PDA

View Full Version : Please TC, coach the team to peak in the last quarter of the season this year!

cva14
05-06-2013, 09:10 PM
Let's not bear down so hard that we have a couple of draft picks and several FAs limping around with "soft tissue" injuries in these OTAs that have us crossing our fingers for September. Let's not apply so much stress that the team is mentally burned out by November and swooning in the fourth quarter of the season. Yeah TC, its time for you to change up the routine. Time for you to learn and try it differently this year. Try easing into this year, because your old way has too high a casualty rate and a mentally tired team when it counts. Plenty of research on the concept of "residual fatigue" from your favorite source--the US military.

M00KIE
05-06-2013, 09:33 PM
Yeah, the 2 time SB winning coach better get on your advice a.s.a.p. He has no idea what he's doing. You however, are a football god. :confused:

RoanokeFan
05-06-2013, 09:58 PM
Let's not bear down so hard that we have a couple of draft picks and several FAs limping around with "soft tissue" injuries in these OTAs that have us crossing our fingers for September. Let's not apply so much stress that the team is mentally burned out by November and swooning in the fourth quarter of the season. Yeah TC, its time for you to change up the routine. Time for you to learn and try it differently this year. Try easing into this year, because your old way has too high a casualty rate and a mentally tired team when it counts. Plenty of research on the concept of "residual fatigue" from your favorite source--the US military.

You realize the new CBA has reduced practices to little more than walk throughs? As for mental fatigue, please, give me a break. These guys get paid a lot of money to play a game. Have you seen an injury report from the OTAs?

4thand1
05-07-2013, 01:37 AM
Clearly any decent coach would've won at least 3 SBs with the Giants by now

Rudyy
05-07-2013, 01:43 AM
Clearly any decent coach would've won at least 3 SBs with the Giants by nowTC isn't a decent coach?

ashleymarie
05-07-2013, 04:53 AM
Last season toward the end I complained about Coughlin's inability to pay attention or focus, he seemed to "zone out". The truth is if we want to win a SB this season, we HAVE to have Coughlin. So I am going to climb aboard his bandwagon and stick there. I will support him and cheer for him and try my best not to be critical of him.

RoanokeFan
05-07-2013, 06:22 AM
Last season toward the end I complained about Coughlin's inability to pay attention or focus, he seemed to "zone out". The truth is if we want to win a SB this season, we HAVE to have Coughlin. So I am going to climb aboard his bandwagon and stick there. I will support him and cheer for him and try my best not to be critical of him.

And you aren't alone

Mercury
05-07-2013, 09:32 AM
Yes, it is indeed because Coughlin works the boys too hard. It makes their tissue soft. Hakeem Nicks is the perfect example. It is all TC's fault that he broke his foot in OTAs last year. Doesn't he know that Nicks already knows his routes. There is no need for him to practice running them at this point in his career. He's not a rookie after all.

If only Coughlin ran football camp like summer camp, we'd maybe be able to peak at the end of the season. I say hold more pillow fights this year! No one gets hurt during pillow fights.

Kruunch
05-07-2013, 09:36 AM
I think at this point we get what we get with TC.

That means well disciplined teams that lose focus/drive in the second half of the season with the chance to catch fire at the tail end of the season and win it all.

No one wants to see the Giants make the playoffs :D

TheAnalyst
05-07-2013, 09:38 AM
Clearly any decent coach would've won at least 3 SBs with the Giants by now

I know this was sarcastic, but if Plax never shot himself, TC would of IMO.

Flip Empty
05-07-2013, 09:48 AM
As for mental fatigue, please, give me a break. These guys get paid a lot of money to play a game.
I don't think money can stop a person from losing focus. It must very difficult to keep a large group of adults engaged for months on end.

RoanokeFan
05-07-2013, 09:52 AM
I don't think money can stop a person from losing focus. It must very difficult to keep a large group of adults engaged for months on end.

I put the mental let down on the players when it happens. You are right about "keeping them focused." This is not kindergarten and if a player needs extra incentive to play his heart out and up to his abilities to secure a playoff berth I don't know what to say.

Flip Empty
05-07-2013, 10:01 AM
I put the mental let down on the players when it happens. You are right about "keeping them focused." This is not kindergarten and if a player needs extra incentive to play his heart out and up to his abilities to secure a playoff berth I don't know what to say.
I'm just trying to understand how a team can sleep walk through a season the way the Giants did for much of last year. It has to be mental rather than physical. Why weren't they motivated? Was it purely a side effect of winning it all the previous year, or something deeper?

RoanokeFan
05-07-2013, 10:06 AM
I'm just trying to understand how a team can sleep walk through a season like the Giants did for much of last year. It has to be mental rather than physical.

Let's be Perry Fewell at the start of last season. He has reason to be confident in his front four repeating their assault on the QB in 2012. The season starts and, WTF, where did they go? There are a million things to get in synch and one of the biggest aspects has gone AWOL. Mental or physical, what happened to Tuck, Osi, and JPP? How can you predict that kind of let down?

Rudyy
05-07-2013, 10:13 AM
Let's be Perry Fewell at the start of last season. He has reason to be confident in his front four repeating their assault on the QB in 2012. The season starts and, WTF, where did they go? There are a million things to get in synch and one of the biggest aspects has gone AWOL. Mental or physical, what happened to Tuck, Osi, and JPP? How can you predict that kind of let down?You can't predict that, but you can't let it continue to happen. Now I don't think they kick back and watch the defense stink, but how many times have you seen the same mess week in and week out? Guys out of position, etc.

Flip Empty
05-07-2013, 10:16 AM
Let's be Perry Fewell at the start of last season. He has reason to be confident in his front four repeating their assault on the QB in 2012. The season starts and, WTF, where did they go? There are a million things to get in synch and one of the biggest aspects has gone AWOL. Mental or physical, what happened to Tuck, Osi, and JPP? How can you predict that kind of let down?
You can't predict it, but you have to try and rectify it. Clearly they couldn't last season.

A guy like Tuck already has millions in the bank, two titles to his name and has been in pain for large stretches of the year. How do you motivate someone like that?

When a leader is phoning it in, what does that do to the rest of the team?

RoanokeFan
05-07-2013, 10:16 AM
You can't predict that, but you can't let it continue to happen. Now I don't think they kick back and watch the defense stink, but how many times have you seen the same mess week in and week out? Guys out of position, etc.

I get just as frustrated as anyone when a guy like Stevie Brown is running in the wrong direction. But on at least one occasion, I believe it was Rolle who clearly saw Brown doing it and did nothing to try to counter the mistake. You can coach until you are blue in the face, but if they run the wrong routes on offense or can't shed a block on the Dline, sometimes, just sometimes, it's on the players.

RoanokeFan
05-07-2013, 10:17 AM
You can't predict it, but you have to try and rectify it. Clearly they couldn't last season.

A guy like Tuck already has millions in the bank, two titles to his name and has been in pain for large stretches of the year. How do you motivate someone like that?

When a leader is phoning it in, what does that do to the rest of the team?

Don't get me started on Tuck the "leader."

Rudyy
05-07-2013, 10:21 AM
I get just as frustrated as anyone when a guy like Stevie Brown is running in the wrong direction. But on at least one occasion, I believe it was Rolle who clearly saw Brown doing it and did nothing to try to counter the mistake. You can coach until you are blue in the face, but if they run the wrong routes on offense or can't shed a block on the Dline, sometimes, just sometimes, it's on the players.It's on the players, but it's the continuation that is the problem. If one guy was always messing up, then I'm not blaming the coach for one guy. If the entire team is out of wack for long periods of time, something else is happening. The continuation factor is the biggest factor for me.

RoanokeFan
05-07-2013, 10:27 AM
It's on the players, but it's the continuation that is the problem. If one guy was always messing up, then I'm not blaming the coach for one guy. If the entire team is out of wack for long periods of time, something else is happening. The continuation factor is the biggest factor for me.

I don't presume to know when a player like Ojomo is ready. I saw flashes of some pretty good football when he was on the field in pre-season. He spent the 2012 season inactive. Every game, I would hope he'd get some playing time because Tuck, Osi and JPP (to a lesser extent) had left the building as far as I was concerned. But teams, not just this one, tend to ride their "play makers" beyond their shelf life for whatever reasons make sense to them.

I know I don't know as much as they do, I don't see the players in practice or meeting rooms. Everything I base my thoguhts on takes place in something around 30 minutes of play 16 days of the year.

Rudyy
05-07-2013, 10:31 AM
I don't presume to know when a player like Ojomo is ready. I saw flashes of some pretty good football when he was on the field in pre-season. He spent the 2012 season inactive. Every game, I would hope he'd get some playing time because Tuck, Osi and JPP (to a lesser extent) had left the building as far as I was concerned. But teams, not just this one, tend to ride their "play makers" beyond their shelf life for whatever reasons make sense to them. I know I don't know as much as they do, I don't see the players in practice or meeting rooms. Everything I base my thoguhts on takes place in something around 30 minutes of play 16 days of the year.That's good, we shouldn't just assume everything from 60 of play but unfortuately that is all we see to base our judgement off of.

RoanokeFan
05-07-2013, 10:34 AM
That's good, we shouldn't just assume everything from 60 of play but unfortuately that is all we see to base our judgement off of.

Which is why I don't like criticizing players and coaches as though every bad play defines who they are. It's a lot more complicated than we realize I think.

Flip Empty
05-07-2013, 10:43 AM
It's just so odd how this happens every damn year. There's too large a sample base to pass it off as mere coincidence. Something this organisation is doing (or isn't doing) is causing this.

RoanokeFan
05-07-2013, 10:46 AM
It's just so odd how this happens every damn year. There's too large a sample base to pass it off as mere coincidence. Something this organisation is doing (or isn't doing) is causing this.

It's odd and frustrating. If there was one answer I'd like to think they'd find it. But I am looking forward to 2013 being an on season lol

We know last season wasn't.

gumby74
05-07-2013, 10:55 AM
It happens every year. And that points to somewhere in the organisation. The only other constant is Eli.

Flip Empty
05-07-2013, 10:56 AM
It's odd and frustrating. If there was one answer I'd like to think they'd find it. But I am looking forward to 2013 being an on season lol

We know last season wasn't.
Yep, I'm confident that this will be an "on" season as well. The team's desire to be inconsistent prevents them from sucking two years in a row.

The offense will return in a big way, I reckon.

Rudyy
05-07-2013, 10:58 AM
Which is why I don't like criticizing players and coaches as though every bad play defines who they are. It's a lot more complicated than we realize I think.It doesn't drfine them. Meaning I don't think we are as bad as our play, but because it happens almost every year at the same time..the continuation factor kicks in and you have to wonder if it's more than the players.

TCHOF
05-07-2013, 11:00 AM
It happens every year. And that points to somewhere in the organisation. The only other constant is Eli.

Also seems to be a constant that the back end of our schedule is more difficult than the front end.

RoanokeFan
05-07-2013, 11:01 AM
Yep, I'm confident that this will be an "on" season as well. The team's desire to be inconsistent prevents them from sucking two years in a row.

The offense will return in a big way, I reckon.

I'm expecting a big year from Eli, Nicks, and Cruz in the air game and Brown in the running game. I think Pugh will win the starting RT position and we will begin to see an efficient OLine for the first time in a while. If we get JPP back to his game, with the DTs we've brought in, we should be able to pressure QBs far better than we did in 2012.

RoanokeFan
05-07-2013, 11:02 AM
Also seems to be a constant that the back end of our schedule is more difficult than the front end.

That may have more to do with the "collapse" than anything other single factor.

TCHOF
05-07-2013, 11:03 AM
That may have more to do with the "collapse" than anything other single factor.

What came first, the chicken or the egg?

Actually, in many of these years, Giants fans were bemoaning the back end of the schedule when the schedule first came out, and then went nuts claiming a "collapse" when the team didn't fare well during that stretch that everyone new would be difficult from day one.

gumby74
05-07-2013, 11:06 AM

It's happening for a very long time now. When people are making excuses for that long, something is wrong.

Rudyy
05-07-2013, 11:09 AM
It's bad when the coach AND players state there will be no second half collapse...and it happens anyway..

RoanokeFan
05-07-2013, 11:10 AM
What came first, the chicken or the egg?

Actually, in many of these years, Giants fans were bemoaning the back end of the schedule when the schedule first came out, and then went nuts claiming a "collapse" when the team didn't fare well during that stretch that everyone new would be difficult from day one.

I suppose if we looked at it from a physicality perspective, when you play the weakest part of your schedule first, get banged up, lose some players for periods of time, and then start to play all of the contenders, you are having the deck stacked against you. As an example, if we had played the killer part of the schedule first, players like Nicks would have been healthier.

It may also be I just prefer being positive lol

RoanokeFan
05-07-2013, 11:12 AM
It's bad when the coach AND players state there will be no second half collapse...and it happens anyway..

It's not that they don't believe what they're saying, IMO, it's that they don't know what causes it which means you can't fix it.

Rudyy
05-07-2013, 11:14 AM
It's not that they don't believe what they're saying, IMO, it's that they don't know what causes it which means you can't fix it.And that is the problem.

RoanokeFan
05-07-2013, 11:17 AM
And that is the problem.

And if you, or I, would just tell them what "that" is, VOILA! :cool:

Rudyy
05-07-2013, 11:20 AM
And if you, or I, would just tell them what "that" is, VOILA! :cool:I wish it were that simple, but I am not a player or a coach. I do not have the amount of football knowledge that Coughlin has. Which is why I'm confused as to why he's not sure of the collapses, when they ALWAYS happen.

RoanokeFan
05-07-2013, 11:22 AM
I wish it were that simple, but I am not a player or a coach. I do not have the amount of football knowledge that Coughlin has. Which is why I'm confused as to why he's not sure of the collapses, when they ALWAYS happen.

This will sound stupid, I'm sure, but I'm not convinced it has anything to do with football, per se.

Rudyy
05-07-2013, 11:23 AM
This will sound stupid, I'm sure, but I'm not convinced it has anything to do with football, per se.How are you convinced of that? Just curious.

RoanokeFan
05-07-2013, 11:31 AM
How are you convinced of that? Just curious.

I have found, in my working life, that when it comes to motivation, one size doesn't fit all. What floats my boat, sinks someone else's boat and you simply can't account for everyone's personal motivator. Your best scenario might be that you have a preponderance of people who can get on board a particular set of motivators and give everything they have to reach the common goal. You will never have everyone on board. In my time, you cold legitimately write 5 - 10% of the populace off in terms of buy in for any number of reasons.

People chide TC about his on time rules, as an example. It's really not abot being "on time", it's about paying attention to details. Something I always found to be true is this; If we take care of the little things, the big things will take care of themselves.

Rudyy
05-07-2013, 11:48 AM
I have found, in my working life, that when it comes to motivation, one size doesn't fit all. What floats my boat, sinks someone else's boat and you simply account for everyone's personal motivator. Your best scenario might be that you have a preponderance of people who can get on board a particular set of motivators and give everything they have to reach the common goal. You will never have everyone on board. In my time, you cold legitimately write 5 - 10% of the populace off in terms of buy in for any number of reasons.People chide TC about his on time rules, as an example. It's really not abot being "on time", it's about paying attention to details. Something I always found to be true is this; If we take care of the little things, the big things will take care of themselves.But is it motivation? Is it injury? What is causing this? Again, it's the continuation. It's such a mystery to me. Maybe we will never know what causes this collapse..I just hope it doesn't happen again. Which sounds a little odd.

RoanokeFan
05-07-2013, 12:00 PM
But is it motivation? Is it injury? What is causing this? Again, it's the continuation. It's such a mystery to me. Maybe we will never know what causes this collapse..I just hope it doesn't happen again. Which sounds a little odd..

I don't think it's ONE THING. In the recent past, the back end of the schedule has been brutal in terms of teams poised to contend. When you have played half a season, sustained injuries, lost players, etc. the climb is all the harder. But I have seen non-football situations where despite having everything in place to guarantee success (money, tools, personnel, contractors, materials) failure is the end result.

If they knew, they would fix it.

Rudyy
05-07-2013, 12:05 PM
.I don't think it's ONE THING. In the recent past, the back end of the schedule has been brutal in terms of teams poised to contend. When you have played half a season, sustained injuries, lost players, etc. the climb is all the harder. But I have seen non-football situations where despite having everything in place to guarantee success (money, tools, personnel, contractors, materials) failure is the end result. If they knew, they would fix it.Have you seen it over and over again?

RoanokeFan
05-07-2013, 12:09 PM
Have you seen it over and over again?

Honestly, only recently. What I used to find really annoying is playing down to teams we should beat and then beating teams where we didn't match up well at all. But there is certainly an argument to be made about collapses. Do players just assume Eli is going to make a 4th Q comeback no matter what? Do we get ahead, as in that Eagles' game, and blow a lead to lose the game because the punter screwed up by not putting the ball out of bounds?

I think it's just a complicated issue that doesn't have one answer.

Mercury
05-07-2013, 12:26 PM
I think it's just a complicated issue that doesn't have one answer.

Definitely. Plax shooting himself derailed one of our best years. Injuries were taking their toll, but Plax made the wheels fall off. I think that's what started the whole "collapse" arguement.

2012 - On the outside, looks like a collapse, too. But when you look at it closer, we weren't very good in the first half of the season, we were just lucky to eke out some wins when we could have very easily lost.

RoanokeFan
05-07-2013, 12:31 PM
Definitely. Plax shooting himself derailed one of our best years. Injuries were taking their toll, but Plax made the wheels fall off. I think that's what started the whole "collapse" arguement.

2012 - On the outside, looks like a collapse, too. But when you look at it closer, we weren't very good in the first half of the season, we were just lucky to eke out some wins when we could have very easily lost.

Given the fact that the team measures everything under the sun, it makes me think it happens for different reasons.

Rudyy
05-07-2013, 12:38 PM

2012 - On the outside, looks like a collapse, too. But when you look at it closer, we weren't very good in the first half of the season, we were just lucky to eke out some wins when we could have very easily lost.The Plax thing was on Plax. I agree.

But years after..um..

RoanokeFan
05-07-2013, 12:40 PM
The Plax thing was on Plax. I agree.

But years after..um..

I beg to differ, if the coaches had provided target practice for Plaxico.......

Rudyy
05-07-2013, 12:48 PM
I beg to differ, if the coaches had provided target practice for Plaxico.......Now you're getting it.

Kruunch
05-07-2013, 01:01 PM
The second half collapses aren't a huge mystery. TC is a pedantic lecture style coach. He does a really good job of covering all of the bases (pardon the mixed metaphor) with his players but by mid-season, they start tuning him out. Sometimes he gets them back (2007 and 2011) but most times, they either fall short of the play offs or are one and done when they cruise in.

Ever listen to him at practice? He's one long lecture that never stops.

RoanokeFan
05-07-2013, 01:30 PM
The second half collapses aren't a huge mystery. TC is a pedantic lecture style coach. He does a really good job of covering all of the bases (pardon the mixed metaphor) with his players but by mid-season, they start tuning him out. Sometimes he gets them back (2007 and 2011) but most times, they either fall short of the play offs or are one and done when they cruise in.

Ever listen to him at practice? He's one long lecture that never stops.

I've never been to one of his practices. Lucky you.

sheli no more
05-07-2013, 01:39 PM
I think at this point we get what we get with TC.

That means well disciplined teams that lose focus/drive in the second half of the season with the chance to catch fire at the tail end of the season and win it all.

No one wants to see the Giants make the playoffs :D

Except us Giants fans ;)

Astorian
05-07-2013, 03:14 PM
The fact that the 'collapse' always happens in the second half says to me that: (1) we have a superior team that plays well and puts up a fine W/L record early, but that (2) the rest of the league starts to figure us out as the season wears on (because we are so predictable) and (3) we are unwilling or unable to make adjustments. I see the predictability factor as the main problem. We seem to be convinced that if our schemes worked in the beginning of the season (or even the season before), they will continue to be effective forever, in spite of changed circumstances.

pino
05-07-2013, 03:18 PM
You mean this whole time he's been coaching to decline late in the season?! For shame!

Kruunch
05-07-2013, 03:56 PM
I've never been to one of his practices. Lucky you.

I sneak inside the bubble every so often. :cool:

Great coach ... but about as interesting to listen to as a Kissinger recital of Othello.

Flip Empty
05-07-2013, 06:40 PM
The fact that the 'collapse' always happens in the second half says to me that: (1) we have a superior team that plays well and puts up a fine W/L record early, but that (2) the rest of the league starts to figure us out as the season wears on (because we are so predictable) and (3) we are unwilling or unable to make adjustments. I see the predictability factor as the main problem. We seem to be convinced that if our schemes worked in the beginning of the season (or even the season before), they will continue to be effective forever, in spite of changed circumstances.
That doesn't explain why players roll over and go to sleep during games, though. That Bengals game - the team may as well have left the field.

Drez
05-07-2013, 06:50 PM

2012 - On the outside, looks like a collapse, too. But when you look at it closer, we weren't very good in the first half of the season, we were just lucky to eke out some wins when we could have very easily lost.We did have quite a few ugly wins in the first half of the year. And winning ugly oft leads to losing ugly.

Drez
05-07-2013, 06:51 PM
That doesn't explain why players roll over and go to sleep during games, though. That Bengals game - the team may as well have left the field.Nor does it address that if we are so predictable, why is it that we always do well at the beginning of the year... If we were that predictable, would teams previous adjustments not work against us the following year?

RoanokeFan
05-07-2013, 07:28 PM
I sneak inside the bubble every so often. :cool:

Great coach ... but about as interesting to listen to as a Kissinger recital of Othello.

Great coach being the operative part lol

RoanokeFan
05-07-2013, 07:29 PM
We did have quite a few ugly wins in the first half of the year. And winning ugly oft leads to losing ugly.

Can I borrow this in the future?

Drez
05-07-2013, 09:15 PM
Can I borrow this in the future?Absolutely. I think it's an original thought, but I can't even be sure of that, lol.

Rudyy
05-07-2013, 09:24 PM
Absolutely. I think it's an original thought, but I can't even be sure of that, lol.It's not lol.

I mentioned it earlier, and people screamed at me and called me spoiled because although we were 6-2 we were not playing like a 6-2 team.

RoanokeFan
05-07-2013, 09:28 PM
It's not lol.

I mentioned it earlier, and people screamed at me and called me spoiled because although we were 6-2 we were not playing like a 6-2 team.

I'll thank you both, just in case, but NO ROYALTIES

Drez
05-07-2013, 09:36 PM
It's not lol.

I mentioned it earlier, and people screamed at me and called me spoiled because although we were 6-2 we were not playing like a 6-2 team.I did not read that.

gmen0820
05-07-2013, 10:52 PM
Winning ugly oft leads to losing ugly.

That's what I always say :cool:

Drez
05-07-2013, 11:13 PM
Winning ugly oft leads to losing ugly.

That's what I always say :cool:Only at closing time at the bar.

RoanokeFan
05-08-2013, 07:44 AM
Only at closing time at the bar.

at closing time, everything is beautiful :cool:

Drez
05-08-2013, 08:20 AM
at closing time, everything is beautiful :cool:At least until daybreak.

SweetZombieJesus
05-08-2013, 08:25 AM

We keep getting the no shows in big games at crucial moments and we did it again last year, blew a 2 game division lead and lost 2 of our last 3. But every now and then they pull out of the funk and win a Super Bowl.

SweetZombieJesus
05-08-2013, 08:29 AM

And Tom has been saying he doesn't understand it. He's the G-damned coach! Every year, 6-2 start. Ever year, 2nd half collapse with disgusting turd no shows. No idea what it is, no idea how to fix it. ARRRRRGH! Tom needs to hire an external consultant/observer, something... Bring Parcells in as a 2nd half consultant.

SweetZombieJesus
05-08-2013, 08:36 AM

No no no, this goes all the way back.

2004, Eli and Coughlin's first year, we can write off to making Eli the starter and growing pains. But they lost 8 of their last 9 games.

We've got the 2nd half collapses every year. But even worse, the gutless no-shows. 2005 home playoff loss to Panthers, 23-0. 2006 playoff loss to Eagles. 2008 home playoff loss to Eagles. 2009 last game ever at Giants Stadium 41-9. 2010 Eagles game meltdown. 2010 Packers loss with a playoff spot still up for grabs 45-17. Last year blowing a 2 game division lead with 34-0 loss to Atlanta and 33-14 loss to Baltimore.

It's not just the collapses, it's the ****-the-bed losses in big spots. It's one thing if they fought hard and lost. It's different when they lay an unmotivated egg and embarrass themselves for their lack of heart.

The roster has changed over so many times since 2004 it can't be the players.

I don't understand how the same coach can inspire these zombie-like massacres -and- those two galvanized playoff runs.

RoanokeFan
05-08-2013, 08:50 AM
At least until daybreak.

That's when you find coyote ugly

joemorrisforprez
05-08-2013, 05:08 PM

This.

I'd have to search around to find the article, but the back half of the season ramps up dramatically in terms of quality of opponent, and this has been the case for several years. If you overlay the Giants record with the strength of opposition, there is a very strong correlation.

Flip Empty
05-08-2013, 09:28 PM
If you overlay the Giants record with the strength of opposition, there is a very strong correlation.

It still wouldn't explain how they drop games against bottom feeders and give up halfway through competitive games.

RoanokeFan
05-08-2013, 10:01 PM
And Tom has been saying he doesn't understand it. He's the G-damned coach! Every year, 6-2 start. Ever year, 2nd half collapse with disgusting turd no shows. No idea what it is, no idea how to fix it. ARRRRRGH! Tom needs to hire an external consultant/observer, something... Bring Parcells in as a 2nd half consultant.

The same Parcells who threw the team under the bus?

giant-4-life
05-09-2013, 08:30 AM
Naw forget the peak stuff... We need.. CONSISTENCY!