PDA

View Full Version : Pugh's draft process

DownWitJPP
05-06-2013, 04:37 PM
good read about Justin Pugh's rise into the first round. Also talks about the behind the scene work being done by his agent

http://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2013/5/6/4293752/nfl-draft-2013-justin-pugh-new-york-giants-andy-ross

giantscolombia
05-06-2013, 04:42 PM
Nooooooo! its blocked here at work!
smh...

DownWitJPP
05-06-2013, 04:45 PM
Nooooooo! its blocked here at work!
smh... that stinks lol...it's a very good read

giantscolombia
05-06-2013, 04:54 PM
I bet dude. Considering that no one had him going in the first round up until the last week before the draft.

ImElectric2
05-06-2013, 05:10 PM
Interesting article.

Especially the part about how teams who draft on "emotion" rather than "set boards" fall victim to runs at certain positions. This would then mark 2 years running (pun slightly intended) that the Giants made picks based on a run at a certain position (RB last year, OL this year).

BPA comes into question yet again...

nygpolishpunk
05-06-2013, 05:19 PM
Really interesting article, makes me really wish I went to school to be a sports agent lol

manton
05-06-2013, 05:22 PM
I was surprised the tidbit about him being one of the best interviewers wasn't a bigger topic during the draft build up. I know it doesn't indicate anything, but intelligence and understanding a plan can mean everything in this team sport of ours.

G-Men Surg.
05-06-2013, 05:30 PM
Great read ! This is living proof that hard work always pays off.

PRGiant
05-06-2013, 09:55 PM
Interesting article.

Especially the part about how teams who draft on "emotion" rather than "set boards" fall victim to runs at certain positions. This would then mark 2 years running (pun slightly intended) that the Giants made picks based on a run at a certain position (RB last year, OL this year).

BPA comes into question yet again...

So now a run is based on 1 RB ...

giantsfan420
05-06-2013, 11:09 PM
it was nice reading that some had him ranked as the 3rd best tackle after i had made the argument l.johnson could be this class's biggest bust potential (2 yrs as T after being a QB, lack of physicallity in his upbringing worries me for an OT. athleticism is great when its in combo with toughness i dunno l johnson is my 3rd rated OT and really 2nd, i just made the argument Pugh COULD be seen as the 3rd best) and its also nice to read about the whole process.

this kid is gonna be a fixture on our OL for a decade.

ImElectric2
05-06-2013, 11:46 PM
So now a run is based on 1 RB ...In Reeses words post draft he was scared of a run. So whether pre-emptive, or however classified, Reese took Wilson because in his mind a run was likely. But who knows, I just based my statement on Reeses own words.

ImElectric2
05-06-2013, 11:50 PM
it was nice reading that some had him ranked as the 3rd best tackle after i had made the argument l.johnson could be this class's biggest bust potential (2 yrs as T after being a QB, lack of physicallity in his upbringing worries me for an OT. athleticism is great when its in combo with toughness i dunno l johnson is my 3rd rated OT and really 2nd, i just made the argument Pugh COULD be seen as the 3rd best) and its also nice to read about the whole process.this kid is gonna be a fixture on our OL for a decade.I actually agree with Pugh being a fixture. My point earlier in this thread didn't reflect my personal opinion on our drafts as I trust our F.O. I also REALLY liked this draft. It was a long time coming, IMO. I think Pugh is gonna surprise a lot of critics and doubters.