PDA

View Full Version : Why are some threads so long?

u2good
12-29-2011, 05:55 PM
The Gameday threads I understand, I just don't understand why some threads spread for thousands of posts and pages.

Like DID YOU KNOW?, Asian Giant for HC (What does this even mean?), THEE SWAG thread, and others. When I read the first post on some of these threads, the subject doesn't even match the title of the thread. Then when you go down further down, the content is that same as any the other threads--people talking about last week's Giants game.

Are these threads for special clubs or something?
I know I'll get flamed for this, but I'm just trying to understand.

Rudyy
12-29-2011, 06:03 PM
We should make this one super long just for kicks.

Eli TO Shockey
12-29-2011, 06:04 PM
why are some threads so short? hint hint

jjj45
12-29-2011, 06:05 PM
We should make this one super long just for kicks.check your pm

u2good
12-29-2011, 06:19 PM
why are some threads so short?* hint hint

You're trying to be funny, but you just illustrated my point.

Why do people find some thread so interesting that they last for years, yet this post, as an example, garners no interest? I read through them and I don't see them as any different from any other thread about the Giants...

Eli TO Shockey
12-29-2011, 06:46 PM
This thread has NOTHING to do with football or the giants . This moral dilemma you're having is quite basic and simple to understand .

TheEnigma
12-29-2011, 06:52 PM
A lot of threads tend to also be a bit long because of this quoting system we have here. Instead of quoting just one thing, it records the ENTIRE conversation that has been quoted. The only way to fix that is to remove the quotes yourself but most people don't care to take the time to do that, which I don't really blame them.

Firenugget
12-29-2011, 07:18 PM
BUMP* Mwahahahahahahaaaa[:P]

Die-Hard
12-29-2011, 07:26 PM
Some threads just took on a life of their own. We don't usually allow off topic stuff to be posted, but those couple of threads became the places where it was ok to talk about whatever. Not sure how or why, but they've been around forever, and people obviously like them.