PDA

View Full Version : Haven't had this feeling in 3 years.

ELIistheFRANCHISE
12-30-2011, 02:29 AM
Its crazy gents, through the Giants, we are a big blue family. We may not all see eye-to-eye, we may call eachother out and call others trolls. We have all bought something to replace that "thing" we broke after a Giants loss. We may be on this board 24/7 or right after work, or for some, like MMB, during work. Some of our wives love the Giants, others are forced to ride this emotional rollercoaster with their husband who is a "Diehard Giants fan" Some hate TC and some love him. Cut him, he's the future, if it wasn't for Eli....those are common amongst us Giants' faithful. We may never completely agree on thing...

except this....

this is the biggest game we have had in 3 years since #1 seed.

We have been dying for this opportunity for our boys to go back to the playoffs.

Guess what...it's here...divisional title is waiting for us to grab it sunday night..in Giants stadium..

only 2 more days...

CAN YOU DIGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG GG IT?!??

BurnerNYG
12-30-2011, 02:37 AM
Amen bro. The closer and closer we get to gametime, the more and more pumped up I get. Go Giants!

By the way, I text from my phone and I drive a truck for a living so I text almost every time I park at a stop or if the guys at the store unloading the truck falls behind. I'm home now though so it's all good.

nygiants92
12-30-2011, 02:38 AM
Lets do this big blue! Football fans live for games like these, lets hope the GIANTS can get this HUGE WIN!

ELIistheFRANCHISE
12-30-2011, 02:52 AM
Lets do this big blue! Football fans live for games like these, lets hope the GIANTS can get this HUGE WIN!

Yeah bro, this week needs to go faster!

harrycarson
12-30-2011, 02:53 AM
I am kind of enjoying this little time we have left before game time. When Sunday morning comes I will be pacing all day, edgy, wife, kids, dogs, will all have their Gmen Jerseys on, I will turn on my lucky "nothin like my Sunday mornin" tune, and the DAY BELONGS to the GMEN!!!</P>

I took a weeks vacation from work just because we beat the Jets in anticipation of SUNDAY NIGHT CELEBRATION!!!!!!! CMON GMEN, ONE MORE TIME, WIN THE BIG ONE BOYS!!!!!!!</P>

ELIistheFRANCHISE
12-30-2011, 03:18 AM
I am kind of enjoying this little time we have left before game time. When Sunday morning comes I will be pacing all day, edgy, wife, kids, dogs, will all have their Gmen Jerseys on, I will turn on my lucky "nothin like my Sunday mornin" tune, and the DAY BELONGS to the GMEN!!!</P>

I took a weeks vacation from work just because we beat the Jets in anticipation of SUNDAY NIGHT CELEBRATION!!!!!!! CMON GMEN, ONE MORE TIME, WIN THE BIG ONE BOYS!!!!!!!</P>
I feel it man ...i cant stop thinking about it!!

BurnerNYG
12-30-2011, 03:27 AM
Thanks for replying to everybody except me. I appreciate that. Thanks a mill.

ELIistheFRANCHISE
12-30-2011, 03:31 AM
Thanks for replying to everybody except me. I appreciate that. Thanks a mill.
Sorry bro, im catching up on breaking bad s4 and im bouncing back and forth...didnt mean nothing by it. I have a month off work bc of surgery, so i just count the days...its killin me LOL

scf424
12-30-2011, 03:33 AM
I am going to drink myself into a coma, and wake up at 7:30 PM Sunday Night.

Just in time to make some wings, take a piss, and watch Big Blue STOMP LITTLE D OUT.

ELIistheFRANCHISE
12-30-2011, 03:36 AM
I am going to drink myself into a coma, and wake up at 7:30 PM Sunday Night.

Just in time to make some wings, take a piss, and watch Big Blue STOMP LITTLE D OUT.

definately will be making some wings. pizza, etc...i dont drink anymore, but i will be poppin bottles...OF PEPSI!!!

giantsfan420
12-30-2011, 03:48 AM
really great post man. your a very good poster and i respect u a lot, even tho me and u disagree on some things, u really are one of my fav. posters.

LETS GO GMEN, WE MUST PROTECT THIS HOUSE!

ELIistheFRANCHISE
12-30-2011, 04:09 AM
really great post man. your a very good poster and i respect u a lot, even tho me and u disagree on some things, u really are one of my fav. posters.

LETS GO GMEN, WE MUST PROTECT THIS HOUSE!

Thanks man, means alot, i agree, its our house, lets play like it.

Slunk3AM
12-30-2011, 04:38 AM
Its crazy gents, through the Giants, we are a big blue family. We may not all see eye-to-eye, we may call eachother out and call others trolls. We have all bought something to replace that "thing" we broke after a Giants loss. We may be on this board 24/7 or right after work, or for some, like MMB, during work. Some of our wives love the Giants, others are forced to ride this emotional rollercoaster with their husband who is a "Diehard Giants fan" Some hate TC and some love him. Cut him, he's the future, if it wasn't for Eli....those are common amongst us Giants' faithful. We may never completely agree on thing...

except this....

We have been dying for this opportunity for our boys to go back to the playoffs.

Guess what...it's here...divisional title is waiting for us to grab it sunday night..in Giants stadium..

only 2 more days...

great post!

i hope the fans come a-howling come gametime.

go giants!

amdownwitjpp
12-30-2011, 05:00 AM
Without a doubt huge game and with all the injuries we've had out there am grateful to be here,a few of my opinions,none of Dallas' CBs has anything for Nicks or Cruz.Nicks has been making plays from the jump,and is it me or does it seem like Cruz is just smarter than Mario?I mean Cruz has physical talent too but its like he just knows where to run to where he knows he will be open.Mario may need to study harder idk but he has huge talent.Webster is underrated and the rookie Prince needs some playing time not at crucial moments though.Has anyone noticed Phillips seems like he has been attacking alot more aggtressively this season in the hit dept.I luv NYG,JPP and jacobs are my personal faves,#27 does get the team amped u can c it.Now I have not always been an Eli lover but he was growing on me since the SUPER BOWL but this year I luv him greatest GIANTS QB of my life he is durable and he knows the game

ashleymarie
12-30-2011, 05:17 AM
I'm ready. Enjoying the anticipation though. It is going to be a great game!! GMEN vs. Cowpies. Doesn't get any better. Just hope JJ goes home with a hang-dog look as he did before. And our boys take home the EAST. GO GIANTS!!!! You can do it. We will be cheering.

amdownwitjpp
12-30-2011, 05:24 AM
well my wife is a cowboy fan but she is on the verge of converting so its good times for us

ashleymarie
12-30-2011, 05:25 AM
Without a doubt huge game and with all the injuries we've had out there am grateful to be here,a few of my opinions,none of Dallas' CBs has anything for Nicks or Cruz.Nicks has been making plays from the jump,and is it me or does it seem like Cruz is just smarter than Mario?I mean Cruz has physical talent too but its like he just knows where to run to where he knows he will be open.Mario may need to study harder idk but he has huge talent.Webster is underrated and the rookie Prince needs some playing time not at crucial moments though.Has anyone noticed Phillips seems like he has been attacking alot more aggtressively this season in the hit dept.I luv NYG,JPP and jacobs are my personal faves,#27 does get the team amped u can c it.Now I have not always been an Eli lover but he was growing on me since the SUPER BOWL but this year I luv him greatest GIANTS QB of my life he is durable and he knows the game

Eli is the best. Cruz is smart like a fox and continues to learn and perform. Great kid. A real asset. Mario is getting there. I'm with you.......love JPP and Jacobs. There are just too many to name, all have their moments that adds to our wins. There is no reason we can't take the East Sunday. We have the team with the talents and know-how and the heart. Good first post.

amdownwitjpp
12-30-2011, 05:30 AM
Well 2 b honest I posted underjoethegman bac 2009 but ended up in a Mike Vick/Plax type of situation so I am bac with great timing

giantlove85
12-30-2011, 07:28 AM
I am one of those wives who love the Giants! I am even more crazy shouting at the tv than my hubby..haha..I am so pumped for this game and can't wait..well both be freezing our butts off at the game!!! Go G-Men!!

giantyankee1976
12-30-2011, 08:43 AM

except this....

only 2 more days...

+2

this is a dysfunctional "internet family"

but live, breathe, die Big Blue anyway

(we even have crazy aunts and uncles who root the Boys and Egals and that recluse who cheers the Skins)

Go Giants !!!

Seducer
12-30-2011, 08:54 AM
I can dig it

BigBlue wins
12-30-2011, 08:56 AM
Me too man, this game is exciting. Kind of a good way to start when we've had a drought.

When we play Dallas, I always think of Artie Lang's quote from beer league

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=38UIlun2zRQ&amp;feature=related

SweetZombieJesus
12-30-2011, 10:09 AM
Agree with the sentiment, but last year's game against the Eagles had this feel -- the NFC East would have been locked up if we won, and up until 7:30 left it was a romp.

miked1958
12-30-2011, 10:27 AM

except this....

only 2 more days...

I am with u man 100%. Driving back from visiting inlaws 8.5 hours, should just make it in time for start of game if I just stop for gas, don't eat and pee in a cup lol

miked1958
12-30-2011, 10:28 AM
Can't wait for this game.... Amped up big time

miked1958
12-30-2011, 10:29 AM
Hope they don't let us down... Please show up and defend home turf... Please

Roosevelt
12-30-2011, 10:52 AM

except this....

only 2 more days...

Great post!

Let's go G-Men. Let's bring THE 1st NFL Playoff game to OUR HOUSE!

http://img52.imageshack.us/img52/3681/snifnnygmanninglores.jpg

FBomb
12-30-2011, 11:06 AM
Me too man, this game is exciting. Kind of a good way to start when we've had a drought.

When we play Dallas, I always think of Artie Lang's quote from beer league

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=38UIlun2zRQ&amp;feature=related

</P>

Artie was the greatest.....</P>

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pj8y2Oi1lFk</P>

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ed1p8kuaDaw</P>

</P>

</P>

BParcells777
12-30-2011, 11:11 AM

except this....

only 2 more days...

FUGGG THAT!!! Were going to the SB to unleash the Krakken on The Patriots or Steelers LOL!!!

Nice post.......loved the lead in about the wives and all that

Your forgetting one thing ...........we won the last trophy with a Tynes that kicked bananas..........this Tynes is like Carney............Straight down the middle. You might think thats trivial but its HUGE

Mod_C
12-30-2011, 11:16 AM
This is how football was meant to be. Two teams, last game, all or nothing, take no prisoners! It doesn't get any better than this and I believe with all of my heart that we are going to win the NFC East on Sunday night. Players are surfacing after being dormant, players are talking about no way they won't play, the orgtanization is calling us on the phone asking for a REAL 12th man effort. We, who are privileged enough attend, are responsible for the full sixty minutes. This is where we get to help the best franchise in the NFL reach it's full potential. LOUD AND PROUD!

I'm going to this game, I'm getting my ALL IN towel and I'm not sitting down or giving up on my team for the full 60 minutes. **** the Cowboys' fans siting behind me! They won't want to see what's happening anyway.

Jiffy Jeff
12-30-2011, 11:33 AM

except this....

only 2 more days...

I am pumped, my friend.

LET'S GO GIANTS!!!!!!

firstgamein49
12-30-2011, 11:37 AM
<font size="4">Great to see the enthusiasm again. It's been awhile since I posted, and I don't do it often, but I love the Gmen and have for many yrs. They have the players to get the job done. They have the coaches to put them in the right places. What they have that the boys don't is REAL fans that'll stick by them, thick or thin, sickness or health, no wait...that's a wedding thing, lol, but seriously G fans are awesome and will propel our guys to victory on Sunday!
</font>

NY_Eli
12-30-2011, 11:59 AM

except this....

only 2 more days...

Love it, man! I can't remember the last time I was so pumped up for a regular season game. LET"S GOOOOOO GMEN!

jimsgints
12-30-2011, 12:17 PM
Great post..I am excited about the game too, I just wish I had more confidence in their defense. I know it's getting better and I'm hoping the defense totally unloads everything they have on the cowgirls. They should, they will. Go Giants!!

ELIistheFRANCHISE
12-30-2011, 12:53 PM
Yes, i hope we protect our house and defend it like big blue crazy dogs.

miked1958
12-30-2011, 04:15 PM
Amen bro. The closer and closer we get to gametime, the more and more pumped up I get. Go Giants!

By the way, I text from my phone and I drive a truck for a living so I text almost every time I park at a stop or if the guys at the store unloading the truck falls behind. I'm home now though so it's all good.
Dude the huskies are scaring me with skin of their teeth wins vs very weak opponents. What will happen when we have to play the orange, Louisville and other tough Big East foes?

jomo
12-30-2011, 04:21 PM
Its crazy gents, through the Giants, we are a big blue family. We may not all see eye-to-eye, we may call eachother out and call others trolls. We have all bought something to replace that "thing" we broke after a Giants loss. We may be on this board 24/7 or right after work, or for some, like MMB, during work. Some of our wives love the Giants, others are forced to ride this emotional rollercoaster with their husband who is a "Diehard Giants fan" Some hate TC and some love him. Cut him, he's the future, if it wasn't for Eli....those are common amongst us Giants' faithful. We may never completely agree on thing... except this.... this is the biggest game we have had in 3 years since #1 seed. We have been dying for this opportunity for our boys to go back to the playoffs. Guess what...it's here...divisional title is waiting for us to grab it sunday night..in Giants stadium.. only 2 more days... CAN YOU DIGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG GG IT?!??I am all in!!

gumby742
12-30-2011, 04:25 PM
Honestly, I go through this crap every year - except in 2008. Towards end of the season, we've always had to deal with the roller coaster ride. We've always had to realize the possibility that we wouldn't make the playoffs and what team would show up.

giantsfan420
12-30-2011, 05:00 PM
Honestly, I go through this crap every year - except in 2008. Towards end of the season, we've always had to deal with the roller coaster ride. We've always had to realize the possibility that we wouldn't make the playoffs and what team would show up.

see i think thats where you have an issue. what we're facing right now isnt "crap" its excitement from being in contention throughout the season and up until the final week.

there are maybe 5 teams that can say year in year out they are contenders for the post season which is the goal for all teams in training camp. those 5 or so teams usually have an elite qb and defense...we have an elite qb with a potentially good defense.

i dont look at this situation as something to be dreaded, i look at it as something to cherish and look forward to. we are relevant every year since 2005. granted i wish every year ended like 07, but it doesnt work like that. this has been one of the better franchises in that time span.

nygiants757
12-30-2011, 05:24 PM
Im all in----

Thats what we do!!!!!!!!!!

We are the New York Football Giants.

this tribute i found on youtube says it all for me.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yOEIvXoZ1TE

gmen46
12-30-2011, 06:32 PM

except this....

only 2 more days...

http://youtu.be/V-OYKd8SVrI

ELIistheFRANCHISE
12-30-2011, 08:21 PM

except this....

only 2 more days...

this! exactly what I was quoting from. nice job bro.

gmen46
12-30-2011, 08:34 PM

except this....

only 2 more days...

this! exactly what I was quoting from. nice job bro.

I could feel it immediately.

(From one of the greatest "so-bad-it's-good" movies of all time).

Sorry i'm unable to actually post the link. All the suggestions I've seen on this board on how to do it, don't work for me (of course, I AM a computer tard).

Can YOU dig it?!

I haven't felt this confident about a Giants game in a long while. Can't say why, but I just do.

GO GEEEEEEEMEN!

Yksgntsrule
12-30-2011, 08:58 PM
This the best post i have read in along time. Living in Vegas i like the 2.5 line. Go Giants bring it home baby!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ELIistheFRANCHISE
12-30-2011, 10:15 PM
This the best post i have read in along time. Living in Vegas i like the 2.5 line. Go Giants bring it home baby!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ha thanks man..it hasn't been like this on the boards for a while, week 16 and we actually have something really meaningful to play for. I am loving it!

giantsfan420
12-30-2011, 10:17 PM

Ha thanks man..it hasn't been like this on the boards for a while, week 16 and we actually have something really meaningful to play for. I am loving it!

every year since 2007 the giants have had meaningful games to play for up til and including week 17. havent gotten the results we've been looking for which changes this sunday night.

ELIistheFRANCHISE
12-30-2011, 10:30 PM

every year since 2007 the giants have had meaningful games to play for up til and including week 17. havent gotten the results we've been looking for which changes this sunday night.

Last year, we played washington, only way we get in is certain teams lose/win, so we didnt have destiny in our hands...

the year before that we were 8-8, already out the playoffs and we got murdered the last game by the panthers I believe...so once again, no destiny in our hands....

The year before that we had the division wrapped up week 13...we beat the panthers week 15 for #1...week 16 was meaningless against the vikings...no destiny in our hands..

superbowl year we already clinched a WC spot in week 15...we played the pats the last week just to get some steam going into the playoffs, so again, no destiny in our hands...

So no, in reality, this is the first time week 16 has actually truly been "giants control their own destiny"...past couple years they have had control of their destiny prior to leading up to week 16, this year is actually no crap "destiny in your hands week 16" win and in...unless you can tell me otherwise.

amdownwitjpp
12-30-2011, 10:38 PM
WellI am happt 4 ur man cuz mine is a Cowboy lover but since she loves me more deep down she likes the G-Men too,but she does not understand the throwring things around..yetlol

ELIistheFRANCHISE
12-30-2011, 11:07 PM
WellI am happt 4 ur man cuz mine is a Cowboy lover but since she loves me more deep down she likes the G-Men too,but she does not understand the throwring things around..yetlol

shes barely a Giants fan, but the past couple weeks, she has seriously been getting into it. The dallas game I was so mad, but she was super positive like they are going to win, remind you, it wasnt until recently, that she even knew more then 5 players. Never the less, she was super positive and we ended up winning. LOL

nygiants92
12-30-2011, 11:10 PM
Let's make the cowboys fear GIANTS stadium from this point on. Getting pumped up for this game fellas, its gonna be intense!

ELIistheFRANCHISE
12-31-2011, 12:35 AM
Let's make the cowboys fear GIANTS stadium from this point on. Getting pumped up for this game fellas, its gonna be intense!
agreed bro

giantsfan420
12-31-2011, 12:39 AM

Last year, we played washington, only way we get in is certain teams lose/win, so we didnt have destiny in our hands...

the year before that we were 8-8, already out the playoffs and we got murdered the last game by the panthers I believe...so once again, no destiny in our hands....

The year before that we had the division wrapped up week 13...we beat the panthers week 15 for #1...week 16 was meaningless against the vikings...no destiny in our hands..

superbowl year we already clinched a WC spot in week 15...we played the pats the last week just to get some steam going into the playoffs, so again, no destiny in our hands...

So no, in reality, this is the first time week 16 has actually truly been "giants control their own destiny"...past couple years they have had control of their destiny prior to leading up to week 16, this year is actually no crap "destiny in your hands week 16" win and in...unless you can tell me otherwise.

last year, like u said.

the year before, we still had a shot to get in the playoffs the final week. i forget the exact scenario but it was week 16 or 17 that we still had a shot at the post season.

08-like u said we had clinched a playoff spot, but i believe week 16 we had to beat carolina to clinch home field adv. and the final week yeah i guess ur right.

in 07, we played NE and it was significant bc that was the game that propelled the team.

but yeah i see ur point, i guess i should change my stance to "we've had a lot to play for late in the season since 07" and exclude the week 17 part.

but being able to win the division in a head to head battle with the division rival is rare, the last time we've been in this kind of situation was 1993 i believe.

and the title of the thread is what kind of threw me bc in 07 like u said we'd already clinched so the final week wasnt HUGE but it still was the situation u get those butterfly feelings and 08 09 and last year were similar to that for me at least

Rich4114
12-31-2011, 12:53 AM
My palms are already sweating! I am nervous about the O-line though. We had the good O-line last time. How will we run the ball with Bass??

ELIistheFRANCHISE
12-31-2011, 02:54 AM

last year, like u said.

the year before, we still had a shot to get in the playoffs the final week. i forget the exact scenario but it was week 16 or 17 that we still had a shot at the post season.

08-like u said we had clinched a playoff spot, but i believe week 16 we had to beat carolina to clinch home field adv. and the final week yeah i guess ur right. <--- carolina in week 15, minnesota last week...so week 16 meaningless//

in 07, we played NE and it was significant bc that was the game that propelled the team.

but yeah i see ur point, i guess i should change my stance to "we've had a lot to play for late in the season since 07" and exclude the week 17 part. <====week 16 you meant

but being able to win the division in a head to head battle with the division rival is rare, the last time we've been in this kind of situation was 1993 i believe.

and the title of the thread is what kind of threw me bc in 07 like u said we'd already clinched so the final week wasnt HUGE but it still was the situation u get those butterfly feelings and 08 09 and last year were sim

the year after #1 seed we were eliminated week 16, philly got the last seed in week 17 when they smashed dallas, so week 17 was meaningless.

so yeah..

everyone is different, thats why i said, that me personally, havent had this feeling in 3 years. But i dont see how you had feelings that relate to this, the past 2 years, at week 17, we didnt have a "win and in" situation for the div. crown. It was more like " wait and see if these teams lose and well get in" ya know...now its like you win sunday and you are NFC East div. champs.