PDA

View Full Version : Mike Cox RB

King Sully
04-30-2013, 06:48 PM
I actually think cox, our last pick and second to last pick of the draft, will make the roster, and surprise people. Although he only rushed like 20 times in his career at Michigan he had a pretty rediculous ypc. I know it doesn't really count because that doesn't equate to a full load over a whole season but its a small sample size and its better then him not being affective when touching the ball. At umass he played on an all time crap team, they only won one game and I trust Reese when he said something along the lines of "this guy had to do it all, he would get the ball and there would already be 2 guys in the backfield, trust what we scouts do". This guy is also rocked up and has a nice burst and pretty good long speed. I think they giants are planning for when we move on from andre brown assuming he has a big year and signs elsewhere, or he gets hurt again, and proves to truly be injury prone as he as been for most of his college and pro career. Another upside mike cox (lol) has to him is his low mileage from barely getting any carries while at Michigan. I think he could end up being a solid solid player as a 7th rounder.

TheBookOfEli
04-30-2013, 07:08 PM
I want to see Cox run someone over and just say "Mike Cox in your mouth!"

NYGfanSTRICK
04-30-2013, 07:08 PM
I agree that his UMASS numbers probably not a reflection of his actual skills. He was on an absolutely brutal team but I think that he could be a nice find by JR and company. I wish I could see some film on him because I have not really been able to find much at all of him.

myles2424
04-30-2013, 07:21 PM
Mike cox has huge upside...lol

Toadofsteel
04-30-2013, 07:33 PM
At 6'1", Mike Cox' size isn't terribly huge. I just hope he's not finished too quickly and can stay in for the long haul...

J. Tuck Rule
04-30-2013, 08:47 PM
He can really ram the hole, though.

Sorry, I tired too hard.

BlueSanta
04-30-2013, 09:07 PM
Well , he may turn out to be a gem. But your prediction is noting more than a guess since there is literally nothing as far as substantial film on which to base your guess.

Then again, Reese has found guys in the past that nobody really had on their radar, or when film was hard to come by.

But, I seriously cant comment on him aside from the fact that in the very little footage I have seen of him I like how he carries the football.

King Sully
04-30-2013, 09:15 PM
Well , he may turn out to be a gem. But your prediction is noting more than a guess since there is literally nothing as far as substantial film on which to base your guess.

Then again, Reese has found guys in the past that nobody really had on their radar, or when film was hard to come by.

But, I seriously cant comment on him aside from the fact that in the very little footage I have seen of him I like how he carries the football.. You're right I'm just guessing obviously, I just saw a lot of people writing him off, just think he COULD surprise cause no one expects much since we have no film

penguinfarmer
04-30-2013, 09:37 PM
Mike Cox in the endzone.

Wait..

myles2424
04-30-2013, 10:43 PM
I've done plenty of research & what I got was mike cox sucked alot in college...

King Sully
05-01-2013, 01:49 AM
I've done plenty of research & what I got was mike cox sucked alot in college...

I think mike cox just needs to be more decisive when picking a hole

Toadofsteel
05-01-2013, 02:16 AM
Mike Cox in the endzone.

Wait..

Mike Cox Running Back, someone stop Mike Cox endzone penetration...

Harooni
05-01-2013, 03:33 AM
lol , oh this one is too easy

G-Men Surg.
05-01-2013, 03:59 AM
Mike Cox best friend is a Tight end. Sorry fellas I just couldn't help it !

myles2424
05-01-2013, 04:46 AM
I think mike cox just needs to be more decisive when picking a hole
Ok ok ok, we all know mike cox only has one functioning eye,therefore it takes him a little bit longer picking the appropriate hole.....But when mike cox hits the hole, he hits it hard....after the he finds his lane he has no problem lowering his head & busting someone in the face......

NYGfanSTRICK
05-01-2013, 04:53 AM
This just in Mike Cox is dating Mikela Hunt "Mike" Hunt for short. haha

Rat_bastich
05-01-2013, 05:06 AM
There is a Reggie Bush joke in here somewhere.....

myles2424
05-01-2013, 05:40 AM
There is a Reggie Bush joke in here somewhere.....

Kim kardashian is said to be eyeing mike cox..

Rat_bastich
05-01-2013, 06:00 AM
Kim kardashian is said to be eyeing mike cox..

If I wore suits as tight as Kanye you could see Mike Cox.

Rat_bastich
05-01-2013, 06:02 AM
Hopefully Mike Cox doesn't lead with his head to get penetration or he could get in trouble or then again he could break one up the middle.

Captain Chaos
05-01-2013, 06:59 AM
This kid has to make the team.....

TAILGATIN'
05-01-2013, 09:03 AM
Have we got a height for him yet? Ive seen everything between 6' and 6' 3" between giants.com, nfl.com, and cbs.com. Thats ridiculous and Im really curious of his actual size.

BlueSanta
05-01-2013, 11:09 AM
Have we got a height for him yet? Ive seen everything between 6' and 6' 3" between giants.com, nfl.com, and cbs.com. Thats ridiculous and Im really curious of his actual size.

it all depends how erect he stands

TAILGATIN'
05-01-2013, 11:21 AM
it all depends how erect he stands
Lol. Yah, I forgot he must be a little bigger when excited.

giantscolombia
05-01-2013, 12:08 PM
Do you guys think Mike Cox was picked on in high school?

Carter.525
05-01-2013, 12:11 PM

7'5 (he's been compared to Yao Ming)

Rudyy
05-01-2013, 12:18 PM
Well at least his name isn't Mike Hunt.

Rat_bastich
05-01-2013, 02:17 PM
Do you guys think Mike Cox was picked on in high school?

Probably, but he wasn't catching hell like he is now. Hopefully the fame doesn't go to his head.

J. Tuck Rule
05-01-2013, 02:22 PM
I wouldn't put too much stock in this kid coming right into camp and performing. He's a quick learning though and that should help him build up his skills.

He's a grower. Not a show-er.

NYGfanSTRICK
05-01-2013, 03:00 PM
Interesting player definitely especially from the standpoint that he played for an atrocious team so his stats probably do not accurately reflect his actual talent.. It is a little saddening that there is literally little to no footage of the kid running the ball for a significant amount of plays. If we do sign Hightower then this draft pick does really leave me scratching my head because of the fact that there were some talented defensive players who were 100% IMO BPA (better) and would fill a need at the same time.

TheEnigma
05-01-2013, 03:22 PM
I'm not really concerned with his size too much as long as he displays the proper motion to reach the endzone. He should offer the other members a breath of relief so their endurance doesn't wear down.

GoDeep80
05-01-2013, 03:23 PM
He needs to make the based on fan amusement alone. Picture the signs. "Pound Cox down there throat!" "Our Cox is bigger" "don't play with our Cox!" Imagine commentators "Cox explodes up the middle" "No one touched Cox" in pass protection "Cox block!"

myles2424
05-01-2013, 03:43 PM
Interesting player definitely especially from the standpoint that he played for an atrocious team so his stats probably do not accurately reflect his actual talent.. It is a little saddening that there is literally little to no footage of the kid running the ball for a significant amount of plays. If we do sign Hightower then this draft pick does really leave me scratching my head because of the fact that there were some talented defensive players who were 100% IMO BPA (better) and would fill a need at the same time.

I got great footage of Mike Cox sliding into the end zone on my CellPhone..

TAILGATIN'
05-01-2013, 04:10 PM
I'm not really concerned with his size too much as long as he displays the proper motion to reach the endzone. .
Should have been clearer, it's my wife who's interested in mike cox size ;)

myles2424
05-01-2013, 11:28 PM
He needs to make the based on fan amusement alone. Picture the signs. "Pound Cox down there throat!" "Our Cox is bigger" "don't play with our Cox!" Imagine commentators "Cox explodes up the middle" "No one touched Cox" in pass protection "Cox block!"
That Cox blocking son of a *****!!

Kruunch
05-02-2013, 09:55 AM
The only reason I like this pick is waiting to hear an announcer say "Mike Cox dropped in the backfield" or "Mike Cox lined up in the tail" or "Mike Cox penetrates the gap" ....

TAILGATIN'
05-02-2013, 12:24 PM
The only reason I like this pick is waiting to hear an announcer say "Mike Cox dropped in the backfield" or "Mike Cox lined up in the tail" or "Mike Cox penetrates the gap" ....
Things to look forward to... and I was just happy hearing Mike Cox a giant!

BlueSanta
05-02-2013, 01:31 PM
You just know that this thread has caused an memo to be sent out. The announcers are going to use the name Michael and we are all going to cry.

Cloud57
05-02-2013, 02:05 PM
If he makes a good impact Mike Cox may have a bigger package compared to Wislon's smaller package

Kruunch
05-02-2013, 02:07 PM
You just know that this thread has caused an memo to be sent out. The announcers are going to use the name Michael and we are all going to cry.

"London Fletcher grabs Cox" ?

TheAnalyst
05-06-2013, 11:44 AM
I hope Coughlin teaches Mike Cox to hold his balls high and tight.