PDA

View Full Version : When we get in...

NYtoSanDiego
12-29-2011, 05:22 PM
i actually like our chances as long as we don't play the saints. i'd rather meet the packers in the divisional and the niners in the conference championship or vice versa.

1: Packers
2: Niners
3: Saints
4: Giants
5: Falcons
6: Lions

so who does the Giants draw, 4 vs. 6 or 4 vs. 5 and who would you rather play and why?

Idkaname
12-29-2011, 05:24 PM
Playoffs? Are you kidding me playoffs? I just hope we can win a game

jjj45
12-29-2011, 05:26 PM
i actually like our chances as long as we don't play the saints. i'd rather meet the packers in the divisional and the niners in the conference championship or vice versa.

1: Packers
2: Niners
3: Saints
4: Giants
5: Falcons
6: Lions

so who does the Giants draw, 4 vs. 6 or 4 vs. 5 and who would you rather play and why?We'll most likely get Detroit. Its funny cause Lions fans want to face us to see whos the better QB. They are so pissed that Stafford didnt get in the PB.

NYtoSanDiego
12-29-2011, 05:28 PM
Playoffs? Are you kidding me playoffs? I just hope we can win a game

lol... thanks mora!

when we get it in i like the giants chances if they play well against any of the teams with the exception of the saints.

JacksGiant76
12-29-2011, 05:33 PM
Overlooking the Cowboys eh? That won't jinx it at all. Might as well order your playoff tickets and NFC East Champion T-Shirt while you're at it.

gmen0820
12-29-2011, 05:34 PM
I think we have a great shot at the SB if Atlanta can beat the Saints.

jjj45
12-29-2011, 05:35 PM
yeah like theres such thing as jinxes......

jjj45
12-29-2011, 05:35 PM
I think we have a great shot at the SB if Atlanta can beat the Saints.Thats the spirit!

repeatchamps
12-29-2011, 05:45 PM
i actually like our chances as long as we don't play the saints. i'd rather meet the packers in the divisional and the niners in the conference championship or vice versa. 1: Packers 2: Niners 3: Saints 4: Giants 5: Falcons 6: Lions so who does the Giants draw, 4 vs. 6 or 4 vs. 5 and who would you rather play and why?We'll most likely get Detroit. Its funny cause Lions fans want to face us to see whos the better QB. They are so pissed that Stafford didnt get in the PB.
</P>

If the Giants do win this Sunday Night, it is likely we get the Lions if GB is uninterested in knocking the Lions down to the 6 seed and rests starters. I think it is in GB's best interest to beat Detroit and hope Atlanta beats TB so that Detroit has the harder first round game so that GB can potentially avoid having to play that Detroit D-linefor a third time. GB should play to win this week because if Detroit has to go to SF or New Orleans in round 1they are likely one and done.</P>

NY_Eli
12-29-2011, 05:48 PM
Dear god!

If, my fellow giants fan, if!

This team has laid too many eggs at home when the playoffs are on the line to assume anything.

NYtoSanDiego
12-29-2011, 05:49 PM
Overlooking the Cowboys eh? That won't jinx it at all. Might as well order your playoff tickets and NFC East Champion T-Shirt while you're at it.

not overlooking the boys. we all know any nfc east game is played close. when we get in and looking at the other teams, i like the giants chances against all the teams with the exception of the saints. so if they can actually pull it all together in these final 4 games to the SB, they have a legitimate shot.

i could be wrong but i don't think this team and its coaches would let a playoff berth go to waste this time around, like they did in 05 and 06. its been 3 years since that divisional game against the eagles. that window gets smaller and smaller every year. the coaches and players know it. so when they do get in, i'm expecting a lot and not just a one and done.

NYtoSanDiego
12-29-2011, 05:54 PM
Dear god!

This team has laid too many eggs at home when the playoffs are on the line to assume anything.

i know "IF".

i remember the 05 wildcard against the panthers at home. the 06 WC against the eagles at the linc. the 08 divisional against the eagles at home.

but i have weird feeling when they get in and they fix whatever was wrong on all sides of the ball this year, they have a really good shot. as long as they don't play the saints.

Eli TO Shockey
12-29-2011, 06:13 PM
Dear god!

i know "IF".

i remember the 05 wildcard against the panthers at home. the 06 WC against the eagles at the linc. the 08 divisional against the eagles at home.

but i have weird feeling when they get in and they fix whatever was wrong on all sides of the ball this year, they have a really good shot. as long as they don't play the saints.

i agree if we play the saints again we're screwed.

Easy-Duz-It
12-29-2011, 06:16 PM
I think we have a great shot at the SB if Atlanta can beat the Saints.Thats the spirit!

i agree, but i happen to think it's the niners who have the best shot at knocking off the saints before we would have to face them if we make it that far.

giantsfan420
12-29-2011, 06:29 PM
i actually like our chances and have a good reason why.

in our losses and games we have looked bad (most of, I know the NO game will be the exception BUT)

we play DOWN to lesser opponents. In almost EVERY game vs the top tier teams, we have shown up, and either won or pushed the game til the final seconds. the NO game was the exception as I alluded to, but lets look at some of our games vs the top tier teams...

GB, last second FG causes us to lose, BUT we had a TD that was erroneously overturned, AND a dropped TD pass by Nicks.
NE-won
SF-game went down to final possession IN SF
Jets-I know not a top tier offense, but good defense and HC, win easily
Philly WITH Vick-win by a couple scores
Dallas-win
Buffalo when they were 5-1 i believe, win.

if we make the playoffs, we will be facing teams that we play UP to.

I don't really have a reason as to why this occurred this season, but our losses were to Seattle, Washingtonx2, Philly with Young...

NO, GB, SF-all good games except for NO and even early that game coulda been diff. had Ballard came down with that TD pass.

IF we make the playoffs, we will be a very dangerous team.

Elite QB, usually elite offense.

Our defense and run game need to get hot at the right time, so far this year neither has shown up really at all, except the Jets win and a couple 100 yd games in between.

we wont have the crappy teams to play down to, i think bc we played crappier teams we should have beaten, the team relaxed a little and that turned into bad performances. something I dont see happening in the playoffs.

again, if the D and run game get going for the playoffs, Eli is more than enough to put us over the top. We will need a reprieve of the 07 playoff run where our D and run game were the main cogs and Eli's play was the difference maker we cannot rely on Eli in the playoffs alone.
The quality wins vs NE it was a team effort for the most part.

Call me crazy, but we lost to GB, NO, with our defense not even showing up and a putrid run game. I really really like our chances. no matter who we play.

T.Rice57
12-29-2011, 06:36 PM
This is a message board folks. For those of you saying things like, "stop looking ahead," relax. Message boards are around for topics just like this. You're not playing the game, posts have absolutely 0 to do with outcomes of games. Relax.

In my opinion, I think they're both tough games. The Falcons have two legit WR's, a great TE who could kill us over the middle, and one of the better RB's in the game. They also lead the NFL in TOP. I honestly don't know a whole lot about their D.

The Lions have CJ, who can out perform most double teams, a very solid TE in Pettigrew, and a decent runner in K. Smith when healthy. Their front 4 on D is ridiculous, and could easily plug up our running game. If they get pressure on Eli, it could make for a long day.

After writing this, I feel as if we match up better against the Falcons better for offensive purposes, but think we're better suited to defend the Lions. As someone mentioned before, I know the Lions fans are upset about Stafford not getting in. While its a very arguable topic, and I can't necessarily disagree with their frustration, I feel Stafford has the luxury of throwing up a lot of questionable balls and relying on CJ's freakish athletic abilities to save him. I think if the Giants blitz Stafford, and man up with CWeb and roll KP over to CJ's side, I think we'd have a good shot at shutting down the Lions offense.

I'll take the Lions.