PDA

View Full Version : Would Curry have a shot at starting?

dayeh33
05-08-2013, 07:45 PM
I know he's had injuries in the past, but the kid obviously has talent if he managed to be a top prospect in the draft. If he's healthy I think it would be a great signing. With good coaching and a stable organization he might be able to live up to his potential. Would he have a chance to start if all goes well with his visit?

jomo
05-08-2013, 07:47 PM
I know he's had injuries in the past, but the kid obviously has talent if he managed to be a top prospect in the draft. If he's healthy I think it would be a great signing. With good coaching and a stable organization he might be able to live up to his potential. Would he have a chance to start if all goes well with his visit?He has done absolutely nothing as a pro to feel that he could be a starter for us absent a boatload of injuries in front of him. Everything else is just conjecture and wishful thinking.

BeatYale
05-08-2013, 08:11 PM
Top prospect or not, some guys just flat line in development - but fans like to perceive that they have this endless potential still. I don't expect much from him at all.

myles2424
05-08-2013, 09:37 PM
There's 3 average injury prone players ahead of him, nothing will suprise me...

Broadway Blue
05-08-2013, 09:46 PM
If Curry can stay healthy it would be better then what we have now

speed3freak
05-08-2013, 09:58 PM
If Curry can stay healthy it would be better then what we have now

Rivers is a first round Linebacking injury magnet.

Curry is a first round linebacking injury magnet.

Both have immense potential, and Curry was a goddamn revelation at Wake Forest.

bearbryant
05-08-2013, 10:03 PM
Rivers is a first round Linebacking injury magnet.

Curry is a first round linebacking injury magnet.

Both have immense potential, and Curry was a goddamn revelation at Wake Forest.

Right...@ Wake Forest not Alabama! Never know what might happen but I haven't heard anything yet that tells me otherwise! Go Giants!

giantsfan420
05-08-2013, 11:17 PM
u guys all like revisionist history huh? Curry def did have spurts where he displayed being worthy of the selection. iirc, his rookie year or sophomore year were turning out solid until he got hurt. ill check and get back...i absolutely think he his health checked out he could fight for a starting spot at OLB

giantsfan420
05-08-2013, 11:20 PM
he actually had a solid 2nd yr and was growing as a player. 73 tackles. 3.5 sacks. 2 FF, 4 TFL. His rookie year he had 2 sacks, 5 TFL and 6 Pass Defenses...the guy wasnt a scrub. also, this was when seattle was perennially bad...if he's healthy, he'd be a viable competitor for our Sam or Will

Captain Chaos
05-09-2013, 06:22 AM
The guy is in the unenviable position of trying to save a career that got derailed early and looked worse because of his mega contract, he will be looking for at least a one year contract on a descent team to re-energize his stock. This could be a win-win if he is healthy, he's big and fast and could be a huge boost to a very mediocre LBing core.

bigjeep
05-09-2013, 06:46 AM
I know he's had injuries in the past, but the kid obviously has talent if he managed to be a top prospect in the draft. If he's healthy I think it would be a great signing. With good coaching and a stable organization he might be able to live up to his potential. Would he have a chance to start if all goes well with his visit?

Proves what a crap shoot the draft really is. In the end, it comes down to, whats between the ears!

GameTime
05-09-2013, 08:11 AM
Proves what a crap shoot the draft really is. In the end, it comes down to, whats between the ears!

yep and the desire to put the work in to stay a true NFL talent....

Kruunch
05-09-2013, 08:42 AM

At this point I think the assistant manager of 7-11 has a shot to start at MLB for us this season.

TCHOF
05-09-2013, 09:15 AM
I'm not sure why anyone thinks that this would be a great signing based upon this guy's body of work so far in the NFL.

You are operating under the flawed assumption that he obviously has talent because he was a top pick in the draft. If that's the case, we should run out and sign Vernon Gholston and Jason Smith.

MattMeyerBud
05-09-2013, 09:38 AM

if there is one thing about linebackers this year, I think the term "Open competition" has never rang truer

B&RWarrior
05-09-2013, 09:56 AM
if there is one thing about linebackers this year, I think the term "Open competition" has never rang truer

If this is really true than Dan Connor is much less of a pick up than I thought. I thought we got somebody that was head and shoulders better than CB in the middle.

joemorrisforprez
05-09-2013, 10:33 AM
At this point I think the assistant manager of 7-11 has a shot to start at MLB for us this season.

LMFAO!!!!

Great point.

I think we as fans should all help Jerry find our linebackers, since apparently the NCAA didn't produce any that could help the team out in 2013.

For example, there's this one dude at the post office that has some guns...I bet if Reese put him in pads he could compete with Dan Connor for MLB.

B&RWarrior
05-09-2013, 10:37 AM
Bring him into camp and see what happens.

joemorrisforprez
05-09-2013, 10:39 AM
Bring him into camp and see what happens.

True....beggars can't be choosers.

MattMeyerBud
05-09-2013, 12:14 PM
If this is really true than Dan Connor is much less of a pick up than I thought. I thought we got somebody that was head and shoulders better than CB in the middle.

na, I don't think you should of expected that with a vet minimum deal like what Connor got

Kruunch
05-09-2013, 02:14 PM

Connor has always been depth at best on the teams he's played for to date.

There is upside in youth, but that's about it (Chase has a much better body of work to date).

MLB is wide open for whoever performs in camp this year.

myles2424
05-09-2013, 02:51 PM
Its ridiculous that this is how good our LBs are....Aaron F'n Curry actually has a chance...

ImElectric2
05-09-2013, 03:14 PM
Its ridiculous that this is how good our LBs are....Aaron F'n Curry actually has a chance...It really is a sad state. I'd almost welcome Carlos Emmons back at this point.

joemorrisforprez
05-09-2013, 03:16 PM
It really is a sad state. I'd almost welcome Carlos Emmons back at this point.

LOL!!!!

I remember steam coming out of Carl Banks' ears when he was calling those games.

MattMeyerBud
05-09-2013, 03:41 PM
It really is a sad state. I'd almost welcome Carlos Emmons back at this point.

bite your tongue

ImElectric2
05-09-2013, 04:09 PM
bite your tongue:P

BlueBlooded1979
05-10-2013, 02:47 AM
It can't hurt to bring him into camp and see what the coaches think. He is athletic, high character and showed flashes. He has an injury history but has played in 48 of 80 games compared to Rivers 46 of 96. The Seahawks liked him as an extra edge rusher early on which is always appealing. Maybe a nice SLB to take Kiwis place since he looks to be a full time DE.

I doubt the LB depth on this team is too much for him to be invited to camp.

NYGfanSTRICK
05-10-2013, 07:53 AM
I think it would be a another low risk high reward type of deals. He could come out and do nothing but its not like he is going to get some relatively big contract if he came here. Or he could actually make an impact and maybe switch off games being hurt w/ rivers at SLB haha. He has a lot of talent and maybe he can put it together here or at least somewhat. With our LB core it couldn't hurt honestly..

TAILGATIN'
05-10-2013, 08:00 AM
I thought I read yesterday in one of the papers that no deal was struck and Curry was now looking elsewhere. That should put a nail in this thread if its true.

MattMeyerBud
05-10-2013, 12:20 PM
In Reese We Trust

Coughlin said Aaron Curry's visit/workout was still going on this morning. That's why Curry is still here. Coughlin said there's "interest" - From Ohm Youngmisuk

hes still here