PDA

View Full Version : My gameplan for Osi

Coach Carter
12-29-2011, 08:28 PM
I would like to see Oi line up at LDE and rush against the RT of the Cowboys. I know their RT is a stud, but he does not usually see that type of speed and acceleration coming from a LDE. Osi said JPP should start, so I would like for Osi to backup both end spots during the game.

I don't want to see four defensive ends on the field, I want Canty and Joseph in on passing downs to collapse the pocket so Romo won't have clean feet.

Spizi
12-29-2011, 09:07 PM
As long as JPP starts over him I'm fine. And I hate when the put JPP at DT!! Put tuck there.

slipknottin
12-29-2011, 09:33 PM
Osi has never played LE.

I think that's a huge challenge for him, some guys just can not rush from both sides equally.

fewellmustgo
12-29-2011, 09:39 PM
I would like to see Oi line up at LDE and rush against the RT of the Cowboys. I know their RT is a stud, but he does not usually see that type of speed and acceleration coming from a LDE. Osi said JPP should start, so I would like for Osi to backup both end spots during the game.

I don't want to see four defensive ends on the field, I want Canty and Joseph in on passing downs to collapse the pocket so Romo won't have clean feet.

LDE is more of a power rushing spot. Osi is a speed rusher dont think he would do good there. Speed rushing works better when the QB dont see you. Put JPP with his power at LDE and Osi RDE when they are both in the game at the same time.

giantman8493
12-29-2011, 09:40 PM
I think tuck is better than osi.

Coach Carter
01-02-2012, 09:59 AM
Osi has never played LE.

I think that's a huge challenge for him, some guys just can not rush from both sides equally.

I was right, Fewell did line Osi up on the left side and he got a sack rushing from that side. Btw, Osi did play LDE in 2004 (http://www.nj.com/giants/index.ssf/2012/01/cowboys_vs_giants_tony_romo_pu.html).

Osi Umenyiora chuckled this week when he tried to recall the last time he lined up on the left side at defensive end. </p>

He paused for a moment, thinking back through his career, and estimated it was 2004. </p>

But he knew it was a possibility tonight given how well Jason
Pierre-Paul had played on the right side in his four-game absence and
Umenyiora said he would be up for the task if asked. And tonight he
didn’t look like it had been seven seasons as an already-potent pass
rush got a late-season boost. </p>

The Giants (http://www.nj.com/giants/) sacked Tony Romo
six times and could’ve had more had it not been for Romo’s ability to
slip past defenders to extend plays. Romo played well despite dealing
with a bruised right hand — he went 29-of-37 for 289 yards two
touchdowns, and an interception — but it came under consistent pressure
in the Giants’ 31-14 win. (http://www.nj.com/giants/index.ssf/2012/01/giants_trump_cowboys_31-14_to.html)</p>

Umenyiora, playing in his first game since sustaining a high-ankle
sprain against the Saints on Nov. 28, brought his trademark speed from
both sides, sacking Romo from the left in the second quarter and the
right in the third. They were Nos. 8 and 9 of the season for Umenyiora —
the second-most on the Giants despite missing half of the season due to
injury. </p>

“It was a little uncomfortable, but it was all right,” he said of playing left end.</p>

giantfanatic
01-02-2012, 10:07 AM
I noticed a stunt that led to his first sack. He went inside (runshing to his preferred right side) and Tuck went outside from his DT position. That worked well.

I also like to see Kiwi on that backer blitz. Lots to prepare for - that is for sure.

Coach Carter
01-02-2012, 10:11 AM
I noticed a stunt that led to his first sack. He went inside (runshing to his preferred right side) and Tuck went outside from his DT position. That worked well.

I also like to see Kiwi on that backer blitz. Lots to prepare for - that is for sure.

Fewell stunted Osi a lot last season freeing up other defenders to get sacks.

Voldamort
01-02-2012, 10:12 AM
It would never happen,he does not play the run!!!!!

Redeyejedi
01-02-2012, 10:13 AM
When U get all those pass rushers going this is a different team .