PDA

View Full Version : Big Blue's Passing Attack Right On Schedule

BlueBlitzer
05-07-2013, 08:19 PM
When the Giants go 4 wide with Nicks, Randle, Cruz, and the speedster from carolina, we should dominate more often then not. Throw in the TE from the Raiders, and Eli might be unstoppable.

brad
05-07-2013, 08:40 PM
When the Giants go 4 wide with Nicks, Randle, Cruz, and the speedster from carolina, we should dominate more often then not. Throw in the TE from the Raiders, and Eli might be unstoppable.

Do that too often and we will be finding out just how good Nassib is way sooner than expected.

gmen0820
05-07-2013, 08:43 PM
Do that too often and we will be finding out just how good Nassib is way sooner than expected.Lmao

Mr. G-Man
05-07-2013, 09:51 PM
im very excited about the offense we are about to put on the field. the passing attack is ready to go and IMO, david wilson is going to lead the league in all-purpose yards this season. :cool:

jomo
05-07-2013, 10:32 PM
im very excited about the offense we are about to put on the field. the passing attack is ready to go and IMO, david wilson is going to lead the league in all-purpose yards this season. :cool:I'd be right there with you except that we are returning a mediocre OL. We'll be better on O but that progress will be stunted by the OL.

Harooni
05-07-2013, 10:36 PM
Its best if we get the running game going, and have eli throw no more than 20 times a game.

B&RWarrior
05-07-2013, 10:57 PM
Its best if we get the running game going, and have eli throw no more than 20 times a game.

Our running game won't be good enough to support those # attempts, more like 30-40 times a game.

giantsfan420
05-07-2013, 11:12 PM
Its best if we get the running game going, and have eli throw no more than 20 times a game.we r not talking about ben here. lmfao. ur really especially on tonight. u got ur fishing pole and the bait all ready to go, now just wait on a poor unsuspecting sap...

giantsfan420
05-07-2013, 11:13 PM
oh, and while big bens best yrs were when he could rely on the run game and d to the SB, eli was able to help lead us to one with the last ranked run game. so its not best to limt eli like u would big ben but let eli loose...like hes proven he can do at the highest levels...sb mvp

Harooni
05-07-2013, 11:15 PM
we r not talking about ben here. lmfao. ur really especially on tonight. u got ur fishing pole and the bait all ready to go, now just wait on a poor unsuspecting sap... no seriously I think the giants do better when the run can net over 100 yards and that opens up the pass, if eli is accurate he should throw around 20 or so times.

G-Men Surg.
05-08-2013, 01:11 AM
That's my way of thinking too. I would love to see NY Giants kind of football back. Ground and pound, impose their will over rivals and then let Eli pick them apart in the passing game. I'm not implying the Giants can't be a dominant passing team but I like the physical formula better. Has worked in the past, present and of course still works. Somethings never change.

Diamondring
05-08-2013, 03:26 AM
Do that too often and we will be finding out just how good Nassib is way sooner than expected.How you came to that conclusion?

Captain Chaos
05-08-2013, 05:41 AM
I think that you may have a deft receiver with some quicks in the backfield. With three wideouts and wilson in the backfield, if things aren't developing he can certainly take that quick dump off and make something happen.

Mercury
05-08-2013, 08:51 AM
I'd love it to see a pick-your-poison offense - capable of running it or passing it to win.

danielboone
05-08-2013, 10:10 AM
That's my way of thinking too. I would love to see NY Giants kind of football back. Ground and pound, impose their will over rivals and then let Eli pick them apart in the passing game. I'm not implying the Giants can't be a dominant passing team but I like the physical formula better. Has worked in the past, present and of course still works. Somethings never change.

Oh, yes, some things do change. Like the NFL rule book. Defending a pass is much harder than it used to be. That's why you see some teams like the 2011 Giants win Super Bowls with no run game. Your offensive scheme might have some success but won't put up many points while our porous LBs and secondary will give up many points that can only be offset by the Giants putting more points on the board.

GameTime
05-08-2013, 10:22 AM
oh stop already with this unstoppable crap. So much more has to go into the offensive success what you mentioned....

GameTime
05-08-2013, 10:24 AM
no seriously I think the giants do better when the run can net over 100 yards and that opens up the pass, if eli is accurate he should throw around 20 or so times.
even with 100 yards on the ground. No way Eli is only throwing 5 times a quarter......sorry Harooni

Flip Empty
05-08-2013, 11:24 AM
oh stop already with this unstoppable crap. So much more has to go into the offensive success what you mentioned....
But, but...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JFbgxcCpxto

dayeh33
05-08-2013, 02:43 PM
I'd be right there with you except that we are returning a mediocre OL. We'll be better on O but that progress will be stunted by the OL.
Idk why everyone is saying we're weak on the OL. They didn't play that bad last season at least in pass protection. We have Beatty long term and draft a very versatile lineman that IMO can start week 1. We got much younger for the long term signing Beatty and drafting Pugh. Most teams only have 2 at most 3 above average lineman, and that's what we have in Pugh Beatty and Snee

mercurio
05-08-2013, 03:27 PM
I'd be right there with you except that we are returning a mediocre OL. We'll be better on O but that progress will be stunted by the OL. I believe we have upgraded our OL. Pugh has the skills to control defensive lineman and with pancake and roadblock we have the ability to open holes and wear down big DLs.

Tommy_Ribs
05-08-2013, 08:30 PM

So you thing a realistic play call mix in today's NFL is 46 runs and 20 passes?

I am a 50/50 run/pass guy - and that is going away.

Flip Empty
05-08-2013, 08:36 PM
So you thing a realistic play call mix in today's NFL is 46 runs and 20 passes?

Only if you have Alex Smith as a quarterback.

BigBlue1971
05-08-2013, 08:52 PM
I'd be right there with you except that we are returning a mediocre OL. We'll be better on O but that progress will be stunted by the OL.

i agree. Eli can only manfacture so much!

the o-line has got improve and be better than last year!

Sean Montemayor
05-08-2013, 09:37 PM
Have some ******* faith people!!!! O-line?!?!?!?! LT- Will Beatty, LG- Kevin Boothe, C- Baas, RG- BREWER!!! Yeah. I went there. Snee?!?!?!?! Dude had hip surgery!!!!!! Can't even practice till July!!!! RG- PUGH!!!!!!!!!! YEAH BABY!!!! Tough as nails linemen!!! ONLY REAL QUESTION MARKS ARE BOTHE AND BAAS!!!!!! Maybe a backup takes there place!!!!! Besides that, the fact of the matter is....OUR O-Line WIL BE IMPROVED!!!!!

Flip Empty
05-08-2013, 10:14 PM
That's a lot of exclamation marks.

Sovereign
05-08-2013, 11:20 PM
Killdrive never uses the 4 WR sets unless it's a 3rd and long.

giantsfan420
05-09-2013, 01:26 AM
Only if you have Alex Smith as a quarterback.or big ben his first 2-3 yrs...

Sovereign
05-09-2013, 01:34 AM
i agree. Eli can only manfacture so much!

the o-line has got improve and be better than last year!

You people are too much. Did you not watch 2011?

brad
05-09-2013, 06:09 AM
How you came to that conclusion?

The O-line wasn't stellar last year with TE and RB help, you are suggesting and empty backfield, sending out 4 receivers and a TE... Eli may or may not make the throw, but he will get hit every time they run that.

Diamondring
05-09-2013, 07:17 AM
The O-line wasn't stellar last year with TE and RB help, you are suggesting and empty backfield, sending out 4 receivers and a TE... Eli may or may not make the throw, but he will get hit every time they run that.If what you have said is true, then why Eli had close to 4k in yards?