PDA

View Full Version : Giants' Top Pick Pugh Set To Show Off Mean Streak

RoanokeFan
05-10-2013, 07:45 AM
http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/football/giants/giants-top-pick-pugh-set-show-streak-article-1.1340123

Excerpt: "When the Giants took Justin Pugh (http://www.nydailynews.com/topics/Justin+Pugh) in the first round of the NFL draft two weeks ago, they praised him as a “clean” player. He was everything they wanted in an offensive lineman smart, athletic, versatile, “technically sound,” and without a single off-field issue.

Nobody in the Giants’ brain trust referred to him as “mean” even though that might be the Syracuse product’s best attribute.

“Oh yeah, absolutely,” said new Giants quarterback Ryan Nassib of Pugh, his left tackle the last three seasons with the Orange. “He’s one tough dude. I’ve seen him many a time make his opponent quit. It’s almost humorous when guys stop rushing him at the end of games.”

“He’s like Velcro,” added Will Hicks, the assistant athletics director for athletic performance at Syracuse. “When he gets on you, he sticks to you. You can’t pull him away. You can’t get away from him.” Read more...

Carter.525
05-10-2013, 09:05 AM
yes sir, can't be an O-linemen without being mean..

Shimmy
05-10-2013, 09:30 AM
*Starts to watch as posters take a 180 with their view on Pugh before he takes a single snap with the team*

ashleymarie
05-10-2013, 09:34 AM
The meaner the better. Our Oline has been lacking for so long. Bring it P-man.

Shockeystays08
05-10-2013, 09:39 AM
Talks cheap. He won't be facing the Big East he's gonna be tested against real players week after week. I hope he pan's out and I have a gut feeling he will. But let's cool the jet's on his abilities until he actually shows something at the NFL level.

jomo
05-10-2013, 09:40 AM
Nastiness is a critical quality in a top OL.

giantscolombia
05-10-2013, 09:40 AM
The meaner the better. Our Oline has been lacking for so long. Bring it P-man.
P-Man?
wow...smh
not a good nickname at all...

jomo
05-10-2013, 09:43 AM
Talks cheap. He won't be facing the Big East he's gonna be tested against real players week after week. I hope he pan's out and I have a gut feeling he will. But let's cool the jet's on his abilities until he actually shows something at the NFL level.He's shown all the qualities necessary to succeed at evey level he's played. That, along with great athleticism give him a good shot at success at the next level.

"Talk is cheap" applies to things like NASCAR package where there is absolutely no evidence after a year that this was a thoughtful, productive or successful strategy in any way whatsoever.

B&RWarrior
05-10-2013, 09:54 AM
He's shown all the qualities necessary to succeed at evey level he's played. That, along with great athleticism give him a good shot at success at the next level.

"Talk is cheap" applies to things like NASCAR package where there is absolutely no evidence after a year that this was a thoughtful, productive or successful strategy in any way whatsoever.

But it sounds cool! :(

ashleymarie
05-10-2013, 09:59 AM
P-Man?
wow...smh

I could have said "P-rex" but did not want to insult his short arms.

TCHOF
05-10-2013, 10:01 AM
We need more guys who are described as "physical" and "mean"

jomo
05-10-2013, 10:01 AM
But it sounds cool! :(It does and that is what "talk is cheap" is all about...............simply an idea that captures the imagination................in the end, nothing useful.

jomo
05-10-2013, 10:02 AM
We need more guys who are described as "physical" and "mean"May I add nasty and gnarly to that list?

TCHOF
05-10-2013, 10:05 AM
May I add nasty and gnarly to that list?

Absolutely!!

Carter.525
05-10-2013, 10:07 AM
P-Man?
wow...smh

Big Poppa Pugh..?

ryan12
05-10-2013, 10:07 AM
im excited to see him go out there and punch people in the throat

ashleymarie
05-10-2013, 10:09 AM
Big Poppa Pugh..?

I agree this is better.

B&RWarrior
05-10-2013, 10:11 AM
I get the nasty narly thing, but we need talent. Attitude alone will not get it. Stray is a great example. He wasn't mean or nasty but he was awesome and talented. Remember that Eagles tackle that he continuously abused- I think it was Runyan. He was supposed to be the meanest SOB. All for not, 'cause Stray took his **** to school every time they played.

jomo
05-10-2013, 10:21 AM
I get the nasty narly thing, but we need talent. Attitude alone will not get it. Stray is a great example. He wasn't mean or nasty but he was awesome and talented. Remember that Eagles tackle that he continuously abused- I think it was Runyan. He was supposed to be the meanest SOB. All for not, 'cause Stray took his **** to school every time they played.I am not talking nasty in a punk sort of way, I am talking attitude in how they physically engage at the snap. We had eveolved to having too many finesse guys in both trenches. I call them dancing bears; think Osi and Beatty. When we need a push on third and short or need a stop on third and short, all that finesse goes out the window. We need guys who can bend their oponents backward and finish blocks...............more guys like Seubert. Straham was as physical as necessary. Oponents weren't running at him like they did with impunity on Osi. Go Blue!!

RoanokeFan
05-10-2013, 10:23 AM
The meaner the better. Our Oline has been lacking for so long. Bring it P-man. PLEASE! It's Velcro to you :)

drewz
05-10-2013, 10:26 AM
P-Rex is an awesome name

ashleymarie
05-10-2013, 10:28 AM
P-Rex is an awesome name

+1

giantscolombia
05-10-2013, 10:29 AM
P-Rex is an awesome name
I agree bro. P-Rex strikes more fear than P-Man.

from an apex predator to someone you do not want to meet in the men's room.

TCHOF
05-10-2013, 11:22 AM
I get the nasty narly thing, but we need talent. Attitude alone will not get it. Stray is a great example. He wasn't mean or nasty but he was awesome and talented. Remember that Eagles tackle that he continuously abused- I think it was Runyan. He was supposed to be the meanest SOB. All for not, 'cause Stray took his **** to school every time they played.

We aren't talking mean and nasty people at a ****tail party . . . just mean and nasty on the field . . . . and Stray was every bit of that.