PDA

View Full Version : who else is mad we passed over Kaseem Green in the 4TH and took Nassib?????

BigJ
04-27-2013, 09:40 PM
We finally had a shot at a line backer that fell. We actually need a line backer most people thought he would be gone by the second or 3rd and we finally had a chance to take a home town guy and a player we can desperately use and JR passes over him, not only passes on him but picks a QB. Somthing we need the least over somthing we need the most. I really don't like this pick.

Carter.525
04-27-2013, 09:40 PM
me.. I am mad!

slipknottin
04-27-2013, 09:41 PM
Greene isnt that good. Sheesh

BlessedinBlue22
04-27-2013, 09:41 PM
I feel your pain. I think we shoulda went Greene there, he was more of a need. Has the athleticism, similar player to Jarvis Jones.

Carter.525
04-27-2013, 09:42 PM
Greene in the 4th.. Would have been a great value

BlessedinBlue22
04-27-2013, 09:42 PM
was selected right after we picked Nassib too.

slipknottin
04-27-2013, 09:43 PM
I feel your pain. I think we shoulda went Greene there, he was more of a need. Has the athleticism, similar player to Jarvis Jones.

no

jaxnygmen
04-27-2013, 09:45 PM
Not much makes sense of the draft. We pass on Floyd in first but take a DT in second. Floyd can play DT and/or DE and is more agile and quicker. The OL might have been there in the second. We move up in fourth to grab a QB who will be on the practice squad. Plus he is not even as good as barkley who we could have moved up for. Reese has yet again neglected the LB position in another draft. We have not had that solid mike in how many years. Granted we have won super bowls because of a mean DL but we get exposed far to often at LB.

slipknottin
04-27-2013, 09:46 PM
The OL might have been there in the second

The OL wouldnt have lasted one pick after the giants, bears would have taken him at 20.

BlessedinBlue22
04-27-2013, 09:47 PM
^^ says the GM of the Bears.

TheEnigma
04-27-2013, 09:53 PM
Greene is madly overrated on these boards lol.

BigBlue1971
04-27-2013, 09:54 PM
between Nassib and Greene Nassib has to be the choice!

one of his o-linemen in college was drafted earlier by the same team!

whats there not like about Nassib? could end up making sense!

Carter.525
04-27-2013, 09:55 PM
Greene is madly overrated on these boards lol.yea, who wants the 2 time Big East defensive player of the year..(in the 4th)

NorwoodBlue
04-27-2013, 09:55 PM
We finally had a shot at a line backer that fell. We actually need a line backer most people thought he would be gone by the second or 3rd and we finally had a chance to take a home town guy and a player we can desperately use and JR passes over him, not only passes on him but picks a QB. Somthing we need the least over somthing we need the most. I really don't like this pick.

Green was just barely in most top 100 lists that I saw. We have a definite depth problem at QB with Eli at 32 and Carr at 34. It's way past time to get a young QB on the roster for that day when Eli can't start. We've been spoiled by Eli's durability. That can all come crashing down very quickly, just ask Indy.

Fortunately JR runs the show and not the whiners on this board who wanted another special teams caliber LB.

myles2424
04-27-2013, 09:56 PM
Greene isnt that good. Sheesh

"most had 2nd-3rd round grade on the guy" - mike mayock, when he was picked

TheEnigma
04-27-2013, 09:56 PM
yea, who wants the 2 time Big East defensive player of the year..(in the 4th)

I could care less about college accomplishments personally. It's all about how they project to the NFL.

slipknottin
04-27-2013, 09:57 PM
"most had 2nd-3rd round grade on the guy" - mike mayock, when he was picked

Right, so lots of teams thought he was a 3rd rounder, and everyone here was dying to grab him early 4th?

Its not like he was some first round talent.

Plus hes just more of the same, a weakside run and chase guy.

CTsREVENGE
04-27-2013, 10:06 PM
I could care less about college accomplishments personally. It's all about how they project to the NFL. That does really make sense. If you mean individual accomplishments than I can see what you mean to some degree. But, in essence, isn't the entire draft based off of how well players played? Or in other words what they accomplished during their college careers? Otherwise players would just be drafted on physical parameters.

slipknottin
04-27-2013, 10:09 PM
That does really make sense. If you mean individual accomplishments than I can see what you mean to some degree. But, in essence, isn't the entire draft based off of how well players played? Or in other words what they accomplished during their college careers? Otherwise players would just be drafted on physical parameters.

college production is only part of it. Tebow was a complete beast in college, hes a non factor in the NFL

rebelfan1966
04-27-2013, 10:10 PM
Eli better watch out...

TheEnigma
04-27-2013, 10:12 PM
college production is only part of it. Tebow was a complete beast in college, hes a non factor in the NFL

Greg Jones was a really top notch linebacker in college and he didn't even make a scratch in the NFL would be a good Giants example.

Carter.525
04-27-2013, 10:13 PM
college production is only part of it. Tebow was a complete beast in college, hes a non factor in the NFLWe're talking about the 4th round.. Not the 1st, Would be a great value Greene was all over the field making plays at Rutgers..

maybe I'm just a Greene homer..

slipknottin
04-27-2013, 10:14 PM
We're talking about the 4th round.. Not the 1st, Would be a great value Greene was all over the field making plays at Rutgers..

maybe I'm just a Greene homer..

Oh it could have been decent value, Im just not sure the giants needed another weakside guy, they have a bunch. They need a stack and shed guy to play middle, or a bigger more physical guy to play SAM

Carter.525
04-27-2013, 10:16 PM
Giants LBs make no splash plays.. I just would have loved to add Greene, Ogletree or Arthur Brown

slipknottin
04-27-2013, 10:19 PM
Giants LBs make no splash plays.. I just would have loved to add Greene, Ogletree or Arthur Brown

Ogletree and Greene are just strictly weakside guys though. Brown at least could play inside.

BigJ
04-27-2013, 10:34 PM
I could care less about college accomplishments personally. It's all about how they project to the NFL. ok well you get those accomplishments by being a good player on the field. He didn't get those awards during on the bench or doing the best at the combine. He got them on the field were it counts.

Flip Empty
04-27-2013, 10:38 PM
We move up in fourth to grab a QB who will be on the practice squad.
If he was placed on the practice squad, another team would sign him instantly. He'll either make the roster or get cut. I doubt it'll be the latter.

BigJ
04-27-2013, 10:39 PM
And you guys can say what you want but the fact is we picked a a backup QB over a line backer that can compete to start on this team. We do have Eli Manning. I don't know what some of you are actually exited about getting Nassib, he'll obviously never see the field. Best possible solution is we trade him f for something down the line

EliIsTheBaas
04-27-2013, 10:40 PM
This is not that out of the ordinary. The Patriots have Mallet, Eagles have Foles, the Redskins took Cousins in the same draft as RG3 of all things. Look what starved teams will do for qbs these days, Kevin Kolb and Matt Flynn didn't exactly go for cheap. I'm not a huge fan of the pick, but i get it. I'm not sure what everyone makes such a big deal about the first two picks. It's clear we needed someone who could play tackle, and with the huge run on offensive linemen Pugh was the best on the board with a significant drop off after him. As for Hankins, we couldn't stop the run with **** last year, is a run stuffing DT really a bad pick when you consider it as a boost to our run defense? I think this was a great draft, we improved at OL, improved our run defense as well as DE depth and much needed pass rush. Nassib could provide a ransom down the road, and then we have a massive safety who will probably move to LB and aid in coverage against big tight ends. This was a great draft, trust the process, it's better than you think.

FlyingTruck
04-27-2013, 10:41 PM
You morons act like every linebacker that we've passed on has become pro bowlers or something. A matter a fact, most of the linebackers you guys have been high on in the last few drafts haven't amounted to much. So relax. There hasn't been a single pro bowl caliber linebacker that we have passed on in the last few drafts.

joemorrisforprez
04-27-2013, 10:41 PM
We're talking about the 4th round.. Not the 1st, Would be a great value Greene was all over the field making plays at Rutgers..maybe I'm just a Greene homer.. I agree. As a Rutgers alumni I have watched many of their games. Greene was a major factor in a very good Rutgers defense. And his speed, range, and cover skills make him an excellent prospect in a cover-2 defense.There is a reason why the bears had the #5 defense and the giants had the #31 defense.....be because they put a much higher emphasis on linebackers who can fly.The giants drafted a kid who will be carrying a clipboard. The bears drafted a linebacker who can blanket a tight end and chase down guys like RG3, Kaepernick, Vick and Russell Wilson

Flip Empty
04-27-2013, 10:44 PM
he'll obviously never see the field.
We don't know that. History has shown that every quarterback gets hurt somewhere along the line. No-one is invincible.

BigJ
04-27-2013, 10:45 PM
And someone mentioned before we moved up to grab a QB of all positions and we pass over Shariff Floyd in the first to just grab a DT in the second who wont bring what Floyd could to this Defense i was amazed that we passed on him also

FlyingTruck
04-27-2013, 10:48 PM
And someone mentioned before we moved up to grab a QB of all positions and we pass over Shariff Floyd in the first to just grab a DT in the second who wont bring what Floyd could to this Defense i was amazed that we passed on him alsoNO one knows what any of these players will bring to any team. They are UNPROVEN ROOKIES. How about we all wait until after this season to really see what's up?

joemorrisforprez
04-27-2013, 10:52 PM
And someone mentioned before we moved up to grab a QB of all positions and we pass over Shariff Floyd in the first to just grab a DT in the second who wont bring what Floyd could to this Defense i was amazed that we passed on him alsoWe went into this draft needing alot of help at OL and LB. Unless Moore and cooper are converted to linebacker, I would argue that they neglected to address a huge need going into the draft.Maybe Reese will do something else in free agency, but if Dan Connor was the solution I don't see this defense riding up from its doormat status of 2012.

BigJ
04-27-2013, 10:54 PM
We don't know that. History has shown that every quarterback gets hurt somewhere along the line. No-one is invincible.Thats true and its great to have a good back up. But i guess its more of the fact the Green was on the board alll the way in the 4th and we didnt take him when we could use him considering our lbers are terrible.

BigJ
04-27-2013, 10:56 PM
We went into this draft needing alot of help at OL and LB. Unless Moore and cooper are converted to linebacker, I would argue that they neglected to address a huge need going into the draft.Maybe Reese will do something else in free agency, but if Dan Connor was the solution I don't see this defense riding up from its doormat status of 2012. The problem is tgey look at Connor as the solution when alls he is is a career backup.

Drez
04-27-2013, 11:01 PM
The OL wouldnt have lasted one pick after the giants, bears would have taken him at 20.And if not the Bears the Cowboys would have.

Drez
04-27-2013, 11:01 PM
The problem is tgey look at Connor as the solution when alls he is is a career backup.He's a stopgap. The FO doesn't think he's a long term solution.

BigJ
04-27-2013, 11:03 PM
You morons act like every linebacker that we've passed on has become pro bowlers or something. A matter a fact, most of the linebackers you guys have been high on in the last few drafts haven't amounted to much. So relax. There hasn't been a single pro bowl caliber linebacker that we have passed on in the last few drafts. "THERE HASNT BEEN A SINGLE PRO BOWL CALIBER LINEBACKER THAT WE HAVE PASSED "ON are you kidding me haha alls we do is pass on linebackers. There are a bunch of good linebackers we never take that are pro bowl caliber. You are the moron. Its more of the fact with Kaseem that we passed over him all the way in the 4th round. Thats a great 4th round pick considering our lb situation. We are talking about a 4th not a first or second round pick here

Drez
04-27-2013, 11:04 PM
If he was placed on the practice squad, another team would sign him instantly. He'll either make the roster or get cut. I doubt it'll be the latter.Something I said would never happen may happen; we will probably carry 3 QBs on the roster this season.

TennisMenace
04-27-2013, 11:28 PM
We need someone new to carry the clipboard for the next 4 years.

bearbryant
04-28-2013, 12:02 AM
We'll carry 2 QB's. We never should have wasted the pick on a "never play a down in NY". Rohmer, Lorenzen, Palmer. It doesn't stop. I didn't want greene, would have been happy with ogletree or Jones

Flip Empty
04-28-2013, 12:18 AM
We need someone new to carry the clipboard for the next 4 years.
Eli is only under contract for another three years. Anything can happen during that span. Say Eli regresses and the (presumably new) 2016 coaching staff wishes to go in a different direction? We just don't know.

We'll carry 2 QB's. We never should have wasted the pick on a "never play a down in NY". Rohmer, Lorenzen, Palmer. It doesn't stop. I didn't want greene, would have been happy with ogletree or Jones
I don't think they'd feel safe going into a season with a rookie as the only other quarterback. Keeping three would make sense, but at the expense of which other position, I'm not sure.

Drez
04-28-2013, 12:20 AM
Eli is only under contract for another three years. Anything can happen during that span. Say Eli regresses and the (presumably new) 2016 coaching staff wishes to go in a different direction? We just don't know.

I don't think they'd feel safe going into a season with a rookie as the only other quarterback. Keeping three would make sense, but at the expense of which other position, I'm not sure.We have a lot of DT and S on the roster right now.

joemorrisforprez
04-28-2013, 12:28 AM
He's a stopgap. The FO doesn't think he's a long term solution.Yeah we need him to hold down the fort on this 31st ranked defense until a younger mediocre replacement can be found. Pure genius right there.

M00KIE
04-28-2013, 12:32 AM
"THERE HASNT BEEN A SINGLE PRO BOWL CALIBER LINEBACKER THAT WE HAVE PASSED "ON are you kidding me haha alls we do is pass on linebackers. There are a bunch of good linebackers we never take that are pro bowl caliber. You are the moron. Its more of the fact with Kaseem that we passed over him all the way in the 4th round. Thats a great 4th round pick considering our lb situation. We are talking about a 4th not a first or second round pick here

Cloud57
04-28-2013, 12:33 AM
Greene is not that good any won't make any difference on this defense

jomo
04-28-2013, 12:38 AM
I've got no problem with it.

Drez
04-28-2013, 12:45 AM
Yeah we need him to hold down the fort on this 31st ranked defense until a younger mediocre replacement can be found. Pure genius right there.If LB play is so important to you go be a fan of the Bears or Steelers fan, then.

Drez
04-28-2013, 12:47 AM
I've got no problem with it.I went on record last night that I wouldn't mind if we picked up a Qb that could either serve as a long term back up or potential trade bait. I would have preferred we didn't trade up to do so

RichGiants81
04-28-2013, 12:53 AM
^^ says the GM of the Bears.
Yeah that dude thinks he knows everything it's so anniying

Drez
04-28-2013, 01:08 AM
Yeah that dude thinks he knows everything it's so anniyingPugh still wouldn't have made it past the Cowboys even if the Bears didn't take him.

joemorrisforprez
04-28-2013, 01:09 AM
If LB play is so important to you go be a fan of the Bears or Steelers fan, then.

LB play is important to me....without it, the defense suffers. See 2012 for a perfect example.

In 2007, the Giants had Kawika Mitchell and Antonio Pierce.....they were good, not great LBs. In 2011, Boley and Blackburn had good seasons....Boley had a bad season in 2012, and Chase simply didn't have the speed, nor any help from the front 4.

This notion that we can get by with the front 4 is a complete fantasy.

Drez
04-28-2013, 01:10 AM
LB play is important to me....without it, the defense suffers. See 2012 for a perfect example.2012 was more about the DL not playing well. We go as the DL goes, not the LBs.

JJC7301
04-28-2013, 01:22 AM
I understand the value with Nassib in the 4th, but I would rather have had Green.

And I would have rather have taken Okafor in the 3rd than Moore.

Carter.525
04-28-2013, 01:24 AM
I understand the value with Nassib in the 4th, but I would rather have had Green.And I would have rather have taken Okafor in the 3rd than Moore.yea I like Okafor also, but at that point I'm happy we got either

joemorrisforprez
04-28-2013, 01:25 AM
2012 was more about the DL not playing well. We go as the DL goes, not the LBs.

In 2011, the defense looked completely lost until Blackburn was re-signed off his living room couch. The turnaround began during that Green Bay game.

In 2011, Boley was a stud. In 2012, his play sagged along with Tuck, Webster, Canty, etc.

In 2007, Kawika Mitchell made an impact, and Antonio Pierce was arguably the best linebacker we've had since Armstead.

I'm not going to minimize the importance of the defensive line, especially in a 4-3. But I looking at this defense going into 2013, if someone had to pick a weak spot, surely it's linebacker.

If Moore and/or Cooper can get worked into a conversion/hybrid role that allows them to either be linebackers or handle some of their chores (covering TE, covering RB in flat, ranging sideline-sideline, things look alot better.

Drez
04-28-2013, 01:33 AM
In 2011, the defense looked completely lost until Blackburn was re-signed off his living room couch. The turnaround began during that Green Bay game.

In 2011, Boley was a stud. In 2012, his play sagged along with Tuck, Webster, Canty, etc.

In 2007, Kawika Mitchell made an impact, and Antonio Pierce was arguably the best linebacker we've had since Armstead.

I'm not going to minimize the importance of the defensive line, especially in a 4-3. But I looking at this defense going into 2013, if someone had to pick a weak spot, surely it's linebacker.

If Moore and/or Cooper can get worked into a conversion/hybrid role that allows them to either be linebackers or handle some of their chores (covering TE, covering RB in flat, ranging sideline-sideline, things look alot better.You can live in your little fantasy world where it was the LBs that made those defenses. The rest of out here in the real world will still know that it was the defensive line (and in particular the DEs) that made those defenses tick.

joemorrisforprez
04-28-2013, 01:36 AM
You can live in your little fantasy world where it was the LBs that made those defenses. The rest of out here in the real world will still know that it was the defensive line (and in particular the DEs) that made those defenses tick.

You're the one that is completely discounting the importance of the linebacker position. Hope you enjoyed last season, because that's reality.

FlyingTruck
04-28-2013, 01:39 AM
LB play is important to me....without it, the defense suffers. See 2012 for a perfect example.

In 2007, the Giants had Kawika Mitchell and Antonio Pierce.....they were good, not great LBs. In 2011, Boley and Blackburn had good seasons....Boley had a bad season in 2012, and Chase simply didn't have the speed, nor any help from the front 4.

This notion that we can get by with the front 4 is a complete fantasy.ERRRRRR WRONG! Any defensive success we've had has been because of our front 4 rotation.

joemorrisforprez
04-28-2013, 01:46 AM
ERRRRRR WRONG! Any defensive success we've had has been because of our front 4 rotation.

I've never said the DE's weren't important. My point is that this defense needs solid play out of their linebackers.....that was the case in 2007 and 2011.

Fact is, Mitchell and Pierce were very important players in 2007, and Boley and Blackburn in 2011.

BigJ
04-28-2013, 02:37 AM
If LB play is so important to you go be a fan of the Bears or Steelers fan, then. What? Who the he'll says that haha. Is it wrong to want a linebacker that makes an impact?? Could you imagine what it would be like to have a guy like Pat Willis with this Dline.... Its a very weak position on this team. The Dline can't do it all. Who wouldn't want an impact line backer that's also a leader. Not saying Kaseem is that but that's the dumbest statement iv seen in a while. That's like someone complaining about RB and saying if running back is so important Y don't you just go be a Vikings fan already. What a dumb thing to say.... It will only help our D

joemorrisforprez
04-28-2013, 02:52 AM
What? Who the he'll says that haha. Is it wrong to want a linebacker that makes an impact?? Could you imagine what it would be like to have a guy like Pat Willis with this Dline.... Its a very weak position on this team. The Dline can't do it all. Who wouldn't want an impact line backer that's also a leader. Not saying Kaseem is that but that's the dumbest statement iv seen in a while. That's like someone complaining about RB and saying if running back is so important Y don't you just go be a Vikings fan already. What a dumb thing to say.... It will only help our D

You make an excellent point, but it's like talking to a brick wall with Drez. Anyone who appreciates good linebackers is living in a fantasy land, apparently.

I'm officially over it now. It is what it is. Maybe Moore and/or Cooper Taylor will step into a LB hybrid position, maybe Dan Connor takes a step up from his current career plateau. Maybe Dansby gets the look he deserves. Or maybe we get the UDFA Linebacker version of Victor Cruz in 2013.

Looking on the bright side, this Nassib kid looks like he can play, and in a best case scenario they have a long term succession plan for when Eli retires.

Whatever the case, this video mellowed me out.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3i0DMbCKnAg

PRGiant
04-28-2013, 05:00 AM
Oh it could have been decent value, Im just not sure the giants needed another weakside guy, they have a bunch. They need a stack and shed guy to play middle, or a bigger more physical guy to play SAM
That was my problem with Greene, he's a WILL, I don't see him as a MIKE at all and we have WILLs...

myles2424
04-28-2013, 05:05 AM
That was my problem with Greene, he's a WILL, I don't see him as a MIKE at all and we have WILLs...
As far as I'm concerned we need ANY good Lb, I don't care wich spot the guy would play....it's not like we have anyone good.....Williams is our best LB & that's not a good thing....Connor & rivers original teams did not shed any tears when they left....

idiotekniQues
04-28-2013, 12:03 PM
not mad in the slightest. nice pickup in the 4th. could be steal of the draft.

Carter.525
04-28-2013, 12:23 PM
I think we found our new Jeff Hostetler..

wideright91
04-28-2013, 12:46 PM
You morons act like every linebacker that we've passed on has become pro bowlers or something. A matter a fact, most of the linebackers you guys have been high on in the last few drafts haven't amounted to much. So relax. There hasn't been a single pro bowl caliber linebacker that we have passed on in the last few drafts.

Lavonte David last year comes to mind.

slipknottin
04-28-2013, 12:50 PM
Lavonte David last year comes to mind.

they didnt really pass on him though, unless you wanted to take him a full round earlier.. He went like 5 picks before the giants picked in the 2nd. Had he still been on the board, perhaps they take him.

wideright91
04-28-2013, 12:56 PM
they didnt really pass on him though, unless you wanted to take him a full round earlier.. He went like 5 picks before the giants picked in the 2nd. Had he still been on the board, perhaps they take him.

That's fair enough. Truck's statement was pretty declarative, though, and not strictly true.

slipknottin
04-28-2013, 12:58 PM
That's fair enough. Truck's statement was pretty declarative, though, and not strictly true.

yea, thats been my concern with these LBs the past couple drafts, they are always end of round/beginning of round guys, where the giants are picking in the middle.

Lavonte David was really the closest they have come to having value = need.

JumpSpeed88
04-28-2013, 01:04 PM
OMG! We passed over Kaseem Green? How could the giants do this, it makes absolutely no sense to pass over Kaseen Green! I am so pissed! THE GIANTS ARE MORONS FOR PASSING OVER KASEEM GREEN!!... Who's Kaseem Green?

BigJ
04-28-2013, 08:52 PM
OMG! We passed over Kaseem Green? How could the giants do this, it makes absolutely no sense to pass over Kaseen Green! I am so pissed! THE GIANTS ARE MORONS FOR PASSING OVER KASEEM GREEN!!... Who's Kaseem Green? yea who's Kaseem Green

BlessedinBlue22
04-28-2013, 09:00 PM
I thought for sure when they traded up it was for either Greene or Poyer.

BigJ
04-28-2013, 09:02 PM
not mad in the slightest. nice pickup in the 4th. could be steal of the draft. Explain to me how he is a steal, is he going to start over our Pro Bowl, 2 time super bowl MVP QB?? or is he gonna be the best backbup in history. Unless we use him as trade bait or he turns out like Aron Rodgers in 5 years its a waste of a pick. A veteran qb would do just fine for us behind Eli. i wouldnt call it a steal in anyway.