PDA

View Full Version : Was just watching NFL AM

Toadofsteel
05-06-2013, 02:52 PM
They had Aaron Ross on talking about various things for both the Giants and in the NFL as a whole. Then Eric Davis has Ross list off his top 5 current WRs in the league. Ross lists Nicks as the best receiver in the league (ahead of Megatron). Davis called Ross out on the blatantly obvious homer pick and Ross just chuckles at it.

While I'm under no delusion about Nicks being THAT good, I watched the segment more to see Ross's reactions in general. I do like the fact that Ross is backing up the team to the media. He really looks like he's truly enjoying the chance to play with a real NFL team again.

I'm sure this will eventually be posted on nfl.com (and will link when it does), but as of now it was just something I saw on TV.

Giant303
05-06-2013, 03:04 PM
I like that ross is back adds depth to the team knows the system. He was getting toasted on a weekly basis but lets see if that little "vacation" has put some fire back into him.

Toadofsteel
05-06-2013, 03:06 PM
I like that ross is back adds depth to the team knows the system. He was getting toasted on a weekly basis but lets see if that little "vacation" has put some fire back into him.

He quickly dismissed the whole "vacation" thing as soon as it was brought up too... sounds more like a verbal gaffe that he had made than the way he actually felt.

Mercury
05-06-2013, 03:15 PM
I like Ross. He's a lot better than people here give him credit for. I'm not saying he's great, but he has played solidly for us, especially during two SB runs.

Drez
05-06-2013, 03:18 PM
I like Ross. He's a lot better than people here give him credit for. I'm not saying he's great, but he has played solidly for us, especially during two SB runs.Unfortunately, outside of the runs, he's play rather poorly. But, hey, if we make it to the playoffs we'll know he'll step up, lol.

Toadofsteel
05-06-2013, 03:25 PM
Unfortunately, outside of the runs, he's play rather poorly. But, hey, if we make it to the playoffs we'll know he'll step up, lol.

As mediocre as he was, if we had him last season, we would have made the playoffs, merely because it would have been him on the field instead of Justin Tryon in week 1...

Carter.525
05-06-2013, 04:14 PM
Ross is a Nicks homer.. haha

TrueBlue@NYC
05-06-2013, 04:27 PM
Good to have Ross back, he's a competent player at a position where you always need lots of depth.

DownWitJPP
05-06-2013, 04:33 PM
I saw it this morning, this is like the 3rd or 4th time hes been on NFL am. I think Nicks is top 5 on that list, but not ahead of Calvin Johnson. When you guys complain about Ross, just remember how bad Tryon was last year. Ross was never a #1 corner, but he is a solid #2 or 3. If C-web or Prince gets banged up at least we will have a former starter/ vet to back them up. I also like that he's showing his loyalty and love for the organization and teamates...IMO all our players should be doing this

Kruunch
05-06-2013, 04:34 PM
They had Aaron Ross on talking about various things for both the Giants and in the NFL as a whole. Then Eric Davis has Ross list off his top 5 current WRs in the league. Ross lists Nicks as the best receiver in the league (ahead of Megatron). Davis called Ross out on the blatantly obvious homer pick and Ross just chuckles at it.

While I'm under no delusion about Nicks being THAT good, I watched the segment more to see Ross's reactions in general. I do like the fact that Ross is backing up the team to the media. He really looks like he's truly enjoying the chance to play with a real NFL team again.

I'm sure this will eventually be posted on nfl.com (and will link when it does), but as of now it was just something I saw on TV.

Hopefully he can return to his 2008 form.

joemorrisforprez
05-06-2013, 04:45 PM
Glad Reese brought him back. He's a steady player, and has managed to stay healthy, which is a rarity among Giant DBs.

Jahh
05-06-2013, 05:07 PM
Notice he didn't say Cruz...

Giant303
05-06-2013, 05:13 PM
He quickly dismissed the whole "vacation" thing as soon as it was brought up too... sounds more like a verbal gaffe that he had made than the way he actually felt.

oh i'm sure it was. I still think it was pretty funny.

I love Nicks but there is no way that his a top 5 WR in the league. CJ, Andre Johnson, Fitzgerald, AJ Green,Bmarshall, D.Thomas(arguable)..are all better than Nicks right now.

Drez
05-06-2013, 07:27 PM
Hopefully he can return to his 2008 form.He was awful in '08.

Toadofsteel
05-06-2013, 08:51 PM
oh i'm sure it was. I still think it was pretty funny.

I love Nicks but there is no way that his a top 5 WR in the league. CJ, Andre Johnson, Fitzgerald, AJ Green,Bmarshall, D.Thomas(arguable)..are all better than Nicks right now.

Like I said, it wasn't about whether Nicks was actually top 5 or not (I don't think he's top 5 either, with those names you listed, but he IS top 10)... it was about Ross being all-in with his team.

bearbryant
05-07-2013, 01:44 AM
Hopefully he can return to his 2008 form.

Hopefully he returns to his rookie year form. In 2008 he began his physical and emotional downgrade. He was injured some and began talking about not feeling football the way he once did. That was not a good omen for ross and his production as a Giant!

Kruunch
05-07-2013, 09:42 AM
He was awful in '08.

Iz troll?

2008 was Ross' best year and we had a top 5 defense.

I seriously wonder what team some of you are watching sometimes.

TheAnalyst
05-07-2013, 10:02 AM
Nicks had a Megatron/Larry Fitz run in the 2011 playoffs though. He was unstoppable.