PDA

View Full Version : Anyone hear what Sterling Sharp said on NFL network?

Drystt
12-29-2011, 11:58 AM
Him and Tory Holt were talking about pro bowl snubs Cruz and Jordy Nelson. When asked about Cruz, Sterling said "whenever he hears the name Victor Cruz, he thinks of a 6'2'' Mexican playing the guitar " What a ignorant piece of crap he is. This is not only borderline racist, but extremely disrespectful to any professional athlete who has worked hard to get to the NFL. Cruz is half Puerto Rican and half African American. I hope he unacceptable(sharpe ) gets serious backlash for this one. And to add insult to injury, the blonde anchor, forgot her name, is laughing hysterically on the air in the back ground. This may not only be a big deal to most of you, however if anyone says anythig within the lines towards African Americans or any other race that is sensitive to these kind of remarks (anything said about any race is unacceptable) Im sure the sky would fall.

Vtgmenfan89
12-29-2011, 12:01 PM
Wow what a d**chebag. I've always liked Sharpe too, that's disappointing. You'd think he'd show some respect to someone who plays his former position.

Drystt
12-29-2011, 12:05 PM
Yeah ignorant and stupid

MikeIsaGiant
12-29-2011, 12:06 PM
Ignorant remark.

Maybe he's jealous of his TD celebration

mfraykor
12-29-2011, 12:09 PM
Kinda expected coming from a guy who looks like his face never stopped growing.... especially his mouth

TrueBlue07
12-29-2011, 12:12 PM
Sharpe picked the Jets last week because he felt the Giants needed the game more than the Jets, and teams that need to win more than the other team don't perform as well.

Tells you all you need to know about this guy.

Ruttiger711
12-29-2011, 12:15 PM
Kinda expected coming from a guy who looks like his face never stopped growing.... especially his mouth

I believe you're thinking of Shannon Sharpe

IamGiantsfan
12-29-2011, 12:21 PM

no i think he meant sterling

http://athletes-celebrities.tseworld.com/cached/_images/maintainwidth/160x192/3289d6466a2cd8483042263f956c9f7d/sharpe-sterling-160-b-1884.jpg

IamGiantsfan
12-29-2011, 12:21 PM

no i think he meant sterling

http://athletes-celebrities.tseworld.com/cached/_images/maintainwidth/160x192/3289d6466a2cd8483042263f956c9f7d/sharpe-sterling-160-b-1884.jpg

u2good
12-29-2011, 12:28 PM
Not really defending him, but Sterling's remark didn't come off that way to me. The name Victor Cruz is a little odd, almost an oxymoron, kinda like Jamal Rothstein or Rosalina Johnson. You don't expect those two names together. And when you think of a football player, it sounds funny, and if you said the name VC without knowing who he was, you wouldn't think football WR. You'd think of a really smart latino :)

Not complaining. Just saying...

Recently a player named Rock Cartwright played for the Redskins. Now THAT's an old school football player name. That's the context of which I think Sterling was referring to.

And to his defense, Sterling has said positive things about VC.

Not for nothing, but I don't think we'd be talking about it if Sterling had said this about a player not playing for the Giants.

Giantsin04
12-29-2011, 12:29 PM
" This may not only be a big deal to most of you, however if any White Person says anythig within the lines towards African Americans or any other race that is sensitive to these kind of remarks (anything said about any race is unacceptable) Im sure the sky would fall."

-- Here, I fixed that for you.

NWKEffectElement
12-29-2011, 12:36 PM
Not really defending him, but Sterling's remark didn't come off that way to me. The name Victor Cruz is a little odd, almost an oxymoron, kinda like Jamal Rothstein or Rosalina Johnson. You don't expect those two names together. And when you think of a football player, it sounds funny, and if you said the name VC without knowing who he was, you wouldn't think football WR. You'd think of a really smart latino :)

Recently a player named Rock Cartwright played for the Redskins. Now THAT's an old school football player name. That's the context of which I think Sterling was referring to.

Not for nothing, but I don't think we'd be talking about it if Sterling had said this about a player not playing for the Giants.

If that is the way you think, please do us a favor and don't post in here anymore.

mfraykor
12-29-2011, 12:44 PM

Yeah.. you are right.. . just saw sharp jumped in to it too fast... my bad

GameTime
12-29-2011, 12:47 PM
Victor Cruz IS a Mexican Guitar Player...just sayin....maybe Sharpe knows this....</P>

Either way he wast saying it maliciously....calm down. </P>

It may have been a poor choice of words to usebut please....he wasnt ripping Cruz, Mexicans, or anybody else...</P>

</P>

</P>

</P>

CA Jints Fan
12-29-2011, 12:48 PM
however if anyone says anythig within the lines towards African Americans or any other race that is sensitive to these kind of remarks

We use "black" in my neighborhood

u2good
12-29-2011, 12:48 PM

If that is the way you think, please do us a favor and don't post in here anymore.

Aw man, lighten up. There's nothing wrong with what I wrote. What, you never thought somebody had a strange sounding name before? Stop being such a diehard fan for a second...

GameTime
12-29-2011, 12:49 PM
Not really defending him, but Sterling's remark didn't come off that way to me. The name<FONT color=#000080 size=4> Victor </FONT>Cruz is a little odd, almost an oxymoron, kinda like Jamal Rothstein or Rosalina Johnson. You don't expect those two names together. And when you think of a football player, it sounds funny, and if you said the name VC without knowing who he was, you wouldn't think football WR. You'd think of a really smart latino :) Not complaining. Just saying... Recently a player named Rock Cartwright played for the Redskins. Now THAT's an old school football player name. That's the context of which I think Sterling was referring to. And to his defense, Sterling has said positive things about VC. Not for nothing, but I don't think we'd be talking about it if Sterling had said this about a player not playing for the Giants.</P>

The name Victor is a pretty popular Latino name BTW....</P>

GreenZone
12-29-2011, 12:49 PM
Wow, what a waste of energy. For those either waiting to be offended or outraged that they don't get equal outrage offense time, let's stop the game.

If one had to wait for an offensive remark against any Giants player or the team by any NFL analyst or network, the wait would last about two seconds. And if one were waiting for an insightful comment, you'd still be at the bus stop. (Oh wait, did that last remark offend anyone? I better take it back.)

So, if this thread is supposed to be about talking Giants football, I disagree. ...And I am offended at it. [;)]

Buckeroo
12-29-2011, 12:53 PM
Victor Cruz IS a Mexican Guitar Player...just sayin....maybe Sharpe knows this....</P>

Either way he wast saying it maliciously....calm down. </P>

It may have been a poor choice of words to usebut please....he wasnt ripping Cruz, Mexicans, or anybody else...</P>

</P>

Exactly.....everybody calm the heck down.....</P>

burier
12-29-2011, 01:51 PM
This thread is a real winner

Drystt
12-29-2011, 02:22 PM
" This may not only be a big deal to most of you, however if any White Person says anythig within the lines towards African Americans or any other race that is sensitive to these kind of remarks (anything said about any race is unacceptable) Im sure the sky would fall."

-- Here, I fixed that for you.

Ah Thanks. hard to post through phone text

TroyArcher
12-29-2011, 02:24 PM
I saw the show and didn't think he did it in a malicious way. He was just trying to make a joke. Political Correctness pisses me off more than his statement.

Drystt
12-29-2011, 02:25 PM

^Boom

Coach Carter
12-29-2011, 02:36 PM
Him and Tory Holt were talking about pro bowl snubs Cruz and Jordy Nelson. When asked about Cruz, Sterling said "whenever he hears the name Victor Cruz, he thinks of a 6'2'' Mexican playing the guitar " What a ignorant piece of crap he is. This is not only borderline racist, but extremely disrespectful to any professional athlete who has worked hard to get to the NFL. Cruz is half Puerto Rican and half African American. I hope he unacceptable(sharpe ) gets serious backlash for this one. And to add insult to injury, the blonde anchor, forgot her name, is laughing hysterically on the air in the back ground. This may not only be a big deal to most of you, however if anyone says anythig within the lines towards African Americans or any other race that is sensitive to these kind of remarks (anything said about any race is unacceptable) Im sure the sky would fall.

If Cruz is half Puerto Rican and half African American, the he is three fourths black. Puerto Ricans (and the rest of Latin American) would not exist if it were not for African American being transported to those areas. Don't confuse ethnicity with culture.

Victor Cruz is a Spanish speaking African mixed with some Indian and European. That being said, Sterling Sharpe, an African, can make fun of another African.

Nothing else here folks.

joeybagadonutz23
12-29-2011, 02:42 PM
There's a lot of butt hurt going on here. Personally I think he was joking and racial jokes ARE funny. If they weren't- Chris Rock would not be famous.

jjj45
12-29-2011, 02:47 PM
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9YV-MCWn8sA">NFL Films: Sterling Sharpe
</a>

BurnerNYG
12-29-2011, 02:55 PM
Aww man, for you to get so riled up over something like this just shows YOUR ignorance. I heard worse come out of the mouths of Rush Limbaugh, Bill O'Reilly and some other idiots who shouldn't be on TV. I don't care what those people say, I just shrug it off. Besides, the only color that matters in this country is green. What you tryin to rile up the troops? Lol

Another thing, most blacks in this country never been to Africa. That term African American should be assigned to an African who moved to the States to become a citizen. Nobody calls white people European Americans. Just sayin.

sc_markt
12-29-2011, 05:49 PM

I didn't hear this but if he did say it, I agree, it sounds like a racist comment to me.

NYtoSanDiego
12-29-2011, 06:02 PM
everyone whose not from tri state area or miami thinks that someone with a latin last name is mexican. i had to correct someone out here during thanksgiving that J.Lo wasn't mexican but puertorriquena.

Giant stuck in Texas
12-29-2011, 06:10 PM

If Cruz is half Puerto Rican and half African American, the he is three fourths black. Puerto Ricans (and the rest of Latin American) would not exist if it were not for African American being transported to those areas. Don't confuse ethnicity with culture.

Victor Cruz is a Spanish speaking African mixed with some Indian and European. That being said, Sterling Sharpe, an African, can make fun of another African.

Nothing else here folks.
I think you meant migrated, not transported. They weren't a box of DVD's on a FedEx truck.

pino
12-29-2011, 06:15 PM
I don't think he said anything bad or negative about any race. I think people just need to chill and quit playing the victim card.

BurnerNYG
12-29-2011, 06:16 PM
You guys must don't blog much or go out the house. I heard things far worse. I was reading this blog the other day about this mexican girl who threw her baby out the window and then she jumped after. They both survived "Thank God" but you should've read the racist, disgusting comments at the bottom of the page. I didn't see nor hear what Sharpe said but I bet it was a joke. Why is this thread even in this forum?

joeybagadonutz23
12-29-2011, 06:17 PM

Nothing else here folks.
I think you meant migrated, not transported. They weren't a box of DVD's on a FedEx truck.

Actually if you want to get all technical, migration is done on free will. They were trafficked.

TheEnigma
12-29-2011, 06:20 PM
Words can only offend you if you allow them.

egyptian420
Aww man, for you to get so riled up over something like this just shows YOUR ignorance. I heard worse come out of the mouths of Rush Limbaugh, Bill O'Reilly and some other idiots who shouldn't be on TV. I don't care what those people say, I just shrug it off. Besides, the only color that matters in this country is green. What you tryin to rile up the troops? Lol

Another thing, most blacks in this country never been to Africa. That term African American should be assigned to an African who moved to the States to become a citizen. Nobody calls white people European Americans. Just sayin.
+20....Agree with every point, specially the last one. In all technicality, I'm more African than most "African Americans" since I was actually born and raised in an African country.

egyptian420
I saw the show and didn't think he did it in a malicious way. He was just trying to make a joke. Political Correctness pisses me off more than his statement.
+1

jomo
12-29-2011, 06:22 PM
Him and Tory Holt were talking about pro bowl snubs Cruz and Jordy Nelson. When asked about Cruz, Sterling said "whenever he hears the name Victor Cruz, he thinks of a 6'2'' Mexican playing the guitar " What a ignorant piece of crap he is. This is not only borderline racist, but extremely disrespectful to any professional athlete who has worked hard to get to the NFL. Cruz is half Puerto Rican and half African American. I hope he unacceptable(sharpe ) gets serious backlash for this one. And to add insult to injury, the blonde anchor, forgot her name, is laughing hysterically on the air in the back ground. This may not only be a big deal to most of you, however if anyone says anythig within the lines towards African Americans or any other race that is sensitive to these kind of remarks (anything said about any race is unacceptable) Im sure the sky would fall.Tory Holt also said on the fan today that he likes the Giants because of Eli (OK) plus they have a great offensive line. Bradshaw is also healthy and Nicks is one of the best receivers in the game. HELLO? OL is great?! Bradshaw has not practiced this weekandhe totally missed that Nicks is nursing a sore hammy. Did he do any research before just blabbering? Lesson here? Don't get too worked up about what any of those guys say on TV or radio. They are really, really weak.

BurnerNYG
12-29-2011, 06:37 PM

+20....Agree with every point, specially the last one. In all technicality, I'm more African than most "African Americans" since I was actually born and raised in an African country.
;-)

Easy-Duz-It
12-29-2011, 06:43 PM
what a dumb thread. get over it. it was obviously a joke. knowing that there is actually a Mexican guitar player named Victor Cruz makes this thread even sillier. i'm kind of interested in what the o.p. thinks of Mexicans who play the guitar in general. obviously it's a very disparaging label to have according to this thread. maybe the o.p. has an issue with Mexicans and is thus offended by Victor being referred to as one? just a thought.

interesting discussion on the use of the term 'African American' going on here. i happen to agree that it's rather silly. what do they call blacks in England? i know we have some Englishmen on this board. do they call them African British? that would be funny wouldn't it?

political correctness can certainly be obnoxious at times. i'm as liberal as it gets. never really dealt with racism growing up, but can certainly acknowledge its existence and its negative impacts on society. but that doesn't mean we can't joke about race, which was obviously what was going on in this particular case.

matter of fact, and this is just a personal reaction, but i tend to sense more blind racism coming from people who refer to black people as 'African Americans' than those who just call them 'black'. unless it's used in a formal setting, whenever i hear someone use the term 'African American' it usually sounds contrived. like they're using it specifically not to sound racist. anyway, just my ten cents.

...this really has nothing to do with giants football does it?

Roosevelt
12-29-2011, 06:50 PM

Nothing else here folks.

Ah yes, but can he play guitar?

jjj45
12-29-2011, 06:55 PM
what a dumb thread. get over it. it was obviously a joke. knowing that there is actually a Mexican guitar player named Victor Cruz makes this thread even sillier. i'm kind of interested in what the o.p. thinks of Mexicans who play the guitar in general. obviously it's a very disparaging label to have according to this thread. maybe the o.p. has an issue with Mexicans and is thus offended by Victor being referred to as one? just a thought.

interesting discussion on the use of the term 'African American' going on here. i happen to agree that it's rather silly. what do they call blacks in England? i know we have some Englishmen on this board. do they call them African British? that would be funny wouldn't it?

political correctness can certainly be obnoxious at times. i'm as liberal as it gets. never really dealt with racism growing up, but can certainly acknowledge its existence and its negative impacts on society. but that doesn't mean we can't joke about race, which was obviously what was going on in this particular case.

matter of fact, and this is just a personal reaction, but i tend to sense more blind racism coming from people who refer to black people as 'African Americans' than those who just call them 'black'. unless it's used in a formal setting, whenever i hear someone use the term 'African American' it usually sounds contrived. like they're using it specifically not to sound racist. anyway, just my ten cents.

...this really has nothing to do with giants football does it?I have a feeling you're going to be a lot of fun on here.

NYG_88
12-29-2011, 07:13 PM
I am of hispanic heritage and when I heard the name Victor Cruz in the preseason game, I was like Whoa! A hispanic WR playing for the Giants thats awesome! But then I later on I learned he was Puertican and African American. So I do understand where Sterling Sharpe is coming from but he could have said worse like, " When I hear the name Victor Cruz I think of the guy that mows my lawn." That would have been racist. Maybe he was trying to be funny but still uncalled for.

BurnerNYG
12-29-2011, 07:25 PM

...this really has nothing to do with giants football does it?Great post!!! I wonder how riled up the OP was when Don Imus jokingly called those girls down in Tennessee "nappy headed hoes"? I bet he got a good laugh out of that. I'm black and I didn't take it to heart like a lot of people did. The man was joking but I guess he went too far.

bronxvgiant
12-29-2011, 07:30 PM
Sharpes nothing but an egotistical,big mouth.

Coach Carter
12-29-2011, 09:13 PM

...this really has nothing to do with giants football does it?Great post!!! I wonder how riled up the OP was when Don Imus jokingly called those girls down in Tennessee "nappy headed hoes"? I bet he got a good laugh out of that. I'm black and I didn't take it to heart like a lot of people did. The man was joking but I guess he went too far.

Don Imus never did anything to me or my family. That man got railroaded. And I'm Black.

Coach Carter
12-29-2011, 09:16 PM

Nothing else here folks.

Ah yes, but can he play guitar?

I never knew that was what Sharpe was referring to until I read some of the posts on this thread.

The sad thing is this, racism is used to to have the poor fight against each other while the rich enjoy the spoils. It is all a big distraction.

jjj45
12-29-2011, 09:27 PM
The sad thing is this, racism is used to to have the poor fight against each other while the rich enjoy the spoils. It is all a big distraction.
wow. brilliantly put.

BurnerNYG
12-29-2011, 09:34 PM

Don Imus never did anything to me or my family. That man got railroaded. And I'm Black.
Exactly! You got rappers calling women of color *itches and hoes but Imus says a joke and people go nuts! I wasn't down with that bs.

Easy-Duz-It
12-29-2011, 09:39 PM
wow. brilliantly put.

this seems relevant.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=acLW1vFO-2Q

jjj45
12-29-2011, 10:03 PM
wow. brilliantly put.

this seems relevant.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=acLW1vFO-2QThats a great video. And you say you're a liberal?

Easy-Duz-It
12-29-2011, 10:20 PM
wow. brilliantly put.

this seems relevant.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=acLW1vFO-2QThats a great video. And you say you're a liberal?

that's what my conservative friends would call me.

allentown PA
12-29-2011, 10:31 PM
who cares people are ignorant...I hate both sharpes

jjj45
12-29-2011, 10:33 PM
wow. brilliantly put.

this seems relevant.

that's what my conservative friends would call me.those in the video are more libertarian views. Smaller government and less meddling in the free markets from the government.

While liberal practice has more emphasis on big government.

gmen0820
12-29-2011, 10:46 PM
Racism and stereotypes don't count if you're a minority.

younggiant
12-29-2011, 10:48 PM

CTFU!

giantman8493
12-29-2011, 10:48 PM
however if anyone says anythig within the lines towards African Americans or any other race that is sensitive to these kind of remarks

We use "black" in my neighborhood We use "***s" in mine

Easy-Duz-It
12-29-2011, 10:51 PM
wow. brilliantly put.

this seems relevant.

that's what my conservative friends would call me.those in the video are more libertarian views. Smaller government and less meddling in the free markets from the government.

Different from liberal practice which has more emphasis on big government.

in the context i used the word liberal, i was describing my social views. very different from a political ideology, which is what you are describing. labels like 'liberal' get misinterpreted all time which is why i hesitate to use them.

if i had to describe my politics in that sense, i would call myself a democratic socialist. but i would never go around telling people i'm a socialist. mainly because people don't understand what it is. ultimately i just think people should take care of each other, and my vote goes to whoever i believe has the best interest in doing just that. the field always seems rather sparse for some reason. haha. but anyhow, we are getting way off topic here. glad you enjoyed the video. Carlin is one of my all time favorite comics.

getting back to the pointless topic of the thread, i'm hoping the big Mexi-Can will be serenading us with TWO salsa dances this weekend!

jjj45
12-29-2011, 11:13 PM
wow. brilliantly put.

this seems relevant.

Different from liberal practice which has more emphasis on big government.

in the context i used the word liberal, i was describing my social views. very different from a political ideology, which is what you are describing. labels like 'liberal' get misinterpreted all time which is why i hesitate to use them.

if i had to describe my politics in that sense, i would call myself a democratic socialist. but i would never go around telling people i'm a socialist. mainly because people don't understand what it is. ultimately i just think people should take care of each other, and my vote goes to whoever i believe has the best interest in doing just that. but anyhow, we are getting way off topic here. glad you enjoyed the video. Carlin is one of my all time favorite comics.

getting back to the pointless topic of the thread, i'm hoping the big Mexi-Can will be serenading us with TWO salsa dances this weekend!I see. I agree people should take care of each other but I dont think the government should do it. We are turning into too much of a nanny state. Relying on the gov for everything. I respect your opinion though.

The more it is in control the more in trouble we are. Look at Germany during WWII and other regimes.

This is just my opinion, take it for what its worth.

I love this country and its people, but I can't stand the US government and the cronies who run it, Democratic or Republican. Too me they're all a bunch of greedy crooks.

but yes, back to football. Cruz used to be a Dallas fan. It should be interesting when we play them.

gmen0820
12-29-2011, 11:17 PM
I see. I agree people should take care of each other but I dont think the government should do it. We are turning into too much of a nanny state. Relying on the gov for everything. I respect your opinion though.

The more it is in control the more in trouble we are. Look at Germany during WWII and other regimes.

I love this country and its people, but I can't stand the US government and the cronies who run it, Democratic or Republican. Too me they're all a bunch of greedy crooks.

+1

EJ Blue
12-29-2011, 11:38 PM
You know that he was just trying to make a joke right? Why do people have to quickly take offense to everything.

and I'm black with a hispanic Last name too, and I wasn't offended at all.

Easy-Duz-It
12-29-2011, 11:39 PM
I see. I agree people should take care of each other but I dont think the government should do it. We are turning into too much of a nanny state. Relying on the gov for everything. I respect your opinion though.

+1

point taken. but ultimately we do need a government, and it would be nice to have one with our best interests in mind. while i agree that much of the US government is made up of 'greedy crooks', the social structure of the 'free market', which you seem to believe in, is no less corrupt.

government is necessary to protect its citizens. and whether ours has been doing a good job of that or not, i feel like we have no choice but to believe in what it can be. but as it is, as Mr. Carlin so eloquently illustrated, we're all getting f----d.

Drystt
12-29-2011, 11:39 PM
To be quite honest, I had no idea that there is a Mexican guitar player named Victor Cruz as well, perhaps Sterling really was referring to him in a positive way, maybe not but then again everything is based off of personal perspective. To those who went off ranting about political correctness and told me to get over it speaks loudly of your character and goes to wonder what exactly is being said behind closed doors, then again we all have free will to an opinion. Didn't mean this to become a political debate on racism or whatever for or against irrelevant debates this is turning into. Funny thing is that people are starting to make a bigger deal about this than I have. I felt I was just passing a long something that caught my attention. Mods you can delete this post now since it will turn into something that has nothing to do with Giants Football. My apologies. Take it or leave it. Lets focus on this win Sunday.

jjj45
12-30-2011, 12:00 AM

+1

point taken. but ultimately we do need a government, and it would be nice to have one with our best interests in mind. while i agree that much of the US government is made up of 'greedy crooks', the social structure of the 'free market', which you seem to believe in, is no less corrupt.

government is necessary to protect its citizens. and whether ours has been doing a good job of that or not, i feel like we have no choice but to believe in what it can be. but as it is, as Mr. Carlin so eloquently illustrated, we're all getting f----d.Let me clarify. No doubt we need a government. What I object too is the way they go about it. Under the guise of "protecting" us, they are like you said screwing us over. Greed and power is all they want. And they will trick you and me to get it. The "corruption" of the free market that you speak of is because of the governments manipulation of it. The pure system itself is not.

giantman8493
12-30-2011, 12:01 AM

+1

government is necessary to protect its citizens. and whether ours has been doing a good job of that or not, i feel like we have no choice but to believe in what it can be. but as it is, as Mr. Carlin so eloquently illustrated, we're all getting f----d.Let me clarify. No doubt we need a government. What I object too is the way they go about it. Under the guise of "protecting" us, they are like you said screwing us over. Greed and power is all they want. And they will trick you and me to get it. The "corruption" of the free market that you speak of is because of the governments manipulation of it. The pure system itself is not.
Without the government we would not exist

DVision
12-30-2011, 12:03 AM

You live on Christopher Street?

DVision
12-30-2011, 12:06 AM

+1

Without the government we would not exist

Government is important! Politics suck! Unfortunately they go hand in hand! Now back to football!

jjj45
12-30-2011, 12:06 AM

+1

Without the government we would not existObviously. Government itself is not my problem. Its when it gets too big and tries to control my life. Thats when I object to it.

Easy-Duz-It
12-30-2011, 12:26 AM
To be quite honest, I had no idea that there is a Mexican guitar player named Victor Cruz as well, perhaps Sterling really was referring to him in a positive way, maybe not but then again everything is based off of personal perspective.* To those who went off ranting about political correctness and told me to get over it speaks loudly of your character and goes to wonder what exactly is being said behind closed doors, then again we all have free will to an opinion. Didn't mean this to become a political debate on racism or whatever for or against irrelevant debates this is turning into. Funny thing is that people are starting to make a bigger deal about this than I have. I felt I was just passing a long something that caught my attention. Mods you can delete this post now since it will turn into something that has nothing to do with Giants Football. My apologies. Take it or leave it. Lets focus on this win Sunday.

haha. don't worry about it. we've moved on from your post. just a friendly discussion

Easy-Duz-It
12-30-2011, 12:28 AM

You live on Christopher Street?

good one!

P_Simms_#11
12-30-2011, 12:53 AM

The women's basketball team was from Rutgers.

zimonami
12-30-2011, 12:59 AM
You know that he was just trying to make a joke right? Why do people have to quickly take offense to everything.

I read this entire thread, and didn't think I was going to learn anything new. Surprise... who knew that 'Blue' was an Hispanic word.
:))) (where's the tools to make this red?)

EJ Blue
12-30-2011, 01:04 AM
You know that he was just
trying to make a joke right? Why do people have to quickly take offense
to everything.

I
read this entire thread, and didn't think I was going to learn anything
new. Surprise... who knew that 'Blue' was an Hispanic word.

I hope you're joking...

zimonami
12-30-2011, 01:16 AM
You know that he was just
trying to make a joke right? Why do people have to quickly take offense
to everything.

I
read this entire thread, and didn't think I was going to learn anything
new. Surprise... who knew that 'Blue' was an Hispanic word.

I hope you're joking...

lol... that's why I wanted it to be red. After all the seriousness I thought a little levity was needed.

BurnerNYG
12-30-2011, 01:28 AM

Thanks for clarifying that for me. It's been awhile and everything I said on this thread was off the top of my head.

BurnerNYG
12-30-2011, 01:31 AM
To be quite honest, I had no idea that there is a Mexican guitar player named Victor Cruz as well, perhaps Sterling really was referring to him in a positive way, maybe not but then again everything is based off of personal perspective.* To those who went off ranting about political correctness and told me to get over it speaks loudly of your character and goes to wonder what exactly is being said behind closed doors, then again we all have free will to an opinion. Didn't mean this to become a political debate on racism or whatever for or against irrelevant debates this is turning into. Funny thing is that people are starting to make a bigger deal about this than I have. I felt I was just passing a long something that caught my attention. Mods you can delete this post now since it will turn into something that has nothing to do with Giants Football. My apologies. Take it or leave it. Lets focus on this win Sunday.
Starting a thread without knowing the full details. What a genius. Thanks for making an *** out of yourself.

P_Simms_#11
12-30-2011, 02:31 AM

Thanks for clarifying that for me. It's been awhile and everything I said on this thread was off the top of my head.

No problem. I don't follow UCONN, but i like your avatar.

BurnerNYG
12-30-2011, 03:01 AM

No problem. I don't follow UCONN, but i like your avatar.
Thanks. I haven't had time to follow em like I used to either. I usually catch the highlights or a weekend game here and there. I need to get up to Storrs.

shockeyg
12-30-2011, 04:55 AM
LOL, I have a buddy that says S.S. looks like he's chewing on hay everytime he talks..