PDA

View Full Version : The oddest draft in Giants history?

Rudyy
04-27-2013, 08:15 PM
Would you say this was the oddest/most unexpecting draft?

Eli TO Shockey
04-27-2013, 08:16 PM
agreed. The Nassib pick especially. I like our draft. Beefed up the trenches.

Carter.525
04-27-2013, 08:17 PM
Yes, very odd

Cloud57
The most unexciting unpredictable draft in Giants history

P_Simms_#11
Affirmative.

Breezely
04-27-2013, 08:19 PM
I would say the whole draft was strange!!!!!!!! Very strange.

M00KIE
04-27-2013, 08:33 PM
I don't think so. Seems to be a normal JR draft. Take the BPA according to their scouting (rather than ours ;) )

We needed help on the lines, got it. We need a viable backup QB for the future (Carr will be gone next year for sure, if he even makes it through this camp). We need some S help, we got a prospect late. Did we get that star LB? No, but I don't think there were many stand outs this year anyways.

Lets see what undrafted we sign as well as camp casualties before rushing to judgement.

Rush4Blitz2
04-27-2013, 08:33 PM
If by strange you mean the media getting ahead of themselves self proclaiming certain players without any true information from GM's and scouts then yes, this was a very strange draft.

gumby74
04-27-2013, 08:34 PM
i'd say so. i'm still scratching my head ...

slipknottin
04-27-2013, 08:36 PM
Most boring giants draft of all time? They didnt add a single playmaker(at least not any who will play, Nassib), nobody who can really run.

Oh well, they hopefully upgrade the trenches a bit, and we dont have another draft like this for awhile.

darrin99
04-27-2013, 08:36 PM
Very predictable in here. ;)

foxie
04-27-2013, 09:56 PM
It's hard to get excited when the big shot , your #1 is a OT/G, good pick though, a big need. and a pick of NO apparent need in still valuable 4th round of a QB, who will hold a clipboard for the next couple years (barring Eli catastrophe), though he seems like real value & upside, a capable backup-how many games are Carr going to win in a playoff run w/ Eli going down. So All in All, a balloon deflating, but needed & probably wise draft, truly testing "in Reese we trust" IMHO

ashleymarie
04-27-2013, 10:07 PM
Pretty much.

GiantsFan27
04-27-2013, 10:10 PM
Most boring giants draft of all time? They didnt add a single playmaker(at least not any who will play, Nassib), nobody who can really run.

Oh well, they hopefully upgrade the trenches a bit, and we dont have another draft like this for awhile.

they added some playmakers last year with wilson and randle. hosley can be a playmaker too. last year's draft we got the sexy picks. this year we got lineman.

penguinfarmer
04-27-2013, 10:14 PM
It's always odd when I know each and every pick of the other NFC East teams, but don't know our own. Not even upset. Just would be nice to play football games now that this forum is about to explode.

foxie
04-27-2013, 10:24 PM
It's hard to get excited when the big shot , your #1 is a OT/G, good pick though, a big need. and a pick of NO apparent need in still valuable 4th round of a QB, who will hold a clipboard for the next couple years (barring Eli catastrophe), though he seems like real value & upside, a capable backup-how many games are Carr going to win in a playoff run w/ Eli going down. So All in All, a balloon deflating, but needed & probably wise draft, truly testing "in Reese we trust" IMHOAdding to the gloom was we gave up our 6th round pick, to go after our no need pick of Nassib, 7th round is a coin toss with UDFA, so it was all basically all over after Rd 5...so much for All the hype...

Roosevelt
04-27-2013, 10:49 PM

Yes, and that will make this draft class most interesting to watch.

ALLnygIN
04-27-2013, 11:11 PM
I'm not excited about anything or anyone. I really don't expect much from anyone with the excption of Pough and thats becuase he's an immediate upgrade and i'm sick of deihls bs. I think we could have scored some solid players, but I don't see them being all that effective, but than again I'm not a scout, I'm just a man with an opinion that quite litterally means nothing. I'm usually right though.

Captain Chaos
04-27-2013, 11:17 PM
The most surprising thing about this draft was every pick the G'men made I was surprised at who they selected. I think I scrunched my face up too, weird!

pino
04-28-2013, 12:31 AM
It was an odd draft for the NFL not just the Giants.

I like our draft. We addressed both sides of the line and added value at the end. I don't even care what people think about Nassib. The Giants know what they are doing. If your pick wasn't selected then there was probably a good reason for it. These guys interview the players. They see more film than us. They have more data and metrics than us. They understand the Giants direction better than us.

I'm just excited for these new guys, and I can't wait for the new season to begin. I feel MUCH better about our D and O lines.

Let's get it Giants!

jintsfan666
04-28-2013, 12:47 AM
I knew nothing about Nassib. But the fact that we gave up a pick for him tells me it was a planned strategic move for a guy we wanted. Not seat of the pants panic like the boys first round trade back because all their hopefuls disappeared and left them unprepared for that possibility. Giving up your 6th round pick to move up is hugely different than the boys giving up their 1st to pick up a third and very late 1st. Time will tell what Reese's plans are for this qb.

Rudyy
04-28-2013, 12:56 AM
I just thought it was funny when the majority of posters were like "who??" "Huh?!". Because they had NO idea who the pick was.

mrg3
04-28-2013, 01:28 AM
Rocky Thompson. Wait to Camp and the season to judge this Draft.

StrahanSoup92
04-28-2013, 01:33 AM

I know this isnt the first time Ive read a post like this after the draft.

Rudyy
04-28-2013, 02:09 AM
I know this isnt the first time Ive read a post like this after the draft.So maybe it wasn't the oddest draft!

Giantz4Life
04-28-2013, 03:54 AM
I just thought it was funny when the majority of posters were like "who??" "Huh?!". Because they had NO idea who the pick was.

That was me for our whole entire draft. I really don't follow college football prospects aside from the first rounders so I only know what I am told. I do my research after the picks are made.

I have to say it was odd but I also did not know what to expect. I ain't even gonna lie - I had no idea who Justin Pugh was when they called his name.

Rat_bastich
04-28-2013, 04:28 AM
Nah, it wasn't odd. Fans fall in love with the idea of certain players being picked by the Giants...I do it every draft... and the Giants don't. When the first day is over and ESPN and NFL Network grade teams on their first day draft they usually talk about the greatest draft being conducted by teams with multiple first round picks(this year was Minnesota). The Giants will never rank up there because they pick projects and lunch pail guys a majority of the time.

PRGiant
04-28-2013, 04:39 AM
If Diehl is not starting it was a good draft...

crooza172
04-28-2013, 08:53 AM
If it was odd, it means its a typical Giants draft.

B&RWarrior
04-28-2013, 05:07 PM
I think I've been crying for 3 drafts for a clogger at DTand Oline help. We got both in this draft. Cooper will be player for the Giants and I'm talking more than special teams. I LOOOOOOOOOOOVEEEE THIS DRAFT!!!!!

giantscolombia
04-29-2013, 03:22 PM
I don't think so. Seems to be a normal JR draft. Take the BPA according to their scouting (rather than ours ;) )

We needed help on the lines, got it. We need a viable backup QB for the future (Carr will be gone next year for sure, if he even makes it through this camp). We need some S help, we got a prospect late. Did we get that star LB? No, but I don't think there were many stand outs this year anyways.

Lets see what undrafted we sign as well as camp casualties before rushing to judgement.

This seems to be exactly on point...