PDA

View Full Version : Top 5s for 2014

Imgrate
04-29-2013, 05:39 PM
Now that the draft is over, lets look toward 2014. Who are you top 5 for each position?

Let's see how this changes from now and a year from now.

nycsportzfan
04-29-2013, 05:59 PM
Well, thats difficult to do this early, but i got a kid i like alot and its Ryan Shazior LB Ohio st.. Hes alittle undersized, but cat like quickness, instinctive, and would bring some nessecary team speed to the defense..

Carter.525
04-29-2013, 06:00 PM
Clowney
Johnny Football
Bridgewater
Lewan
Marqise Lee

nycsportzfan
04-29-2013, 06:00 PM
Of Course, Jaquain Williams could end that, with a big yr... CJ Mosley, the inside/outside LB from Bama is a personal fave of many, and i like alot, even for this past yr, had he come out.. Scott Chriton DE Oregon St is a kid i like alot.. I'll wait to do a top 5 for awhile... Louchiez Purifoy CB FLA is another interesting prospect..

Imgrate
04-29-2013, 06:02 PM
Well, thats difficult to do this early, but i got a kid i like alot and its Ryan Shazior LB Ohio st.. Hes alittle undersized, but cat like quickness, instinctive, and would bring some nessecary team speed to the defense..

How do you think Mike Evans (wr a&m) stacks up against lee and watkins. Similarly, charles sims vs kadeem carey vs deanthony thomas? Then theres all the LTs. Should be a great offensive draft at the top end next year, no?

TheAnalyst
04-29-2013, 06:29 PM
Already?

Clowny/Bridgewater will battle for #1 all year.

nycsportzfan
04-29-2013, 06:37 PM
How do you think Mike Evans (wr a&m) stacks up against lee and watkins. Similarly, charles sims vs kadeem carey vs deanthony thomas? Then theres all the LTs. Should be a great offensive draft at the top end next year, no? I gotta start doing my research, but Kadeem Carey is much more a compactly build RB then Deanthony Thomas, and seems like a guy who can run between the tackles alot more then Thomas on the NFL level, and handle more of a workload.. Thomas could be a dangerous 3rd down back, capable of change of pace, and catching the football outta the backfield and is kinda next yrs Percy Harvin/Tavon Austin type.. Kadeem Carey reminds me some of Jonathan Franklin...

slipknottin
04-29-2013, 06:54 PM
Already?

Clowny/Bridgewater will battle for #1 all year.

Its not even close talent wise. But need for QB will probably trump.

Its a shame though, because Clowney is the best defensive prospect ever.

Tuitt another DE who can go top 5.

BlueSabbath
04-29-2013, 07:14 PM
#1. CJ Mosley - LB Alabama (pretty much a must get IMO after this draft. Assuming he continues to play like he has. Great character... Great against the pass and has been MUCH better against the run)

#2. Cyrus Kouandijo - LT Alabama (I'll stick with the same school. This dude is an absolute monster.. He would only be a junior but I expect he'll be a first rounder and will leave.) - another from Alabama I'd be all kinds of stoked about is Ha Ha Clinton-Dix - Safety

#3. Loucheiz Purifoy - CB Florda (Really going to be watching this guy... He looks poised for a monster year)

#4. Malcom Mitchell - WR Georgia

#5. Craig Loston - Safety LSU (5 star out of high school, great size and great athleticism. Going to be watching him a lot this year)

BlueSanta
04-29-2013, 08:02 PM
Its hard to say because we need to see which Juniors come out and which stay in school. I say this because the junior class(class of 2015) is really quite amazing.

But I think right now the clear top 3 talents are Clowney, Bridgewater and Marquise Lee.

I am also high on Stephon Tuitt and Timmy Jernigan

Carter.525
04-29-2013, 08:26 PM
Its hard to say because we need to see which Juniors come out and which stay in school. I say this because the junior class(class of 2015) is really quite amazing. But I think right now the clear top 3 talents are Clowney, Bridgewater and Marquise Lee.I am also high on Stephon Tuitt and Timmy Jerniganany relation to JJ..?

BlueSanta
04-29-2013, 09:40 PM
any relation to JJ..?

heh no. They are about as different as can be. Timmy's arms are bigger than Jerrel's entire body.

nycsportzfan
04-29-2013, 09:49 PM
heh no. They are about as different as can be. Timmy's arms are bigger than Jerrel's entire body. Timmy kinda a Bennie logan type, offer some interior pass rush, while also being stout against the run?

jaxnygmen
04-29-2013, 10:07 PM
Clowney will be the number one pick. This guy is a freak of nature. Giants should trade up no matter what and get him!!!!Purifoy is decent. I have seen him at lot at UF but his has some off field baggage issues.

Carter.525
04-29-2013, 10:10 PM
Clowney will be the number one pick. This guy is a freak of nature. Giants should trade up no matter what and get him!!!!Purifoy is decent. I have seen him at lot at UF but his has some off field baggage issues.Nobody is trading that pick.. Team are gonna tank for it

juice33s
04-29-2013, 10:12 PM
Its not even close talent wise. But need for QB will probably trump.

Its a shame though, because Clowney is the best defensive prospect ever.

Tuitt another DE who can go top 5.
Lets pump the breaks on that a bit....Julius peppers and Mario Williams were every bit (if not more) the freaks that Clowney is. Peppers led the nation in sacks with 15 as a sophomore and Williams was picked ahead of what a lot of people considered to be the next gayle sayers (Reggie bush).

In terms of classics you also have guys like Derrick Thomas (27 sacks in a season, 52 for a career), Bruce smith (22 sacks as a junior), reggie white (still holds the Tennessee record for sacks in a game, season and career) and LT who was about as animalist and physically gifted player that the NFL has ever seen...Clowney has a long, long way to go before matching any of those guys.

slipknottin
04-29-2013, 11:24 PM
Lets pump the breaks on that a bit....Julius peppers and Mario Williams were every bit (if not more) the freaks that Clowney is. Peppers led the nation in sacks with 15 as a sophomore and Williams was picked ahead of what a lot of people considered to be the next gayle sayers (Reggie bush).

In terms of classics you also have guys like Derrick Thomas (27 sacks in a season, 52 for a career), Bruce smith (22 sacks as a junior), reggie white (still holds the Tennessee record for sacks in a game, season and career) and LT who was about as animalist and physically gifted player that the NFL has ever seen...Clowney has a long, long way to go before matching any of those guys.

Im telling you, Clowney is a better prospect than any of them.

Assuming Clowney stays healthy, hes going to have 30+ sacks this season.

And as freaky as Mario and Peppers are, they arent as freaky as clowney. Clowney is going to come in at 280 pounds and run a 4.5 something.

nycsportzfan
04-29-2013, 11:30 PM

And as freaky as Mario and Peppers are, they arent as freaky as clowney. Clowney is going to come in at 280 pounds and run a 4.5 something. whoa, 30sacks??lol I gotta see it before i believe it.. 30sacks is insanity.. If he gets 30sacks, it dont matter if a team needs a QB or not, there taking Clowney, even if they have solid DE's , because no one wants to be the team that misses out on the next Reggie White, or Bruce Smith..

BlueSanta
04-29-2013, 11:37 PM
Lets pump the breaks on that a bit....Julius peppers and Mario Williams were every bit (if not more) the freaks that Clowney is..

No, I'm with Slip on this 1.

Barring injury or some unforseen character issue, he is a lock for the #1 overall pick.

Peppers was not the #1 overall and Mario was kind of s surprise #1, most felt it was Bush's to lose. I would even put Suh over those 2 and LT gets honorable mention but since his skillset was not in high demand by the NFL at that time.

Clowney is the best defensive prospect I have ever seen. I dunno about the whole 30 sacks thing, but he is still the best prospect.

ny06
04-29-2013, 11:46 PM
No, I'm with Slip on this 1.

Barring injury or some unforseen character issue, he is a lock for the #1 overall pick.

Peppers was not the #1 overall and Mario was kind of s surprise #1, most felt it was Bush's to lose. I would even put Suh over those 2 and LT gets honorable mention but since his skillset was not in high demand by the NFL at that time.

Clowney is the best defensive prospect I have ever seen. I dunno about the whole 30 sacks thing, but he is still the best prospect.
LT was a defensive end at UNC, every team not named the Saints would have chosen LT 1st overall.
Clowney is by far the best defensive prospect coming out in a long time. Asking is he the best? That's up for debate, the best I have ever seen was LT, Reggie White, Bruce Smith and Derrick Thomas.

Cloud57
04-29-2013, 11:48 PM
What position do you see us drafting in the first round? it could very well be O line again

Cloud57
04-29-2013, 11:52 PM
Clowney will be the number one pick. This guy is a freak of nature. Giants should trade up no matter what and get him!!!!Purifoy is decent. I have seen him at lot at UF but his has some off field baggage issues.Jaguars, Raiders, or Eagles will get him unfortunately

Redeyejedi
04-29-2013, 11:53 PM

And as freaky as Mario and Peppers are, they arent as freaky as clowney. Clowney is going to come in at 280 pounds and run a 4.5 something.30 sacks I dont know man thats a lot. I could see 30 TFL

GTGiantsFan
04-29-2013, 11:59 PM
Hey, wasn't JPP supposed to get "30" sacks last year? We saw how that went, let's not get crazy.

I obviously know one is in the NFL and another is in the NCAA and the playing level is different, but the outlandish expectations some people draw up aren't.

Carter.525
04-30-2013, 12:06 AM
Jaguars, Raiders, or Eagles will get him unfortunatelyJets will be the worst team next year..

BlueSanta
04-30-2013, 01:30 AM
Hey, wasn't JPP supposed to get "30" sacks last year? We saw how that went, let's not get crazy.

I obviously know one is in the NFL and another is in the NCAA and the playing level is different, but the outlandish expectations some people draw up aren't.

umm....no nobody ever said JPP was getting 30 sacks.

While I do not think Clowney will approach 30, it is not as crazy to think it could happen in college(though SCAR plays in SEC so maybe it is) There are multiple people with over 20 sacks a season. Derrick Thomas had 27.

Offenses are going to run away from Clowney like the plague. QBs will role away from him, teams will double and triple team him, Offenses will use quick throws(not as effective in college cause of rules) and teams will screen the heck out of him.

Still, he will be something to watch this year.

BlueSanta
04-30-2013, 01:31 AM
Jets will be the worst team next year..

They will be in the running, everyone in their division got better this offseason. They are still the Jets.

BlueSanta
04-30-2013, 03:03 AM
Timmy kinda a Bennie logan type, offer some interior pass rush, while also being stout against the run?

I think he is a better prospect than Bennie to be honest. Though it's a fair comparison. Here is a highlight of his sophomore season(last year, 2012)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ks2gVG-suGA

Most feel he will come out this year.

2013 will be a interesting year because he will demand a lot more attention now that Werner and Tank are in the NFL. Teams couldn't double team him or anyone on FSU's front last year.

Most feel he is a top 15 prospect right now for next year, although we all know what that means(nothing)

GTGiantsFan
04-30-2013, 09:52 AM
umm....no nobody ever said JPP was getting 30 sacks. While I do not think Clowney will approach 30, it is not as crazy to think it could happen in college(though SCAR plays in SEC so maybe it is) There are multiple people with over 20 sacks a season. Derrick Thomas had 27. Offenses are going to run away from Clowney like the plague. QBs will role away from him, teams will double and triple team him, Offenses will use quick throws(not as effective in college cause of rules) and teams will screen the heck out of him. Still, he will be something to watch this year. I know for a fact that a 30 sack year for JPP was thrown around before the year started. I'll find the article later.

Imgrate
04-30-2013, 02:54 PM
Kiwi said it.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000058442/article/mathias-kiwanuka-jason-pierrepaul-can-get-30-sacks

GTGiantsFan
04-30-2013, 03:20 PM
It was all over ESPN and some of the fans actually were thinking he could get it coming into the season, just saying.

gmen0820
05-01-2013, 12:46 AM
umm....no nobody ever said JPP was getting 30 sacks.That was actually Burier's prediction, I believe. It was said, but no one really agreed.

Redeyejedi
05-01-2013, 08:31 AM
Ive been going hard at the video already.Have a 9 game Clowney video thats 57 minutes long up. 3 game video of Kadeem Carey will be up today. Videos of Tuitt , Crichton,Mariota,Deanthony Thomas,Hundley,Bridgewater,Boyd,Multi videos of Van noy,Mosley are up, Lewan.

Redeyejedi
05-01-2013, 08:40 AM
I think he is a better prospect than Bennie to be honest. Though it's a fair comparison. Here is a highlight of his sophomore season(last year, 2012)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ks2gVG-suGA

Most feel he will come out this year.

2013 will be a interesting year because he will demand a lot more attention now that Werner and Tank are in the NFL. Teams couldn't double team him or anyone on FSU's front last year.

Most feel he is a top 15 prospect right now for next year, although we all know what that means(nothing)

Did U guys see my video it was my 1000 th NFL Draft Video

Jadeveon Clowney vs 9 Teams 2011/2012

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pylGjuI_82c

giantsfam04
05-01-2013, 10:34 AM
We should throw the season for the #1 pick and draft Clowney.

nycsportzfan
05-01-2013, 03:20 PM
Ive been going hard at the video already.Have a 9 game Clowney video thats 57 minutes long up. 3 game video of Kadeem Carey will be up today. Videos of Tuitt , Crichton,Mariota,Deanthony Thomas,Hundley,Bridgewater,Boyd,Multi videos of Van noy,Mosley are up, Lewan. Could u do some Ryan Shazier LB Ohio St? Dudes really good..

Redeyejedi
05-01-2013, 07:35 PM
Could u do some Ryan Shazier LB Ohio St? Dudes really good..yeah I didnt think I would get to work so quickly on the 2014 guys I thought I spend a week cutting the Giants draft players but im just not into it. I cant ever remember being this unexcited about a Giants draft class. Last year even though I wasnt crazy about the value of the Wilson pick I couldnt wait to see him play, Hosley 2. This year Im just mehhh

Redeyejedi
05-02-2013, 10:25 PM
Eric Ebron TE/DE UNC vs NC State 2012
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i8ak0nS3HdM

Ifo Ekpre-Olomu CB Oregon vs USC,Arizona,Oregon State 2012
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xoh7lYfDU58

Stephon Tuitt DE Notre Dame vs BYU 2012
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=81FGd9wwuro

De'Anthony Thomas RB Oregon vs Oregon State 2012
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q6iWYeVDrnE

Ka'Deem Carey RB Arizona vs 3 Teams
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lyUT-SLfxzk

here is some I did

Go here for more we got about 40 up already New 1's not counting the Juniors from this season we already did
http://draftbreakdown.com/category/videos

nycsportzfan
05-02-2013, 10:46 PM
Ka'Deem Carey is a good looking back.. I'd actually say hes worth a 1st rder.. His cutback ability and vision is insane...

U know anything about Jeremiah Attaochu LB Ga Tech Redeye?

Toadofsteel
05-02-2013, 11:24 PM
I think the modern NFL uses schemes to beat individual athleticism a lot more than it used to prior to the mid 2000s. I wonder how an LT in his prime would fare in today's NFL...

Redeyejedi
05-03-2013, 12:41 AM
Ka'Deem Carey is a good looking back.. I'd actually say hes worth a 1st rder.. His cutback ability and vision is insane...

U know anything about Jeremiah Attaochu LB Ga Tech Redeye?Yeah cut some video of him last year

Only thing with Carey is there are character concerns

nycsportzfan
05-03-2013, 07:30 AM
Yeah cut some video of him last year

Only thing with Carey is there are character concerns I'll have to go check out that Attaochu video u got.. I didn't even realize there were charechter concerns with Carey.. What kinda stupidity has he been up to?(dare i ask?)

Redeyejedi
05-03-2013, 08:57 AM
I'll have to go check out that Attaochu video u got.. I didn't even realize there were charechter concerns with Carey.. What kinda stupidity has he been up to?(dare i ask?)Jeremy Hill has legal issues to the guy from LSU he has been suspended indefinitely for a fight outside a bar "Not 21 AND on probation "

Kadeem Carey-
According to Tucson police, Carey was trying to get into his pregnant ex-girlfriend’s house to get a lighter to smoke drugs. She wouldn’t let him inside so he allegedly pushed the woman down and then slammed the door on her hand.

Redeyejedi
05-03-2013, 09:00 AM
I think in the 2011 vid he punches Logan Thomas

2011 Video from Attaochu

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y_XWZbZmaoI

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gWdCFfKI4_g

Imgrate
05-03-2013, 09:39 AM
What are your thoughts on charles sims and mike evans, redeye?

Redeyejedi
05-03-2013, 02:10 PM
Could u do some Ryan Shazier LB Ohio St? Dudes really good.. Yeah think he is a 1st round pick? i think he probably goes in the 2nd. I see people saying he can play all 3 spots, i dont think so. he looks like a Will to me.

Redeyejedi
05-03-2013, 09:35 PM
Here u go Sportzfan

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h2IsZbubpKw

Redeyejedi
05-03-2013, 09:39 PM
What are your thoughts on charles sims and mike evans, redeye?Mike Evans could be special but I doubt he comes out this year. He has outstanding ball skills.Charles Sims havent put much time in on yet. Caught my eye in 2011 but didnt watch him much last year

Redeyejedi
05-07-2013, 02:22 PM
I hope u got to watch the Shazier vid sportsfan because it got blocked

Is it me or does there seem to be a rising number of LEO prospects in CFB. Maybe its just because ive been watching mostly pass rusher tape so far 2014

nycsportzfan
05-07-2013, 02:49 PM
Dang, i didn't get to watch the video...

qndarius3
05-07-2013, 03:15 PM
continuing on the Syracuse trend, Jerome smith is a stud. he really came on the last 5-6 games of last yr. he is a bruiser and a downfield runner. Brown is a UFA after this season and depending on how this season goes for him, might be too much money to return.
Smith may not be a rnd 1 pick but someone to definitely keep an eye on this season.
BTW, what pugh run blocking in the louisville game...WOW

Im not sure how to attach videos:

http://youtu.be/E1kBWf_XVW8

Redeyejedi
05-07-2013, 09:02 PM
Dang, i didn't get to watch the video...Im going to reupload it and put it hidden

Redeyejedi
05-07-2013, 09:03 PM
Here is my Jerome Smith vs Lville video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RJWspFtO5E8

qndarius3
05-08-2013, 12:15 PM
Here is my Jerome Smith vs Lville video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RJWspFtO5E8

pugh was an absolute monster in this game

Redeyejedi
05-08-2013, 03:33 PM
More players dads getting angry at me on Twitter. I said I didnt like his sons throwing mechanics because I thought it would hurt his deep ball then he gave me all these stats with 50 yard pass plays. All I know is in the 2 games I popped on 40 yards seemed the limit.He pushes the ball he doesnt throw it.

nycsportzfan
05-09-2013, 11:51 PM
Im going to reupload it and put it hidden cool.. I have done some research on em since asking for the video, and i really like the kid.. A bit undersized, but makes up for it with big time motor and instincts.. This kid can flat out make plays, and does it against the run and pass.. Ryan Shazier is one of my early fave's for alot of attention from me next yr... Ur probably right, hes most likely a will at the next level, but i could see them move em around alittle bit...

Mr.TRUEBLUE
10-12-2013, 07:58 AM
BRIDGEWATER
MATTHEWS
CLOWNEY
BARR
LEE

nycsportzfan
05-18-2014, 01:46 PM

And as freaky as Mario and Peppers are, they arent as freaky as clowney. Clowney is going to come in at 280 pounds and run a 4.5 something.
Wow, I forgot you predicted 30sacks for Clowney.. What'd he actually have, 3.5???

slipknottin
05-18-2014, 01:57 PM
Wow, I forgot you predicted 30sacks for Clowney.. What'd he actually have, 3.5???

Yea. Terrible year. Still as good a prospect as any of those guys and still went first overall tho.

rainierjef
05-18-2014, 02:21 PM

lol you could of let that one slide sports

nycsportzfan
05-18-2014, 04:19 PM
lol you could of let that one slide sports Slips a big boy.. He don't care..

nycsportzfan
05-18-2014, 04:19 PM
Yea. Terrible year. Still as good a prospect as any of those guys and still went first overall tho.

Agreed.