PDA

View Full Version : What is PLAN B IF?

jakegibbs
12-29-2011, 03:44 PM
Manningham, Ballard & Nicks are no show's Sunday night?

I'm really worried with 2 knees & the dreaded hamstring that we could see all 3 out of the game Sunday Night; maybe not at the start of the game but before the end of the 1st quarter?

What is the Giants Plan B if suddenly they can't rely on a heavy dose from the passing game?

Has this topic been discussed or am I just being too pessimistic?

Doom dispair & agony on me..Deep dark depresion constant misery... If it t'wernt for bad luck we have no luck at all ...etc....

jakegibbs
12-29-2011, 03:51 PM

I'm really worried with 2 knees & the dreaded hamstring that we could see all 3 out of the game Sunday Night; maybe not at the start of the game but before the end of the 1st quarter?

What is the Giants Plan B if suddenly they can't rely on a heavy dose from the passing game?

Doom dispair & agony on me..Deep dark depresion constant misery... If it t'wernt for bad luck we have no luck at all ...etc....

My fears have come true based upon the non-response from you guys. There isn't a PLAN B is there?

OH ME .... OH MY.....

chasjay
12-29-2011, 03:53 PM
I hope the defense and the running game keep us from needing a heavy dose of passing. If the D and the running game are working well, Cruz and the other receivers, along with RB screens and dump-offs, will give us all the passing we need.

If the defense and running game are not going well, it will be tough to win without those three guys.

Be positive - don't go all Buck Owens on us.

TrueBlue07
12-29-2011, 03:54 PM
I'm waiting for KG to fax me the offensive game plan for Sunday. But unfortunately, he usually asks me to not put it on the other forums on the off chance the other teams DC is on here scouting.

dave56dj
12-29-2011, 03:54 PM
Manningham has been at practice two days in a row- nicks hopes to go tmrw and play Sunday - Ballard is pushing but likely out- odds are your scenario doesn't happen- but if it did it woul have to be Jernigan bear Thomas and Barden stepping in. Again. It seems very unlikely

byron
12-29-2011, 03:59 PM
punt!

MikeIsaGiant
We need an effective run game, which I foresee happening this game, with or without Baas.

I can see Jacobs playing with fire, and AB is back as well.

Run them hard, and do well in the passing game as well since Dallas' secondary is weak!

jakegibbs
Manningham has been at practice two days in a row- nicks hopes to go tmrw and play Sunday - Ballard is pushing but likely out- odds are your scenario doesn't happen- but if it did it woul have to be Jernigan bear Thomas and Barden stepping in. Again. It seems very unlikely

Jernigan bear Thomas and Barden stepping in OH ....Me .... OH ....MY...

Why not rush for 200+ yds & 4 TDs KG?

daynemustgo
12-29-2011, 04:00 PM
what's the big deal? They have been dealing with nothing but injuries all season...what's one more game? Either they get it done or they dont. No excuses.

joeybagadonutz23
12-29-2011, 04:01 PM
Hopefully plan B is to stop using all the disguises and actually start blitzing LB's behind JPP, Tuck, Canty and Osi. They can't block JPP. Add some more pressure and feed Tony Romo to the pigs.

jakegibbs
12-29-2011, 04:03 PM
what's the big deal? They have been dealing with nothing but injuries all season...what's one more game? Either they get it done or they dont. No excuses.

What's the big deal this is a passing team that can't run & they could be without 75% of their passing attack. You don't think that's a BIG DEAL? OH ME OH MY

gmen0820
12-29-2011, 04:04 PM
Barden plays a full game and gives us 3-4 receptions, leading to people anointing him as a stud who makes plays when given the chance.

daynemustgo
12-29-2011, 04:04 PM

What's the big deal this is a passing team that can't run & they could be without 75% of their passing attack. You don't think that's a BIG DEAL? OH ME OH MY

Have a little faith.

jakegibbs
12-29-2011, 04:08 PM

Have a little faith.

They beat them with a blocked FG in the last game & Eli had to do it with 400+ yard passing game with 100% of recieving corp & now you expect that out of 25% on the field?
OH ME OH MY OF LITTLE FAITH

daynemustgo
12-29-2011, 04:10 PM

Have a little faith.

They beat them with a blocked FG in the last game & Eli had to do it with 400+ yard passing game with 100% of recieving corp & now you expect that out of 25% on the field?

I am more worried about playing at home than injuries. All is well.

chasjay
12-29-2011, 04:14 PM

Have a little faith.

I expect the players and coaches to show up with a "whatever it takes" attitude - and then to do whatever it takes. They've done it before.

shabi
12-29-2011, 04:15 PM
Hope JPP can play offense

GiantWarfare
12-29-2011, 04:18 PM

Nicks better play

G-Man67
12-29-2011, 04:24 PM
Nicks will play, he has shown that he can heal quick and play thru things better than most ... very good athelete ... i wonder if he has hurt his hand(s) though ;)

NYtoSanDiego
12-29-2011, 04:26 PM

plan B is to run, run, run and run. plan C is to run, run and run.

seriously we can't get into a lot of 3rd and longs and gilbride needs to alter the deep attack if its windy. they need high % type pass plays that allows eli to get the ball out quickly. delayed TE routes, crossings, screens and checkdowns.

RoanokeFan
12-29-2011, 04:33 PM

Next Men Up! Barden, Thomas, Jernigan, Pascoe, and Beckum to help Cruz out.

giantsfan420
12-29-2011, 05:40 PM
the "oh me oh my" is lame.

one of nicks/MM should play. Ballard while being reliable is usually good for 4 or so catches a game, his lack of production shouldn't kill us.

we'll need to run the ball regardless of whose healthy or isn't.

hopefully KG actually mixes things up and adds some wrinkles.

I find it telling that KG's own admission that the first few drives of the game, he doesn't really have a script set of plays or a game plan, he uses those drives to see what the d will do and then adjusts accordingly. which i think explains the slow starts.

i'd love if KG followed some of the better offensive game callers and had a set script of plays for the first few drives based on plays that have been successful and methodical.

and for that barden lil snippet one of the posters said, he has made some plays for us and has shown he has talent. kind of unrealistic to expect him to be a main focal point of our offense when we have nicks, cruz and MM all ahead of him. it'd be like saying tollefson sucks bc he "only" has 5 sacks off the bench.

with bench players its not about the quantity of plays made, its about the quality of plays made. and barden has made some quality plays

jomo
12-29-2011, 05:43 PM
Manningham, Ballard & Nicks are no show's Sunday night? I'm really worried with 2 knees & the dreaded hamstring that we could see all 3 out of the game Sunday Night; maybe not at the start of the game but before the end of the 1st quarter? What is the Giants Plan B if suddenly they can't rely on a heavy dose from the passing game? Has this topic been discussed or am I just being too pessimistic? Doom dispair & agony on me..Deep dark depresion constant misery... If it t'wernt for bad luck we have no luck at all ...etc.... My fears have come true based upon the non-response from you guys. There isn't a PLAN B is there? OH ME .... OH MY.....lol jake, cold hard truth staring you in the face!

Wes
12-29-2011, 05:46 PM
Manningham, Ballard &amp; Nicks are no show's Sunday night? I'm really worried with 2 knees &amp; the dreaded hamstring that we could see all 3 out of the game Sunday Night; maybe not at the start of the game but before the end of the 1st quarter? What is the Giants Plan B if suddenly they can't rely on a heavy dose from the passing game? Has this topic been discussed or am I just being too pessimistic? Doom dispair &amp; agony on me..Deep dark depresion constant misery... If it t'wernt for bad luck we have no luck at all ...etc....</P>

</P>

guess we would rely on beckum and barden? maybe jj?</P>

jomo
12-29-2011, 05:48 PM
Manningham, Ballard &amp; Nicks are no show's Sunday night? I'm really worried with 2 knees &amp; the dreaded hamstring that we could see all 3 out of the game Sunday Night; maybe not at the start of the game but before the end of the 1st quarter? What is the Giants Plan B if suddenly they can't rely on a heavy dose from the passing game? Has this topic been discussed or am I just being too pessimistic? Doom dispair &amp; agony on me..Deep dark depresion constant misery... If it t'wernt for bad luck we have no luck at all ...etc....</P>

</P>

guess we would rely on beckum and barden? maybe jj?</P>That's what Jake is worried about. lol

T-Murda84
12-29-2011, 05:55 PM
Then this will be the opportunity for Cruz and Barden to step up. Jernigan needs to have a great week of practice and I would like to see Devin Thomas get some work in too. Hopefully this OLine fires off the ball and get this ground game going...Snee needs to play alot better.

gmen0820
12-29-2011, 08:40 PM
and for that barden lil snippet one of the posters said, he has made some plays for us and has shown he has talent. kind of unrealistic to expect him to be a main focal point of our offense when we have nicks, cruz and MM all ahead of him. it'd be like saying tollefson sucks bc he "only" has 5 sacks off the bench.

Yeah Barden has made some plays for us, to the tune of 15 career catches. And idk who would ever say that Tollefson sucks because he only has 5 sacks off the bench. That'd be a rediculous statement.

Tenspro2002
12-29-2011, 09:16 PM
Manningham has said he's ready to go.

http://espn.go.com/blog/new-york/giants/post/_/id/10116/light-jogging-for-nicks-mario-ready

If Nicks can't go, that is a concern. I think the Cowboys will be keying on Cruz and force Manningham to shoulder the load. Unless he and Eli have been taking telepathy lessons lately, that doesn't inspire a ton of confidence. I have never seen a receiver so out-of-sync with his quarterback than MM.

giantsfan420
12-29-2011, 09:42 PM

Yeah Barden has made some plays for us, to the tune of 15 career catches. And idk who would ever say that Tollefson sucks because he only has 5 sacks off the bench. That'd be a rediculous statement.

i agree. the tollefson sucks statement was totally ridiculous. bardens also been injured his first 2 and a half yrs. again, i think if u were to ask intelligent giants fans, no one would say barden is a stud, but would say that some of the grabs he's made this season have been very impressive. he's made some very tough catches in traffic, a couple that saved possible interceptions. not a stud by any means, but also hasnt really received much of an opportunity by any means either. also, the game vs the jets, he didnt look good but neither did any wr sans the cruz td catch and the grab that got us inside the 5.

barden will contribute when given more of a steady role on the team. right now with nicks, cruz, and MM ahead of him, factored in he didnt play until week 7 i believe, itd be moronic to expect much of him like those expecting prince to be a stud right off the bat.

but not trying to force my opinion on anyone, i certainly cant say one way or the other how barden will turn out. anyone claiming to do so is full of it and just making a guess. who knows, maybe barden has a great game vs dallas and then everyone will be on his bandwagon. its tough to be patient with players, but i think barden has shown at least enough to warrant giving him some more opportunities before being written off.

giantsfan420
12-29-2011, 09:49 PM
i wonder if there had been a giants MB when toomer was first drafted, if "genius" giants fans would have written him off after struggling badly his first couple seasons.
kind of similar to bardens story actually, injured one year, struggled to get used to the speed of the game...but boy did he ever prove his worth.

im not saying bardens on the level of toomer AT ALL, im just saying, its stupid to write off a player, especially wr, for not being an impact player right off the bat. especially considering he was a 3rd round pick whose been injured and buried on the depth chart.

gmen0820
12-29-2011, 09:51 PM

i agree. the tollefson sucks statement was totally ridiculous. bardens also been injured his first 2 and a half yrs. again, i think if u were to ask intelligent giants fans, no one would say barden is a stud, but would say that some of the grabs he's made this season have been very impressive. he's made some very tough catches in traffic, a couple that saved possible interceptions. not a stud by any means, but also hasnt really received much of an opportunity by any means either. also, the game vs the jets, he didnt look good but neither did any wr sans the cruz td catch and the grab that got us inside the 5.

barden will contribute when given more of a steady role on the team. right now with nicks, cruz, and MM ahead of him, factored in he didnt play until week 7 i believe, itd be moronic to expect much of him like those expecting prince to be a stud right off the bat.

but not trying to force my opinion on anyone, i certainly cant say one way or the other how barden will turn out. anyone claiming to do so is full of it and just making a guess. who knows, maybe barden has a great game vs dallas and then everyone will be on his bandwagon. its tough to be patient with players, but i think barden has shown at least enough to warrant giving him some more opportunities before being written off.Yeah I'm sure people would also comment on that devastating drop Barden had vs the Jets too. I'm sure you could start a thread to get peoples opinion on Barden.

As for the Tollefson suck because he only has 5 sacks, have you actually seen anyone make that statement?

giantsfan420
12-29-2011, 10:08 PM

but not trying to force my opinion on anyone, i certainly cant say one way or the other how barden will turn out. anyone claiming to do so is full of it and just making a guess. who knows, maybe barden has a great game vs dallas and then everyone will be on his bandwagon. its tough to be patient with players, but i think barden has shown at least enough to warrant giving him some more opportunities before being written off.Yeah I'm sure people would also comment on that devastating drop Barden had vs the Jets too. I'm sure you could start a thread to get peoples opinion on Barden.

As for the Tollefson suck because he only has 5 sacks, have you actually seen anyone make that statement?

yeah u made the statement that tollefsons 5 sacks isnt good bc his lack of qb pressures. something along the lines of "well 5 sacks doesnt mean he doesnt suck bc out of all his snaps he has very little qb pressures" or something like that. u were going on about how qb pressures are more telling of his play than his 5 sacks. i couldnt really follow much of ur argument bc u led out with "tollefson sucks this year..." so it was hard to even address any of ur comments.

but i know u love to hijack threads and make this about u and me, but lets not disrespect the OP and do that.

Plan B if those players can't go...

run the rock, try and control the clock, use the PA to try and get a couple big plays to Cruz. Hope between Barden, Beckum, Thomas, JJ one of em could break out. and of course, a solid defensive effort

giantman8493
12-29-2011, 10:10 PM

Doom dispair & agony on me..Deep dark depresion constant misery... If it t'wernt for bad luck we have no luck at all ...etc.... LOL good one!

gmen0820
12-29-2011, 10:12 PM

yeah u made the statement that tollefsons 5 sacks isnt good bc his lack of qb pressures. something along the lines of "well 5 sacks doesnt mean he doesnt suck bc out of all his snaps he has very little qb pressures" or something like that. u were going on about how qb pressures are more telling of his play than his 5 sacks. i couldnt really follow much of ur argument bc u led out with "tollefson sucks this year..." so it was hard to even address any of ur comments.

but i know u love to hijack threads and make this about u and me, but lets not disrespect the OP and do that.

run the rock, try and control the clock, use the PA to try and get a couple big plays to Cruz. Hope between Barden, Beckum, Thomas, JJ one of em could break out. and of course, a solid defensive effortI said it's not all about sacks, do you not agree with that?

I said Tollefson sucks this year, not that he sucks as a player. I guess you just happened to misinterpret that.

giantsfan420
12-29-2011, 10:17 PM

run the rock, try and control the clock, use the PA to try and get a couple big plays to Cruz. Hope between Barden, Beckum, Thomas, JJ one of em could break out. and of course, a solid defensive effortI said it's not all about sacks, do you not agree with that?

I said Tollefson sucks this year, not that he sucks as a player. I guess you just happened to misinterpret that.

well seeing as this is tollefsons best year statistically, and u claim he sucks, how would he be better before this year? but forget it, it doesnt really matter does it? we have issues with each of us trying to get the last word. i dont want to hijack this thread any longer, you can respond if you like in any manner and unless it relates to the OP i just wont respond. ok? have a good one man.

and u didnt say "sucks this year" u said "tollefson sucks", theres the thread if u want to look back. but again, i just stirred the pot im sure. im done, night.

gmen0820
12-29-2011, 10:24 PM
well seeing as this is tollefsons best year statistically, and u claim he sucks, how would he be better before this year? I don't agree with that. In 2008, he was much better vs the pass (3.5 sacks, 10 pressures and 4 QB hits in about 200 snaps less and 3 games less), and he played the run very well.

I have always been very high on Tolly, I just think he has sucked this year. Matter a fact, I wanted Tolly to start opposite Tuck when Osi went down in 2008 so Kiwi could stay at LB.

giantsfan420
12-29-2011, 10:26 PM
well seeing as this is tollefsons best year statistically, and u claim he sucks, how would he be better before this year? I don't agree with that. In 2008, he was much better vs the pass (3.5 sacks, 10 pressures and 4 QB hits in about 200 snaps less and 3 games less), and he played the run very well.

I have always been very high on Tolly, I just think he has sucked this year. Matter a fact, I wanted Tolly to start opposite Tuck when Osi went down in 2008 so Kiwi could stay at LB.

actually that i can agree with. tollefson was a nice surprise that year bc everyone though bc osi was gone and kiwi was lb at that point, we were screwed at depth at de but tolly managed to do pretty well. but i dont know if id say the level of his play in 08 was better than his play this year. very comparable. i think he's underrated. he aint an all pro by a long shot, but still, pretty good off the bench, provides energy, and a good motor and even some leadership as he never says or does anything that hurts the team.

ok tho, enough of tolly talk. back to the OP.

G-Men Surg.
12-29-2011, 10:31 PM
We need an effective run game, which I foresee happening this game, with or without Baas.

I can see Jacobs playing with fire, and AB is back as well.

Run them hard, and do well in the passing game as well since Dallas' secondary is weak!
This .

gmen0820
01-01-2012, 07:24 PM
Barden plays a full game and gives us 3-4 receptions, leading to people anointing him as a stud who makes plays when given the chance.Guess I was wrong. Barden is a healthy scratch.

jakegibbs
01-01-2012, 07:55 PM
Guess he also looked lost in practice this week too & Jernigan beat him out right?