PDA

View Full Version : Game of Thrones

SiddFinch1
04-25-2013, 09:31 PM
Any fans out there? Great show. Great book series

gmen0820
04-25-2013, 09:35 PM
Calling Drez. Oh Drez, calling Drez. Drez? Step right up.

ShakeandBake
04-25-2013, 09:50 PM
Yup, read the books and I follow the tv series. I think they are doing a pretty good job so far in portraying the characters and plot of the book so far. They have left out little tidbits here and there but overall its been fun to watch.

SiddFinch1
04-25-2013, 10:00 PM
Yup, read the books and I follow the tv series. I think they are doing a pretty good job so far in portraying the characters and plot of the book so far. They have left out little tidbits here and there but overall its been fun to watch.Some of the changes hsve been good. Have to cut stuff as the books are massive. Tyrion is awesome. I read the books after seeing season one so Neds fate took me by surprise. Awesome

ShakeandBake
04-25-2013, 10:55 PM
Some of the changes hsve been good. Have to cut stuff as the books are massive. Tyrion is awesome. I read the books after seeing season one so Neds fate took me by surprise. Awesome

I don't like how they introduced the unsullied last episode. These are supposed to be the best soldiers in the entire world and yet there was no backstory given in the show. The whole Dany/Pyat Pree storyline wasn't too in depth either.

JPizzack
04-26-2013, 09:03 AM
I'm glad I didn't finish the books actually. Because listening to people nitpick plot points is horrific to me lol. To me this is the best show ever, and if it has to stray from the books since it's limited tv time, so be it. I'll read the books afterwards for further clarification.

Moke
04-26-2013, 09:04 AM
Read the books and watch the show. The 3rd season is really staying true to the books IMO. Minor differences, but whatever.

Very great book though.

SiddFinch1
04-27-2013, 09:39 AM
I like the changes. Arya at harrehall with tywinn was better than in the book with roose.

Drez
04-28-2013, 12:50 AM
Read the books and watch the show. The 3rd season is really staying true to the books IMO. Minor differences, but whatever.

Very great book though.I can't watch S3 until it goes up on Amazon, but that's what I've been getting from friends that have watched this season. S2 followed the books about 50%, and even though there were a handful of things I didn't particularly like about it, I understand that they had to tighten things up. I just had to make myself realize that the books and show are separate entities.

Speaking of tightening things up, doing books 4 and 5 should be interesting to see how they play it out.

Giantz4Life
04-28-2013, 03:02 AM
Apparently Book 3 will be split into two seasons.

I want to see the Red Viper vs. The Mountain fight!

Drez
04-28-2013, 09:55 PM
Apparently Book 3 will be split into two seasons.

I want to see the Red Viper vs. The Mountain fight!Spoilers!

IamGiantsfan
05-01-2013, 04:25 AM
Spoilers!
Oh the horror

Moke
05-01-2013, 09:25 AM
I can't watch S3 until it goes up on Amazon, but that's what I've been getting from friends that have watched this season. S2 followed the books about 50%, and even though there were a handful of things I didn't particularly like about it, I understand that they had to tighten things up. I just had to make myself realize that the books and show are separate entities.

Speaking of tightening things up, doing books 4 and 5 should be interesting to see how they play it out.

Book 3 was the most fantastic. One of those books was pretty boring.

SiddFinch1
05-27-2013, 03:51 PM
So far another good season. Only 2 episodes left

Drez
05-27-2013, 03:54 PM
Oh the horrorWell, there are some that have not read the books. They may not want to know whar's going to happen. It's called being respectful.

ShakeandBake
05-27-2013, 06:48 PM
Book 3 was the most fantastic. One of those books was pretty boring.

You're probably referring to a feast for crows(#4) which I agree was a snoozefest for the most part.

Drez
05-27-2013, 06:51 PM
You're probably referring to a feast for crows(#4) which I agree was a snoozefest for the most part.Yeah, Crows was a little slow. It was more about what to do with power, as opposed to the struggle for it. Still good, just not too much momentum.

ShakeandBake
05-27-2013, 06:58 PM
Yeah, Crows was a little slow. It was more about what to do with power, as opposed to the struggle for it. Still good, just not too much momentum.

Yeah all the books have been good so far. It would be nice if Martin would speed up the writing for the conclusion of the series though, he doesn't exactly look like hes going to be around for much longer as ****ed up as that may sound.

Drez
05-27-2013, 07:01 PM
Yeah all the books have been good so far. It would be nice if Martin would speed up the writing for the conclusion of the series though, he doesn't exactly look like hes going to be around for much longer as ****ed up as that may sound.People said that about Keith Richards in the '70's, too.

I think the final two books need to be out within the next 4 or 5 years, with Winds of Winter due out within two.

ShakeandBake
05-27-2013, 07:22 PM
People said that about Keith Richards in the '70's, too.

I think the final two books need to be out within the next 4 or 5 years, with Winds of Winter due out within two.

Cmon now, Richards at least had age on his side back then. Apparently Winds of Winter is going to be as long as the last two combined so I/m not going to hold my breath.

Drez
05-27-2013, 07:34 PM
Cmon now, Richards at least had age on his side back then. Apparently Winds of Winter is going to be as long as the last two combined so I/m not going to hold my breath.No, contractually it has to be out. He'll be in big doodoo if it's not.

ShakeandBake
05-27-2013, 07:48 PM
No, contractually it has to be out. He'll be in big doodoo if it's not.

I've been looking for that info but all I could find were anticipated release dates. Glad to hear that an actual deadline has been agreed upon.

Giantz4Life
06-02-2013, 10:24 PM
I think anyone who has read the books knew once they saw tonight's episode title what was going to happen (Rains of Castamere).

Great episode.

Moke
06-03-2013, 09:49 AM
The Rains of Castemere song during that scene was awesome. Catelyn looking underneath Bolton's garments and seeing the mail was fantastic. I don't know why, but it got me all excited.

easterbeast
06-03-2013, 01:44 PM
last episode was rather disturbing

Drez
06-03-2013, 05:54 PM
last episode was rather disturbingMartin has said that that part was so emotionally painful to write that he finished writing the rest of the book before writing that part.

Drez
06-03-2013, 05:56 PM
I think anyone who has read the books knew once they saw tonight's episode title what was going to happen (Rains of Castamere).

Great episode.I haven't seen this season yet, but as soon as I heard that they were stretching this book into 2 seasons I knew exactly what the season finale was going to be.

I cannot wait until they put this **** up on Amazon.

Drez
06-03-2013, 05:57 PM
I've been looking for that info but all I could find were anticipated release dates. Glad to hear that an actual deadline has been agreed upon.The anticipated release dates are kind of centered around the contractual dates. I'm sure he has a little leeway, but I think everything needs to be wrapped up in 2016 or 2017.

Edit: I'm sure though, if the TV show is still driving up sales of the older books, he may be able to get the publisher to bend a little on the contract dates.

Moke
06-04-2013, 09:42 AM
What pisses me off is that the people who do the show know exactly how the books are going to finish. George Martin told them what's going to happen in the future books.

That's why we see certain scenes hinting towards the future.

Just hurry up and write the books already!!!

Drez
06-04-2013, 02:15 PM
What pisses me off is that the people who do the show know exactly how the books are going to finish. George Martin told them what's going to happen in the future books.

That's why we see certain scenes hinting towards the future.

Just hurry up and write the books already!!!I haven't seen this season yet, but is there really that much in there that you can't pick up from in the books?

Moke
06-04-2013, 03:02 PM
I haven't seen this season yet, but is there really that much in there that you can't pick up from in the books?

The one part I'm speaking of seems minor I guess if you read the books later on as well.