12-29-2011, 11:32 AM

</P>

+1. I don't think he's selfish -- I believe that he was honestly injured and was only going to get in the way if he couldn't play right.</P>

I don't like the he's been complaining about his contract almost from the second the ink dried on it, but this isn't baseball with guaranteed contracts. Osi might complain about his contract, but he's been on the field when healthy. But it's time for his Giant tenure to end after this year.</P>

CA Jints Fan
12-29-2011, 12:52 PM
Keep JPP in as starter....Osi is soft, likes to swipe at the quarterback , terrible at playing the run and is a bad tackler

Kruunch
12-29-2011, 01:01 PM
The upside of all of this is that Osi's agent is screaming in his ear that he has to have the best game of any DE ever in the history of the NFL to raise FA stock.

I predict Osi gets 12 sacks ending with a forced fumble due to decaptiation of Romo.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i4qECNoUIdM

Buckeroo
12-29-2011, 01:04 PM
The upside of all of this is that Osi's agent is screaming in his ear that he has to have the best game of any DE ever in the history of the NFL to raise FA stock. <FONT color=#000080 size=4>I predict Osi gets 12 sacks ending with a forced fumble due to decaptiation of Romo. </FONT>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i4qECNoUIdM</P>

LOL....what will he do in the second half then.....:)</P>

RagTime Blue
12-29-2011, 01:07 PM
I think Osi felt good enough to play when he found out the game would be at 8pm nationally.

I remember at the start of the season about half the people on here were saying "Pay the man". They're nowhere to be found anymore.

He's a decent backup for a decent price. I doubt Reese sends him anywhere.

And the thought of him being a Jet does not scare me in the least.

NYGiantsFan56
12-29-2011, 01:08 PM
IMO Osi was dogging it and is only playing now because we have a chance to get into the playoffs and he wants to shine before a national audience either to put pressure on the Giants to pay more next year or enchance his value for other teams. I am fine with that as long as we get maximum value out of him now and bury the Cowgirls and move onto the playoffs. With that said when Osi leaves, he will never in my mind be remembered as a "True Giant". Osi is merely a "hired gun" who we need now to get to the next level. I SAY GIVE TUCK THE EXTRA MONEY. THE GUY PLAYED HIS HEART OUT HURT AND UNDERPAYED AND HE NEVER COMPLAINED.HE IS A TRUE GIANT.

NYGiantsFan56
12-29-2011, 01:09 PM
I think Osi felt good enough to play when he found out the game would be at 8pm nationally.

I remember at the start of the season about half the people on here were saying "Pay the man". They're nowhere to be found anymore.

</P>

+1</P>

NYG4lifeNYK
12-29-2011, 01:53 PM
IMO Osi was dogging it and is only playing now because we have a chance to get into the playoffs and he wants to shine before a national audience either to put pressure on the Giants to pay more next year or enchance his value for other teams. I am fine with that as long as we get maximum value out of him now and bury the Cowgirls and move onto the playoffs. With that said when Osi leaves, he will never in my mind be remembered as a "True Giant". Osi is merely a "hired gun" who we need now to get to the next level. I SAY GIVE TUCK THE EXTRA MONEY. THE GUY PLAYED HIS HEART OUT HURT AND UNDERPAYED AND HE NEVER COMPLAINED.HE IS A TRUE GIANT.

Shut up... you sound so ridiculous. He was ****ing HURT.. he's been trying to get on the damn field ever since his injury.. dogging it you sound so ignorant.

Give it a rest........

nYg24
12-29-2011, 02:00 PM
he doesn't help himself by sitting out.

Morehead State
12-29-2011, 02:02 PM
I know the rotation is important, but do we realize that Osi's replacement is the leading candidate for NFL defensive MVP.

dave56dj
12-29-2011, 02:15 PM
High ankle sprains keep many players out - why aren't you killing that jerk Herzlich (ankle injury) and not mark is not a jerk the point is ankles can be serious injuries.

What would dogging it do for him? How is it gonna get him paid more ANYWHERE?

Osi is an asset to this team - 8 sacks in 7 games - cmon man - that is awesome. And yes when he came back they rotated JPP in - but if you think that will happen now your crazy. JPP will start and Osi will rotate in on passing downs but its unlikely JPP steps off the field at all unless its for a breather which he could use time to time. He said it himself.

Kill Osi all you want - DOGGING it wouldnt help him one bit. LETS GO BLUE - ALL 53.

Tony Bruno
12-29-2011, 03:23 PM
I know the rotation is important, but do we realize that Osi's replacement is the leading candidate for NFL defensive MVP.

rainierjef
12-29-2011, 03:59 PM
Firenugget

I agree with you that in that maybe Osi should have gone about the making a demand for more money in a better way. I agree with you in that Osi's demand for more money created an issue. But not between Osi and the New York Giants. The issue is more so between Osi and New York Giant fans. For some strange reason, many fans think that Osi's demand for more money has created problems in the lockerroom but everything that I have heard coming from Osi's coaches and teamates have been positive. So yes, all may not be well but I don't think all is bad either.

Sigh* this ^

Everyone wants to blame and point fingers at a man, that asking for a longterm assurance of money with a team he obviously loves. Giants cut ohara we say nothing they cut richie who bleed blue like no other we said nothing, when strahan was going through contract disputes we was ready to hang him, like stop being so damn emotional about money that you have no control over, and your all being, hypocrites. Because beginning of the season when he got his first sack we all were chanting osi the whole stadium was. then he put up a sack a game something posters in the,offseason said he couldnt do, he got injured thats between him the docs and god, wether he was dogging or legitimate is between him and god its his conscious. But ask yourself this for man thats all about the big contract as you say, in his contract year would he not want to rack the numbers up as much as possible to make a better case for himself? Think with your bain not your heart on the subject too much estrogen flying around on this subject.

Gianthunter
12-29-2011, 04:12 PM
The CHIEF needs to give some of that "magic elixir" to Ballard.

NY_Eli
12-29-2011, 05:34 PM
I think you people are overreacting. Tuck showed a nice burst for the first time in several weeks too, was he dogging it?

Sometimes football injuries work like that. For a few weeks it's tough, then there's a breakthrough and play is much improved.

u2good
12-29-2011, 05:43 PM
Wait just a minute...

Why are you guys assuming this is all OSi's doing?

I've always been under assumption that the coaches and even management (of some teams) play a role in whether a guy plays, and if he doesn't, what reason they decide to give to the media.

Most players want to play after they've been injured, even against their better judgment, and have to be told to sit down.

I just don't get how Osi's the jerk in all this.

rainierjef
12-29-2011, 06:07 PM
First of all they said he wold miss 3-4 weeks with the injury and it has been 4 weeks no one said he would play on the 4th week or after the prognosis was 3-4 weeks.

Words out of Osi's mouth : "He deserves to be the starter," Umenyiora said of Pierre-Paul. "That guy's playing at as high a level as I've seen a D-end play in a long time. I'll do whatever they need me to do."

Osi - 1 vs "Osi is a selfish jerk" - 0

now can we stop being Emo and let these DE's and company tee off on romo and hand

JesseJames
12-29-2011, 06:17 PM
I hope Osi has a great game against the Cowboys and throughout the playoffs (if we get there) and that way we might get something of value for him in a trade...

Firenugget
12-29-2011, 08:28 PM
Wait just a minute...

Why are you guys assuming this is all OSi's doing?

I've always been under assumption that the coaches and even management (of some teams) play a role in whether a guy plays, and if he doesn't, what reason they decide to give to the media.

Most players want to play after they've been injured, even against their better judgment, and have to be told to sit down.

I just don't get how Osi's the jerk in all this.

It's perception. JPP steps in and is a monster and as soon as he's voted into the probowl Osi is suddenly good to go. Whether it's coincidence or not, given all the crap he tried pulling this off season (trying to steal a contract basically, knowing he needed knee surgery) it just looks bad for him no matter how you look at it. So yeah, fans are going to question his motives for sure and it shouldn't come as a surprise to anyone.

jjj45
12-29-2011, 08:34 PM
I can be a selfish jerk too. Especially if there's cookies involved.

jomo
12-29-2011, 08:42 PM
Wait just a minute... Why are you guys assuming this is all OSi's doing? I've always been under assumption that the coaches and even management (of some teams) play a role in whether a guy plays, and if he doesn't, what reason they decide to give to the media. Most players want to play after they've been injured, even against their better judgment, and have to be told to sit down. I just don't get how Osi's the jerk in all this.

It's perception. JPP steps in and is a monster and as soon as he's voted into the probowl Osi is suddenly good to go. Whether it's coincidence or not, given all the crap he tried pulling this off season (trying to steal a contract basically, knowing he needed knee surgery) it just looks bad for him no matter how you look at it. So yeah, fans are going to question his motives for sure and it shouldn't come as a surprise to anyone.
All of this is true. Still, I'm happy to have him in the rotation on Sunday ahead of Tolley if he is ready to go. A game like this can easily swing on one strip fumble. Fresh legs in a deep roatation against a mediocre OL = a formula for success.

Coach Carter
12-29-2011, 08:59 PM

I still say pay the man, I hope Osi goes to the Jets , then you fools can see what he can do as "only a pass rusher." I can't believe the fans are pro-ownership. I hope all of you get treated like crap at your jobs because the "owner is always right" and whatever other anti-employee sentiment is spewed around here.

At least Jerry Reese sees it differently and kept Osi in spite of the trade offers, you don't get rid of pass rushers in a passing league.

Coach Carter
12-29-2011, 09:01 PM

Why don't you go and research a high ankle sprain before you spew your ignorance you ret@rd. Do you know how many bones are kept in place by tendons and muscle at the ankle?

Coach Carter
12-29-2011, 09:17 PM
First of all they said he wold miss 3-4 weeks with the injury and it has been 4 weeks no one said he would play on the 4th week or after the prognosis was 3-4 weeks.

Words out of Osi's mouth : "He deserves to be the starter," Umenyiora said of Pierre-Paul. "That guy's playing at as high a level as I've seen a D-end play in a long time. I'll do whatever they need me to do."

Osi - 1 vs "Osi is a selfish jerk" - 0

now can we stop being Emo and let these DE's and company tee off on romo and hand

Thank you.

If Osi was a team obliterator he would have been gone a long time like Shockey. But some of the inbreeds on these boards misinterpret business matters as team chemistry problems, then they internalize the perceived chemistry issues and begin spewing their hate for the player on these boards.

I hold the reporters and sports radio personalities responsible for shaping the opinion of the fans.

Antwuan
12-29-2011, 10:53 PM
I don't think Osi is selfish.

This is what Osi said today.

"Jason Pierre-Paul should start over him on Sunday night"-Osi

A selfish person wouldn't say that.

Roswell777
12-29-2011, 11:19 PM
Keep Osi.

Keep Jacobs.

Happy holidays.

EJ Blue
12-29-2011, 11:34 PM
since when did you have to be a sweetie pie to play in the NFL? If the organization feels like he's not putting forth the appropriate effort, he won't have a job anymore. I don't see how you came to the conclusion that he's a selfish jerk. You're not around him, you don't practice with him, your sole source of information about him is a media report.

Drystt
12-29-2011, 11:45 PM
Whoever can give this team a better advantage to pull of the W is what we need. Hate it or love it it will be Osi. You all complain about him now, when he goes to another rival team and destroys Eli, what then. Be glad we have him

radar-ray
12-30-2011, 01:21 AM
All these "Dr. Phil's" on this board analyzing Osi, are a joke. The training staff and TC are the last word on who plays, when and how much, NOT the player. Second, TC said he's been working his tail off, so I take his word before you "experts". Third, read his interview, It's very humble, and honest Re: JPP starting, and wanting to help however he can. He know's this game is the season, so he's stepping up, and will help bring the heat on Romo.

ToomerFORtheBomb
12-30-2011, 01:52 AM
I gotta be honest.....I dont know how excited I am that he's back, unless it's strictly as a situational player. he does not deserve to have his starting spot back unless it's to do just that, start and then come out for JPP. When we had osi tuck and jpp all healthy our d-line played awful. I don't know if it's how they're being used or what but it did not work well....my only hope is that Osi actually steps up and brings it in hopes of getting into the playoffs and getting another championship. That's more important than big money, right?

You'll be pretty excited he's back when he's swatting the ball out of Romo's swollen hand.

titwio
12-30-2011, 05:36 AM

I'm pretty sure the Pro-Bowler will start and Osi will be used on passing downs...

And if Osi does start then Coughlin should be fired for that decision alone.

NYGiantsFan56
01-05-2012, 07:28 PM
Put this post up over a week ago, and after reading Osi's latest suttle rant it needs to go up again because no matter how good he is or how much he contributes to this team, he only cares about himself. Why does he need to bring this subject up now? He will take any chance he gets to take a shot at the organization. This guy is simply amazing and a selfish jerk. Here is his latest shot at the Giants. It was posted in the NY Post today.</P>

<FONT size=4>This is Osi Statement:</FONT></P>
<DIV class=inner_rt sizset="142" sizcache="20">

Umenyiora said he hopes this can be an extended playoff run. </P>

“I’m really cherishing this opportunity, probably more than anybody. I’m really enjoying myself right now," he said. "Hopefully we’ll be able to go on a run here and things will be like it was back in 2007.’’</P>

He said he cherishes this time with the Giants. Asked why, Umenyiora said, “Don’t put me on the spot. Read between the lines.’’</P>

Clearly, he believes this will be his last year with the team, even though he has one year left on his contract.</P>

“I ain’t saying nothing,’’ Umenyiora said, laughing. “Read between the lines.’’</P>

</DIV>

TuckYou
01-05-2012, 07:48 PM
Put this post up over a week ago, and after reading Osi's latest suttle rant it needs to go up again because no matter how good he is or how much he contributes to this team, he only cares about himself. Why does he need to bring this subject up now? He will take any chance he gets to take a shot at the organization. This guy is simply amazing and a selfish jerk. Here is his latest shot at the Giants. It was posted in the NY Post today.</P>

<DIV class=inner_rt sizcache="20" sizset="142">

“I’m really cherishing this opportunity, probably more than anybody. I’m really enjoying myself right now," he said. "Hopefully we’ll be able to go on a run here and things will be like it was back in 2007.’’</P>

He said he cherishes this time with the Giants. Asked why, Umenyiora said, “Don’t put me on the spot. Read between the lines.’’</P>

Clearly, he believes this will be his last year with the team, even though he has one year left on his contract.</P>

“I ain’t saying nothing,’’ Umenyiora said, laughing. “Read between the lines.’’</P>

</DIV>

</P>

Ok we get it. You dont like Osi. Ok. But he IS a beast and will play this postseason for us, so cheer him on. Next year when we either trade him or let him rot, then you can talk ish. </P>

radar-ray
01-05-2012, 07:57 PM
Put this post up over a week ago, and* after reading Osi's latest suttle rant it needs to go up again because no matter how good he is or how much he contributes to this team, he only cares about himself. Why does he need to bring this subject up now? He will take any chance he gets to take a shot at the organization. This guy is simply amazing and a selfish jerk. Here is his latest shot at the Giants. It was posted in the NY Post today.*</P>

<DIV class=inner_rt sizset="142" sizcache="20">

</DIV>There you go again "Dr. Phil". You are a joke trying to create problems. Yes we get it you don't like Osi. Who cares, get a life.

Voldamort
01-05-2012, 08:24 PM
Wow tell us something we all don't know?