PDA

View Full Version : Nothing has changed in my eyes

derekunion28
04-27-2009, 07:16 PM
Nothing has changed in my eyes. Anyone else, we are the same team now ,them before the draft, .. Not one rookie has played a pro down, and the chance they contribute in next season, is slim to none, It takes time for guys to learn and change to pro speed and strength from college.I think we have potential in future years, butt as of now i dont think so., remeber we have room for only so many also. Though i em no pro coach scout or analyst its just my humble view of it all. It just seems weird how many people aregetting so hyped up, over some college players that we have no idea how they will transition into the pros. anyone else feel this way.

knobhead
04-27-2009, 07:17 PM
Nothing has changed in my eyes. Anyone else, we are the same team now ,them before the draft, .. Not one rookie has played a pro down, and the chance they contribute in next season, is slim to none, It takes time for guys to learn and change to pro speed and strength from college.I think we have potential in future years, butt as of now i dont think so., remeber we have room for only so many also. Though i em no pro coach scout or analyst its just my humble view of it all. It just seems weird how many people aregetting so hyped up, over some college players that we have no idea how they will transition into the pros. anyone else feel this way.feel the same way

BJacobs27
04-27-2009, 07:17 PM
Nothing has changed in my eyes. Anyone* else, we are the same team now ,them before the draft, .. Not one rookie has played a pro down, and the chance they contribute in next season, is slim to none, It takes time for guys to learn and change to pro speed and strength from college.**I think we have potential* in future years, butt* as of now i dont think so., remeber we have room for only so many also. Though i em no pro coach scout or analyst its just my humble view of it all. It just seems weird how many people are*getting so hyped up, over some college players that we have no idea how they will transition into the pros. anyone else feel this way.

Tell that to the 07 draft class dum dum.

GiantsWinAlltime
04-27-2009, 07:18 PM
Nothing has changed in my eyes. Anyone else, we are the same team now ,them before the draft, .. Not one rookie has played a pro down, and the chance they contribute in next season, is slim to none, It takes time for guys to learn and change to pro speed and strength from college.I think we have potential in future years, butt as of now i dont think so., remeber we have room for only so many also. Though i em no pro coach scout or analyst its just my humble view of it all. It just seems weird how many people aregetting so hyped up, over some college players that we have no idea how they will transition into the pros. anyone else feel this way. Tell that to the 07 draft class dum dum.[:)]Yeah!!

BIGBLUEXLII
04-27-2009, 07:19 PM
I remember hearing the same chatter when we lost Pettigrout, then again when we lost Tiki, then again when we lost Shockey, now again that we have lost Plax. Our organization knows what they are doing.....we are not the Lions.</P>

EVERYONE NEEDS TO RELAX!!</P>

knobhead
04-27-2009, 07:19 PM
hows the 08 class

EliBGold
04-27-2009, 07:20 PM
Nothing has changed in my eyes. Anyone else, we are the same team now ,them before the draft, .. Not one rookie has played a pro down, and the chance they contribute in next season, is slim to none, It takes time for guys to learn and change to pro speed and strength from college.I think we have potential in future years, butt as of now i dont think so., remeber we have room for only so many also. Though i em no pro coach scout or analyst its just my humble view of it all. It just seems weird how many people aregetting so hyped up, over some college players that we have no idea how they will transition into the pros. anyone else feel this way.</P>

Have to disagree to some extent. Plenty of guys contribute in year one these days. Nicks and Sintim will likely contribute significantly, and Beatty is one injured OT from being a starter. All three of those guys carried borderlinefirst round grades according to most scouts.</P>

I'm not garaunteeing any of these guys start week 1, but I'm pretty sure they'll be contributors with an important role.</P>

derekunion28
04-27-2009, 07:20 PM
guess you guys think that is gona happen every year .. that year is what put resse on the map . it made him look like a genius i dont think that will continue to happen every year nor does that happen to many pro teams witch is why it made him look so good because they played and contributed

BJacobs27
04-27-2009, 07:22 PM
hows the 08 class

I think Kenny Phillips, Terrell Thomas, Bryan Kehl stepped in and did a GREAT job. KP and TT more than Kehl but you can't say the draft is a guessing game, our scouts to a nice job projecting them.

Wes
04-27-2009, 07:23 PM
Nothing has changed in my eyes. Anyone else, we are the same team now ,them before the draft, .. Not one rookie has played a pro down, and the chance they contribute in next season, is slim to none, It takes time for guys to learn and change to pro speed and strength from college.I think we have potential in future years, butt as of now i dont think so., remeber we have room for only so many also. Though i em no pro coach scout or analyst its just my humble view of it all. It just seems weird how many people aregetting so hyped up, over some college players that we have no idea how they will transition into the pros. anyone else feel this way.</P>

</P>

Actually laot has changed. With now have certain players at depth/skill positions that wil lcontribute mor than last year. We have WR rookies with great talent and our young guys have ANOTHER year under theri belt. We have TONS mor depth at DLine and our yound DBs with another year under their belt. We also have Boley now too. Alot has changed...you must be still watchign the Eagles game?</P>

BJacobs27
*guess you guys think that is gona happen every year .. that year is what put resse on the map . it made him look like a genius i dont think that will continue to happen every year nor does that happen to many pro teams witch is why it made him look so good because they played and contributed

So where are all these players coming from? They all come from the draft my man. Reese gets value picks that step in and do a good job, he's 3 for 3 on first round picks who came in and did a very good job, why should this be any different?

derekunion28
yeah thats all on defense of the side of the ball.. this year we went more offense its harder as a rookie butt what do i know .. guess i em just a dum dum

knobhead
04-27-2009, 07:24 PM
how many picks did we have last year?

knobhead
04-27-2009, 07:27 PM
3 for 3? phillips ok but ross was nt that great last year he may improve but may not if your countin nicks allready its still early

derekunion28
04-27-2009, 07:28 PM
most of what i was saying is aimed at all the wr talk and draft picks on the offensive side.seems like most people on thisboard act as if our picks are gona come in and play right away , i personally disagree.. no need to start name calling if u disagreee with someone thats childish in my eyes

knobhead
04-27-2009, 07:31 PM
most of what i was saying is aimed at all the wr talk and draft picks on the offensive side.seems like most people on thisboard act as if our picks are gona come in and play right away , i personally disagree.. no need to start name calling if u disagreee with someone thats childish in my eyesI agree

bandwgn86
04-27-2009, 07:34 PM

its easier if you get that "win this year" ideaout of your head and change it to "win next season"..we'll be good this year allowing Hix/Smith another full year to gel ...or maybe Nicks/Bardencan step up and do it..maybe we don't go far in the playoffs this season..but next season andprobably for another 3 years we'll be the team to beat...with the most talented WR group in the game and a dominate Defense and a ground attack thats unstopable..</P>

</P>

</P>

Bleedin Blue Since '62
04-27-2009, 07:37 PM

<FONT color=#800080>There was a time when every player in the NFL had not played a down in the league. That includes all the stars obviously.</FONT></P>

<FONT color=#800080>This is one of the dumbest posts I've ever read.</FONT></P>

<FONT color=#800080>Another example of the "instant Gratification" society we now live in.</FONT></P>

<FONT color=#800080>Tell Randy Moss and Jerry Rice and Brandon Jacobs and John Elway and Bernie Kosar and Mike Haynes and Tom Brady and Ozzie Newsome and **** Butkus and Corey Webster and Phil Simms and Fred Bilitnekoff and Marcus Allen and John Riggins and Demarcus Ware and Mark Bavaro and Albert Haynesworth and Justin Tuck that there contributions, stats and records will no longer be recognized because there was a time they had never played a down in the league!</FONT></P>

<FONT color=#800080>What an Anti-Einstein!!!!!!!</FONT></P>

listenup
04-27-2009, 07:41 PM
Alot has changed we picked up solid players in FA &amp; our draft looks pretty good too.Just cause u may not be aware of the rookies skills don't doubt them.JR &amp; the org know what their doing have faith.

PS...Alot of the experts said we had a very good draft for where we were picking.

listenup
04-27-2009, 07:44 PM

<FONT color=#800080>There was a time when every player in the NFL had not played a down in the league. That includes all the stars obviously.</FONT></P>

<FONT color=#800080>This is one of the dumbest posts I've ever read.</FONT></P>

<FONT color=#800080>Another example of the "instant Gratification" society we now live in.</FONT></P>

<FONT color=#800080>Tell Randy Moss and Jerry Rice and Brandon Jacobs and John Elway and Bernie Kosar and Mike Haynes and Tom Brady and Ozzie Newsome and **** Butkus and Corey Webster and Phil Simms and Fred Bilitnekoff and Marcus Allen and John Riggins and Demarcus Ware and Mark Bavaro and Albert Haynesworth and Justin Tuck that there contributions, stats and records will no longer be recognized because there was a time they had never played a down in the league!</FONT></P>

<FONT color=#800080>What an Anti-Einstein!!!!!!!</FONT></P>LOL... OWNED!!

derekunion28
04-27-2009, 07:49 PM
yes agree all thos guys havent played a down butt the % of guys that walk in after college and play and contribute is slim to none if you count the numbers with guys coming outa college and guys that play that next year in pros

BJacobs27
04-27-2009, 07:50 PM
*yes agree all thos guys havent played a down butt the % of guys that walk in after college and play and contribute is slim to none if you count the numbers with guys coming outa college and guys that play that next year in pros

How can you say that? Ross, Phillips as our last #1 picks under Reese all came in and contributed.

EliBGold
04-27-2009, 07:52 PM
yes agree all thos guys havent played a down butt the % of guys that walk in after college and play and contribute is slim to none if you count the numbers with guys coming outa college and guys that play that next year in pros</P>

Just not true about #1 draft picks. Of course it happens, but slim to none is such an overstatment of facts. WR is a position that players struggle to make the transition, but plenty of players drafted day 1 make a significnat impact right away. You don't have to be a probowler to make an impact.</P>

derekunion28
again u talking defense i should what i was mostly talking about was wrs and offense

FBomb

Ok.......first of all........it was the draft. Meaning EVERY player drafted by every teamhasn't played a "pro down". Rookies contribute all the time........sometimes they even help win Superbowls. (see Steve Smith). I don't know if this crop of rookies will, but that's why I'm not being paid to make these decisions. The smartest thing you've said in this post (though quite badly)is "i em no pro coach scoutor analyst". Try and remember that before making blanket statements. You don't know anything.</P>

derekunion28
04-27-2009, 07:53 PM
i was aiming at all the talk about offense ,wrs, and guys coming in after college. not defense

BJacobs27
04-27-2009, 07:54 PM
i was aiming at all the talk about offense ,wrs*, and guys coming in after college. not defense

So Boss and Smith had NOTHING to do with us winning the SB?

knobhead
04-27-2009, 07:55 PM

Ok.......first of all........it was the draft. Meaning EVERY player drafted by every teamhasn't played a "pro down". Rookies contribute all the time........sometimes they even help win Superbowls. (see Steve Smith). I don't know if this crop of rookies will, but that's why I'm not being paid to make these decisions. The smartest thing you've said in this post (though quite badly)is "i em no pro coach scoutor analyst". Try and remember that before making blanket statements. You don't know anything.</P>wow your so cool

BJacobs27
04-27-2009, 07:56 PM
i was aiming at all the talk about offense ,wrs*, and guys coming in after college. not defense

Look at last years draft in the first round. EVERY offensive skill position had an immediate impact on their team.

FBomb
04-27-2009, 07:58 PM

Ok.......first of all........it was the draft. Meaning EVERY player drafted by every teamhasn't played a "pro down". Rookies contribute all the time........sometimes they even help win Superbowls. (see Steve Smith). I don't know if this crop of rookies will, but that's why I'm not being paid to make these decisions. The smartest thing you've said in this post (though quite badly)is "i em no pro coach scoutor analyst". Try and remember that before making blanket statements. You don't know anything.</P>

wow your so cool</P>

And I bet the other 4th graders think your hysterical.</P>

knobhead
04-27-2009, 08:00 PM

wow your so cool</P>

And I bet the other 4th graders think your hysterical.</P>so again how long you worked for the giants scouting staff?

RoanokeFan
04-27-2009, 08:01 PM
Nothing has changed in my eyes. Anyone else, we are the same team now ,them before the draft, .. Not one rookie has played a pro down, and the chance they contribute in next season, is slim to none, It takes time for guys to learn and change to pro speed and strength from college.I think we have potential in future years, butt as of now i dont think so., remeber we have room for only so many also. Though i em no pro coach scout or analyst its just my humble view of it all. It just seems weird how many people aregetting so hyped up, over some college players that we have no idea how they will transition into the pros. anyone else feel this way.

The only fact you have here is that none of the rookies have played a pro down. Where did Smith, Manningham, Moss, Hixon Boss, Vickers, and Darcy Johnson go?

How about we give the professionals who do this for a living some time to put the final 53 on the field in September?

RoanokeFan
04-27-2009, 08:02 PM
Nothing has changed in my eyes. Anyone else, we are the same team now ,them before the draft, .. Not one rookie has played a pro down, and the chance they contribute in next season, is slim to none, It takes time for guys to learn and change to pro speed and strength from college.I think we have potential in future years, butt as of now i dont think so., remeber we have room for only so many also. Though i em no pro coach scout or analyst its just my humble view of it all. It just seems weird how many people aregetting so hyped up, over some college players that we have no idea how they will transition into the pros. anyone else feel this way.</p>

Ok.......first of all........it was the draft. Meaning EVERY player drafted by every teamhasn't played a "pro down". Rookies contribute all the time........sometimes they even help win Superbowls. (see Steve Smith). I don't know if this crop of rookies will, but that's why I'm not being paid to make these decisions. The smartest thing you've said in this post (though quite badly)is "i em no pro coach scoutor analyst". Try and remember that before making blanket statements. You don't know anything.</p>

wow your so cool</p>

And I bet the other 4th graders think your hysterical.</p>so again how long you worked for the giants scouting staff?

Now there is the classic pot and kettle example

knobhead
04-27-2009, 08:05 PM
Just askin this seems to be how every body treats anybody on here who doesnt argee with their opinion.

FBomb
04-27-2009, 08:06 PM

wow your so cool</P>

And I bet the other 4th graders think your hysterical.</P>

so again how long you worked for the giants scouting staff?</P>

You may want to pay a little more attention in your remedial reading classes. Your comprehension sucks. Go find an adult to read my original post to you so you can understand exactly where I addressed that exact question.</P>

I wait with great anticipation your next brilliant post.</P>

FBomb
04-27-2009, 08:07 PM
Just askin this seems to be how every body treats anybody on here who doesnt argee with their opinion.</P>

Nope...........just the dumb ones.</P>

knobhead
04-27-2009, 08:09 PM
Just askin this seems to be how every body treats anybody on here who doesnt argee with their opinion.</P>

Nope...........just the dumb ones.</P>thats the class i was looking for

FBomb
04-27-2009, 08:11 PM

The only fact you have here is that none of the rookies have played a pro down. Where did Smith, Manningham, Moss, Hixon Boss, Vickers, and Darcy Johnson go?

How about we give the professionals who do this for a living some time to put the final 53 on the field in September?
</P>

Because that would be the SMART thing to do. I don't believe these two have ever known what the "smart thing" is.</P>

RoanokeFan
04-27-2009, 08:11 PM
Just askin this seems to be how every body treats anybody on here who doesnt argee with their opinion.

I truly dislike a lot of the name calling we see here but when you post something that you KNOW is going to get people's negative attention you need to stand there and take it...or stop doing it.

Most of us are FANS of the GIANTS. Players come and go and while we can and do get attached to some players, it's the team that matters above all. You are calling the TEAM into question which is your right, but hardly a brilliant strategy unless you just want to stir the pot.

FBomb
04-27-2009, 08:12 PM

thats the class i was looking for</P>

Yeah............sometimes dumbing things down is a necessary evil.</P>

knobhead
04-27-2009, 08:14 PM

Yeah............sometimes dumbing things down is a necessary evil.</P>you seem good at it u practice much

knobhead
04-27-2009, 08:16 PM

I truly dislike a lot of the name calling we see here but when you post something that you KNOW is going to get people's negative attention you need to stand there and take it...or stop doing it.

Most of us are FANS of the GIANTS. Players come and go and while we can and do get attached to some players, it's the team that matters above all. You are calling the TEAM into question which is your right, but hardly a brilliant strategy unless you just want to stir the pot.
i agree

FBomb
04-27-2009, 08:18 PM

Yeah............sometimes dumbing things down is a necessary evil.</P>

you seem good at it u practice much</P>

Well, there are a lot of idiots on the board at any given time. Can't be afraid to stoop sothat they understand what thier role on the board is.</P>

FBomb
04-27-2009, 08:19 PM

i agree</P>

You agree that you're only here to stir the pot?</P>

Gman4lyfe
i disagree....we are not rebuilding...everything that we do is for NOW...Nicks wasn't the highest ranking wr in the draft, but according to Kiper and McShay, he is the most pro ready...he has great hands and is a skilled route runner with decent speed and blocks fairly well...problem is he's a #2 right now and we're still without a number one...it's become more feasible to see Smith go, along with Beatty (ot) to the browns for Edwards...they drafted 2 wideouts and he would be the 3rd down threat they need, although taking ours away..but we may have picked threat up in Brown (rb) or it may exist in Manningham... Barden will contribute this year, to what extent i won't speculate, but i think he'll get his time to shine

DavenIII
mostly agree with the OP.

Rookies rarely contribute much their first years in the NFL, yeah I know we had a couple good years there in a row where they did, it is impossible for that to ALWAYS happen, I think it's unlikely that any of our draft picks this year will contribute a significant amount "This" year.

I hope I'm wrong though, because we need someone to step into the #1 WR spot ASAP.

knobhead
04-27-2009, 08:20 PM

i agree</P>

You agree that you're only here to stir the pot?</P>no but i think thats what you were doing

FBomb
04-27-2009, 08:22 PM

Rookies rarely contribute much their first years in the NFL, yeah I know we had a couple good years there in a row where they did, it is impossible for that to ALWAYS happen, I think it's unlikely that any of our draft picks this year will contribute a significant amount "This" year.

I hope I'm wrong though, because we need someone to step into the #1 WR spot ASAP.
</P>

Sorry Bro, but rookies contribute all the time. Making a blanket statement that THESE picks won't contribute is very short sighted. Adopting a wait and see attitude makes more sense. Reese certainly has earned the benefit of the doubt.</P>

FBomb
04-27-2009, 08:23 PM

i agree</P>

no but i think thats what you were doing
</P>

No, stirring the pot means stating something to get a rise out of others. I completely disagreed with the OP and stated why. The only thing you've done is take offense to being told you're wrong.</P>

lawl
04-27-2009, 08:24 PM

</p>

Sorry Bro, but <font size="4">rookies contribute all the time</font>. Making a blanket statement that THESE picks won't contribute is very short sighted. Adopting a wait and see attitude makes more sense. Reese certainly has earned the benefit of the doubt.</p>

rookie WRs not so much, though.

knobhead
04-27-2009, 08:27 PM

i agree</P>

</P>

No, stirring the pot means stating something to get a rise out of others. I completely disagreed with the OP and stated why. The only thing you've done is take offense to being told you're wrong.</P>kinda sounded like you were pickin on the op,thats what bothers me hes allowed his own opinion .it seemed to me you were trashing him for it.if im wrong then i apologize.

DavenIII

</p>

Sorry Bro, but rookies contribute all the time. Making a blanket statement that THESE picks won't contribute is very short sighted. Adopting a wait and see attitude makes more sense. Reese certainly has earned the benefit of the doubt.</p>

Lawl already got this for me, but Rookie WR's in particular don't.

especially not as a #1 type WR, occasionally one jumps into the Slot and has a decent year, but it is incredibly rare for a rookie WR to step up and be a #1.

and IMHO Hixon is not a #1, and noone else is even close to it on our team.

RoanokeFan

</p>

Because that would be the SMART thing to do. I don't believe these two have ever known what the "smart thing" is.</p>

It's always baffling when you get one post like this but two in a row make me think in-breeding is alive and well!!

FBomb
04-27-2009, 08:28 PM

</P>

Sorry Bro, but <FONT size=4>rookies contribute all the time</FONT>. Making a blanket statement that THESE picks won't contribute is very short sighted. Adopting a wait and see attitude makes more sense. Reese certainly has earned the benefit of the doubt.</P>

</P>

But it DOES happen, and has even happened for us before. Making a blanket statement that this crop of WR won't is asinine. We just don't know.</P>

mainegiantsfan
04-27-2009, 08:29 PM

Very good points. I don't like the negative statements. This time I think it spurs from not liking the way we drafted. The draft is over and I put trust in our FO. Time to look ahead and see how these new pieces will impact our team.

FBomb
04-27-2009, 08:30 PM

i agree</P>

</P>

No, stirring the pot means stating something to get a rise out of others. I completely disagreed with the OP and stated why. The only thing you've done is take offense to being told you're wrong.</P>

kinda sounded like you were pickin on the op,thats what bothers me hes allowed his own opinion .it seemed to me you were trashing him for it.if im wrong then i apologize.</P>

Which is why I invited you to re-read my original post. </P>

FBomb
04-27-2009, 08:33 PM

</P>

Sorry Bro, but rookies contribute all the time. Making a blanket statement that THESE picks won't contribute is very short sighted. Adopting a wait and see attitude makes more sense. Reese certainly has earned the benefit of the doubt.</P>

especially not as a #1 type WR, occasionally one jumps into the Slot and has a decent year, but it is incredibly rare for a rookie WR to step up and be a #1.

</P>

Totally agree. Hixon is NOT a #1, and no one we have is. I was on the Edwards train since it left the station, but I'm not so egotistical to think I know better than JR. He deserves the benefit of the doubt. So I will wait and see and NOT throw out blanket statements regarding our draft picks.</P>

DavenIII
04-27-2009, 08:34 PM
But it DOES happen, and has even happened for us before.
</p>

I went back for 10 years F-Bomb, the kind of production we need (IMHO is 1000 Yards type guy) they have been 1/100.

so yeah, there is a 1% chance it could happen, he'll lets assume JR is god and there is a 5% chance it could happen, hell say 10%!

It's still VERY risky, if you look around these forums you'd think Nicks had already played in the NFL for 5 season and had 1000 yards each one.

people are taking the term "NFL Ready" WAY too far... he's still got A LOT to learn.

lawl
04-27-2009, 08:36 PM

</p>

Sorry Bro, but <font size="4">rookies contribute all the time</font>. Making a blanket statement that THESE picks won't contribute is very short sighted. Adopting a wait and see attitude makes more sense. Reese certainly has earned the benefit of the doubt.</p>

</p>

But it DOES happen, and has even happened for us before. Making a blanket statement that this crop of WR won't is asinine. We just don't know.</p>

You're right in saying we don't know, but if the history of the WRs taken since '05 is any indicator of what will happen, then odds are they won't be anything overly special this year.

EliBGold
04-27-2009, 08:36 PM

</P>

</P>

Totally agree. Hixon is NOT a #1, and no one we have is. I was on the Edwards train since it left the station, but I'm not so egotistical to think I know better than JR. He deserves the benefit of the doubt. So I will wait and see and NOT throw out blanket statements regarding our draft picks.</P>

</P>

Question is, will any of the current receivers be #1s in the next few years? I say yes. Who says they need to be stars this year? I think the Giants have enough to win now, but they are a young team and should be building for the future, not signing a WR with a history of drops to a 10 million/year deal that will limit them in the future.</P>

FBomb
04-27-2009, 08:37 PM
</P>

I went back for 10 years F-Bomb, the kind of production we need (IMHO is 1000 Yards type guy) they have been 1/100.

so yeah, there is a 1% chance it could happen, he'll lets assume JR is god and there is a 5% chance it could happen, hell say 10%!

It's still VERY risky, if you look around these forums you'd think Nicks had already played in the NFL for 5 season and had 1000 yards each one.

people are taking the term "NFL Ready" WAY too far... he's still got A LOT to learn.
</P>

I don't agree with blanket statements on EITHER side of this arguement. I am officially in "wait and see" mode. </P>

DavenIII
04-27-2009, 08:38 PM
He deserves the benefit of the doubt.
</p>

I'll look at the history of Rookie WR's in the NFL as opposed to just "Trusting" someone is a genius.

he's had 2 great drafts in a row, and I think this one is good too.

but there is a difference between <u>drafting Steve Smith and having him produce in the slot, or Aaron Ross and have him be a suitable DB the first year, and having Phillips swap in and out with butler and johnson, or finding someone like Boss who can handle himself well in a tight spot in the playoffs taking over for Shockey.</u>...and finding the guy who will replace Plaxico Burress for a game by game dominating presence that requires double teams....his rookie season.

lawl
04-27-2009, 08:39 PM
</p>

</p>

I don't agree with blanket statements on EITHER side of this arguement. I am officially in "wait and see" mode. </p>

how is it a blanket statement? the odds(as history has shown) are these guys won't do all that much this year.

FBomb
04-27-2009, 08:40 PM

</P>

</P>

</P>

Question is, will any of the current receivers be #1s in the next few years? I say yes. Who says they need to be stars this year? I think the Giants have enough to win now, but they are a young team and should be building for the future, not signing a WR with a history of drops to a 10 million/year deal that will limit them in the future.</P>

</P>

Based on last year, I disagree that we have what it takes already. Maybe on defense, but we lack a #1. But, instead of writing this year off, I'm hoping Nicks can step in, but I just don't know.</P>

FBomb
04-27-2009, 08:42 PM
</P>

</P>

I don't agree with blanket statements on EITHER side of this arguement. I am officially in "wait and see" mode. </P>

how is it a blanket statement? the odds(as history has shown) are these guys won't do all that much this year.

</P>

The OP is saying that thi crop of WR will NOT contribute. I'm saying THAT is a blanket statement. Steve Smith and Kevin Boss were HUGE in our SB year. No one here knows anything more, and to claim so is stupid.</P>

DavenIII
04-27-2009, 08:42 PM
Based on last year, I disagree that we have what it takes already. Maybe on defense, but we lack a #1. But, instead of writing this year off, I'm hoping Nicks can step in, but I just don't know.</p>

I'm with you 100% on this, I never give up on them, hell who thought we'd beat the Pats going into that game, noone but us fans right?

but to be realistic, I think there is max a 5-10% chance Nicks can be a number 1 his rookie season.

but, here is to him being the next Colston or Boldin, it does happen once every few years out of ALL the WR's drafted.

FBomb
04-27-2009, 08:44 PM
Based on last year, I disagree that we have what it takes already. Maybe on defense, but we lack a #1. But, instead of writing this year off, I'm hoping Nicks can step in, but I just don't know.</P>

I'm with you 100% on this, I never give up on them, hell who thought we'd beat the Pats going into that game, noone but us fans right?

but to be realistic, I think there is max a 5-10% chance Nicks can be a number 1 his rookie season.

but, here is to him being the next Colston or Boldin, it does happen once every few years out of ALL the WR's drafted.
</P>

This has been my point entirely.</P>

RoanokeFan
04-27-2009, 08:45 PM
</p>

Being a run first team has more to do with a 1,000 yard receiver than talent does.

DavenIII
04-27-2009, 08:46 PM
The OP is saying that thi crop of WR will NOT contribute. I'm saying THAT is a blanket statement. Steve Smith and Kevin Boss were HUGE in our SB year. No one here knows anything more, and to claim so is stupid.</p>

But based on Rookie WR history you can make a good educated guess, as opposed to just jumping out there and saying it will work because "You want it to"

and there is a big difference between a rookie working in the Slot, or filling in as starting TE for the playoffs and being the number one threat in the offensive passing game.

TE's can be protected by playcalling so can Slot receivers if you have a guy like Plax.

Nicks is going to have to be the guy protecting other players by drawing the double coverage, he's going to have to be the #1 threat his rookie season...that's a whole different ballgame.

FBomb
04-27-2009, 08:51 PM
The OP is saying that thi crop of WR will NOT contribute. I'm saying THAT is a blanket statement. Steve Smith and Kevin Boss were HUGE in our SB year. No one here knows anything more, and to claim so is stupid.</P>

But based on Rookie WR history you can make a good educated guess, as opposed to just jumping out there and saying it will work because "You want it to"

and there is a big difference between a rookie working in the Slot, or filling in as starting TE for the playoffs and being the number one threat in the offensive passing game.

TE's can be protected by playcalling so can Slot receivers if you have a guy like Plax.

Nicks is going to have to be the guy protecting other players by drawing the double coverage, he's going to have to be the #1 threat his rookie season...that's a whole different ballgame.
</P>

Agreed, but the OP wasn't making an "educated" anything. He was saying that none of our offensive draft picks will contribute. That NOTHING has changed.Far from educated.</P>

EliBGold
04-27-2009, 08:52 PM

</P>

</P>

</P>

</P>

</P>

I think it will be interesting to see. As has been said before on this board, it is very different ot lose a star player mid season, than to be prepared for life without him going into the next year. I don't think it is impossibel for the Giant's to win with what they have. Are they the clear favorite, no. With an unquestioned #1 WR, I think they would have to be. There's a chance one of the young fellas steps up to fill the role, but more likely the Giant's will need to find another way to win next year. I don't think the last several games accurately represent what will happen this year.</P>

gonyg322
04-27-2009, 08:53 PM
Nothing has changed in my eyes. Anyone* else, we are the same team now ,them before the draft, .. Not one rookie has played a pro down, and the chance they contribute in next season, is slim to none, It takes time for guys to learn and change to pro speed and strength from college.**I think we have potential* in future years, butt* as of now i dont think so., remeber we have room for only so many also. Though i em no pro coach scout or analyst its just my humble view of it all. It just seems weird how many people are*getting so hyped up, over some college players that we have no idea how they will transition into the pros. anyone else feel this way.

"Not one rookie has played a pro down"

Yeah i wish JR wasn't so stupid and he drafted the rookies that have played pro downs....

FBomb
04-27-2009, 08:55 PM

</P>

</P>

</P>

</P>

</P>

I think it will be interesting to see. As has been said before on this board, it is very different ot lose a star player mid season, than to be prepared for life without him going into the next year. I don't think it is impossibel for the Giant's to win with what they have. Are they the clear favorite, no. With an unquestioned #1 WR, I think they would have to be. There's a chance one of the young fellas steps up to fill the role, but more likely the Giant's will need to find another way to win next year. I don't think the last several games accurately represent what will happen this year.</P>

</P>

I agree, but we ARE going to adjust the passing game to fit what we have. Something we failed at last season. Hopefully Nicks is a part of that adjusting.</P>

FBomb
04-27-2009, 08:55 PM
Nothing has changed in my eyes. Anyone else, we are the same team now ,them before the draft, .. Not one rookie has played a pro down, and the chance they contribute in next season, is slim to none, It takes time for guys to learn and change to pro speed and strength from college.I think we have potential in future years, butt as of now i dont think so., remeber we have room for only so many also. Though i em no pro coach scout or analyst its just my humble view of it all. It just seems weird how many people aregetting so hyped up, over some college players that we have no idea how they will transition into the pros. anyone else feel this way. "Not one rookie has played a pro down" Yeah i wish JR wasn't so stupid and he drafted the rookies that have played pro downs....</P>

LOL..........That was my favoritr line from his post.</P>

EliBGold
04-27-2009, 08:58 PM

</P>

</P>

</P>

</P>

</P>

</P>

I agree, but we ARE going to adjust the [assing game to fit what we have. Something we failed at last season.</P>

</P>

hahaha the assing game...sorry, I'm just immature.</P>

FBomb
04-27-2009, 09:01 PM

</P>

</P>

</P>

</P>

</P>

</P>

</P>

I agree, but we ARE going to adjust the [assing game to fit what we have. Something we failed at last season.</P>

</P>

hahaha the assing game...sorry, I'm just immature.</P>

</P>

lol...........I'm a HUGE fan of the assing game.</P>

derekunion28
04-27-2009, 09:02 PM
my whole point was people ACT as if they had played a pro down.. guess around here people cant have a opinion. then if other disagree they have to belittle and name call .. no wonder people get scared of posting or reading stuff around here..

listenup
04-27-2009, 09:02 PM
Nothing has changed in my eyes. Anyone else, we are the same team now ,them before the draft, .. Not one rookie has played a pro down, and the chance they contribute in next season, is slim to none, It takes time for guys to learn and change to pro speed and strength from college.I think we have potential in future years, butt as of now i dont think so., remeber we have room for only so many also. Though i em no pro coach scout or analyst its just my humble view of it all. It just seems weird how many people aregetting so hyped up, over some college players that we have no idea how they will transition into the pros. anyone else feel this way. "Not one rookie has played a pro down" Yeah i wish JR wasn't so stupid and he drafted the rookies that have played pro downs....LMFAO

FBomb
04-27-2009, 09:04 PM
my whole point was people ACT as if they had played a pro down.. guess around here people cant have a opinion. then if other disagree they have to belittle and name call .. no wonder people get scared of posting or reading stuff around here..</P>

Scared is a good way to post. It makes most people think before posting.</P>

If that is what you meant, then that's what you should have said. We can only judge you by the posts you make...........your original post was pretty lame.........just sayin.</P>

knobhead
04-27-2009, 09:05 PM
my whole point was people ACT as if they had played a pro down.. guess around here people cant have a opinion. then if other disagree they have to belittle and name call .. no wonder people get scared of posting or reading stuff around here.. i fear spiders snakes and the irs