PDA

View Full Version : Any chance Jacobs and Osi are back next year?

53canton
12-29-2011, 10:33 PM
Personally I hope so. If we keep them, then we wont need to draft high at these positions.

I definetly want the draft to go: LB, CB, OL
in the first 3 rounds

fletch842
12-29-2011, 10:42 PM
They are both under contract for next year, so they could certainly return.

gmen0820
12-29-2011, 11:02 PM
Well there is certainly a chance. Jacobs will need to restructure or make his salary more cap friendly (more incentive packed).

Osi, I hope so. He is a nice tool to have and for his caliber or potential caliber, he really is coming at a bargain. I can't justify sending him off to Baltimore or Seattle or whoever for a third or fourth round pick.

giantman8493
12-29-2011, 11:05 PM
LOL obviously Jacobs will be back. Next to eli and Cruz he is our bet offensive weapon. OSI should be traded.

radar-ray
12-30-2011, 01:26 AM
Personally I hope so. If we keep them, then we wont need to draft high at these positions.

in the first 3 rounds Agree. I'm a big Osi, Bj fan. They bring much needed fire to the Giants attitudes.

giantyankee1976
12-30-2011, 09:27 AM
i still like Osi, even though he is a primmadonna. I'd like to see him retire a Giant to be honest.

i like twinkle toes, especially when he runs angry, where Eli is quiet and diplomatic, Jake's loud and barbaric.

yin yang-like

I'd like him to retire a Giant too

(I greatly look forward to Osi, Justin, Jason, Chris, Linval, Dave and Marvelous Marv in a front-4 rotation next season !!!)

yoeddy
12-30-2011, 09:30 AM
Well there is certainly a chance. Jacobs will need to restructure or make his salary more cap friendly (more incentive packed).

Osi, I hope so. He is a nice tool to have and for his caliber or potential caliber, he really is coming at a bargain. I can't justify sending him off to Baltimore or Seattle or whoever for a third or fourth round pick.

Jacobs already restructured, which helped the team re-sign Bradshaw. Hopefully they use him better next year...

TheEnigma
12-30-2011, 09:36 AM
It's too early to tell for good but my gut says that Jacobs has the better chance of staying. He's restructured to help the team and is one of the few vocal guys on this team.

Don't think we will know for certain really until the season is over and we see what we draft.

jomo
12-30-2011, 09:52 AM
It's too early to tell for good but my gut says that Jacobs has the better chance of staying. He's restructured to help the team and is one of the few vocal guys on this team. Don't think we will know for certain really until the season is over and we see what we draft.I agree, way too early to speculate especially with Dallas 2 days away.

SweetZombieJesus
12-30-2011, 10:01 AM
Osi is already gone, he punched his ticket out of town with that training camp holdout. He played every card he had to get more money and lost. Then on top of that the emergence of JPP seals it.

Just a few weeks ago we were all agreed Jacobs was gone, too much trouble, too much mouth, and little performance to back it up. Let's not let one or two good showings cloud that. IMO Jacobs and Bradshaw are both past their primes and RBs have short shelf lives, let's move on.

Carnage929
12-30-2011, 10:07 AM

in the first 3 rounds

No way we take a LB with our first pick. It'll be a DE or CB. Management doesn't value LB they way they do pass rushing beasts like JPP. If our DL plays the way it's supposed to and capable of we don't need a stud LB. If we do draft a LB with our first I will happily eat crow because we do need a stud LB badly. but it won't happen imo.

nhpgiantsfan
12-30-2011, 10:10 AM
IMO, Osi will be back next year because he will have no options. He is not going to get the contract he wants because he was hurt most of the season. He will probably be motivated to play hard next year to earn his last decent contract.</P>

I honestly hope Jacobs returns as well. He showed some real signs of brightness down the stretch here. And the fire he brings to this team is much needed. I am not a fan of having too many bigmouth hot heads on a team, but it's good to have one or two. I also think the problems we had with our running game this year are more due to our O-line and not our RB's.</P>

ryan12
12-30-2011, 10:15 AM
they are both GONE

burier
12-30-2011, 11:10 AM
Jacobs has already restructured so I think it will be tough sledding to ask him to do it again. It might boil down to how badly Jacobs wants to remain a Giant as I don't think the 4 mill I think it is that he's due next year is gonna fly.

The only scenario I see for Osi staying on the team is if he plans on retiring after next season which is entirely possible. In that case he might just take the money he's due and retire a Giant. If he thinks he's got some more years left in the tank then we will have to trade him and he's probably good for 4th at best so we may screwed the pooch by not trading him this year.

I still say try to package him with Tuck and move into the top 10 in the draft to get the Best linebacker out there if there is one out there.

To answer the question its possible..I wouldnt necessarily bet it on it.