PDA

View Full Version : Wellington is smiling

YATittle1962
12-30-2011, 03:17 AM
I was just thinking of our beloved Wellington Mara and how he would always say.......just have the last game of the regular season mean something

Mr. Mara will be smiling upon all of us come Sunday night

ELIistheFRANCHISE
12-30-2011, 03:21 AM
I was just thinking of our beloved Wellington Mara and how he would always say.......just have the last game of the regular season mean something

this YA

giantsfan420
12-30-2011, 03:56 AM
+1. Hopefully us Giants fan will all have a smile from ear to ear early Sunday night bc we blow Dallas out of the water

fletch842
12-30-2011, 08:02 AM
While the league makes plenty of changes that have us all scratching our heads, the decision to back load the schedule with division match-ups has proven to be a really awesome decision.

giantyankee1976
12-30-2011, 08:39 AM
definitely agree with the League decision to schedule Divisional games with the last weeks factored in.

even if this game wasn't a Win-and-In situation, who wouldn't want to play the spoiler and ruffle the feathers of a Div rival?

GameTime
12-30-2011, 09:59 AM
that would be inspriational to the team for sure. Have John Mara come and down to the team and give a little speech on behalf of Wellington. Remind the team of what the Giants are and what they meant to Wellington. </P>

</P>

yatitle
12-30-2011, 10:05 AM
Wellington even in his last years did not try to hide his contempt for both the Cowboys and especially Jerry Jones who exemplifies everything Wellington hated about the "new" NFL.

Voldamort
12-30-2011, 10:10 AM
Just win the game!!!!

jints10
12-30-2011, 10:20 AM
Let's make Well proud and be loud! We gotta win this one to give this new house of ours a little bit of positive history.......LET'S GO BIG BLUE!!!!!

Roosevelt
12-30-2011, 10:56 AM

That's all we can ask for.

We've been so close the last few years. Let's get in this year and see if we can do a little damage.

[B]

YATittle1962
12-30-2011, 12:06 PM
that would be inspriational to the team for sure. Have John Mara come and down to the team and give a little speech on behalf of Wellington. Remind the team of what the Giants are and what they meant to Wellington. </P>

*</P>

I absolutely think its important that the players understand how a man who owned the team from the age of 14 until the day he passed felt about playing with purpose and how absolutely involved he was with sculpting the game into its modern form

I wonder how many young guys actually know anything about their late storied owner

Wellington will be on my mind as I stand in that stadium on sunday night .....he would be so happy that his boys are playing in an extremely meaningful game this late in the season

I also happen to know he not so secretly despised the way his Cowboy counter part handled his business and the way he has always interfered with the coach on the sidelines

if you put me under hypnosis and asked me to describe a situation that would get me so excited that I would just about levitate ........my answer would be ...give me the last game of the NY Football Giants season ... division title on the line.....at home.....and the only thing in the way is the Dallas Cowboys

NY_Eli
12-30-2011, 12:11 PM

*</P>

I think it would be more inspirational to have Wellington come down to the team and give a little speech!

All joking aside, he would be positively fired up this sunday. As a fantastic of an owner he was, I felt like he was a fan first.

GameTime
12-30-2011, 12:22 PM

</P>

I absolutely think its important that the players understand how a man who owned the team from the age of 14 until the day he passed felt about playing with purpose and how absolutely involved he was with sculpting the game into its modern form I wonder how many young guys actually know anything about their late storied owner Wellington will be on my mind as I stand in that stadium on sunday night .....he would be so happy that his boys are playing in an extremely meaningful game this late in the season I also happen to know he not so secretly despised the way his Cowboy counter part handled his business and the way he has always interfered with the coach on the sidelines if you put me under hypnosis and asked me to describe a situation that would get me so excited that I would just about levitate ........my answer would be ...give me the last game of the NY Football Giants season ... division title on the line.....at home.....and the only thing in the way is the Dallas Cowboys</P>

sounds all good to me YA. Enjoy the game and I will be there in spirit. You, Ro, and others on the board will be there with all the good vibes. </P>

As many do I have the pic with JJ in the fore ground with the score board in the background showing 00 on the clock and the score...Giants 21 Cowboys 17.......Lets hope for a redo of that....</P>

</P>

</P>

</P>

GameTime
12-30-2011, 12:24 PM

</P>

I think it would be more inspirational to have Wellington come down to the team and give a little speech! All joking aside, he would be positively fired up this sunday. As a fantastic of an owner he was, I felt like he was a fan first.</P>

hopefully before Sunday some one from the team mentions Wellington and even mentions Bob Tisch as well. They both loved the Gianst org and the NFLmore than life itself it would seem.....</P>

byron
12-30-2011, 12:28 PM

*</P>

I absolutely think its important that the players understand how a man who owned the team from the age of 14 until the day he passed felt about playing with purpose and how absolutely involved he was with sculpting the game into its modern form

I wonder how many young guys actually know anything about their late storied owner

Wellington will be on my mind as I stand in that stadium on sunday night .....he would be so happy that his boys are playing in an extremely meaningful game this late in the season

I also happen to know he not so secretly despised the way his Cowboy counter part handled his business and the way he has always interfered with the coach on the sidelines

if you put me under hypnosis and asked me to describe a situation that would get me so excited that I would just about levitate ........my answer would be ...give me the last game of the NY Football Giants season ... division title on the line.....at home.....and the only thing in the way is the Dallas Cowboys Good stuff YA !

pino
12-30-2011, 02:26 PM
Giants are definitely not short on the drama. This game has been on my mind all week. I don't even want to think that losing is possible.

I don't care how we got here! Just give me all you got Giants!

G-Men Surg.
12-30-2011, 02:35 PM

He's going to have the " best seat in the house " as always sunday night.

YATittle1962
12-30-2011, 03:13 PM

He's going to have the " best seat in the house " as always sunday night.

absolutely

gmen0820
12-30-2011, 03:15 PM
Now YA, I know you have connections, but.. ;)

+1, Nice post

NYG 5
12-30-2011, 04:39 PM
New York was really fortunate to have two of the great sportsman-owners of the last century. Wellington Mara, and on the opposite side of the same coin, George Steinbrenner.

Find me another set of owners who put as much funding and attention in the TEAM

patsrule666
12-30-2011, 07:23 PM

*</P>

if you put me under hypnosis and asked me to describe a situation that would get me so excited that I would just about levitate ........my answer would be ...give me the last game of the NY Football Giants season ... division title on the line.....at home.....and the only thing in the way is the Dallas CowboysI am sure Timothy would be proud as well. I would say $500 very well spent..Good luck.

miked1958
12-31-2011, 03:45 AM

And it does.
Especially gratifying seeing we were bombarded with injuries this season