PDA

View Full Version : give the giants a grade

snedd162
04-27-2013, 06:35 PM
with only 1 pick left, what do you all think of this draft for the giants overall.

this was by no means a sexy or flashy draft for us, but we got a few players that will contribute and hopefully will develop in time.

the pick that really intrigues me is cooper taylor, im excited to see this kid in action. I think he could play a great S/LB hybrid and be great against most TEs. this is my favorite pick of the draft.

the nassib pick, i understand we needed to start to mold a replacement for Eli and he was good value in the 4th but if we still have at the minimum assuming no injuries 6 years left with eli we could have waited another year or two to find value at the QB position and still give him enough time to develop. especially if we were giving up a 6th round pick in a draft where alot of quality players were dropping and a fourth round where numerous quality players were still available. Happy with nassib but could be happier.

overall i think it was a succesful draft, infuriating at times but now that its practically over i look back and nod and think just well done.

darrin99
04-27-2013, 06:38 PM
http://boards.giants.com/showthread.php?30378-Report-Card-Grading-The-Giants-Draft

slipknottin
04-27-2013, 06:39 PM
Giants have drafted one player who ran better than a 4.95 40.

I know they wanted to get big bodies, but Id give it a C at best.

Carter.525
04-27-2013, 06:39 PM
I for incomplete..

winstonsalem
04-27-2013, 06:49 PM
If Pugh starts,
Hawkins > Canty
Nassib > Carr,
Moore = Osi - or shows potential
Taylor makes team.

would be real nice clark, real nice

Eli TO Shockey
04-27-2013, 06:53 PM
If Pugh starts,
Hawkins > Canty
Nassib > Carr,
Moore = Osi - or shows potential
Taylor makes team.

would be real nice clark, real nice

not to mention the age differences.

Pugh>Diehl

bigjeep
Anywhere from E- to A+ depending on who plays where and if they can play at all!

winstonsalem
wish we addressed LBs though

Eli TO Shockey
04-27-2013, 06:56 PM

good thing 40's dont equal good football players.

You act like we drafted skill positions which require top end speed. Taylor ran a 4.5 and moore ran a 4.9, which is one of the reasons why he slipped. Had he ran a 4.6 he would have easily gone in the 2nd.

Grade - B

Eli TO Shockey
04-27-2013, 06:57 PM
Upgrades all over the field. even at backup QB. :)

Eli TO Shockey
04-27-2013, 06:57 PM
wish we addressed LBs though

I have a weird feeling we're going to go after Dansby.

gmen0820
04-27-2013, 06:58 PM
Not the best draft I've seen. Don't have that excited feeling I had after last year's draft. But we are also not coming off a SB. We'll see, though.

slipknottin
04-27-2013, 06:58 PM
good thing 40's dont equal good football players.

You act like we drafted skill positions which require top end speed. Taylor ran a 4.5 and moore ran a 4.9, which is one of the reasons why he slipped. Had he ran a 4.6 he would have easily gone in the 2nd.

Grade - B

No, but it means the team didnt get any faster. I want them to get faster every draft.

Dave Brown
04-27-2013, 07:02 PM
Drafting purely based on 40 times is the mindset of Matt Millen and Al Davis in his final 10-15 years.

Da'Rel Scott has a great 40 time. Let's see what we can get for him in a trade.

danme
04-27-2013, 07:06 PM
I give the Giants draft a B- or C -- Due to the fact we HAVE the same GLARING HOLE in the defense that we have had for the last 4 years -- NO Quality MLB -- Again Offenses wil be able to POUND THE BALL UP THE MIDDLE through the Heart of this defense in the Late part of the 3rd qtr throughout the 4th Qtr and eat up clock -- Our DT's will again be worn out and have no help from the MLB to stop the run

slipknottin
04-27-2013, 07:06 PM
Drafting purely based on 40 times is the mindset of Matt Millen and Al Davis in his final 10-15 years.

Da'Rel Scott has a great 40 time. Let's see what we can get for him in a trade.

See you are missing the point entirely, I didnt want a bunch of bums who ran fast.

I want good players who are fast.

Giants did not add any of those this draft.

Eli TO Shockey
04-27-2013, 07:08 PM
No, but it means the team didnt get any faster. I want them to get faster every draft.

to be fair we did sign louis murphy. Wilson is pretty explosive too. More speed on offense then we have had in a long time.

Eli TO Shockey
04-27-2013, 07:09 PM
I give the Giants draft a B- or C -- Due to the fact we HAVE the same GLARING HOLE in the defense that we have had for the last 4 years -- NO Quality MLB -- Again Offenses wil be able to POUND THE BALL UP THE MIDDLE through the Heart of this defense in the Late part of the 3rd qtr throughout the 4th Qtr and eat up clock -- Our DT's will again be worn out and have no help from the MLB to stop the run

you act like dan connor isnt the answer at MLB. :)

slipknottin
04-27-2013, 07:09 PM
to be fair we did sign louis murphy. Wilson is pretty explosive too. More speed on offense then we have had in a long time.

Yea, I know, they have a lot of speed already on the team. I just felt they passed on some chances to add good players who had some speed.

Carter.525
04-27-2013, 07:15 PM
A..... for average

Eli TO Shockey
04-27-2013, 07:19 PM
A..... for average

2 years from now...when Diehl , linval(posslbe), and tuck are gone and are replaced by pugh, hankins, and moore you'll be thinking different.

Eli TO Shockey
04-27-2013, 07:19 PM
And people say we didnt draft need - Nassib

gmen0820
04-27-2013, 07:21 PM
And people say we didnt draft need - Nassiblol

danme
04-27-2013, 07:29 PM
you act like dan connor isnt the answer at MLB. :) I don't feel he is the answer - He may and I say MAY be a stop gap player but there is a reason he wasn't re-signed with Dallas (Yae Yae I know they didn't have a lot of money) but he isn't the answer especially in the early part of the season -- He has to learn a whole new Defensive Scheme -- He will also be the guy that everyone on that defense looks to in the huddle. It takes time to build a trust in a guy -- especially a guy wha is basically the leader of the defense. He also has to be able to adjust the defense on the fly -- That all takes time

FBomb
04-27-2013, 07:31 PM
F-....they didn't pick ANYONE from my mock draft!!! Stoopid Imgrate!

drewz
04-27-2013, 07:35 PM
C-

yall better pray Corey Webster isn't half as bad as he was last year, or else it's gonna be a long year when everyone is throwing all over us.

Carter.525
04-27-2013, 07:37 PM
N..... for Nassib

Cloud57
C-

Eli TO Shockey
F-....they didn't pick ANYONE from my mock draft!!! Stoopid Imgrate!

lol . NO MLB AND NO CORNERBACKS! SKY IS FALLING!!!

Eli TO Shockey
04-27-2013, 07:39 PM
I don't feel he is the answer - He may and I say MAY be a stop gap player but there is a reason he wasn't re-signed with Dallas (Yae Yae I know they didn't have a lot of money) but he isn't the answer especially in the early part of the season -- He has to learn a whole new Defensive Scheme -- He will also be the guy that everyone on that defense looks to in the huddle. It takes time to build a trust in a guy -- especially a guy wha is basically the leader of the defense. He also has to be able to adjust the defense on the fly -- That all takes time

Yea I agree. I was being sarcastic. Dan conner is avg at best and im not comfortable with him in the middle. Really hope Dansby brings his price down and comes here.

Eli TO Shockey
04-27-2013, 07:40 PM
C-

yall better pray Corey Webster isn't half as bad as he was last year, or else it's gonna be a long year when everyone is throwing all over us.

I dont think our CB group will be as bad as people think. But yea I agree..I really hope Cweb gets his career back on track.

danme
04-27-2013, 07:41 PM
C-

yall better pray Corey Webster isn't half as bad as he was last year, or else it's gonna be a long year when everyone is throwing all over us. Drewz ---- Webster isn't a Bad Corner -- He had a bad year but then again with little or no Pass rush from the front 7 didn't help him either. Why does 90% of this board have NO LOVE For Webster -- He did play hurt most of last season -- He also had GREAT POSITION in coverage on almost every play -- Sometimes the ball just get caught -- Would You rather have Pass Interference plays when Good Coverage doesn't work?? I must again say the Front 7 didn't do their job most of the season either -- PASS RUSH HELPS COVERAGE Period end of story

Sean Montemayor
04-27-2013, 07:43 PM
B+ until I see them play.

Sean Montemayor
04-27-2013, 07:44 PM
Drewz ---- Webster isn't a Bad Corner -- He had a bad year but then again with little or no Pass rush from the front 7 didn't help him either. Why does 90% of this board have NO LOVE For Webster -- He did play hurt most of last season -- He also had GREAT POSITION in coverage on almost every play -- Sometimes the ball just get caught -- Would You rather have Pass Interference plays when Good Coverage doesn't work?? I must again say the Front 7 didn't do their job most of the season either -- PASS RUSH HELPS COVERAGE Period end of story+1

danme
04-27-2013, 07:46 PM
+1 Thank You Sean -- Appreciate the acknowledgement and the agree Peace
Dan

Martyr
04-27-2013, 07:48 PM
Overall I am happy with it. I like the how the Giants went heavy on Oline & Dline, I might not agree with the players picked but i'm not draft nick.

drewz
04-27-2013, 07:48 PM
Drewz ---- Webster isn't a Bad Corner -- He had a bad year but then again with little or no Pass rush from the front 7 didn't help him either. Why does 90% of this board have NO LOVE For Webster -- He did play hurt most of last season -- He also had GREAT POSITION in coverage on almost every play -- Sometimes the ball just get caught -- Would You rather have Pass Interference plays when Good Coverage doesn't work?? I must again say the Front 7 didn't do their job most of the season either -- PASS RUSH HELPS COVERAGE Period end of story

Whatever, Corey Webster was getting beat all season long with an injury that had nothing to do with his legs.

Eli TO Shockey
04-27-2013, 07:51 PM
lets not give cweb a pass. He was god awful last year.

slipknottin
04-27-2013, 07:54 PM
Whatever, Corey Webster was getting beat all season long with an injury that had nothing to do with his legs.

Seems to be related though, any injury for webster, no matter how minor, and hes terrible.

Maybe he has trouble mentally blocking out the injury and focusing on his play.

Drez
04-27-2013, 08:07 PM
Whatever, Corey Webster was getting beat all season long with an injury that had nothing to do with his legs.Yeah, a broken hand won't affect your ability to break up a pass.

Oh, he had an issue with his hammy the second half of the season.

drewz
04-27-2013, 08:19 PM
Yeah, a broken hand won't affect your ability to break up a pass.

Oh, he had an issue with his hammy the second half of the season.

Yeah ok, there was nothing wrong with his play at all. It was all injuries.

LOL ok

bearbryant
04-27-2013, 08:19 PM
Thank God we use the BPA method in drafting otherwise we would have gotten a "A", but instead we score a C until I watch the first 8 games.

drewz
04-27-2013, 08:22 PM
BTW, Prince has yet to play a full season. Hosley was almost as injured as Prince was last year. My frustrations with secondary extend beyond Corey Webster. Wait, let me save ya'll from saying it,

We got Aaron Ross to step in, no need to worry.. because we won a superbowl with him!

giantsfam04
04-27-2013, 08:32 PM

I care about time within 10 yards, the game is played in a 10 yard window. I never time the full 40 I get it from someone else

Tom Coughlin at the combine this year.

Drez
04-27-2013, 08:33 PM
Yeah ok, there was nothing wrong with his play at all. It was all injuries.

LOL okI wasn't saying he played well. I just corrected the factual errors in your post. A broken hand will affect CB play, and Webster did, in fact, have something wrong with his leg in the latter half of the year. Not my fault that you are wrong about that.

slipknottin
04-27-2013, 08:42 PM
I care about time within 10 yards, the game is played in a 10 yard window. I never time the full 40 I get it from someone else

Tom Coughlin at the combine this year.

Then its just as disappointing, nobody ran a good 10 yard either.

BigBlue1971
04-27-2013, 08:47 PM
I give them a B!

Pugh and Moore alone get to that grade!