PDA

View Full Version : NFL DRAFT 2013: Giants Confident They Can Fill Holes at LB, DB In Final Day

RoanokeFan
04-27-2013, 07:50 AM
http://www.nj.com/giants/index.ssf/2013/04/nfl_draft_2013_giants_confiden.html

Excerpt: "After three rounds of the NFL Draft, linebacker and defensive back are still on the Giants’ list of needs. But they are confident there are rookies they can pick up in rounds 4-7 and are certain there will be undrafted free agents that could give them some depth at those spots.

"We’ve got some guys on the board we feel that will be there for us in the next few picks," said Marc Ross, director of college scouting. "Even after the draft or priority free agent signings, we like a lot of guys."
Notre Dame linebacker Manti Te’o came off the board before the Giants picked in the second round, taken at No. 38 by the Chargers. There was a little bit of a run on defensive backs and linebackers before the Giants’ pick at No. 49, with Mississippi State CBs Darius Slay and Johnathan Banks and LSU linebacker Kevin Minter selected in the top half of the second round.

Both of the Giants’ picks yesterday, Johnathan Hankins and Damontre Moore, were defensive linemen.
"That’s what’s presented itself right now," coach Tom Coughlin said. "No, it doesn’t take care of your linebacker issues, it doesn’t take care of your secondary issues, but if we can do a better job of stopping the run, those two areas will be naturally affected in a positive way. We’ve addressed what we can." Read more...

nycsportzfan
04-27-2013, 08:07 AM
Ah, theres a ton of guys left in this draft, that could easily be better then guys gone in RD2.. Its just one of those yrs..

Terry Hawthorne, Micah Hyde, Jordan Poyer, B.W Webb, just for starters at Corner..etc

AJ Klein, Ty Powell, Khaseem Greene, at LB..etc

And tons of prospects at other positons as well.. It'll be a fun last day!

giantscolombia
04-27-2013, 11:09 AM
time to shine Reese

penguinfarmer
04-27-2013, 11:48 AM
Pool for CB is drying up. Better value may be at safety. Phillip Thomas, Tony Jefferson or Bacarri Rambo would be fine with me.

Thomas Jefferson Rambo, helping found new countries, then burning them to the fk.in' ground.

BlessedinBlue22
04-27-2013, 12:16 PM
I f Greene, Poyer or Rambo are there and he selects a WR or TE, unless it's Dion Sims, this draft was highly dissapointing.

ozzie0075
04-27-2013, 12:39 PM
I f Greene, Poyer or Rambo are there and he selects a WR or TE, unless it's Dion Sims, this draft was highly dissapointing.

I love Shamarko Thomas as well. If Giants do go WR in the 4th I really like Quiton Patton.

BlessedinBlue22
04-27-2013, 12:46 PM
I love Shamarko Thomas as well. If Giants do go WR in the 4th I really like Quiton Patton.

If they do this draft would be completely backwards. Wr should be in the 6th. We shoulda chosen LB 2nd or 3rd. We're still fortunate Greene and Poyer are still available. But for how long?

ryan12
04-27-2013, 01:03 PM
Trade up to get greene

Cloud57
04-27-2013, 01:16 PM
Most of these late round players are practice squad guys

myles2424
04-27-2013, 02:18 PM
Once again, instead of a damn DT we've could've easily went with the best non pass rushing LB in the draft with Arthur brown

G-Men Surg.
04-27-2013, 02:21 PM
Well it didn't happen in the 4th round that's for sure.