PDA

View Full Version : Possible Perry Fewell Carjacking? (NASCAR)

Breezely
05-04-2013, 07:30 PM
http://myseattlesports.com/seahawks/seattle-seahawks-can-find-success-with-the-giant%E2%80%99s-nascar-package

The Seattle Seahawks can possibly deploy their own version of a NASCAR package. I don't know how reliable the blogger may be but we all know tthat this is a copy cat league.

ALLnygIN
05-04-2013, 07:53 PM
I like seattles D, in fact they're sick, anyway, If they were to do that I'm sure they'd be more effective at it than us.

Carter.525
05-04-2013, 08:03 PM
That's highway robbery..!

jomo
05-04-2013, 08:15 PM
Not sure the NASCAR package was anything more than a figment of Fewell's imagination. When did our rush ever really overwhelm offenses for long periods of time? The Seahawks can have it.

Breezely
05-04-2013, 08:19 PM
Not sure the NASCAR package was anything more than a figment of Fewell's imagination. When did our rush ever really overwhelm offenses for long periods of time? The Seahawks can have it.

I couldn't do anything but laugh at your response, because I kind of felt the same way. It may have worked a few times but they really don't need a gimmick rush. The Giants may be going from that gimmick rush thing anyway. Maybe in certain situations.

FishinTheSalt
05-04-2013, 08:21 PM

Agreed, I hope it works as well for them as it did for us.

Carter.525
05-04-2013, 08:26 PM
Agreed, I hope it works as well for them as it did for us.

Haha +1

jomo
05-04-2013, 08:29 PM
I couldn't do anything but laugh at your response, because I kind of felt the same way. It may have worked a few times but they really don't need a gimmick rush. The Giants may be going from that gimmick rush thing anyway. Maybe in certain situations.Not a big fan of gimmicks..............I prefer disciplined, tenacious players who play within their schemes. I also prefer a D coordinator who understands how to develop a strong game plan that is adjusted during the game based on the flow of the game,

poppa smurph
05-04-2013, 09:23 PM
Not sure the NASCAR package was anything more than a figment of Fewell's imagination. When did our rush ever really overwhelm offenses for long periods of time? The Seahawks can have it.Their defensive backfield will probably hold up a little longer in coverage then ours. That certainly didn't help matters.

giantsfan420
05-04-2013, 11:54 PM
it wasnt a gimmick. we had more than 2 quality pass rushers, some of which can move inside. it was a gimmicky name for a staple other DC's use. Pretty much every team will line up their best 4 pass rushers on 3rd and long. its just, our strategy has been to hoard pass rushing DE's, so we've had 4 legitimate dangerous pass rushers (Tuck, Osi, Jpp, and then we've had Stray, Kiwi, Tolly, etc). Most teams dont have that luxury but with more teams following the "never have enough pass rushers mantra", we arent the only team doing that. we just are the only team to refer to it as a nascar package.

ShakeandBake
05-05-2013, 12:19 AM
it wasnt a gimmick. we had more than 2 quality pass rushers, some of which can move inside. it was a gimmicky name for a staple other DC's use. Pretty much every team will line up their best 4 pass rushers on 3rd and long. its just, our strategy has been to hoard pass rushing DE's, so we've had 4 legitimate dangerous pass rushers (Tuck, Osi, Jpp, and then we've had Stray, Kiwi, Tolly, etc). Most teams dont have that luxury but with more teams following the "never have enough pass rushers mantra", we arent the only team doing that. we just are the only team to refer to it as a nascar package.

Kiwi, and most certainly Tolly do not fall into that category at all. The only reason we were able to do the NASCAR package was because Tuck has(had) as did Stray the ability to move inside on 3rd down and obvious passing situations.

giantsforce
05-05-2013, 01:46 PM
Not a big fan of gimmicks..............I prefer disciplined, tenacious players who play within their schemes. I also prefer a D coordinator who understands how to develop a strong game plan that is adjusted during the game based on the flow of the game,That would not be Fewell or anyone of the Giants coaches. Somehow the word "adjustment" is not in the Giants coaching vocabulary.

byron
05-05-2013, 03:35 PM
Not a big fan of gimmicks..............I prefer disciplined, tenacious players who play within their schemes. I also prefer a D coordinator who understands how to develop a strong game plan that is adjusted during the game based on the flow of the game, nicely said..... I wonder sometimes if this team ever adjusts a game plan...one would think that they do /should

RagTime Blue
05-05-2013, 03:44 PM
The inside is made for big guys. NASCAR was a good idea that never worked. Tuck was(is) a poor inside rusher, and he was the best of the bunch.

Kruunch
05-06-2013, 08:39 AM
It really annoys me when they say the Nascar package was PF's idea.

Spags is the one who started that (afaik) and the only one to use it successfully.

TheAnalyst
05-06-2013, 10:02 AM
It's was more like a Go-Kart package last year.

TheAnalyst
05-06-2013, 10:03 AM
It really annoys me when they say the Nascar package was PF's idea.

Spags is the one who started that (afaik) and the only one to use it successfully.

Yup. Strahan-Tuck-Kiwi-Osi was the original.