PDA

View Full Version : linebackers

lescadigan
04-27-2013, 03:55 PM
gotta admit, I thought the giants should take a linebacker at 4 and 5. local guy green from Rutgers would have been a nice pick and would have gained fan interest right from the start. do not understand nasif pick. strong arm, but little else going for him.

Cloud57
04-27-2013, 04:24 PM
C.J. Mosley 2014 :D

Buddy333
04-27-2013, 04:27 PM
They are doomed just like they where in 2007 and 2011!

mwm23
04-27-2013, 05:49 PM
I would agree, thought they would address Line backers as well as Defensive backs but obviously Reese is more confident than Giants fans in what they have, unless they have another move either via the last couple draft picks or maybe there is something in Free Agency (not sure who is available) but maybe the are in on others for these positions.

BlessedinBlue22
04-27-2013, 06:06 PM
If we pass on Baurenheis from Rutgers or Rid****, i think it's safe to say Reese may just bring in UDFA's or try and find a stevie brown LB to find them.

Cloud57
04-27-2013, 06:07 PM
If we pass on Baurenheis from Rutgers or Rid****, i think it's safe to say Reese may just bring in UDFA's or try and find a stevie brown LB to find them.or just some guy on the street

BlessedinBlue22
04-27-2013, 06:10 PM
or just some guy on the street

I hear Reese is gonna come in and play MLB. Or they'll just resign Boley

Cloud57
04-27-2013, 06:13 PM
I hear Reese is gonna come in and play MLB. Or they'll just resign BoleyReese needs to bulk up and put on weight

lescadigan
04-29-2013, 09:51 AM
well, tell me who is going to play linebacker in 2014.

BlueSabbath
04-29-2013, 09:53 AM
C.J. Mosley 2014 :D

This. I said a while back that I'm totally fine with not taking a LB if it means we make ourselves desperate enough to target CJ Mosley in the 1st.

BlueSabbath
04-29-2013, 09:59 AM

We were pretty close to being doomed in 2011.

PBTimmons
04-29-2013, 10:16 AM

It's not like we've got a bunch of chicken littles around here...LB is a serious concern.

Combine that with our less than desirable safety situation and I'm getting a little worried. I'm shocked they didn't pay more attention to both positions. I guess we'll just have to hope someone comes through in the UDFA pool or a guy like Jake Muasau steps up.

Redeyejedi
04-29-2013, 10:28 AM
C.J. Mosley 2014 :DIf they feel he can play MLB. the Giants seem to not care if their MLB can play the pass

Giant303
04-29-2013, 12:16 PM
Let's just see how training camp goes etc. I really like Cooper after seeing some film on him. Gotta admit i didn't know anything about him. But his measurables are similar to Arthur Brown who people really liked at MLB why cant this kid potentially become a LB?

Carter.525
04-29-2013, 12:19 PM
answer: lots of 3 safety sets..

TheAnalyst
04-30-2013, 03:10 PM

2007 they had Antonio Pierce and Kawika Mitchell. 2011 they had Kiwi and Boley.

I guess we are rolling on Rivers and Williams and praying they dont get hurt.

TAILGATIN'
04-30-2013, 03:51 PM
Let's just see how training camp goes etc. I really like Cooper after seeing some film on him. Gotta admit i didn't know anything about him. But his measurables are similar to Arthur Brown who people really liked at MLB why cant this kid potentially become a LB?
Don't quite measure up w Brown as he's got 4 inches on Brown and is almost 15 lbs lighter. He'll have to beef up and learn the role which will take some time if that's the route we chose. He does have boom or bust potential IMO and I'm def hoping its not the latter.

Giant303
04-30-2013, 04:01 PM
Yeah i agree definitely who knows whats going to happen with the LB position. Obviously its a position that the giants feel is a "coach em up" position. Reese has taken LB's in earlier rounds in previous drafts and they haven't panned out. Yeah he's lighter than Brown doesn't mean he can't pack on a few although 15lbs is a lot to gain in 4 months. Dropping him in during the 3 safety set closer too the box could be interesting.

Just curious what were your thoughts on Kiko Alonso? He is much much closer to Cooper height wise and about 10lbs heavier and a little slower.

I also woulnd't mind seeing Moore at the Sam in obvious passing downs. Or maybe for good. Didn't he play Some outside backer at A&M? Moore,JPP,Jenkins,Joseph,Kiwi should give O'line fits

Captain Chaos
05-01-2013, 05:57 AM
There are still some FAs out there. Think we may be surprised by an addition or two....

Rat_bastich
05-04-2013, 04:24 AM
There are still some FAs out there. Think we may be surprised by an addition or two....

I think once they sort everything else out, this may be the way they go. Bill Polian was talking about General Manager strategy on ESPN one day and he said the draft is where you take your BPA and developmental prospects and Free Agency and the waiver are where you fill your holes. The Giants still won't pick up any superstars, but they don't need any either.

Kruunch
05-06-2013, 08:52 AM
I have to assume the LBers in this draft didn't impress the Giants. They worked out Greene after all and let him pass them by in the 4th round (where he would have been a decent value).

Same with Brown and Bostic in the second.

We already know that LBer is the least priority on the defense in the current FO mindset.

BlueSanta
05-06-2013, 02:00 PM
I have to assume the LBers in this draft didn't impress the Giants. They worked out Greene after all and let him pass them by in the 4th round (where he would have been a decent value).

Same with Brown and Bostic in the second.

We already know that LBer is the least priority on the defense in the current FO mindset.

I agree with most of what you said. There must have been something either in Greene's play or in his personality that rubbed people, not just he Giants, the wrong way.

People complaining about us not taking him seem to be overlooking the fact that he was projected to go WAY sooner than he did. We weren't the only team to pass on this kid for some reason. Most projections had him going early 3rd round at the worst, most were in the 2nd round. Mayock had him as a top 70 prospect for example.

Something went wrong in his interviews or in his Doctor evals.

slipknottin
05-06-2013, 05:16 PM
Really once Brown and Moore were gone, there was not much left at the position.

Greene is nothing special. Id take J Will over him.

BlueSanta
05-06-2013, 06:08 PM
Really once Brown and Moore were gone, there was not much left at the position.

Greene is nothing special. Id take J Will over him.

I thought he would go sooner than he did. But, the 1 thing we amateurs can never account for is personality or intelligence. its not like we get to meet him in person, so we are forced to go on what we know.

I still think something about this kid was displeasing to NFL teams.

It could also just be the general trend in the league right now tho. With more passing comes less LBs on the field and more DBs.

Mr.TRUEBLUE
10-12-2013, 07:00 AM
SKOV - BULLOUGH