PDA

View Full Version : Any hall of famers on the roster?

NY_Eli
12-29-2011, 09:50 PM
I'm curious if people think any current giant will be enshrined in canton when theyre through.

Seems to me like the top candidates would be Eli and JPP, though you never know what kind of career Nicks or Cruz could have.

What do you guys think?

NY_Eli
12-29-2011, 09:51 PM
And yes, I know JPP is only in his second year but im speculating based on talent

giantman8493
12-29-2011, 09:53 PM
I'm curious if people think any current giant will be enshrined in canton when theyre through.

Seems to me like the top candidates would be Eli and JPP, though you never know what kind of career Nicks or Cruz could have.

What do you guys think?I agree. Austin and Petrus i think will be hof too.

scf424
12-29-2011, 09:59 PM
The only feasible entry right now would be Eli, and even then, I think he'd need to keep his numbers at this level for a few years and win at least another championship.

giantsfan420
12-29-2011, 10:00 PM
well eli already has some special things to consider

one of 5 or 6 players in nfl history to have 7 straight years of at least 3000yds and 20+ tds, he is tied and will break Unitas/Peytons record for 4th quarter tds in a season, he has over 115 straight games starting that could end up to be a very special streak, Super Bowl MVP, will break every NYG QB record by the time he retires...if he can win another super bowl and play at this level for 5 or 6 more years which i def. think he'll be able to do, he'll be a lock imo.

JPP, Nicks, and Cruz all have the talent. but you have to be one of the elite at ur position and or own special records. JPP is already proven to be the class of the DE's in the league and he's so raw and young u cant help but think he could be one of those once in a generation type players.

Cruz and Nicks have already done special things, but will need to really really have breakout seasons for like 4 yrs in a row. for wr's, u really have to almost rewrite how the games played and how u have to defend them, Cruz I think represented that this year. If he can replicate what he did this year, and since hes young and so raw, i think he could and even improve, Cruz certainly could have a shot as well as Nicks.

PETRUS??AUSTIN??i'll settle for consistent starters before i even dream of thinking they'll be HOF'ers,

but still the four i said could, still have a ways to go. I think Eli truly could be enshrined but he will have to continue his games started streak, win another super bowl, and keep up his level of play bc if he plays another lets say 6 years at this level and can somehow stay healthy thruout, he will be threatening a lot of passing records.

Roosevelt
12-29-2011, 10:01 PM
No offense but how about we worry about this season first.

Enjoy the ride.

Roosevelt
12-29-2011, 10:03 PM

one of 5 or 6 players in nfl history to have 7 straight years of at least 3000yds and 20+ tds, he is tied and will break Unitas/Peytons record for 4th quarter tds in a season, he has over 115 straight games starting that could end up to be a very special streak, Super Bowl MVP, will break every NYG QB record by the time he retires...if he can win another super bowl and play at this level for 5 or 6 more years which i def. think he'll be able to do, he'll be a lock imo.

JPP, Nicks, and Cruz all have the talent. but you have to be one of the elite at ur position and or own special records. JPP is already proven to be the class of the DE's in the league and he's so raw and young u cant help but think he could be one of those once in a generation type players.

Cruz and Nicks have already done special things, but will need to really really have breakout seasons for like 4 yrs in a row. for wr's, u really have to almost rewrite how the games played and how u have to defend them, Cruz I think represented that this year. If he can replicate what he did this year, and since hes young and so raw, i think he could and even improve, Cruz certainly could have a shot as well as Nicks.

PETRUS??AUSTIN??i'll settle for consistent starters before i even dream of thinking they'll be HOF'ers,

but still the four i said could, still have a ways to go. I think Eli truly could be enshrined but he will have to continue his games started streak, win another super bowl, and keep up his level of play bc if he plays another lets say 6 years at this level and can somehow stay healthy thruout, he will be threatening a lot of passing records.

You're funny - in a Joe Pesci way.

Easy-Duz-It
12-29-2011, 10:05 PM
i think eli will get in if he wins another super bowl and continues his starting streak. maybe not first ballot, but i think he's got a better shot than simms, that's for sure. guess that doesn't say much though does it?

JPP, Nicks, Cruz and the Prince all have potential. not sure i really see any hall of famers anywhere else.

ultimately, it is clear that we have zero guaranteed hall of famers at this point. so the answer could also be none.

giantman8493
12-29-2011, 10:06 PM

but still the four i said could, still have a ways to go. I think Eli truly could be enshrined but he will have to continue his games started streak, win another super bowl, and keep up his level of play bc if he plays another lets say 6 years at this level and can somehow stay healthy thruout, he will be threatening a lot of passing records. Well if you analize the natural talent they are good enough for the hall. Better than Anyone else we ever had

nhpgiantsfan
12-29-2011, 10:07 PM
First off, the guy who said Austin and Petrus was making a joke, he was being sarcastic because you are talking about guys with 2 years in the league as potential hall of gamers. But I guess it has to be in red for anybody to get humor on this board. Eli is the only player right now on the team that warrants any HOF talk. If he continues putting up these numbers then he will probably get in even if he doesn't win another ring.

giantman8493
12-29-2011, 10:08 PM
First off, the guy who said Austin and Petrus was making a joke, he was being sarcastic because you are talking about guys with 2 years in the league as potential hall of gamers. But I guess it has to be in red for anybody to get humor on this board. Eli is the only player right now on the team that warrants any HOF talk. If he continues putting up these numbers then he will probably get in even if he doesn't win another ring...... "that guy" has a name...

giantsfan420
12-29-2011, 10:12 PM

whatever u say boss. its ur world we're all just living in it.

but i know i know, theres a discussion that involves giving credit to eli, and u cant have that, so "lets just worry about this season" and not dare to imagine what eli's career could end up like and possibly be a HOFer.

edit- i mean its a giants MB, and an OP asks a question that I responded to, so of course that warrants being compared to joe pesci for some reason.

"funny? what do you mean funny? funny like a clown? I'm funny like a clown? I amuse you? I'm here to amuse you?"

if that was your intent than thank you, joe pesci's the man.

fewellmustgo
12-29-2011, 10:14 PM
I think snee has a shot hes a 3x all pro and probably got another 5-10 years if he stays healthy.

Roosevelt
12-29-2011, 10:37 PM

but i know i know, theres a discussion that involves giving credit to eli, and u cant have that, so "lets just worry about this season" and not dare to imagine what eli's career could end up like and possibly be a HOFer.

edit- i mean its a giants MB, and an OP asks a question that I responded to, so of course that warrants being compared to joe pesci for some reason.

"funny? what do you mean funny? funny like a clown? I'm funny like a clown? I amuse you? I'm here to amuse you?"

No doubt Eli has a chance, but then again who doesn't?

You can put the horse before the cart all you want if that's what floats your boat, but I'm more concerned about what they ACTUALLY DO rather than what they MIGHT DO.

giantsfan420
12-29-2011, 10:53 PM

No doubt Eli has a chance, but then again who doesn't?
You can put the horse before the cart all you want if that's what floats your boat,* but I'm more concerned about what they ACTUALLY DO rather than what they MIGHT DO.

very true. but in regards to eli, he's ALREADY done some truly remarkable things. one of 5 players for 3000yds 20 plus tds in 7 straight seasons, 115 games plus starting in a row, super bowl mvp, tied with unitas and peyton and will prob break the tds in 4th quarter for a season, but i agree with u.

the other three players is pure conjuncture at this point, but with eli it is a fair question bc he's done some special things already. even the super bowl 4th quarter performance was only done by montana and he wasnt even down 4 in the final moments.

but i agree, and i look forward to the things eli will do for the gmen. hes already broken a lot of the giants records for passing.

and if u felt the way i quoted why did u even post in this thread anyways? to tell others not to? to show us how wise you are and to remind us how stupid we are? u know if u dont like the thread u dont have to respond right? maybe u should do that instead of call out some one or tell others how what they're doing is wrong according to ur point of view

TheEnigma
12-29-2011, 11:05 PM
I think Eli will need another ring to get in.

That said, JPP has the best chance to make it happen if he can keep up this level of play.

Cruz too but I want to see him do another season first.

C1010
12-29-2011, 11:06 PM
Eli will need more probowls, I think Chris Snee can even make case but he will need to rack up more probowls/all pro honors.

NY_Eli
12-30-2011, 01:08 AM

Enjoy the ride.

No offense but it was a harmless question. Of course I'm enjoying the ride.

giantsfan420
12-30-2011, 01:13 AM

Enjoy the ride.

No offense but it was a harmless question. Of course I'm enjoying the ride.
+1.

BurnerNYG
12-30-2011, 01:20 AM

if that was your intent than thank you, joe pesci's the man.Lol... you 2 are hilarious. I think Eli has the best chance and that'll be great for the Giants if he makes it.