PDA

View Full Version : Anyone think it wont be much of a bad thing if we lose?

Sintim97
12-29-2011, 10:40 AM
For one, the eagles are already out. Call me a fake fan or whatever nonsense you wanna throw out there, but i have a feeling if we make the playoffs, even if we get trounced in the first round, this coaching staff stays. possibly even fewell. it will plague us in future seasons because these coaches simply ARE NOT GETTING IT DONE. we'd be squeaking into the playoffs after we shouldve had it wrapped up. if we lose thered be a much better chance of canning these guys, which still wouldnt be guarnteed but would be much more likely. if coughlin goes, whoever we bring in will fire gilbride and fewell right off the bat (if theyve watched the giants)

ive been sick of seeing all these talented guys in their primes being wasted away because the team is too stagnant to go anywhere. thank god we have one superbowl in recent years under our belts.

oh, and i have a feeling this will be one of the games the players play for themselves because theyre playing a rival. they play when they want to play. i bet if we played an outside team like the lions, we'd get wrecked

TrueBlue2180
12-29-2011, 10:45 AM
For one, the eagles are already out. Call me a fake fan or whatever nonsense you wanna throw out there, but i have a feeling if we make the playoffs, even if we get trounced in the first round, this coaching staff stays. possibly even fewell. it will plague us in future seasons because these coaches simply ARE NOT GETTING IT DONE. we'd be squeaking into the playoffs after we shouldve had it wrapped up. if we lose thered be a much better chance of canning these guys, which still wouldnt be guarnteed but would be much more likely. if coughlin goes, whoever we bring in will fire gilbride and fewell right off the bat (if theyve watched the giants)

ive been sick of seeing all these talented guys in their primes being wasted away because the team is too stagnant to go anywhere. thank god we have one superbowl in recent years under our belts.

Honestly, after the early season injuries, if you would have told me we win the NFC East, I'd take it and I have to give Coughlin credit for that. I know not everyone agrees, but even if they don't make the playoffs (unless they simply don't show up this game), I still kind of don't want Coughlin gone. I want Fewell and Gillbride gone, but I don't think Coughlin has done a bad job this season. I just wish he wasn't so damn loyal sometimes because I want Gilbride gone, and I want them to sweet talk Spags back and tell him he's the head coach in waiting. A new OC, Coughlin and Spags going into 2012 - I'd be happy with that.

G-Man67
12-29-2011, 10:45 AM
so you are rooting for us to have a disasterous elimination loss to a hated rival, because you don't like the guy with the mustache or Fewell, who technically could be replaced even if we win

that wouldn't be a fake fan ... that would be not a fan at all

daynemustgo
12-29-2011, 10:46 AM
o ye of little faith

BigBlue121
12-29-2011, 10:46 AM
Nope. any given sunday. Who knows, we can make another SB run. Who cares who goes and who stays? i wanna lose my voice again while getting drunk in Timesquare.[<:o)]

Sintim97
12-29-2011, 10:49 AM
so you are rooting for us to have a disasterous elimination loss to a hated rival, because you don't like the guy with the mustache or Fewell, who technically could be replaced even if we win

that wouldn't be a fake fan ... that would be not a fan at all</p>

im not a fan because i want coaches that are holding us back to be canned? lol you right
</p>

TheReal_LT
12-29-2011, 10:51 AM

oh, and i have a feeling this will be one of the games the players play for themselves because theyre playing a rival. they play when they want to play. i bet if we played an outside team like the lions, we'd get wrecked

sounds tempting and some times I feel this way but at the end of the day I have to root against a hated rival...maybe I'm just too true blue?

NYSPORTS
12-29-2011, 10:53 AM
The Giants/We have so many enemies it's tough to find a best time to lose

Jets - hate them
Dallas - hate them
Philly - hate them
Washington - hate them

the list goes on and on

TrueBlue2180
12-29-2011, 10:55 AM

im not a fan because i want coaches that are holding us back to be canned? lol you right
</p>

We won a Super Bowl with Coughlin and Gilbride. We fired Sheridan and we can fire Fewell just the same, especially of Spags is available.

Yeah, I want Gilbride gone too, but Coughlin is a fine coach and anything can happen in the playoffs. If they win this game they are 9-7 and win the East. Obviously 9-7 isn't great, and we could have/should have been better. However, we did lose T2 for the year, Osi for most of the year, Tuck has been hurt all year, Goff for the season, etc.

Firenugget
12-29-2011, 10:59 AM
...uhh....no?[:#]

G-Man67
12-29-2011, 10:59 AM

so when our WRs drop a pass, it's Gilbride's fault? and, therefore, let's go lose to a hated rival and have the loss brought up year after year and thrown in our face ... sounds like you have just decided not to like these coaches and have lost all objectivity

if we make the playoffs with nearly half our team injured, then that will be a great accomplishment, however, if we do lose, then it will be a total disaster of a season and changes could be made, but how can you root for that scenario if you are truly a fan

finally there were many "fans" like you back in 2007 and if those fans had gotten their way .... we would not have had an historic Super Bowl win ... here's to hoping you are disappointed on Sunday

Buckeroo
12-29-2011, 11:09 AM

</P>

NFW....</P>

you play to win the game....(thank you Herm Edwards)</P>

buddy33
12-29-2011, 11:15 AM
LOL. Funny stuff.

OrangeGiant
12-29-2011, 11:20 AM
It's always a bad thing when we lose.....ALWAYS.

JJC7301
12-29-2011, 11:29 AM
I'd rather make the playoffs.</P>

If they make the playoffs, TC deserves a lot of credit and deserves to be around 1 more year, but I'm not giving him a long-term extension unless they make at least the NFC Championship game (which is not likely to happen). I'd let his long-term Giants future depend on next year. This team could have went 4-12 with all of their injuries, but didn't.</P>

I like KG and have no desire to see him leave. I would be more interested in improving the O-line and depth at TE.</P>

I've been slamming Fewell because I wasn't that crazy about him last year and I just see him as very unimaginative, or at least doesn't adapt. The Giants D had good #'s last year, but were soft when it counted. This year, they're horrible, but injuries to TT, Goff, Tuck, and Osi is debilitating. Then again, Spags was able to have a fine defense in 2008 after losing Strahan (retirement) and Osi (injury), even though they wore down at the end. </P>

</P>

jakegibbs
12-29-2011, 11:33 AM

Well you may get your wish if they beat the Boys then they'll most likely get the Lions so time will tell.

I think the Lions have a big advantage over the Giants on both sides of the interior lines + they got that WR who's a freak & is the best WR in the league physically anyway.

bigblue58
12-29-2011, 11:36 AM

</p>

Dude..........I'm not conceding the damned division to the Cowgirls just on the off chance that it will cost Coughlin his job.....which I don't think it even will anyway!

Sintim97
12-29-2011, 07:48 PM
I'd rather make the playoffs.</p>

If they make the playoffs, TC deserves a lot of credit and deserves to be around 1 more year, but I'm not giving him a long-term extension unless they make at least the NFC Championship game (which is not likely to happen). I'd let his long-term Giants future depend on next year. This team could have went 4-12 with all of their injuries, but didn't.</p>

I like KG and have no desire to see him leave. I would be more interested in improving the O-line and depth at TE.</p>

I've been slamming Fewell because I wasn't that crazy about him last year and I just see him as very unimaginative, or at least doesn't adapt. The Giants D had good #'s last year, but were soft when it counted. This year, they're horrible, but injuries to TT, Goff, Tuck, and Osi is debilitating. Then again, Spags was able to have a fine defense in 2008 after losing Strahan (retirement) and Osi (injury), even though they wore down at the end. </p>

</p>

1 more year of TC means 1 more year of this finishing the season cold BS. we'd be squeaking into the playoffs by the skin of our teeth AGAIN if we make it sunday night

seriously how many "1 more year"s are we gonna give this guy? it seems every year fans just wanna give him "1 more year"

Sintim97
12-29-2011, 07:49 PM
lol and im not true blue :eyeroll:

Sintim97
12-29-2011, 07:51 PM

</p>

We won a Super Bowl with Coughlin and Gilbride. We fired Sheridan and we can fire Fewell just the same, especially of Spags is available.

Yeah, I want Gilbride gone too, but Coughlin is a fine coach and anything can happen in the playoffs. If they win this game they are 9-7 and win the East. Obviously 9-7 isn't great, and we could have/should have been better. However, we did lose T2 for the year, Osi for most of the year, Tuck has been hurt all year, Goff for the season, etc.

T2 was the only real impactful injury. who gives a damn about osi? he's an afterthought with JPP emerging. tuck, yeah he hasnt been himself. goff; does that really matter?

im tired of the superbowl crap still lingering around. that was 4 years ago. we won with DEFENSE, running game, and ball security. who ignited the fire? i would say spags/strahan over coughlin. and the offense was plain and vanilla throughout that run and we were fortunate to have such a good defense because if we played offense like that without that fearsome pass rush, we wouldve been bounced out fast

jomo
12-29-2011, 07:54 PM
This sounds like a first cousin of that thread about getting Spags vs. a Super Bowl win. [:P]

Easy-Duz-It
12-29-2011, 07:55 PM
GTFO

Sintim97
12-29-2011, 07:55 PM

</p>

Dude..........I'm not conceding the damned division to the Cowgirls just on the off chance that it will cost Coughlin his job.....which I don't think it even will anyway!

some fans are like the organzation; content with 9 or 10 wins when this team has the brimming potential to be a 13 or 14 win team if we were motivated every week and if are schemes on both sides of the ball were a bit-- actually a lot more creative. i dont want this staff back. im tired of the organization being content with 9 or 10 wins even if we get bounced out in the first round or dont even make it. out of coughlins 7 years with us, there was only 1 year where we won at least A playoff game. that was 4 games including the superbowl, but all other 6 years; its 1 and done or no playoffs at all

Sintim97
12-29-2011, 07:57 PM

Honestly, after the early season injuries, if you would have told me we win the NFC East, I'd take it and I have to give Coughlin credit for that. I know not everyone agrees, but even if they don't make the playoffs (unless they simply don't show up this game), I still kind of don't want Coughlin gone. I want Fewell and Gillbride gone, but I don't think Coughlin has done a bad job this season. I just wish he wasn't so damn loyal sometimes because I want Gilbride gone, and I want them to sweet talk Spags back and tell him he's the head coach in waiting. A new OC, Coughlin and Spags going into 2012 - I'd be happy with that.

we'd win the east because the eagles are an overrated joke who choked under their own expectations, the redskins are the redskins, and the cowboys are up and down like us and have no defense. as long as coughlin is here, gilbride wont be gone. u can bet on that.

tikiandphil
12-29-2011, 08:00 PM
Nope. any given sunday. Who knows, we can make another SB run. Who cares who goes and who stays? i wanna lose my voice again while getting drunk in Timesquare.[<:o)]

Now that's a real Giants fan. I am IN...

chasjay
12-29-2011, 08:02 PM
lol and im not true blue :eyeroll:

I don't doubt your "fanhood" - I just don't understand the concept of not wanting the team to make the playoffs for any reason - including to increase the chance that the coach will be fired. I just don't get it. This could be my last season for all I know - the Eagles corporate jet could crash into my house and snuff me out during next year's round of college "Pro Days" - I'd like for my last season as a fan to be one where we went to the playoffs. Of course I'm being facetious, but that is how much I don't understand your attitude.

Firenugget
12-29-2011, 08:18 PM

If they make the playoffs, TC deserves a lot of credit and deserves to be around 1 more year, but I'm not giving him a long-term extension unless they make at least the NFC Championship game (which is not likely to happen). I'd let his long-term Giants future depend on next year. This team could have went 4-12 with all of their injuries, but didn't.</p>

I like KG and have no desire to see him leave. I would be more interested in improving the O-line and depth at TE.</p>

I've been slamming Fewell because I wasn't that crazy about him last year and I just see him as very unimaginative, or at least doesn't adapt. The Giants D had good #'s last year, but were soft when it counted. This year, they're horrible, but injuries to TT, Goff, Tuck, and Osi is debilitating. Then again, Spags was able to have a fine defense in 2008 after losing Strahan (retirement) and Osi (injury), even though they wore down at the end. </p>

</p>

1 more year of TC means 1 more year of this finishing the season cold BS. we'd be squeaking into the playoffs by the skin of our teeth AGAIN if we make it sunday night

seriously how many "1 more year"s are we gonna give this guy? it seems every year fans just wanna give him "1 more year"

You just killed your own argument...Obviously if we were to win and keep winning, it wouldn't be just one more year of "finishing the season cold BS" now would it?

Not to mention I can't understand how any fan of any team, in any sport, wants them to lose when they're still very much alive. I'm with the guy who questioned if you are a fan at all. Sorry but it doesn't make any sense.

allentown PA
12-29-2011, 10:25 PM

u make me sick...srsly dont even watch the game. what kind of fan doesnt want their team to win their division.

gmen0820
12-29-2011, 10:30 PM
Nope. I like continuity (justified) on our staff. As far as draft stipulations, I hate drafting in the 15-20 range. Hate it. It's like football limbo.

fletch842
12-29-2011, 10:37 PM
No way, no how will I ever want the Cowboys to beat the Giants under any circumstances. I'd want us to win, even if it meant resurrecting the coaching career of Ray Handley !!!

And to wish the team to lose to one of our most hated rivals, miss the playoffs and allow the to make it, because you don't care for the coaching staff is quite radical in my opinion.

Sintim97
12-29-2011, 11:39 PM

</p>

You just killed your own argument...Obviously if we were to win and keep winning, it wouldn't be just one more year of "finishing the season cold BS" now would it?

Not to mention I can't understand how any fan of any team, in any sport, wants them to lose when they're still very much alive. I'm with the guy who questioned if you are a fan at all. Sorry but it doesn't make any sense.

1) if we win on sunday, we'll likely get bounced in the first, possibly second round. us MAKING the playoffs will keep these clowns around. thats what im saying. not saying constantly winning.

2) it makes perfect sense. we're so up and down its not even funny. and our defense is awful. jpp might as well be considered our defense. a tom coughlin-led team with no super defense (07 defense) to bail him out will lead us to failure yet again. im tired of the same old crap with tom and company (gilbride.) we're not doing anything anyway so id rather not make the playoffs and have them gone. EVERYONE. gilbride, fewell, quinn, strength and conditioning staff, LB coach

EJ Blue
12-29-2011, 11:44 PM
I completely agree OP, that being said, I'd rather see the Giants in the playoffs after 2 years of no playoffs. I can't wait another year.

HilliardFan16
12-29-2011, 11:59 PM
I tend to think of it as a win/win situation.

But you really can't root for failure... especially if it means you have to watch Tony Romo and his stupid mug after the game and in playoff pressers while The Giants are busy firing coaches.

Defcon4
12-29-2011, 11:59 PM
I understand the poster's perspective. He's not cheering against us. What he's saying is that ultimately he believes Coughlin is the problem. A win against the Cowboys is a temporary solution and we won't win the SB so it helps the real problem- Coughlin- get a vote of confidence. And next year it'll be the same thing all over again.

Some people say this is crazy you always play to win, even if you doon't have a chance to win it all. I say you always play to win the SB. I've lost confidence in this coaching staff and if I have to consider a change at OC and DC then I'll probably just bring in a new head coach.

Here's why I can't root for us to lose. TC may still keep his job if we lose. We showed against Green Bay we can play with anybody. We are capable of shocking the world. As long as we display a fighter's chance at winning it all I'll be on board. I believe in us.

TheEnigma
12-30-2011, 12:00 AM
I understand what the OP is saying. He's thinking about the long term of the Giants and not just the next couple weeks. It would suck if we were stuck with this same coaching staff for the next 2-3 years and we got around the same results.

That said, you should always be rooting for these guys to exceed your expectations and for them to make you eat your crow. I don't see us getting past the Divisional round AT ALL but I damn hope they prove me wrong.

DownWitJPP
12-30-2011, 12:28 AM
Does not surprise me that this thread was started by someone with the name Sintim...SMH

stormblue
12-30-2011, 12:51 AM
the only time losing is a good thing is when it happens to your opponent.

Martyr
12-30-2011, 12:59 AM
Have to root for a win, the Giants make the playoffs every team besides maybe the Saints wont want to play us. </P>

BurnerNYG
12-30-2011, 02:00 AM

If they make the playoffs, TC deserves a lot of credit and deserves to be around 1 more year, but I'm not giving him a long-term extension unless they make at least the NFC Championship game (which is not likely to happen).* I'd let his long-term Giants future depend on next year.* This team could have went 4-12 with all of their injuries, but didn't.</p>

I like KG and have no desire to see him leave.* I would be more interested in improving the O-line and depth at TE.</p>

I've been slamming Fewell because I wasn't that crazy about him last year and I just see him as very unimaginative, or at least doesn't adapt.* The Giants D had good #'s last year, but were soft when it counted.* This year, they're horrible, but injuries to TT, Goff, Tuck, and Osi is debilitating.* Then again, Spags was able to have a fine defense in 2008 after losing Strahan (retirement) and Osi (injury), even though they wore down at the end.* </p>

*</p>

1) if we win on sunday, we'll likely get bounced in the first, possibly second round. us MAKING the playoffs will keep these clowns around. thats what im saying. not saying constantly winning.

2) it makes perfect sense. we're so up and down its not even funny. and our defense is awful. jpp might as well be considered our defense. a tom coughlin-led team with no super defense (07 defense) to bail him out will lead us to failure yet again. im tired of the same old crap with tom and company (gilbride.) we're not doing anything anyway so id rather not make the playoffs and have them gone. EVERYONE. gilbride, fewell, quinn, strength and conditioning staff, LB coach
I hear what you're sayin and I agree somewhat but I wanna watch another week or 2 of football. Once The Giants are out, I get very disinterested in the NFL and couldn't care less who wins the SB unless there's a team left that intrigues me. I'm tired of this whole staff too.

harrycarson
12-30-2011, 02:47 AM

that wouldn't be a fake fan ... that would be not a fan at all</P>

</P>

</P>

</P>

I a a fan of the TEAM, that means the current coaches as well. I cheer for anyone that is in the Giants organization, can't beleive I even commented on such a rediculous thread</P>

BurnerNYG
12-30-2011, 02:54 AM

that wouldn't be a fake fan ... that would be not a fan at all</P>

</P>

</P>

*</P>

I a a fan of the TEAM, that means the current coaches as well. I cheer for anyone that is in the Giants organization, can't beleive I even commented on such a rediculous thread</P>He has a point. Besides that SB run, we've been one and done or not in it at all. You gotta admit too... Gilbride's gameplans are bland, Fewells schemes makes backup QB's look like HOF'ers and Coughlin will be 70 soon. With that being said... I'm gonna root for these guys for the rest of the year until I can't root for em no more.

lawl
12-30-2011, 02:58 AM
o ye of little faith

Whoa!

Irony at it's finest

amdownwitjpp
12-30-2011, 05:53 AM
my opinion is that07 d had Pierce the dline now is better,the secondary far better,we have had alot of injuries dudes we started with aaron ross who would've been 4 on depth chart had Prince and Terrell both not been injured.Our linebackers need help since on most teams their D leader is the mic LB,I agree Perry has to go.Those communication issues during that last dallas game I lok 2 improve jus cuz Phillips is bac,Sanchez is no romo but his weapons are right there with Romo's to me.I have been sayin to my ppls thatCruz reminds me of Holmes for weeks.I say we start the return 4 SPAGS for d c/o whenever the season ends ,but never will I hope we go down,my whole blocks got issues when we lose n plus I am from the b-more area u wanna talk bout dumbass fans plz

NJ10
12-30-2011, 09:03 AM

</p>

Winning the division after all the injuries and free agent losses we have overcome is incredible. Don't you think the coaches deserve some credit for that. We have rookies and non drafted free agents out there on defense. Of course we are going to have some issues.

You want the coaching staff gone, who would you bring in that is better?

And sorry no Giants fan would want us to lose this winner take all game against our biggest rivals for the division title and the 4 seed in the playoffs.

yoeddy
12-30-2011, 09:32 AM
It's always a bad thing when we lose.....ALWAYS.

+1000

SweetZombieJesus
12-30-2011, 09:39 AM
I want them to win -- but if this team is going to hold to form under the Coughlin regime -- and by that I mean the big game no shows and playoff duds -- then don't even bother.

It will tear my heart out if we lose the division at home to the Cowboys.

It will tear my spleen out if we lose at home in the first round.

Either will be additional torture if the loss is a bomb like 23-0 or 41-9.

The history shows this happening time and time again -- either losing with a whimper in the first round or showing up small when playoffs are on the line. Do I need to list the games? Anybody who reads my posts is probably sick of it and has them all as memorized as I do by now.

I see some new names in the thread, so I'll go through the exercise.

First Round Playoff Exits:
<ul> 2005, at home vs. Panthers. Lost 23-0. 2008, at home as #1 seed vs. Eagles. Lost 23-11.[/list]

</p>

Blowing a shot at the Playoffs:</p><ul> 2009, in last ever game at Giants Stadium with every legendary Giant out on the sidelines and a playoff spot on the line (how do you get more motivation than that???!?!?!). Lost 41-9. 2010 in a showdown with the Eagles that determines the NFC East crown, up by 21 points with 7:30 left. Worst meltdown in franchise history, lose 38-31. 2010 the following week vs. the Packers. Despite the disaster the previous week a playoff spot is up for grabs and the Giants don't even show up. Lose 45-17.[/list]

Some More Tidbits About Coughlin's Regime:</p><ul> Never won a home playoff game. Never won a playoff game outside of 2007.
30-42 record in Nov/Dec.
[/list]
So you can understand that someone examining the whole 8 year regime of Tom Coughlin should have knots in their stomach about this week and, if they're lucky enough to get in, next week.

So, if we're not going to get out of the first round, let's just get it over with and let Coughlin go.

ashleymarie
12-30-2011, 09:39 AM
I would absolutely hate it if we lose our division.

bigjeep
12-30-2011, 09:51 AM

Could be another one of those save the coaches job seasons that gets us nowhere! But we don't know that yet. Could be 07 all over again too.

FBomb
12-30-2011, 10:52 AM

THIS^^^

I want this coaching staff gone too, but only because we lose games we should win. Winning is the goal.</P>

Sintim97
12-30-2011, 10:59 AM
Does not surprise me that this thread was started by someone with the name Sintim...SMH

it was when we drafted him hence the 97. as if anyone knew he'd be a bust. hell he's not even a total bust yet

Sintim97
12-30-2011, 11:21 AM

u make me sick...srsly dont even watch the game. what kind of fan doesnt want their team to win their division.

a fan who knows we wont do anything anyway and by winning the division that would prolong the plague of tom coughlin and kevin gilbride and possibly fewell

GameTime
12-30-2011, 11:37 AM

a fan who knows we wont do anything anyway and by winning the division that would prolong the plague of tom coughlin and kevin gilbride and possibly fewell
</P>

getting trounced in the first round or losing to dallas is the same thing as far as who potentially stays and who goes. Anything better than that then I guess they did ok.</P>

there is no way I want them to lose to the Cowboys and JJ....No way no how.</P>

BornLegend
12-30-2011, 11:50 AM
I think it'll be absolutely horrible if we lose. Why even be a fan if you're gonna sit back with your brew in your hand and root for the Cowboys? Doesn't make any sense at all.

brad
12-30-2011, 11:59 AM
I have been, at times, as much of a Coughlin and especially KG critic as anyone, but no... you don't root for them to lose just to get rid of the coaching staff. In the end, I criticize for losses or lackluster play. If they get beyond that and start winning then they have achieved what every fan ultimately wants... regardless of who is coaching the team. A win this week means they are in the playoffs where anything is possible!

Sintim97
12-30-2011, 03:21 PM
my opinion is that07 d had Pierce the dline now is better,the secondary far better,we have had alot of injuries dudes we started with aaron ross who would've been 4 on depth chart had Prince and Terrell both not been injured.Our linebackers need help since on most teams their D leader is the mic LB,I agree Perry has to go.Those communication issues during that last dallas game I lok 2 improve jus cuz Phillips is bac,Sanchez is no romo but his weapons are right there with Romo's to me.I have been sayin to my ppls thatCruz reminds me of Holmes for weeks.I say we start the return 4 SPAGS for d c/o whenever the season ends ,but never will I hope we go down,my whole blocks got issues when we lose n plus I am from the b-more area u wanna talk bout dumbass fans plz

im not sure if theres anybody arguing in favor of fewell but if there is; the superbowl year our secondary consisted of gibril, butler, johnson, webster, ross, and who mcquarters i think?? this year its phillips, rolle, deon grant webster, ross. (obviously the loss of thomas hurts.) but the bunch we have now is more talented than the ones in the superbowl year. the 2 starting corners are the same but our safeties talent-wise are far superior now. granted, we had that great passrush in 07 but still. we're always out of position and play lackadaisical

Sintim97
12-31-2011, 12:55 PM

</p>

THIS^^^
</p>

I want this coaching staff gone too, but only because we lose games we should win. Winning is the goal.</p>

yes and winning this ONE game will keep them here for a future season or seasons to lose more games

FBomb
12-31-2011, 01:51 PM

that wouldn't be a fake fan ... that would be not a fan at all </P>

THIS^^^ </P>

I want this coaching staff gone too, but only because we lose games we should win. Winning is the goal.</P>

yes and winning this ONE game will keep them here for a future season or seasons to lose more games
</P>

And LOSING this game means Dallas wins the division and gets into the playoffs......NO ****ING WAY!!!!</P>

Not to mention, I think it takes at least ONE playoff win for the coaching staff to keep their jobs.</P>

GOBIGBLUE52
12-31-2011, 02:26 PM
The only way this coaching staff goes is if we get thoroughly embarrassed tomorrow to the likes of 44-6. The Giants do not pull the trigger so fast. If you do, you end up with coaching carousels like the jets, browns, bills, raiders...

Firenugget
01-01-2012, 09:13 AM
I understand the poster's perspective. He's not cheering against us. <u> What he's saying is that ultimately he believes Coughlin is the problem.</u> A win against the Cowboys is a temporary solution and we won't win the SB so it helps the real problem- Coughlin- get a vote of confidence. And next year it'll be the same thing all over again.

Some people say this is crazy you always play to win, even if you doon't have a chance to win it all. I say you always play to win the SB. I've lost confidence in this coaching staff and if I have to consider a change at OC and DC then I'll probably just bring in a new head coach.

Here's why I can't root for us to lose. TC may still keep his job if we lose. We showed against Green Bay we can play with anybody. We are capable of shocking the world. As long as we display a fighter's chance at winning it all I'll be on board. I believe in us.

Well that's where I gotta question his logic then. How many active HC's in the NFL have a SB title? The answer is a whopping <font size="6">6</font>. One of which is TC and one is Shanahan from his Denver days. There is no better coach for us out there that is proven, period. Sure you could go with an unproven guy, you could also get years of suckage to go along with it.

Thats a pretty big gamble. Bottom line is we win with TC. I think the problem isn't with the HC, it's with unrealistic fans who think we should be in the SB every year. Seriously, did you guys not see our 2nd half schedule? I think we did damn good, everything considered. We almost beat GB and if we could play decent defense we would have beaten them and a few other bone headed losses like Seattle and we wouldn't even be playing this game for a div title, it would be ours outright.

I'm much more comfortable changing D coordinator (which has honestly been our Achilles heel this year) than the entire staff.

But in any case, hoping that we lose to get a coaching change is outright stupid. Sorry, it is.

sixstr1ng
01-01-2012, 11:22 AM
I think fans always think their coaches are inept, and need to be replaced... until they are actually replaced, and then they tend to hate and blame the new coaching staff as well. It's almost universal. A lot of Eagles fans think Reid needs to go, Jets fans hate their offensive coordinator, Cowboys fans talk about their coach and OC/DC like their idiots... very easy to criticize when we're sitting on a bar stool with a beer in our hand. I am in no way convinced that a new coaching staff would make a significant difference.

Wes
01-01-2012, 11:36 AM

</P>

</P>

I dont want TC fired, i do think this is his last year, my gut is telling me that TC will retire after this year.</P>

PF needs to go, I dont mind or love KG..no one is perfect and we have had pretty good offenses...but when its bad, its really bad lol.</P>

My main issue with us winning is .... i dont think we can beat detroit. The Lions will likely come in our house and emberrass us.</P>

I HOPE they make me eat crow, win tonight, beat the lions and go on to at least the NFC championship game...but i just dont think they will.</P>

I want a very good 1st round MLB next year and if we win tonight we may take ourselves out of the chance to get one. </P>

SO, if we win tonight then get blown out at home ot detroit, im gonna be mad, but if they win tonight and go on a good run, then ill be extatic, even if they dont win the SB.</P>

jints1964
01-01-2012, 01:27 PM
So i again respectively submit that the injuries were bad but the coaching staff has been doing this for years. Second half collapses and 10 wins is fine philsophy may be fine for u but its not for me and the SB was played in 2008 the next one is in 2012 ! Do the Steelers or Patriots have coaching staffs that stand for uninspired and mediocre play. They just keep up their pace wheter they win a SB or not. And I am a loyal fan with my oponion..

bigjeep
01-01-2012, 01:32 PM
We better win, because win or lose, they are coming back!

chasjay
01-01-2012, 02:00 PM
This thread has lasted about 4 days now. I couldn't grasp the logic the first day - and it still escapes me. I don't even like to lose pre-season games. The only thing I'm okay with the Giants losing is draft position - and the coin toss doesn't bother me too much.