PDA

View Full Version : Ojomo...

poppa smurph
05-03-2013, 08:39 PM
Anybody know Ojomo's health status? If I remember correctly, he was IR'd early last season in what seemed to be a roster number move, similar to Cruz a few years back. Our D figures to see quite a bit of change this year with the draft and FA coupled with relative unknowns in Ojomo and Kuhn.Me likey where this could go...

Flip Empty
05-03-2013, 08:45 PM
He wasn't IR'd, he was just never activated. Well, save for the Cleveland game.

Sovereign
05-03-2013, 08:45 PM
Ojomo is probably fine. I think he stays. Kuhn on the other hand is gonna get practice squadded.

RoanokeFan
05-03-2013, 09:11 PM
Anybody know Ojomo's health status? If I remember correctly, he was IR'd early last season in what seemed to be a roster number move, similar to Cruz a few years back. Our D figures to see quite a bit of change this year with the draft and FA coupled with relative unknowns in Ojomo and Kuhn.Me likey where this could go...

He was just inactive

poppa smurph
05-03-2013, 09:11 PM
He wasn't IR'd, he was just never activated. Well, save for the Cleveland game.Huh, thought for sure he had some type of active roster exemption sometime last year. Course, I've been wrong before lol.

joemorrisforprez
05-03-2013, 09:16 PM
He was way too impressive in the preseason to be used in the regular season....would have pissed off all the guys resting on their Super Bowl laurels.

Cloud57
05-03-2013, 09:26 PM
He was way too impressive in the preseason to be used in the regular season....would have pissed off all the guys resting on their Super Bowl laurels.Rookies should take note, if you want to play don't impress anyone in preseason lol

DownWitJPP
05-03-2013, 09:27 PM
am i the only one not sold on Ojomo? he was going against 2nd and 3rd stringers in pre-season and some people act as if he's the next JPP.

poppa smurph
05-03-2013, 09:28 PM
He was just inactiveGood to hear. When was the last time the Defence had so many changes from one year to the next?

Cloud57
05-03-2013, 09:32 PM
am i the only one not sold on Ojomo? he was going against 2nd and 3rd stringers in pre-season and some people act as if he's the next JPP.Ojomo = The JPP of pre-season

poppa smurph
05-03-2013, 09:40 PM
am i the only one not sold on Ojomo? he was going against 2nd and 3rd stringers in pre-season and some people act as if he's the next JPP.Obviously not as the coaching staff thought there were better players. BTW, nobody's comparing Ojomo to JPP, least not in this thread.

bearbryant
05-03-2013, 09:46 PM
Kuhn was active in regular season. Can he go on the practice squad?

TextureDj
05-03-2013, 09:49 PM
Ojomo = The JPP of pre-seasonOjomo = the Ramseys Barden of JPP's? preseason super hero? man I hope not....

poppa smurph
05-03-2013, 09:57 PM
Ojomo = the Ramseys Barden of JPP's? preseason super hero? man I hope not....Lol, these comparisons are getting out of hand

DownWitJPP
05-03-2013, 10:05 PM
Obviously not as the coaching staff thought there were better players. BTW, nobody's comparing Ojomo to JPP, least not in this thread. It wasn't directed at you smurph, as a whole the fanbase seems to think Ojomo is the next big thing

DownWitJPP
05-03-2013, 10:06 PM
Ojomo = the Ramseys Barden of JPP's? preseason super hero? man I hope not.... LOL that was good

amukamerica
05-03-2013, 10:17 PM
if ojomo was some super secret weapon, do you think we would have spent a early pick on a DE?

Diamondring
05-03-2013, 10:40 PM
am i the only one not sold on Ojomo? he was going against 2nd and 3rd stringers in pre-season and some people act as if he's the next JPP.Hey better than nothin.

Buddy333
05-03-2013, 10:40 PM
Can't believe they didn't start him the first game of the season after he badly beat players who probably didn't make their own team.

NorwoodBlue
05-03-2013, 10:49 PM
I knew there'd have to be an Ojomo post soon. No he wasn't IR'ed, he just sucked. The coaches wouldn't even dress him but management wouldn't cut him because of the fan support he had. Total waste of a roster spot last year. He's been given a full year to develop, we'll see if he's any better this year. There's a reason he went to a major football school, and still didn't get drafted, he's just not that good.

Buddy333
05-03-2013, 10:51 PM
Lots of guys go to major schools, don't get drafted, and become good players in the NFL.

poppa smurph
05-03-2013, 11:35 PM
I knew there'd have to be an Ojomo post soon. No he wasn't IR'ed, he just sucked. The coaches wouldn't even dress him but management wouldn't cut him because of the fan support he had. Total waste of a roster spot last year. He's been given a full year to develop, we'll see if he's any better this year. There's a reason he went to a major football school, and still didn't get drafted, he's just not that good.Somewhere in there is an anywhere to my question... oh.. it was cause management was afraid to cut someone that they know us bad but won't, cause they know the fan base would be pissed. It's clear to me now....PS Glad I could prove you right on the Ojomo thread theory

Rat_bastich
05-03-2013, 11:42 PM
Kuhn was active in regular season. Can he go on the practice squad?

If he was active on the 46 man roster for 8 games then no. That is pretty much considered the first year towards your eligibility for free agency.

poppa smurph
05-03-2013, 11:44 PM
if ojomo was some super secret weapon, do you think we would have spent a early pick on a DE?I would if I secretly knew my secret weapon sucked but can't cut him cause the fans love him..

jomo
05-04-2013, 12:07 AM
am i the only one not sold on Ojomo? he was going against 2nd and 3rd stringers in pre-season and some people act as if he's the next JPP.Based on how JPP played last year, that is not a high bar to set.

Sovereign
05-04-2013, 12:33 AM
Based on how JPP played last year, that is not a high bar to set.

lol

Flip Empty
05-04-2013, 12:59 AM
So secret that even the team doesn't know about him.

Rat_bastich
05-04-2013, 01:02 AM
Jomo, isn't he your Irish cousin? O'Jomo.

Thanks I'll be here all week...try the prime rib....

poppa smurph
05-04-2013, 01:41 AM
So secret that even the team doesn't know about him.So secret the Patriots don't even have a picture of him

poppa smurph
05-04-2013, 01:43 AM
So secret the Patriots don't even have a picture of himNew name, " double O'Jomo

G-Men Surg.
05-04-2013, 02:57 AM
Ojomo is probably fine. I think he stays. Kuhn on the other hand is gonna get practice squadded.

Is he still elegible for practice squad ? I have my doubts.

Rat_bastich
05-04-2013, 03:11 AM

No, he was active in 10 games which puts him over the 8 games. He has to be released or stay on the 53 man roster. Of course they don't have to activate him.

Redeyejedi
05-04-2013, 08:52 AM
Lots of guys go to major schools, don't get drafted, and become good players in the NFL.Thats true but many dont severely lack athletic ability. Most are just undersized

sheli no more
05-04-2013, 09:00 AM
Yes I like double ojomo. You better believ the Patriots have pictures of him especially in the bathroom. Belichek loves those the most ;)

gmen0820
05-04-2013, 12:19 PM
I hope he can match the last NFL DE named Adewale.

BigBlue wins
05-04-2013, 12:48 PM

Thanks I'll be here all week...try the prime rib....

LOL

and by the way, this is a great thread haha

Toadofsteel
05-04-2013, 07:24 PM
One thing's for sure: Ojomo would have given a lot more on the field than Tuck did. I'm not 100% sure it would translate into production, but Ojomo would have definitely given more than two ****s about playing hard for 60 minutes...

jomo
05-04-2013, 08:22 PM

Thanks I'll be here all week...try the prime rib....Yes he is and we are all pulling for him. lol

Sovereign
05-05-2013, 04:39 AM

Looks like I'm wrong. Well he's a goner.

Rat_bastich
05-05-2013, 04:45 AM
One thing's for sure: Ojomo would have given a lot more on the field than Tuck did. I'm not 100% sure it would translate into production, but Ojomo would have definitely given more than two ****s about playing hard for 60 minutes...

I agree but it was probably a hard thing for the coaches to do. It's kind of like in baseball where a normally good hitter goes on a slump and you are just waiting for him to break out of that slump, which most eventually do. Unfortunately in this case, Tuck never broke out of his slump and at times looked like he was more content to wallow in his own misery. I don't doubt he probably tried, but I don't think he could figure out what was wrong.

At that point the coaches probably should've given the young guys a look...it couldn't have been any worse. Maybe rejuvenate the team through new blood or something. I'm sure thats why they are bringing in more guys now, draft wise and free agency. Get a good rotation going, get some new blood in there and make sure some folks get a rest.

Captain Chaos
05-05-2013, 06:50 AM
In one of the scouting reports they said, "Motor is always running, hard worker, plays with a mean streak... " It also said that he had experience (1 year) playing DT but was very raw and needed work before he was ready for the NFL. So he was a project. Will have to see what he does this year, he has the versatility that the Giants like...

poppa smurph
05-05-2013, 10:45 AM
In one of the scouting reports they said, "Motor is always running, hard worker, plays with a mean streak... " It also said that he had experience (1 year) playing DT but was very raw and needed work before he was ready for the NFL. So he was a project. Will have to see what he does this year, he has the versatility that the Giants like...This is Ojomo you're talking about?

jomo
05-05-2013, 10:49 AM
This is Ojomo you're talking about?The truth is that I never fall in love with guys on hype, potential, size, even previous resume. I only get fired up when I see real production in real NFL games, playing for us against starters on the other side of the ball. In the mean time I will be at most intrigued................even if he is my cousin. ;)

poppa smurph
05-05-2013, 11:07 AM
The truth is that I never fall in love with guys on hype, potential, size, even previous resume. I only get fired up when I see real production in real NFL games, playing for us against starters on the other side of the ball. In the mean time I will be at most intrigued................even if he is my cousin. ;)lol.. I'm just excited to see these new faces on the Dline. Hopefully the new additions play with a hunger that snickers alone can't satisfy, possibly motivating Justin Tuck.

jomo
05-05-2013, 12:29 PM
lol.. I'm just excited to see these new faces on the Dline. Hopefully the new additions play with a hunger that snickers alone can't satisfy, possibly motivating Justin Tuck.Totally agree Pops. We need new faces, new energy, new starters along the DL and I'm excited for that. Change is necessary and energizing, not just on the football field but in life. If Ojomo can work his way into the mix it will give me solid material for a few years......................and by the way, for the record, 6 years before there was Ojomo, Jomo lived here at TGMB!

RoanokeFan
05-05-2013, 01:09 PM
The truth is that I never fall in love with guys on hype, potential, size, even previous resume. I only get fired up when I see real production in real NFL games, playing for us against starters on the other side of the ball. In the mean time I will be at most intrigued................even if he is my cousin. ;)

He is going to make you proud this season and then you are going to have to invite him to the reunion.

RoanokeFan
05-05-2013, 01:11 PM
lol.. I'm just excited to see these new faces on the Dline. Hopefully the new additions play with a hunger that snickers alone can't satisfy, possibly motivating Justin Tuck.

Tucks either needs to be motivated or moved.

jomo
05-05-2013, 01:22 PM
He is going to make you proud this season and then you are going to have to invite him to the reunion.That's gonna be awkward. How do I introduce someone from the Irish side of the family to the rest of us from the Italian side? Still, I would be happy to figure that one out. lol

RoanokeFan
05-05-2013, 01:23 PM
That's gonna be awkward. How do I introduce someone from the Irish side of the family to the rest of us from the Italian side? I would be happy to figure that one out. lol

That's easy. Invite the Irish side three hours early, full open bar, when the Italians get there, NO PROBLEM Danny Boy.

jomo
05-05-2013, 01:27 PM
That's easy. Invite the Irish side three hours early, full open bar, when the Italians get there, NO PROBLEM Danny Boy.Might you also be available to cater the event?

RoanokeFan
05-05-2013, 01:30 PM
Might you also be available to cater the event?

In a heartbeat my friend

BigJ
05-05-2013, 05:53 PM
am i the only one not sold on Ojomo? he was going against 2nd and 3rd stringers in pre-season and some people act as if he's the next JPP. no your not the only one, and if they had that much faith in Ojomo i don't think they would have drafted Demontre Moore in the 3rd round. and as you said put him against first string guys then we can see what type of player he is

Captain Chaos
05-05-2013, 07:01 PM
This is Ojomo you're talking about?

duh!

myles2424
05-05-2013, 07:30 PM
am i the only one not sold on Ojomo? he was going against 2nd and 3rd stringers in pre-season and some people act as if he's the next JPP.

Ofcourse nobody can be sold on a guy that didn't play....people (including myself) are intrigued by a his preseason dominance....alot of people wanted to give up on Cruz also, many were saying "he was going against 2nd & 3rd stringers" also....it's one thing to look good in preseason, it's another to flat out dominate preseason.....Let's reserve judgement until we can actually see him play in a game...he made the team for a reason...
Also,nobody's expecting the next JPP...As a UDFA if he can be the next Tollefsen that'd be great...

TCHOF
05-05-2013, 07:34 PM
Ofcourse nobody can be sold on a guy that didn't play....people (including myself) are intrigued by a his preseason dominance....alot of people wanted to give up on Cruz also, many were saying "he was going against 2nd & 3rd stringers" also....it's one thing to look good in preseason, it's another to flat out dominate preseason.....Let's reserve judgement until we can actually see him play in a game...he made the team for a reason...
Also,nobody's expecting the next JPP...As a UDFA if he can be the next Tollefsen that'd be great...

Well put

RoanokeFan
05-05-2013, 07:35 PM

+1

BigBlue wins
05-05-2013, 07:48 PM
+1

If you remember from the Jet's preseason game with Cruz, they even said in Hard Knocks that he was going up against people that were first stringers for Jets.

Still, If Ojomo wasn't starting, let's see what a year under his belt has done for him.

DownWitJPP
05-05-2013, 07:52 PM
yup Cruz was going up against some of the Jets starters and making them look silly. Ojomo was playing against backups, you can't really compare the two. As far as Damontre Moore, I don't see anything special in him either, I hope I'm wrong

RoanokeFan
05-05-2013, 07:53 PM
If you remember from the Jet's preseason game with Cruz, they even said in Hard Knocks that he was going up against people that were first stringers for Jets.

Still, If Ojomo wasn't starting, let's see what a year under his belt has done for him.

He hasn't had a real year under his belt as he was inactive all season. But I agree he, like Tracy, showed flashes that some of us would like to be given a chance, if only rotationally.

NorwoodBlue
05-05-2013, 08:02 PM
In one of the scouting reports they said, "Motor is always running, hard worker, plays with a mean streak... " It also said that he had experience (1 year) playing DT but was very raw and needed work before he was ready for the NFL. So he was a project. Will have to see what he does this year, he has the versatility that the Giants like...

Here's his bio from Miami: http://www.hurricanesports.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=28700&ATCLID=205558675

Not all that impressive really. He was a utility guy who found sporadic starts at the college level. Let's hope he's a late bloomer.

jomo
05-05-2013, 08:22 PM
Here's his bio from Miami: http://www.hurricanesports.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=28700&ATCLID=205558675

Not all that impressive really. He was a utility guy who found sporadic starts at the college level. Let's hope he's a late bloomer.+1 and those are the kind of guys you get as UDFA. If they didn't have a bunch of question marks surrounding them, they would have been drafted. The great part is, some of them make it. I like this part of the game alot because so many of these kids have big dreams, some of which are realized.

TextureDj
05-05-2013, 08:33 PM
yup Cruz was going up against some of the Jets starters and making them look silly. Ojomo was playing against backups, you can't really compare the two. As far as Damontre Moore, I don't see anything special in him either, I hope I'm wrongcall me crazy, but out playing a lower tier of player indicates, to me, that the dominating player is a cut above those dominated? Doesnt that mean he is likely better than a backup, or at least has the potential to be, at least to some degree?

RoanokeFan
05-05-2013, 08:40 PM
+1 and those are the kind of guys you get as UDFA. If they didn't have a bunch of question marks surrounding them, they would have been drafted. The great part is, some of them make it. I like this part of the game alot because so many of these kids have big dreams, some of which are realized.

Hynoski was a gem

nhpgiantsfan
05-05-2013, 09:51 PM
Hynoski was a gem

Yes, but he wasn't exactly a hidden gem. He was ranked pretty high among college FBs, even though he entered the draft after his junior year. It's just that they don't fly off the draft boards like DE's do.

RoanokeFan
05-05-2013, 10:07 PM
Yes, but he wasn't exactly a hidden gem. He was ranked pretty high among college FBs, even though he entered the draft after his junior year. It's just that they don't fly off the draft boards like DE's do.

Still, as an UDFA he has done a great job for us from day 1. We talk about draft picks starting and here's an undrafted FA who has.

nhpgiantsfan
05-05-2013, 10:15 PM
Still, as an UDFA he has done a great job for us from day 1. We talk about draft picks starting and here's an undrafted FA who has.

Agreed, he's an animal.

RoanokeFan
05-05-2013, 10:16 PM
Agreed, he's an animal.

A guy who just wants to play

Astorian
05-05-2013, 11:53 PM
That's easy. Invite the Irish side three hours early, full open bar, when the Italians get there, NO PROBLEM Danny Boy.I resemble that remark.