PDA

View Full Version : Josh Cribbs Leaves Giants Unsigned; Kevin Boss stops In For A Visit

RoanokeFan
05-09-2013, 06:30 PM
http://www.giants101.com/2013/05/09/josh-cribbs-leaves-visit-with-new-york-giants-unsigned-kevin-boss-stops-in-for-a-visit/

Excerpt: "Like linebacker Aaron Curry (http://www.giants101.com/tag/aaron-curry/), wide receiver/kick returner Josh Cribbs (http://www.giants101.com/tag/josh-cribbs/) left his visit with the New York Giants (http://www.giants101.com/tag/new-york-giants/) on Thursday without a contract. And also like Curry, he'll now move onto other teams that have expressed interest.

For Curry, he will head home to North Carolina and ponder seven additional options (http://www.giants101.com/2013/05/09/aaron-curry-says-visit-with-new-york-giants-went-well-has-not-signed/). Meanwhile, Cribbs, who has also met with the New York (http://www.giants101.com/tag/new-york/) Jets and Oakland Raiders, will head to Michigan for a meeting with the Detroit Lions before weighing his options.

Just because both players left without a deal today doesn't mean one couldn't come down the line. It will all depend on how they performed and were evaluated, and how serious the other teams are about signing them. If a bidding war ensues, you can almost guarantee the Giants will bow out." Read more...

MattyD21
05-09-2013, 10:24 PM
From Aaron Curry's twitter account
‏@AaronCurry51
My few hours with #Giants staff and players explain everything to me... #firstclass

Toadofsteel
05-09-2013, 10:31 PM
Nice to see Boss coming in to say hello... maybe that would help Myers get acquainted with the team better (since it was Boss that basically recruited Myers for us in the first place)...

Carter.525
05-09-2013, 10:43 PM
Nice to see Boss coming in to say hello... maybe that would help Myers get acquainted with the team better (since it was Boss that basically recruited Myers for us in the first place)...

Yup, thank you Kevin Boss

smd16nwo
05-10-2013, 10:59 AM
OK, so isn't Boss still a member of the Patriots? Doesn't he remember what happened to Jacobs for voicing his opionion about missing the Giants, i hope he is careful and it does not cause him any issues with his current team.

Rudyy
05-10-2013, 11:03 AM
OK, so isn't Boss still a member of the Patriots? Doesn't he remember what happened to Jacobs for voicing his opionion about missing the Giants, i hope he is careful and it does not cause him any issues with his current team.Ballard is on the Pats

lamas
05-10-2013, 11:06 AM
OK, so isn't Boss still a member of the Patriots? Doesn't he remember what happened to Jacobs for voicing his opionion about missing the Giants, i hope he is careful and it does not cause him any issues with his current team.
Boss is a free agent. You're thinking about Ballard.

You're quick Rudyy.

giants8493
05-10-2013, 11:07 AM
OK, so isn't Boss still a member of the Patriots? Doesn't he remember what happened to Jacobs for voicing his opionion about missing the Giants, i hope he is careful and it does not cause him any issues with his current team. I think Ballard is dough.

Rudyy
05-10-2013, 11:08 AM
Boss is a free agent. You're thinking about Ballard.

You're quick Rudyy.It's an acquired skill :D

giants8493
05-10-2013, 11:11 AM
Josh cribbs leaving the New YORK Giants without a contract can mean ONLY 1 thing. And that is they still want David Wilson To BE returning kicks. That also means they don't want him to be the starter at running back.
Either that or they think that someone else on the team can return kicks. I think that the giants saw how good kick returns can help a team so they want to continue on that trend.
I certainly hope that David Wilson is not the returner though because I do not want him to get hurt. I think he can be a great running back for the giants.

G-Men Surg.
05-10-2013, 11:14 AM
No bro, he was signed by the Raiders two seasons ago and got cut after one year and then he played with the Chiefs but his season was cut short by darn concussion ( again ). Sadly the word on the street is that Boss he is pondering retirement in consequence of those multiple concussions suffered during his short career.

smd16nwo
05-10-2013, 11:17 AM
Oh that's right, I need to wake up this morning ha ha. Thanks man.

smd16nwo
05-10-2013, 11:19 AM
That sucks if his career was cut short, the kid had great potential.

smd16nwo
05-10-2013, 11:23 AM
Being a VT fan and watching Wilson he comes from the school of Special Teams because that is what they do very well at VT. So he definitely brings a spark and can give us great field position. The problem with that is he is now our feature back along with Andre Brown so how much do you want to use him is my concern. Anyone else hear anything good as to Tim Hightower being in good shape and healthy. I know he is supposed to come in for a meeting with the team soon.

Flip Empty
05-10-2013, 11:59 AM
Josh cribbs leaving the New YORK Giants without a contract can mean ONLY 1 thing. And that is they still want David Wilson To BE returning kicks. That also means they don't want him to be the starter at running back.
Either that or they think that someone else on the team can return kicks. I think that the giants saw how good kick returns can help a team so they want to continue on that trend.
I certainly hope that David Wilson is not the returner though because I do not want him to get hurt. I think he can be a great running back for the giants.

You don't draft a kick returner in the first round. Wilson will be a running back first, surely.

MattyD21
05-10-2013, 12:01 PM
Thers no way TC is letting david wilson return kickoffs. Wilson will be the starter @RB , i think the giants roster is full at 90 with all the UDFA's at rookie camp and we will probley see a guy or two picked up after a few rookies are cut

giants8493
05-10-2013, 12:05 PM
You don't draft a kick returner in the first round. Wilson will be a running back first, surely. I agree. And I certainly hope so.
Although if the Giants do not think he can handle running back...just because he was a first round pick does not mean he will not be our KR of the future. The fact that the giants were at least looking at cribs is a good sign in that regard.

MattMeyerBud
05-10-2013, 12:13 PM

or it could mean that they didn't like his interview, that they couldn't agree on money, or he didn't work out well....

MattMeyerBud
05-10-2013, 12:15 PM
You don't draft a kick returner in the first round. Wilson will be a running back first, surely.

unless ur the dolphins and u want Ted Ginn over Darrell Revis, Marshawn Lynch, and or Jon Beason (DOH!)

GeoGoGo
05-10-2013, 12:36 PM
Being a VT fan and watching Wilson he comes from the school of Special Teams because that is what they do very well at VT. So he definitely brings a spark and can give us great field position. The problem with that is he is now our feature back along with Andre Brown so how much do you want to use him is my concern. Anyone else hear anything good as to Tim Hightower being in good shape and healthy. I know he is supposed to come in for a meeting with the team soon.

Any words of wisdom about Marcus Davis? I find him and his physical tools intriguing.

jomo
05-10-2013, 02:51 PM
"See ya" and "no thanks love you man."

smd16nwo
05-10-2013, 03:15 PM
If he can inprove the offensive field position and give them a short field, he will definitely be back there returning kicks. Plus they also use Rueben Randle as a Punt Returner so really he would only be doing kickoff's and hopefully the defense does not give up that many points for him to have to ruturn that often.

ShakeandBake
05-10-2013, 03:15 PM

Uh, no. Just no.