PDA

View Full Version : Draft Day 3

rtahsin
04-27-2013, 02:44 AM
I think this where scouts and the GM make their money. This is truly finding the diamond in the rough. We seem to be average to slightly below average when concerning these later rounds. Hopefully Jerry Reese and co. will have one of the better day 3s. Regarding that I think these are the few players that Reese might target and hopefully he does:

1) Khaseem Greene - I doubt he'll still be on the board when our pick arrives. Maybe Reese shocks us all and trades up to get him because Greene seems
like the last decent LB on the board before the real digging begins.

2) Alex Okafor - I'm surprised that he's dropped this far even with his injury. We may not need another Dlineman but you can never have too many.

3) Jordan Poyer - The Giants really need to draft another CB to groom. I think Poyer should be the guy. Decent height with decent speed; you don't really get that combo in the later rounds.

4) Brian Schwenke - I think we need to draft a true center and not convert guys into centers. I never really liked Baas, although, to his credit we won the
SB with him. However, he seems to be hurt a lot of the time, not the best in pass protecting, and is on the worse side of 30. Plus,
I think this Schwenke kid really showed his talents at the Senior Bowl.

5) Barret Jones - If not Schwenke then we should go for Jones. I think he'll be available in the 5th or 6th.

I'm sorry if my post is a little incomprehensible; I'm just thinking of all the different ways the Giants could tackle this. Besides I have very limited
knowledge on these things but I wanted to discuss all this with my fellow Giants fans so please be nice if I've said something silly. Oh and the list is in no particular order. Just the guys I thought might be good for us off the top of my head.

Oh yeah, what about Shamarko Thomas? Or do we have too many safeties?

edit - I forgot about David Quessenberry. Mayock really liked this kid so maybe the Giants should look into him.

C1010
04-27-2013, 02:47 AM
I can't believe the amount of talent that is falling. Would be cool to nab Greene and Jones.

gabriel_1
04-27-2013, 02:52 AM
Hmm bro I'm stoked.
I'm not liking those Centers because I think both will go in round 4. What about Kevin Red**** from North Carolina? He is a very solid LB who can do everything. He doesn't extremely excel at one place, but he seems to do everything solid. IMO he can develop in a 3 down starter.

I do like safeties, and someone like Philip Thomas. He is a ball hawk. Highly doubt he will be available at our pick, but I would love to take him.

I guy to look at round 5 IMO is Dion SIms. We seem to like him a bunch since he is probably the best run-blocker TE in the Draft.

I Bleed Blue 56
04-27-2013, 03:00 AM
Hmm bro I'm stoked.
I'm not liking those Centers because I think both will go in round 4. What about Kevin Red**** from North Carolina? He is a very solid LB who can do everything. He doesn't extremely excel at one place, but he seems to do everything solid. IMO he can develop in a 3 down starter.

I do like safeties, and someone like Philip Thomas. He is a ball hawk. Highly doubt he will be available at our pick, but I would love to take him.

I guy to look at round 5 IMO is Dion SIms. We seem to like him a bunch since he is probably the best run-blocker TE in the Draft. I like Sims at round 4 if Greene or a Center is not available.

rtahsin
04-27-2013, 03:02 AM
Hmm bro I'm stoked.

I guy to look at round 5 IMO is Dion SIms. We seem to like him a bunch since he is probably the best run-blocker TE in the Draft.
Philip Thomas might be the better pick over Shamarko Thomas. Never heard of Dion Sims but the Giants love blocking TEs so you might be right.

gabriel_1
04-27-2013, 03:06 AM
Dion Sims from Michigan State check him out. The Giants were high on him at the Combine. And since we got Brando Myers who is a poort blocker SIms make some sense. I think we go LB or CB in the 4th. Sims is kind of a reach there IMO.

slipknottin
04-27-2013, 04:18 AM
My list for day 3

Trevardo Williams (OLB)
Matt Furstenberg (TE)
Alonzo Tweedy (S)
Denard Robinson (WR, KR, PR)

Rat_bastich
04-27-2013, 05:06 AM
I'd like to see:

Cooper Taylor(S) http://www.nfl.com/draft/2013/profiles/cooper-taylor?id=2540317
David Bakhtiari(OT)http://www.nfl.com/draft/2013/profiles/david-bakhtiari?id=2540183
Malliciah Goodman(DE)http://www.nfl.com/draft/2013/profiles/malliciah-goodman?id=2539215
Kevin Red****(ILB)http://www.nfl.com/draft/2013/profiles/kevin-red****?id=2539271

In no particular order. All obviously projects as are all players in the draft.

Captain Chaos
04-27-2013, 07:15 AM
My list for day 3:

Vinston Painter (OT)
Trevardo Williams (OLB)
Nico Johnson (ILB)
Rodney Smith (WR)

Cool Papa B.
04-27-2013, 08:16 AM
This is my favorite day of the draft. You can still find quality in the 4 & 5th rounds, and as mentioned before finding that diamond in the rough in the 6-7 rounds is very possible. Remember Ahmad Bradshaw in 2007- the 250th overall pick.

But it's the couple of hours just after the draft ends that I really like. The frenzy to find guys who weren't drafted to invite them to tryout for the team. Those are the guys who tend to work hard and play with an enormous chip on their shoulders. We found Hynoski a few years ago just this way also.

nycsportzfan
04-27-2013, 08:48 AM
I can't believe the amount of talent that is falling. Would be cool to nab Greene and Jones. Like some of us have preeched, this draft wasen't top heavy, but incredibly deep, and i've said a few times, ur gonna see guys in the 4th-6th range out perform 1st and 2nd rders, as its just so hard to tell whos the best, as there so evenly clumped together.. Seriously , theres even gonna be a great group that don't even get drafted..

Redeyejedi
04-27-2013, 08:56 AM
I think this where scouts and the GM make their money. This is truly finding the diamond in the rough. We seem to be average to slightly below average when concerning these later rounds. Hopefully Jerry Reese and co. will have one of the better day 3s. Regarding that I think these are the few players that Reese might target and hopefully he does:

1) Khaseem Greene - I doubt he'll still be on the board when our pick arrives. Maybe Reese shocks us all and trades up to get him because Greene seems
like the last decent LB on the board before the real digging begins.

2) Alex Okafor - I'm surprised that he's dropped this far even with his injury. We may not need another Dlineman but you can never have too many.

3) Jordan Poyer - The Giants really need to draft another CB to groom. I think Poyer should be the guy. Decent height with decent speed; you don't really get that combo in the later rounds.

4) Brian Schwenke - I think we need to draft a true center and not convert guys into centers. I never really liked Baas, although, to his credit we won the
SB with him. However, he seems to be hurt a lot of the time, not the best in pass protecting, and is on the worse side of 30. Plus,
I think this Schwenke kid really showed his talents at the Senior Bowl.

5) Barret Jones - If not Schwenke then we should go for Jones. I think he'll be available in the 5th or 6th.

I'm sorry if my post is a little incomprehensible; I'm just thinking of all the different ways the Giants could tackle this. Besides I have very limited
knowledge on these things but I wanted to discuss all this with my fellow Giants fans so please be nice if I've said something silly. Oh and the list is in no particular order. Just the guys I thought might be good for us off the top of my head.

Oh yeah, what about Shamarko Thomas? Or do we have too many safeties?

edit - I forgot about David Quessenberry. Mayock really liked this kid so maybe the Giants should look into him.I like him but Poyer is such a dirty player.He is an agitator. I was cutting up a 2014 video for De'Anthony Thomas and every chance the guy gets to take a cheap shot he does it.

Redeyejedi
04-27-2013, 08:59 AM
Khassem Greene I very much doubt gets to us but he would be my top choice. Baccari Rambo and Poyer i would like as well.
What would u guys say if we drafted Matt Barkley

nycsportzfan
04-27-2013, 09:01 AM
My list of hopefuls would go something like this... Forgive me if i forget a couple guys..

Khaseem Greene LB Rutgers

Jordan Poyer CB Oregon St- Love both Greene and Poyer, and both are instinctive players that make plays..

AJ Klein ILB Iowa St

Brandon McGee CB Miami

Nick Kasa TE Colorado- I love Brandon Myers, but another young TE to groom in case Robinson don't pan out isnt a bad idea, and Kasa is still developing, and showing a ton of promise while converting to TE not long ago..

Sean Porter LB Texas A&M

Joseph Randle or Marcus Lattimore RB's- WOw, both these guys would be awesome backups to Wilson going forward..

Gerald Hodges LB Penn St- very underrated

Ty Powell LB Harding- Converted S, is big and strong, can do many diffrent things on a football field, and very versatile

Brian Schwenke C California- Very gritty, strong, and leadership qualtiies..

Terry Hawthorne CB Illinois

Jordan Mills OT Louisiana Tech

Josh Boyce WR TCU- I've been raving about this guy for 2yrs now, and he'd be a wonderful additon to groom in case we lose Cruz or Nicks going forward

Baccari Rambo S Georgia- The most instinctive S in this class, in my opinion. Probably the biggest surprise in my opinion, that is still on board

Trevardo Williams SLB Uconn

Corneilius Washington DE Georgia- Monster untapped upside..

David Quessenberry OT San Jose St- One of most versatile Olineman in draft

Sanders Commings S/CB- Big and versatile, and a player i'm sure is on reeses radar..

Duke Williams S Nevada

Earl Wolff S Nc State- Great leader, and one of my sleepers since wk 1 of last season..

Miguel Maysonet RB Slippery Rock

Connor Vernon WR Duke- All the makings of a reliable possesion reciever, in mold of Austin Collie type..

And believe me, therse a ton more talent, i've barley tipped iceberg..

nycsportzfan
04-27-2013, 09:03 AM
Khassem Greene I very much doubt gets to us but he would be my top choice. Baccari Rambo and Poyer i would like as well.
What would u guys say if we drafted Matt Barkley Nah, no barkley.. Rambo, Poyer, and Greene are all fantastic though. Theres to much talent on board still, its like a overload for me right now..lol

What do u think of Sean Porter, redeye?

Carter.525
04-27-2013, 09:44 AM
I like Greene, Poyer, and Rambo.. would be happy with any of them, but especially Greene

slipknottin
04-27-2013, 10:00 AM
I wonder of Cornelius Washington can stand up and play LB.

Would fit as a SAM + sub package guy

Rat_bastich
04-27-2013, 04:16 PM
I'd like to see:

Cooper Taylor(S) http://www.nfl.com/draft/2013/profiles/cooper-taylor?id=2540317
David Bakhtiari(OT)http://www.nfl.com/draft/2013/profiles/david-bakhtiari?id=2540183
Malliciah Goodman(DE)http://www.nfl.com/draft/2013/profiles/malliciah-goodman?id=2539215
Kevin Red****(ILB)http://www.nfl.com/draft/2013/profiles/kevin-red****?id=2539271

In no particular order. All obviously projects as are all players in the draft.

Wow, I got one. I'm going to play the lottery!

slipknottin
04-27-2013, 04:40 PM

And youll get only one number right, lol

G-Men Surg.
04-27-2013, 04:42 PM
Better chance winning the lotto than getting one Giants pick right !