PDA

View Full Version : Giants That Concern You This Coming Season...

BlueOldSchool
05-04-2013, 04:26 PM
Baas- Can he last a whole season
Diehl- Slow
Ross- Injuries
Thomas- Injuries
Webster- Poor Play
Kiwanuka- Not that effective

gabriel_1
05-04-2013, 06:05 PM
I would also say Amukamara. It worries me because he has't been healthy a full season, and all our other CB's are not very good.

I hope we do not lose him this season.

Rudyy
05-04-2013, 06:13 PM
Surprised Nicks isn't on your list. Beast when healthy, but can't stay healthy.

Diamondring
05-04-2013, 06:23 PM
Surprised Nicks isn't on your list. Beast when healthy, but can't stay healthy.Could have if one Buc didn't purposly step on his foot with all his weight. Posters thought it was a mistake but not I.

Sovereign
05-04-2013, 06:34 PM
Kiwi had the misfortune of being misused by Fewell. He can't bulk up to be an effective DE because he has LB duties and he can't slim down too much so he isn't useless on the line. He should be better now that he's more of a DE again.

Webster concerns me greatly. T2 as well.

ironfox
05-04-2013, 06:58 PM
Tuck. His play has been declining the past few seasons for whatever reason age injuries doesnt matter he is not the same player he was once was.

Carter.525
05-04-2013, 07:02 PM
the LB spots is my biggest concern.. can Rivers and J Will stay healthy and what will get out of Connor..?

FishinTheSalt
05-04-2013, 07:10 PM
Perry Fewell, I'm still not sold that our only problems on defense were injuries, great coaches find ways to make do with what they have. I didn't see any noticable halftime adjustments last year. Lots of holes in our zone coverages and players out of position. Hope I'm wrong.

Roosevelt
05-04-2013, 07:20 PM
RG - Will Snee return to form or continue his decline
RT - Rookie are always a concern
TE - New guy supposedly needs to work on his blocking
QB - Will Eli bounce back from a disappointing 2012 season?
DL - Will the strength of our team show up this year?
LB - It's tough to get excited about our corp of LB'ers.
DB's - Will they continue to rely on the INT?
Kicker - No more Lawrence Tynes.

Toadofsteel
05-04-2013, 07:20 PM
Perry Fewell, I'm still not sold that our only problems on defense were injuries, great coaches find ways to make do with what they have. I didn't see any noticable halftime adjustments last year. Lots of holes in our zone coverages and players out of position. Hope I'm wrong.

My main beef with PF is specifically said lack of halftime adjustment. He does get more creative than Killdrive when it comes to personnel groupings... I wouldn't be surprised to see a 4 DT set for a play or two... although as soon as that comes out on the field, expect a lot of play action...

ShakeandBake
05-04-2013, 07:21 PM
Baas- Can he last a whole season
Diehl- Slow
Ross- Injuries
Thomas- Injuries
Webster- Poor Play
Kiwanuka- Not that effective

Hopefully we wont see Ross or Thomas play unless its on ST, but considering that our DBs are made of glass I'm not going to hold my breath

Captain Chaos
05-04-2013, 07:23 PM
Surprised no one said Tuck... I think there are plenty of concerns to go around, but I also think there is plenty to get excited about!

Toadofsteel
05-04-2013, 07:28 PM
I'm concerned about the OL. I hope that Pugh brings a youth infusion into the line and they play a lot better across the unit. Eli was getting more pressures and hurries than a lot of other folks, and it's all on his own pocket presence that he only got sacked 20 or so times. A better OL means both a better Eli and a better run game.

BlueOldSchool
05-04-2013, 07:30 PM
Surprised Nicks isn't on your list. Beast when healthy, but can't stay healthy.
Ya know... I was gonna put him on that list, too... Nice call, Rudyy... and I love the "Giants fan since 525 BC!

FishinTheSalt
05-04-2013, 07:32 PM
Surprised no one said Tuck... I think there are plenty of concerns to go around, but I also think there is plenty to get excited about!

Almost every post in this thread is about the defense, seems we all have some concerns and no one is fighting. Am I in the right place? Oh right, it's only page 2. I agree there is plenty to be excited about.

BlueOldSchool
05-04-2013, 07:32 PM
Tuck. His play has been declining the past few seasons for whatever reason age injuries doesnt matter he is not the same player he was once was.

Yes...I forgot him, too! He looked gassed by the end of the season last year... (and sometimes in the middle of the season).

BlueOldSchool
05-04-2013, 07:36 PM
Almost every post in this thread is about the defense, seems we all have some concerns and no one is fighting. Am I in the right place? Oh right, it's only page 2. I agree there is plenty to be excited about.
LOL! Yes... that said, I think after the way last season went (the one of many that got away)... it's like we're not sure if we're going to end up with a 2008 or 2012 season... just when you think it won't happen... IT DOES!!! And then there's being a Philadelphia Eagles fan... hahahahahahaha!!!!!!!!!!

ashleymarie
05-04-2013, 08:57 PM
Webby, Tuck, Diehl (evan as a backup), game calling and planning, Oline always.

BlueOldSchool
05-05-2013, 12:56 AM
Kicker - No more Lawrence Tynes.

Good point...

Flip Empty
05-05-2013, 02:04 AM
Josh Brown should be fine.

Eli is my chief concern. If he sucks again the team will follow. I don't know what happened after those first few games; it was looking like he was about to have an MVP-type year. Then the wheels fell off and subsequently exploded.

BlueOldSchool
05-05-2013, 02:09 AM
Josh Brown should be fine.

Eli is my chief concern. If he sucks again the team will follow. I don't know what happened after those first few games; it was looking like he was about to have an MVP-type year. Then the wheels fell off and subsequently exploded.
Do you think not having a solid 3rd receiver in Mario Manningham hurt Eli?

jintsfan666
05-05-2013, 03:38 AM
Strength and training staff. Need to emphasize the benefits of go easy early, go long hard. Our stretching philosophy needs to be questioned.Too much going hard early resulting in going out late. LOL. I know. It's Greek to yall.

nhpgiantsfan
05-05-2013, 07:34 AM
Hopefully we wont see Ross or Thomas play unless its on ST, but considering that our DBs are made of glass I'm not going to hold my breath

One of them, probably Ross, is going to be the number 3 CB. You will see alot of them.

nhpgiantsfan
05-05-2013, 07:37 AM
Tuck, Webster, all of the LB's, and Stevie Brown (i love all the int's, but not sure about his cover skills.)

Dave Brown
05-05-2013, 09:18 AM

Not really. I think what hurt him was not having a legitimate 2nd receiver last year. Nicks was hurt for the majority of the season. So the number 2 receiver was mostly Hixon, when it wasn't Barden or Randle. I think Randle can be good as early as this year and definitely within the next two years, but he wasn't ready to be a true number 2 last year. Hixon is ok, and he definitely worked hard, but he's not Nicks. With Nicks and Cruz both healthy and both playing high stakes seasons from the standpoint of their own bank accounts, I think you'll see a nice bounceback in Eli's production this year.

GiantsRevival2
05-05-2013, 09:34 AM
Agree. Tucks play and health are a huge concern. With losing Osi we are thinner at DE than we have been in a long time. If Tuck can return to form our defense can be very good. Second concern is corner for me. I'm not worried about Lber at all. When is the last time we had good Lbers? We won 2 Superbowls recently without dominating LBer play. We can do it again. I hope we pick up some corner depth after June 1st cuts because we are really thin at that position.

jomo
05-05-2013, 10:00 AM
In a word, offensivelinelinebackers :cool:

ashleymarie
05-05-2013, 10:26 AM

Depends on if Eli was injured. MM was fascinating to watch at times, but if Eli was injured it's not likely MM could have helped much.

BigBlue wins
05-05-2013, 10:45 AM
I want the O-line to be better. When Eli has time to throw and the O-Line can grind out yards in the running game, we are easily the best team in the NFL.

B&RWarrior
05-05-2013, 11:11 AM
I'm worried about the secondary. Beyond all the picks SS gets burned a lot. KP is gone. He was the most consistent force in the secondary. TT and Ross always got burned before age and injuries and I expect more of the same. If Hosely doesn't progress we could be in trouble. I like what Prince has shown me thus far, but I don't think he's a shut down corner.

C-Web will comeback to his old standard, at the worst slightly less, but much better than last year....yes I am super-biased.

ryan12
05-05-2013, 11:57 AM
Webster tuck and dd

Red Dog
05-05-2013, 12:13 PM
Tuck, will he or won't he

ShakeandBake
05-05-2013, 12:23 PM
One of them, probably Ross, is going to be the number 3 CB. You will see alot of them.

Why would Ross get the nod over Hosley? The FO has also already said that TT is now a safety. These two should not see the field unless there is an injury.

Carter.525
05-05-2013, 12:30 PM
Why would Ross get the nod over Hosley? The FO has also already said that TT is now a safety. These two should not see the field unless there is an injury.

TT is a safety?

Rolle, Stevie, Hill, TT, Mundy, Sash & Taylor..... Dang

ShakeandBake
05-05-2013, 12:32 PM
TT is a safety?

Rolle, Stevie, Hill, TT, Mundy, Sash & Taylor..... Dang

I'm pretty sure it was mentioned he would be playing safety when he was brought back this year. Either way hes not going to be starting.