PDA

View Full Version : Our D leader is Antel Rolle

Tony Bruno
12-29-2011, 02:21 PM
Reagrdless of if we like to think so or not this guy is the leader on D... He has the most passion to win and he calls the players out... While Im not saying he hasnt messed up but I think he gets the team fired up more than anyone else... This guy wants to win and you can tell...

Newman80
12-29-2011, 02:25 PM
I think Brandon Jacabs Fires the team up the most with his dancing on the star and starting fights Even Chris Collinsworth thinks itsBJand he hates the Giants. On D it got to be JPP he is a monster and Ithink he make s the other guys play better.

Tony Bruno
12-29-2011, 02:30 PM
I think Brandon Jacabs Fires the team up the most with his dancing on the star and starting fights Even Chris Collinsworth thinks its*BJ*and he hates the Giants.** On D it got to be JPP he is a monster and I*think he make s the other guys play better.

I think Rolle is the vocal leader where JPP is by example...

Jacobs gets fired up but I dont think he makes much of a splash on his side of the ball...

I think this team really misses a Strahan type guy though... He and Toomer were classy leaders...

G-Man67
12-29-2011, 02:31 PM
no way, Tuck is the leader off the field

and Boley on the field

dezzzR
12-29-2011, 02:45 PM
I dont think Rolle makes enough plays to be a leader. Not that you have to be the best on the team, but you need to be able to lead by example imo and I dont think Rolle has done that this season.

Giantsin04
12-29-2011, 02:46 PM
Nope.

Antrel Rolle is a hired gun that runs his mouth. When Justin Tuck put on his big boy pants last weekend, the entire defense followed suit. That tells all you need to know about who the leader and captain is. .

ELIistheFRANCHISE
12-29-2011, 02:52 PM
I dont think Rolle makes enough plays to be a leader. Not that you have to be the best on the team, but you need to be able to lead by example imo and I dont think Rolle has done that this season.

I agree, but I dont believe he knew was going to he close to the line playing this hybrid CB. Let Rolle play the role he was supposed to play when he first signed on and then lets judge him on that, I give him his due bc the role he is playing is NOT what he should be playing. But hey its the name of the game.

Tony Bruno
12-29-2011, 03:12 PM
Man Rolle wants to win every game and you can see and hear the fire in him.. A leader of a team downt say "I dont know' A leader of a team doesnt decide to play one week and not others...

Ill agree Boley is amoung the top but at the end of the day Rolle has been out of his natural position where Tuck and these other guys have not.... Tuck has been o this team how long??? If he isnt penciled the absolute leader at this point he isnt the leader of our team...

Put Rolle back at saftey or the LOS and he would be way better... I mean he played corner for a game... Thats a guy who will take the opeertunity and try his best to play and win...

Tony Bruno
12-29-2011, 03:13 PM
Nope.

Antrel Rolle is a hired gun that runs his mouth. When Justin Tuck put on his big boy pants last weekend, the entire defense followed suit. That tells all you need to know about who the leader and captain is. .

"When JT puts his on his big boy pants" that statement right there proves he isnt the leader... A leader keeps them pants on!!!

Tony Bruno
12-29-2011, 03:14 PM

and Boley on the field

Ill agree about Boley though... He is really our AP (IMO)

Gianthunter
12-29-2011, 03:15 PM
He's going to be super pissed you misspelled his name.

Tony Bruno
12-29-2011, 03:16 PM
He's going to be super pissed you misspelled his name.

LOL... Man I love typing on my iPad (when I post here) it correctsmy spellings (although Antrel wouldnt get fixed) My bad!!!

jakegibbs
12-29-2011, 03:19 PM
Reagrdless of if we like to think so or not this guy is the leader on D... He has the most passion to win and he calls the players out... While Im not saying he hasnt messed up but I think he gets the team fired up more than anyone else... This guy wants to win and you can tell...

I thought Justin Tuck was the defensive captain? When did that change? Did TC make Rolles DC?

Tony Bruno
12-29-2011, 03:20 PM

I thought Justin Tuck was the defensive captain? When did that change? Did TC make Rolles DC?

Oh I see the "C" makes them the leader now my bad!!!

Gianthunter
12-29-2011, 03:29 PM
He's going to be super pissed you misspelled his name. LOL... Man I love typing on my iPad (when I post here) it correctsmy spellings (although Antrel wouldnt get fixed) My bad!!![:D]

dave56dj
12-29-2011, 03:37 PM
You do realize when you say he makes the calls you are completely wrong right? Boley makes the calls and grant/ Phillips line up the secondary. Rolle may talk a lot and call players out but that doesnt mean he is a leader- tuck doesn't take
Games off he is hurt but when you watch that huddle
Get fired up the guy who is generally talking is tuck and or grant. I like that Rolle has fire but more times then not he has
his foot in his mouth.

Ruttiger711
12-29-2011, 03:39 PM

and Boley on the field

Ill agree about Boley though... He is really our AP (IMO)</p>

</p>

2 guys I always see running out to congratulate the offense after a score are Boley and Rolle... dont know if makes them leaders but i like it.
</p>

</p>

</p>

Buckeroo
12-29-2011, 03:43 PM
nice.....Leader of the NFL's 28th ranked defense....just sayin'....</P>

just having some fun.....</P>

Really though these guys need to step up and step up huge. If they dont then the offense will have to score 30 or more again....</P>

</P>

Tony Bruno
12-29-2011, 03:44 PM
nice.....Leader of the NFL's 28th ranked defense....just sayin'....</P>

just having some fun.....</P>

Really though these guys need to step up and step up huge. If they dont then the offense will have to score 30 or more again....</P>

*</P>

+1

Tony Bruno
12-29-2011, 03:44 PM

and Boley on the field

Ill agree about Boley though... He is really our AP (IMO)</p>

</p>

2 guys I always see running out to congratulate the offense after a score are Boley and Rolle... dont know if makes them leaders but i like it.*
</p>

</p>

</p>

+1

gmen46
12-29-2011, 04:41 PM
In my opinion, there are several team leaders, and they serve different functions.

I personally don't think there's any question that Rolle is one of the leaders, regardless of what he says or doesn't say to the press. He definitely brings fire and intensity to the team and to the defense. And, as someone above pointed out, he has played several different positions since he's been here--whatever is asked of him. Whether he plays each position at the highest level, in every single game, is not really relevant to his leadership skills.

Webster, as the quiet veteran who sets the tone of the secondary on and off the field, is a leader on this team that many fans overlook, probably because he's not a big mouth in public.

Tuck is one of the leaders, whether the fans think so, or not, and whether HE thinks so, or not. The fact that he's recently turned around his slight depression this year--a result of his accumulated persistent injuries--in time for the Jets game, plus the fact defense played their best game of the season when Tuck played HIS best game of the season, says more about the impact of his leadership than not.

JPP is still young enough that he no doubt doesn't think of himself as a team leader, but that will change by next year as he notices how his style of play affects the entire defense, and how the veterans will start subconsciously looking to HIM as one of the leaders.

Jacobs brings high intensity, passion and fire to the offense, which definitely helps the offense, but I don't necessarily see him as a true leader.

Bradshaw provides inspiration and passion every time he's on the field, but he's not a leader. He is definitely a team catalyst, and brings what is know in the world of theater as the "fifth element". The spark of the offense, but not the one who starts and controls the fire.

The same can be said of Nicks and Cruz, to some degree.

We lost true OL leaders when we lost O'Hara and Seubert. Snee, maybe could be seen as a leader of the OL, not sure.

And, of course, so many tend to overlook Eli as THE team leader. If he's not considered to be the overall leader--by the players AND the fans--after how he has literally carried the team this year, then I don't know what people mean by the word "leader". Not the same definition that I go by, obviously.

Tony Bruno
12-29-2011, 05:52 PM
In my opinion, there are several team leaders, and they serve different functions.

I personally don't think there's any question that Rolle is one of the leaders, regardless of what he says or doesn't say to the press. He definitely brings fire and intensity to the team and to the defense. And, as someone above pointed out, he has played several different positions since he's been here--whatever is asked of him. Whether he plays each position at the highest level, in every single game, is not really relevant to his leadership skills.

Webster, as the quiet veteran who sets the tone of the secondary on and off the field, is a leader on this team that many fans overlook, probably because he's not a big mouth in public.

Tuck is one of the leaders, whether the fans think so, or not, and whether HE thinks so, or not. The fact that he's recently turned around his slight depression this year--a result of his accumulated persistent injuries--in time for the Jets game, plus the fact defense played their best game of the season when Tuck played HIS best game of the season, says more about the impact of his leadership than not.

JPP is still young enough that he no doubt doesn't think of himself as a team leader, but that will change by next year as he notices how his style of play affects the entire defense, and how the veterans will start subconsciously looking to HIM as one of the leaders.

Jacobs brings high intensity, passion and fire to the offense, which definitely helps the offense, but I don't necessarily see him as a true leader.

Bradshaw provides inspiration and passion every time he's on the field, but he's not a leader. He is definitely a team catalyst, and brings what is know in the world of theater as the "fifth element". The spark of the offense, but not the one who starts and controls the fire.

We lost true OL leaders when we lost O'Hara and Seubert. Snee, maybe could be seen as a leader of the OL, not sure.

And, of course, so many tend to overlook Eli as THE team leader. If he's not considered to be the overall leader--by the players AND the fans--after how he has literally carried the team this year, then I don't know what people mean by the word "leader". Not the same definition that I go by, obviously.

+1

Tony Bruno

+1

Tony Bruno

+1

jomo
12-29-2011, 05:54 PM
Reagrdless of if we like to think so or not this guy is the leader on D... He has the most passion to win and he calls the players out... While Im not saying he hasnt messed up but I think he gets the team fired up more than anyone else... This guy wants to win and you can tell...Remember the good ole days when Parcells could rely on guys like George Martin and Harry Carson and PhilSimmsto lead? Brings a tear to my eye.

netplus
12-29-2011, 07:37 PM
Our D doesn't need a leader, it needs more talent. I'll take a talented quiet guy over a big mouth missed tackling machine anytime.

Tony Bruno
12-29-2011, 08:34 PM
Our D doesn't need a leader, it needs more talent.* I'll take a talented quiet guy over a big mouth missed tackling machine anytime.

Regardless of what you think about Rolle is is one of the best players on that team... If all our players wanted to win as much of him we just might be dangerous!!!

netplus
12-29-2011, 08:48 PM
If you can't tackle and can't cover, wanting to win isn't going to help much. He is a pretty good cheerleader when someone else makes a play though. Give Antrel some pom-poms!</P>

allentown PA
12-29-2011, 08:55 PM

rolle is an *******..cant stand that over rated ****

Tony Bruno
12-29-2011, 10:13 PM
If you can't tackle and can't cover, wanting to win isn't going to help much.* He is a pretty good cheerleader when someone else makes a play though.* Give Antrel some pom-poms!</P>

Get outta here...

Tony Bruno
12-29-2011, 10:13 PM
If you can't tackle and can't cover, wanting to win isn't going to help much.* He is a pretty good cheerleader when someone else makes a play though.* Give Antrel some pom-poms!</P>

Get outta here...

netplus
12-29-2011, 10:26 PM
D leaders make plays. What plays has Antrel made this year?

Tony Bruno
12-30-2011, 11:08 AM
D leaders make plays.* What plays has Antrel made this year?

I think he leads the D in tackles (solo for sure)...

Giantsin04
12-31-2011, 10:51 AM
Nope.

"When JT puts his on his big boy pants" that statement right there proves he isnt the leader... A leader keeps them pants on!!!

No, that statement does not prove he "isnt" the leader. It may prove he isnt the best leader, or strongest leader, but he is the leader and captain none the less. Of the defense at least.

All pro captains that grow up in the organization are going to end up in a postion of leadership.

amdownwitjpp
12-31-2011, 11:44 AM
Rolle is a vocal leader and IMO he has helped #21 I have seen improvement inKP'S game this year but Rolle is the leader of the secondary,as far as the fire I see more fire from Rolle than anyone else on D Jacobs fires the whole team up cuz he plays like a D player as far as contact,JPP plays like a wil fire no doubt but he does so non chalantly,no? though all pros who were bread in the organization grow into leaders so rightfully its Tucks claim however he hasnt been reacting as such otherwise this convo.wouldnt b going on,lets not 4 get that Rolle played at THE U so that may answer his vocal stylr

appodictic
12-31-2011, 11:48 AM
Rolle is a vocal leader and IMO he has helped #21 I have seen improvement inKP'S game this year but Rolle is the leader of the secondary,as far as the fire I see more fire from Rolle than anyone else on D Jacobs fires the whole team up cuz he plays like a D player as far as contact,JPP plays like a wil fire no doubt but he does so non chalantly,no? though all pros who were bread in the organization grow into leaders so rightfully its Tucks claim however he hasnt been reacting as such otherwise this convo.wouldnt b going on,lets not 4 get that Rolle played at THE U so that may answer his vocal stylr

JPP is the leader. Rolle is nothing but the lead **** talker.

amdownwitjpp
12-31-2011, 11:55 AM
I am pretty sure Rolle was an allpro or atleast probowl guy when we signed him,u guys all sem 2 4 get that our supposedly best CB hasnt played 1 game,then this rookie Prince at this point he shouldnt b getti beat the way he is our D-backfield is patched up KP should never b @ free safety Rolle should nevr b nickel CB.Wut about last year when Rolle spied Vick took him almost entirely out of the game,he is versatile ha definetly does not deserve the disrespect from so called Giants fans cuz he feels the need to b vocal and u disagree

amdownwitjpp
12-31-2011, 12:01 PM
JPP leads by example and imo is the best player on d not only on this team but maybe the whole league all the things he has done this season and only started 12 games,besideslast week compare his# of snaps against other sack leaders,not to mention game winning FG blks,absolutely another Peppers maybe even better when its said n done

Sarcasman
12-31-2011, 01:59 PM

Love his passion, love that he's intense and getting in other guy's ears to psyche them up.

However, you invalidate Jacobs as a leader for "not making a splash on his side of the ball" which - for the exact same reason - makes your support of Rolle ludicrous.

It's a fair point to say he playing out of position however playing out of position doesn't inhibit you from making a tackle.

And sure he leads the team in tackles but all having someone in your secondary lead the team in tackles only means your defense sucks big.

In short, a leader needs to lead by example. Rolle currently can not do that. So that makes him a lot of talk and not a lot of walk.

If he gets back into position and starts playing great, then he can talk all he wants. Even if he stayed out of position and simply played better his talk wouldn't ring so hollow.

But right? Talk less and play better.